Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 3,330

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

981. Posted:

I bought Banjo Pilot for GBA...pretty cool game. But it needs a sequel, like nearly all Rare games.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

982. Posted:

@Ryno: Awesome purchase their Ryno I am sooooo jealous, lol. With that collection alone you are going to be parting 80's Ninja Turtle style for awhile. I have the first 4 season of DVD I can only imagine them on Blu Ray.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

983. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

"Someday this is how you'll have fun."?
Might not seem as fun if you have to break the bank to get it. :P
(now I am curious about the content of the rest of that advertisement.)

I'm guessing the Bloodlines plastic case is rarer than the cardboard box? (so I've heard stores like Toys 'R Us were flooded with them in the late '90s or so).
Better condition than mine, a loose cart with sticker gunk all over it. Still plays just fine though.

My latest purchase is Super Putty for the SNES, cart and manual. It looks like a very weird game and I wanted one with a manual to see if it sheds any light on what they were thinking when they made it. :D

Underneath the saying is a picture of two old people sunnin' in lounge chairs on the beach drinking a strawberry daiquiri and the funny thing is the ocean is at their back! Haha... The flip side of that picture says something like "so you better take advantage of the these great Konami games before its to late!" Then its poster for their most popular SNES games. I looked up what Konami games were released for the SNES and surprisingly to me there was not many. In 1995 when Dracula X was released it looks like there were only 2 other Konami SNES games that year; Metal Warriors (another pricey and rare game) and some lame NBA game. I imagine that poster is pretty rare, too bad I didn't get the registration card. Oh well.

"Might not seem as fun if you have to break the bank to get it." Aint tthat the truth right? Haha...

Yeah, the plastic is the first release with the color manual cover and it reminds of the old VHS cases. :P The cardboard box was later used by Sega for the Genesis and probably used to cut costs along with the black and white manuals.

Super Putty, huh? You definitely find some werid obscure games. Haha..

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

984. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Awesome purchase their Ryno I am sooooo jealous, lol. With that collection alone you are going to be parting 80's Ninja Turtle style for awhile. I have the first 4 season of DVD I can only imagine them on Blu Ray.

Hey Tasuki, do you have the cartoon season 1-4 or the 4 movies on DVD? I still don't have any of the cartoons but would love to get those some time. :D

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

985. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Hey Tasuki, do you have the cartoon season 1-4 or the 4 movies on DVD? I still don't have any of the cartoons but would love to get those some time. :D

I have the first four seasons of the cartoon series and all four movies on DVD.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

986. Posted:

@Ryno

Holy Bucky 'O hare & Captain Crunch crap! I seriously need to get that TMNT Bluray combo pack faster than a Loony green Gumby on roller skates! The Pizza discs are totaly awesome, plus the radical beanie is a must. :D And you have me beat for now Rybotron with your massive 59" 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV and your Lion King birdies flying straight out of your TV.lol I'll have to settle for a standard 42" plasma for now, but before the Wii U hits i'm going all out like the Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. B-)

Untitled

and Bloodlines will eventually be thee' reason for when i get around to getting a Genesis. I just haven't mustered up the Super Sonic Mega courage to do so yet. I'd personally rather go for an Atar 2600 before i hit up the Mega Drive in FunkO Mega Blast Processing land. B-)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

987. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I have the first four seasons of the cartoon series and all four movies on DVD.

I've only got the first 2 seasons on DVD, and the first 2 movies on DVD. :p I'm tempted to finally check out the 3rd TMNT flick, but I'm actually kind of scared to....But it can't be any worse than the recent CG sequal. I know I know, I'm being a bit harsh....

But i felt like they destroyed casey Jone's character, the bad guys were horrible, the plot was mediocre, April became a sword wielding ninja(WTF!?) and everything that was happening on screen just wasn't that interesting besides the entire rivalry and fued between Leo and Raph(roof top fight was the highlite) :p Plus i didn't like Splinters new look, plus the turtles just don't feel right being plunked in the 2000's. And I totaly missed Aprils 80's big hair along with her banana rain suit get up. :p It's great to hear though that the next turtle movie is going to live action, the bad news? Platinum Dunes is helming it....The guys behind the horrible A Nightmare on Elm Street remake and everything weak sauce reboot they've done. oh well, the more turtles the better i say! :p

And for me, i remember being in and out of TMNT cartoon series with the 5th season and onwards when it aired on TV. Seasons 1-3 especially were my glorified turtles days. B-) But I plan on getting the later seasons on DVD, at least most of the episodes will feel fresh hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

988. Posted:

@Waveboy: Oh I agree with you on the CG movie. Its was bad but still watchable IMO. What will be bad I am fearing is the TMNT that Nickelodeon is doing. I dont know why they cant handle it nicely like the Thundercats reboot but whatever. Didnt know that they were making another movie but that doesnt surprise me. Truth is I have just given up on any new versions of TMNT to hit me like a Vanilla Ice ninja rap tune. Nothing in my eyes will beat the original tv series.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

989. Posted:

I'm guessing you're talking about the new CG 2012 Turtles show coming out...Which looks pretty awful I gotta say. More artifical computer animated TV junk to add to the CG infested poop pile.lol.

I'm all for anything Pixar, but when you're limmited to a TV budget, with weaker talent...you're basically screwed. That new CG mickey mouse cartoon is all sorts of horrible and completely artificial and robotic. It blows my mind how they let the crap slide, in comparison to how amazing and magical mickey mouse was in the 80's and years before hand especially. Other CG TV shows like Reboot and BeastWars were actually pretty decent for the time though I'll admit. B-) But they still pale in comparison to that retro-cartoon magic of the past.

And i agree, I don't think anything will top the original TMNT Cartoon either.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

990. Posted:

Okay, After the Holidays, I was left looking for an obscure Gaming system, and what better way to start of the year with a Gaming handheld-phone Hybrid... The Nokia N-Gage otherwise known as the Taco phone! Mind the image quality
Untitled
Yes, Nokia's first and only "Gaming Phone", The phone that was heavily criticized for Some Reasons other than the lack of compelling software exclusives. I had one some weeks after it came out with the expectations of this replacing my gba. I was wrong. The only reason why I bought this again is purely for novelty purposes alone, and It came cheap with four games...
Untitled
With the exception of Pocket Kingdom, these games are Watered down versions of existing games. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off for some lunch...
Untitled
Guacamole anyone?

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

991. Posted:

Guess whose back! Guess who's back.
Shady? Naaaah, Retro!
I made some awesome purchases today! Covering nearly all the retro systems in my house.
First up...
Untitled
Super R-type!
This one was weird. I got it, and the rest, at PlayNTrade. They had R-type 3 and this. I read the Nintendolife review for both a while ago and couldn't remember which was the one with the higher score. I took a chance and bought this, trusting my memory. I was wrong, lol! Still, I love shmups and high difficulty so I'm sure a lot of the baby complaints this game gets won't bother me. I may return it and get R-type 3 if it turns out to be genuinely bad though. Sure that won't happen though. Anyways, next!...
Untitled
Shadow gate!
I love this game. I'm not a big nerd for point and click adventures, but the atmosphere and music in this game is just awesome! I'm gonna wait till I have a whole day I can dedicated to playing this game till I pop it into my NES. So excited. And finally....
Untitled
Twisted Metal 2!
The king of...whatever genre it is! Twisted Metal! I grew up on this and 4, but I can't find my copy of 2 so I just took the plunge and bought this awesome game. Here things get a bit lame. I thought it was CIB when I saw it, but up close I noticed they just printed out the front and back covers off the Internet and put it in some random CD case. Sooo lame, but at least I can play this again. I may get the case only off eBay later if I really feel like it. My remaining money will be going to preorder that new TM Coming out for PS3 though.

So that's it. 3 great games (hopefully I'll end up enjoying super r-type.) for $16.96! They had a deal. Buy 2 used games get a third free so I couldn't resist. They had sooo many games I wanted though. I definitely have to go back for chip n dale rescue rangers, but I'm really happy with my purchases for today. :) Great day. Time to pop in r-type.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

992. Posted:

Super R-Type suffers from heavy slow down, which eases the harsh difficulty somewhat.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

993. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

Super R-Type suffers from heavy slow down, which eases the harsh difficulty somewhat.

Well that's great to hear as I just read the review and it's main complaint is the difficulty. 8/10 tempts me to just go out and swap this for r-type lll though. I'll see just how hard it is and base my opinion on that. If the level design is enjoyable enough to be fun even on easy mode I'll keep it and get r-type lll.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

994. Posted:

i just ordered Undeadline and Twinkle Tale repro games for the Genesis
2 brand new emerald green ps2 controllers and a brand new Castlevania Chronicles for ps1...i sold my used copy of Castlevania Chronicles a couple months ago. im about to get Dracuala X for snes but i cant seem to find a nice looking copy at the moment.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

995. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo: Glad to see you make an appearance after such a long absence and didn't forget that you had Retro in your name afterall :p Nice purchases, Super R-Type is fun though R-Type III maybe slightly better due to the slowdown that GundamMac already mentioned. Just have both I say. Shooters are good fun and a great challenge! Can't have to many SNES games in your collection. B-) Shadowgate is a fun and unique experience. You will die more times in that game then any other as you hopefully learn from your mistakes and progress. The main hall tune is so catchy, love it. I don't remember if I ever played Twisted Metal 2 though I played one of them back in my PSX days!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

996. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno

Holy Bucky 'O hare & Captain Crunch crap! I seriously need to get that TMNT Bluray combo pack faster than a Loony green Gumby on roller skates! The Pizza discs are totaly awesome, plus the radical beanie is a must. :D And you have me beat for now Rybotron with your massive 59" 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV and your Lion King birdies flying straight out of your TV.lol I'll have to settle for a standard 42" plasma for now, but before the Wii U hits i'm going all out like the Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. B-)

and Bloodlines will eventually be thee' reason for when i get around to getting a Genesis. I just haven't mustered up the Super Sonic Mega courage to do so yet. I'd personally rather go for an Atar 2600 before i hit up the Mega Drive in FunkO Mega Blast Processing land. B-)

I just can't enough of the Lion King birdies, I tell you. :p It makes me feel like Little Ryno The Dream Master of the Universe. I fear that once the Teeange Mutant Ninja Wave get's a 2600 he will get sucked into Atari Dimension like Bastian from The Neverending Story. Just make sure you get the "wood veneer" version though, its pure class. Oh, and hopefully you have a small head because the TMNT beanie wasn't made for adult size head's with a mullet. :P

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

997. Posted:

my most recent retro purchase: Donkey Kong on MSX cassette tape
Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

998. Posted:

Finally got around to getting Legend of Zelda: Dink's Awakening for the Galactic Gizmo GameBoy, but not the DX version. Who needs color anyways(I do! hehe, but i wasn't willing to pay the extra CosmoCash.) plus that silly & stupid color dungeon just makes the game 10x easier once you reach that smoking hot 8-bit Fairy and you receive either Link's mondo super sizzling dragon Defense, or his most rightous gladiator-fied wielding Swordicus.

Either way, the game basically makes you invincible like Mario gulping down a StarMan soda shake. :p

Untitled

And....A 1988 California Raisen! WoAoAoAoAoA!!! B-) Oh man, these little toys bring back a lot of memories! Kind of annoys the hell out of me that i got rid of all of my old toys from when i was kid. All of my TMNT, Ghostbusters, He-man, Bucky 'O Hare, GIJOE's ect ect have been turned into Toy-goop and sent off to planet Gorlax....I don't know what that is, but I'll never see those tiny bites of epic figurine nostalgia ever again. Kind of makes me wish my parents would of just taken them and locked them up in storage. :p

Untitled

But meh, i can just buy them on eBay, which i've been doing as of late. :p Those He-Man figurines aren't cheap I'll tell you that. eek! And here's a little California Raisen Breakfast cereal raisin-Retro commercial goodness for ya! Damn I love Claymation...Especially when Pee Wee opens up his fridge in Peewee's playhouse haha.. :D

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

999. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno

I just can't enough of the Lion King birdies, I tell you. :p It makes me feel like Little Ryno The Dream Master of the Universe. I fear that once the Teeange Mutant Ninja Wave get's a 2600 he will get sucked into Atari Dimension like Bastian from The Neverending Story. Just make sure you get the "wood veneer" version though, its pure class. Oh, and hopefully you have a small head because the TMNT beanie wasn't made for adult size head's with a mullet. :P

I know that Warpified and Dimension X-like Atari feeling all to well haha, sorta. :p And The Never Ending story you say? One of my all time favorite flicks growing up, i think everybody that was 5-7 years old during the time had a crush on the Princess. :p It was such an atmospheric and beautiful movie no doubt. And yup, it's the Wood-Atari all the way....I woodn't haven't it any other way. :p And sucks about the beanie, my mullet would tear through that thing(if i had one, then again, my hair is kind of long. But it's not buisness in the front and party in the back.lol :p

Either way i guess the beanie was designed for turtle tots. lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,000. Posted:

Well guess what guys? My PS2 is crapping out on me. :(
I only got it a year, maybe a few months, after launch and it's already failing me! I tried playing Twisted Metal 2 on it and it would only play the songs. There was no way I could get it to work. Google didn't help, but when I went back to the store they let me try it on their ps3 and it worked fine. The guy said it may be my PS2. Really sucks since I was so excited to play the game. I just ended up returning it since I won't bother to get my ps2 fixed and traded the game for...
R-type lll.
I'm still saying it's the disc's fault not my system though since my copy of Digimon World 3 doesn't work on my ps2 but it does on my cousin's ps3. Weird and sad turn of events for me. Anyways I tried Super R-type and it's really fun. I've only done easy mode though.

My Colors! 3D Gallery