Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 961 to 980 of 3,429

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

961. Posted:

Oh, Power Stone Collection is a very great compilation, and the games in it are a blast, too; the first Power Stone is my favorite of the two :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

962. Posted:

PeacefulLuma91 wrote:

Oh, Power Stone Collection is a very great compilation, and the games in it are a blast, too; the first Power Stone is my favorite of the two :)

Mine, too. Dunno why, I guess it's the same with Rumble Schools, the second one's additions just didn't do anything for me.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

963. Posted:

@PeacefulLuma91: That is just crazy to me that ActRaiser is the only Quintet VC game. I rather have CIB copy of a game over a download but anyway it is still find it surprising. Especially with Illusion of Gaia which Nintendo publishing in NA. I have a copy of Soul Blazer as well though I have yet to play it. I enjoyed reading your comments on the Nintendo Life Illusion of Gaia section (including the interesting factoid that SNES games by Nintendo have a red stripe and the others have a purple one) , you had plenty to say. :) Did you ever get a copy of or play Terranigma and what do you know about Robotrek?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

964. Posted:

I like Robotrek but I recall there is a part near the end where you can't go back so if you're underleveled it'll be quite frustrating.
Would be better if you could use all three of your robots at once instead of having to swap out. (though the game has a unique feature in that power-up canisters appear on the field. Some contain bonus EXP (known as "Megs") but you lose them if you don't finish the battle before a timer runs out. I guess that'd be harder with a team.)

Recent purchases: RoboWarrior (NES) cart $5, Legacy of the Wizard cart and box $7 (no manual, should've checked first since this store was selling a cart and manual only copy for $5). I was suspecting I overpaid for Animaniacs SNES, $9 for a loose Majesco cart (and I hear the Genesis version was a better game). I looked at Maken X for Dreamcast, but at $11 for a copy with scratches on the disc I passed it up because I know that's one of the few Atlus games that isn't valuable. :)
Battle of Olympus NES cart for $5 shipped. I Bought It on ebay, even if the listing played said Weird Al song, because it seemed like an okay price. :D

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

965. Posted:

UntitledI'm going to party like it's 2010.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

966. Posted:

I just got this SNES Lot for the smokin' price of $19.50 shipped:

I had this one as a kid but as of right now I don't have a Super Scope so I can't exactly play it at the moment. This game was awesome though back then and makes me want the Scope now to give it a whirl. Even if it means I need to get 57 batteries to use it. :D

Untitled
I think I had that shirt and that seem weave belt! Haha..

I have actually never played this one even though it was a launch title and a couple of friends and I had the SNES near launch. I wasn't a big shooter person when I was a kid (played U.N. Squadron a lot, that was about the extentof it) but now I want to collect them especialy as "Shooter" was a big genre back then. I just saw a 100% CIB copy of this go for around $40.00 alone so I am happy about getting this in the SNES trifecta. :o

Untitled

The last one is another SNES launch title. This game is so F-awesome! I played it so much growing up and actually still do when I am at an old friend's house and we set up the SNES. I only wish that it was 2 player. This is the only thing keeping it from perfection. I love how the back of the box and manual are all comix-zone style. B-) The receipt is included and it was bought in '92 for $49.99, same price as Nintendo Wii games today, and that was cheap SNES game! Somehow inflation has missed video games.

Untitled

Since we are talking about F-Zero here, listen to this track. It has to be one of the greatest video game tracks. When I am weaving through traffic on the I-5 or outrunning the cops, I am cranking this. :p

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

967. Posted:

That's certain a price increase for Gradius III. I remember getting the game new years after it was released ('95 maybe?) for like $20 at EB.
Strangest thing I saw was when I bought a complete copy of Fire Emblem GC (Path of Radiance?) from GameStop and someone's Walmart receipt was in the manual. Wasn't even for the game, it was for like chips or something.
Now I have a different copy with box and manual though my box is in pretty bad shape (sides folding).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

968. Posted:

Nice buys Ryzoola! :p
I remember Renting Mega Man 4 around the time it was released long ago in the land of perms and mullets, along with Where's Waldo(don't ask! :p) for the NES. Yet at this point Mega Man 4 fet like stale Tetris-territory for me in the
land of everything man & Mega. Or rather it didn't boast that same radical magic that Mega man 2, 1 and even 3
had. Dive man's stage was pretty awesome though along with his stellar aquatic tunes which totaly set the under water tone.

Plus it' got Skull man...he was just a total bad ass at the time. B-) Plus it had that iconic horrible battle against Toad man...lol
He'd jiggle his belly and do the truffle 'Goonies style' while it rained robo acid. Sure that was awesome,
but there was a bit of a lame glitch or advantage you could pull off that would freeze or stop him in his tracks where he became next to useless. :p And don't get me started on Dust man....What was Capcom thinking!?lol

And i have some pretty funky fond memories of playing BattleClash back at my friends house with that enormous kid-bazooka aka The Super Scope. B-) I don't know if he had it set up properly, but the accuracy was pretty off compared to the zapper.lol :p Never played Gradius though, while F-zero was pretty awesome for what it is. But by my own rule of toobular thumb, i never play racers anymore that don't have weapons.lol Which means i'll basically play Mario Kart and that's it haha. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

969. Posted:

PeacefulLuma91 wrote:

I'm still blown away that Capcom have basically forgotten about Power Stone....Where's Power Stone 3!? :p
Instead make way for countless editions and Cow-Milking of everything Street Figher.

Mega Man 11, Power Stone 3 and a new Ghost 'n Goblins would be pretty awesome that's for sure.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

970. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

a new Ghost 'n Goblins would be pretty awesome that's for sure.

That's what I used to believe. No more.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

971. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

a new Ghost 'n Goblins would be pretty awesome that's for sure.

That's what I used to believe. No more.

lol What happened to poor old Aurthor? Where's his classic Stash? :p
Anyways, I've heard about Maximo and it's sequal even though I'm basically PS2-brain dead. Doesn't it kind of play like a 3D ghost 'n goblins minue the insanely tough challenge? I'll most likey never know because i don't have one ounce of interest at this point in getting a PS2(Although I really need to play through Silent Hill 2, 3 and maybe 4), because i find many older '3D' platformers in this day and age boring to play unless there's some sort of motion control involved like Super Mario galaxy 1 & 2 for example.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

972. Posted:

The Silent Hills are great. I have 3 sitting here but I have yet to really get into it. Sort of confusing. Whereas 4 is really fun and fairly linear. Still very scary. As for 2, well, I've been told you'll sh*t your pants. I have yet to play it so I have no word on it at all.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

973. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

The Silent Hills are great. I have 3 sitting here but I have yet to really get into it. Sort of confusing. Whereas 4 is really fun and fairly linear. Still very scary. As for 2, well, I've been told you'll sh*t your pants. I have yet to play it so I have no word on it at all.

I've only beaten the original SH and SH: Shattered Memories. The original SH Schools Shattered Memories in scaryness, usettling atmosphere, being mildy disturbing, and the creep factor department, even though in this day and age it looks like an ugly blocky & stiff eye sore to look at. It's also confusing, depressing and pretty boring in spots I'll admit. Plus the combat was so clunky and poor....But i guess that was done porposley considering the main hero is just your average dude trying to fight back. No Resident Evil soldiers here folks! :p

Shattered Memories like i said before was fantastic in the Motion Controls department, yet mediocre in every other. I could 'never' play this one with standard dual analog controls....And you'd have to kill me first than make me play through the original SH again.lol The experience for me in no way compared to the original RE, but it definitly makes resident evil seem like a trip to disney land in ways in comparison. :p

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

974. Posted:

Well I just got a $100 gift certificate to my local retro game store so I will be rolling in the retro goodness here soon.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

975. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Doesn't it kind of play like a 3D ghost 'n goblins minue the insanely tough challenge?

Probably. I only played some of the second Maximo and I do recall that, while one of the chief difficulties in a GnG game is endlessly respawning enemies, in this game, one of the conditions to score 100% completion on a stage is to destroy all enemies (and another is to collect all treasure chests and revealing them, like the other games, amounts to jumping around randomly all over the stage like a hyperactive little kid doped up on candy :P ).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

976. Posted:

Thanks to Nintendo I now have Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I will no longer keep looking for an original SNES version. I can finally play it! For free! On the go! I love Nintendo so much.
If I ever see this game CIB one day for cheap though I'll probably get it just for collection.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

tanookisuit

977. Posted:

Well in the last 3 weeks it has been a rollout of retro items and a system of sorts for it too.

GBA SP Graphite (agb-101 brighter) which came with 3 games(one cib, mario kart) for $50, but the system was the means to an ends. I've been snapping up a lot of Gameboy and Gameboy Color games mostly on the cheap from NintendoAge, flea market, few on ebay. http://tanooki.batcave.net/gameboy.html ...lots of stuff, see for yourself...

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://http://tanooki.home.insightbb.com/

AuthorMessage

Ryno

978. Posted:

Rynosaurus’s latest and maybe greatest retro post Christmas update:

I got this as a present and I will be enjoying these terrific turtle classics on my new 59” Samsung 1080p Plasma T.V. while scarfing down some pizza that I just sliced up with my Turbo Ginsu. How about the bodacious bonus’s this come with it? The perfect pizza box case, the sketch, comic book based on the movie, and the cool character cards! Cowabunga for sure!

Untitled

For this next item I upgraded my “cart only” to a nice condition CIB copy. I haven’t really played much of this game other than the first couple of levels. Maybe I will save it for next Halloween since my Genesis is tucked away in Dracula’s cobweb covered coffin. :p

Untitled

And then there is this... If you are classic Castlevania collector you got to have this one like Ricther’s gotta backflip. :D A mint open condition of Dracula X recently went for $338.00! :o Easy to say that this is most valuable piece in my collection though nowhere near as nice as that one.

Untitled

Since I like bonuses I invite you guys to listen to Bloodlines for the SNES. I almost like the SNES version better compared to Rondo of Blood with the strong Michael Jackson like slap bass come funking through.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

979. Posted:

i got a mother 3/earthbound 3 handbook in...ill be doing some damage next month

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

980. Posted:

"Someday this is how you'll have fun."?
Might not seem as fun if you have to break the bank to get it. :P
(now I am curious about the content of the rest of that advertisement.)

I'm guessing the Bloodlines plastic case is rarer than the cardboard box? (so I've heard stores like Toys 'R Us were flooded with them in the late '90s or so).
Better condition than mine, a loose cart with sticker gunk all over it. Still plays just fine though.

My latest purchase is Super Putty for the SNES, cart and manual. It looks like a very weird game and I wanted one with a manual to see if it sheds any light on what they were thinking when they made it. :D

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike