Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 4,850

Ryno

McWave Though I know you are wavian but live in Canada I wanted to tell you that I was up snowboarding at Whistler this past weekend while all the goomba’s were glued to their TV’s watching a meaningless game. For lunch yesterday I got some Canadian McDonalds and the fries I noticed tasted different then here in the States. I was as surprised as Peter Venkman after he discovered Dana Barret was possessed by Zuul! Anyway, yeah the N64 totally missed the Love Boat when they neglected to make 64-bit sprite based games. Though part of me thinks I missed out on some Excellent Adventure like experiences, I’m really kind of glad that I don’t have nostalgia mixed in for my feelings towards the Bogus Journey N64 because then there would be even more games I would want to collect! Plus there are enough NES, SNES, Genesis, and Atari 2600 for this dude's lifetime to keep me satisfied even if I never buy another current gneration game.

I sold Super Castlevania IV for $51.99 plus $4 for shipping. I don’t think I would have got that for it on Ebay in an auction. I mean, I bought my near mint complete copy for $37.00 and it had all the inserts and the plastic on it except one side where you open the box. I could have put a “But it Now” price but there are plenty of Super Castlevania IV copies on Ebay. Amazon’s situation for SC IV was different. Also, I just sold my attacked by vampire fangs scratched label cart only copy of Bloodlines for $22.50 on Amazon whereas I bought the cart originally for $12.00 with shipping and my nice complete copy from Ebay for $24.00 including shipping!

Strider is totally rough like a killer pizza. So if you do get it though best be prepared like a Ninja! I’m sure if you have read reviews you have heard this already though. I haven’t got to far in it yet but it’s pretty fun if you don’t mine some frustration. As for Mighty Final Fight, I have only played it for like 3 minutes, saving it for after Strider, I will be sure and let you know though! Mighty Final Fight goes for some serious Space Cash so you may need to get a loan from Uncle Scrooge!

Yeah, hear you about playing/finding Radical Rescue. How do you like Operation C compared to the other Contra’s?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

I received Power Blade yesterday and what an underrated NES classic this is! Just look at the 80’s Terminator inspired cover! I purchased it and the seller said it was “new”. Here’s the Wild and Crazy kids thing, when I got I thought I got RickRollD resealed! There was no H-seam on the back, just one long seam going along the side, top, and bottom. So I was like OK, I didn’t overpay for this and was planning to open it up anyway so I proceeded and expected the worst. Come to find out though the game was there in the plastic baggy with a mint copy of the manual, neon colored Taito poster, and the Nintendo Power ad! I checked the contacts of the game and they looked like they came straight form Videoland.

Untitled

Untitled

Power Blade has one of my favorite NES soundtracks. Seriously, if you like good NES tunes listen to the different Sectors music. I would describe it as a Mega Man and Castlevania 3 in 1 bar Popsicle musical infusion! Sector 4 is my favorite.

Anyway, I remember renting this game as a kid and who can forget the Nintendo Power cover? Looking forward to rolling with Nova and wielding the razor-sharp steel power blade to save the New Earth from aliens!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno
glad you got that. when i decide to play it and after i beat it im going to immediately pop in power blade 2. i was actually going to start the series last weekend but decided to play and finish shatterhand instead. i put that taito poster on my wall too. lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

sykotek

Obvious Asian bootleg. They even spelled "Colour" wrong.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

KingMike

Got both the NES game and its crappy Famicom counterpart. Haven't decided if I should start with the bad version first.
Luckily got a CIB Famicom copy of the second game for about $40 a couple years ago so I don't need to worry about paying the insane price for the sequel.

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Luckily got a CIB Famicom copy of the second game for about $40 a couple years ago so I don't need to worry about paying the insane price for the sequel.

captain saver!!!
no really thats what the game is called guys...Power Blade 2 aka Captain Saver for famicom.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jdkipfer

It was Super mario rpg.

3ds fc:2921-9106-1046 Jesus Loves You:D I am trying to get a free iPad at youripad4free.com. I need referrals. You can click on this link if you want to. http://www.YouriPad4free.com/index.php?ref=7095879

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Ryno
glad you got that. when i decide to play it and after i beat it im going to immediately pop in power blade 2. i was actually going to start the series last weekend but decided to play and finish shatterhand instead. i put that taito poster on my wall too. lol

Yeah man, I am definitely excited for this one! Wish I had Power Blade 2 as well. Do you just go ahead and tack the posters on the wall? I am tempted to do that sometime though I want to keep them nice.

So after reading yours and KingMike's comments, I looked into little about Power Blade/Power Blazer and Power Blade 2/Captain Saver. I am glad that Power Blade is different than Power Blazer! So, the original's were different but what about the sequels, are the Famicom and NES versions the same? And yes, the sequel is going for an silly price now unfortunately.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Ryno

Yeah man, I am definitely excited for this one! Wish I had Power Blade 2 as well. Do you just go ahead and tack the posters on the wall? I am tempted to do that sometime though I want to keep them nice.

So after reading yours and KingMike's comments, I looked into little about Power Blade/Power Blazer and Power Blade 2/Captain Saver. I am glad that Power Blade is different than Power Blazer! So, the original's were different but what about the sequels, are the Famicom and NES versions the same? And yes, the sequel is going for an silly price now unfortunately.

yeah i tack my posters on the wall. the power blade sequels are the same just different title screens.

the_shpydar wrote:

chiwii

I picked up a bunch of GBA carts at Gamestop's GBA clearance sale. All of the GBA games and accessories are 75% off in the US.

Some of the highlights from my purchase were Wario Land 4, Gunstar Super Heroes, Metal Slug Advance, both Klonoa games, Rayman 3 and Advance, and a couple of Mega Man Zero games. All of the games that I bought cost between $0.50 and $2.50.

Edited on by chiwii

chiwii

StarBoy91

After watching Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D in theaters today (which I thought was good, and it was the first time I ever saw it), I went to the retro store 3D Games and bought a couple of games:
Untitled
A fully boxed copy of Glover for the Nintendo 64, which is pretty great so far (I admit, I played the PlayStation version beforehand, but I'm liking the Nintendo version a lot more so far) It's also a lot smoother than the Sony version, plus there are few controls and features that were absent in the PlayStation One version
Untitled
Having looked up a bit about Radical Rex some time ago, I decided to buy it for the SNES on a whim (for I was very curious about it), and I've got to say, my first impression is that it's very decent (it's no Super Mario World 1 and 2, Plok, or even DoReMi Fantasy, but it's good from what I've played); it's an interesting concept, and I like how you control a little cartoony dinosaur with a radical 'tude (it's also anachronistic, in that Rex rides on a skateboard during the prehistoric era, but I don't mind that so much)

I think I chose a couple good purchases here

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

HandheldGuru97

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350472793443?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT...
Warbirds for my Atari Lynx. Hasn't shown up yet. (supposed to get here on the 14th)

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Ryno

I haven't bought a PSX game in a long time but this one is a must for a Castlevania fan like me! Along with this black label version I got the limited edition preorder Castlevania music sampler CD the spans music from many of the previous Castlevania's. It's interesting to hear the Famicom versions of songs from Castlevania II and III compared to the NES. Some are quite different. I admit the Famicom versions are more "advanced" but I still prefer the NES versions and I know it's because that is what I played as young Vampire Hunter. For future Halloween parties I am definitely going to spin this CD! Somehow I missed out on this game back in the days when I had a Playstation. I must have been under Dracula's Curse or something.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

I haven't bought a PSX game in a long time but this one is a must for a Castlevania fan like me! Along with this black label version I got the limited edition preorder Castlevania music sampler CD the spans music from many of the previous Castlevania's. It's interesting to hear the Famicom versions of songs from Castlevania II and III compared to the NES. Some are quite different. I admit the Famicom versions are more "advanced" but I still prefer the NES versions and I know it's because that is what I played as young _Vampire Hunter. _ For future Halloween parties I am definitely going to spin this CD! Somehow I missed out on this game back in the days when I had a Playstation. I must have been under Dracula's Curse or something.
Untitled

glad you finally got that game. its a great one.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

@Ryno: One of the best Castlevanias ever. Even though alot of people dont like the Metroivania style I guess am one of the rare exceptions in that I love it better than old style Castlevania. The music was some of the best I even heard in a PS game as well as a Castlevania. Damn it now I am going to have to drag out my PS2 and play this bad boy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

@Tasuki: I actually just finished my first real Metroidvania game, Circle of the Moon and yeah I liked it but I think I prefer just the straight up level to level, no upgrading and getting stronger with experience points type of gameplay that the pre-Symphony of the Night games were. I think a lot of people actually prefer Metroidvania's especially with those that didn't grow up with 8 and 16 bits systems. But I am looking forward to playing this someday because of all the good things I have heard. Any idea on how long a 1st playthrough is?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno it depends on if you get everything like all items, and fill out the map. I cant really give you an accurate account of how long the first playthourgh is without giving away spoilers.

While I did grow up with the 8 bit and 16 bit Castlevanias the only one I really liked was Super Castlevania IV on the SNES and Castlevanis III on the NES. But I still prefer the Metroidvania ones over those ones.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

@WaveBoy
Castlevania ReBirth, there are some people who say theres a save feature and others say there isnt. but do these codes actually work:
1-"At the title screen, select "Game Start", and hold Right to select levels that were previously completed on the same difficulty"
2-"Choose "Game Start" and hold Left on the D-pad to unlock the Level Select screen"
ive even seen some folks on here mention the codes didnt work.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Mk_II

N64 Waialae Country Club True Golf Classics (Euro PAL CIB) and four excellent Gameboy games: Kirby's Dream Land 2, Mega Man - Dr. Wily's Revenge, Super RC Pro AM and Pocket Bomberman

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic