Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 941 to 960 of 3,447

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

941. Posted:

Ikari Warriors (arcade), Athena (arcade), Darkstalkers (PSOne Classic), and Medal of Honor Frontline HD. All on PlayStation Store. I already own Darkstalkers, but the disk got scratched somehow and wasn't playing right.

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

bub166

942. Posted:

Darkrai wrote:

Mario Kart 7 :P

I remember that game from way back when. Revolutionary for its time.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

943. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Watching him play MetalStorm just made me want to get the game that much more and not to mention depressed. Why, oh why did that guy have to make that video??? Dracula's Curse him! It could have just been another obscure cheap NES game. Oh well, just have to keep an eye out for it.

Since you are a shooter guy, what are your top 3 favorite shooters?

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

944. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Since you are a shooter guy, what are your top 3 favorite shooters?

That's easy: Raiden Fighters, Star Parodier, and Nanostray. Raiden Fighters because it's intense and veried, but not overwhelming (plus it has a great multiplayer mode), Star Parodier because of its perfect difficulty curve (starts out easy then gets really hard by the end), and Nanostray because of nostalgia (it was my first shmup, but also a very well-built game). I'm also partial to gradius, Galaga, Gley Lancer, and all the shmups by Treasure.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

945. Posted:

Untitled
yes I consider anything older than the current gen retro. It's easier on my brain

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

946. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

Untitled
yes I consider anything older than the current gen retro. It's easier on my brain

But isnt PS2 considered current gen since you can still buy one new?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

947. Posted:

Nope. It's 6th gen. PS3 is 7th Gen. It's last gen, and by my definitions, retro.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

948. Posted:

Whoa, mega cool! I just received my super out of this Siberian Citadel world complete copy of Mega Man 4 today! It has the registration card and of course the Capcom Craze Club poster. I love the Capcom Craze Club but I get the feeling the rest of you are not as crazy about it as I am. Oh well, more awsomness for me. B-) But yeah, Mega Man games on the NES with a NES controller, does it get much better?

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

949. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I get the feeling the rest of you are not as crazy about it as I am.

i have the same respect for Capcom too

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

JGMR

950. Posted:

I would almost buy a new N64 for this....

...Or a Super Famicom for this...

...Or a Famicom for this... :p

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

951. Posted:

Got Golden Sun through eBay for $10 with free shipping. I also purchased Wild Arms and Suikoden on PSN.

@Wizzrobe

See if you could get a repro cart if Final Fantasy III so you can play it on a NES.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

952. Posted:

Untitled

My latest retro game is 29 retro games in 1 awesome retro game.

Ryno wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

I know most of you guys prefer retro gaming on the original consoles but stories just like this one are the reason I like the VC better. I'll emulate anything I can before I'll gamble on a lousy reseller.

People are practically giving Xbox games away though so you shouldn't run into to many problems.

It still happens more often than it should. For example, I recently ordered a new copy of an Xbox game. It would have made a nice gift for my friend, except Capcom Classics was inside my "factory sealed" Taitos Legends case.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

953. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

My latest retro game is 29 retro games in 1 awesome retro game.

Gamesake wrote:

It still happens more often than it should. For example, I recently ordered a new copy of an Xbox game. It would have made a nice gift for my friend, except Capcom Classics was inside my "factory sealed" Taitos Legends case.

Now Taito Legends is a nice Xbox game! I have never received an incorrect game, that is pretty messed up. But at least you ended up with a quality game like Capcom Classics opposed to something like Halo. :p

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

954. Posted:

Well got a few retro games for the kid for Christmas.

Got Mario Kart 64 and Star Wars Shadows of the Empire for N64

Aladdin for SNES

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

955. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

at least you ended up with a quality game like Capcom Classics

It certainly could have been higher quality. Capcom Classics has 3 19XX games, 3 versions of Ghosts n' Goblins, 3 versions of Street Fighter 2, but no sign of Puzzle Fighter, Strider, or Progear. Maybe those last 3 games weren't classic enough for them.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

956. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Aladdin for SNES

Come on now, admit Tasuki those games are really for you! :P

Gamesake wrote:

Ryno wrote:

at least you ended up with a quality game like Capcom Classics

It certainly could have been higher quality. Capcom Classics has 3 19XX games, 3 versions of Ghosts n' Goblins, 3 versions of Street Fighter 2, but no sign of Puzzle Fighter, Strider, or Progear. Maybe those last 3 games weren't classic enough for them.

Ha, no doubt. At least they wised up and put Strider on Volume 2.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

957. Posted:

I got 2 SNES games today.

The first being Slick Rick copy of Illusion of Gaia. Another SNES classic I missed out with my limited cashola as a child but I remember this bad boy on the cover of Nintendo Power and wanting it. This reminds me since it was developed by Quintet, are there any other Quintet games on the VC besides Act Raiser?

Untitled

I doubled down with the seller and got Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Yeah I know it may not be the greatest Final Fantasy in this Fantastic world but oh well, still nice to have in the collection. What makes it a little unique is that the original shrink wrap is still mostly intact along with the Special Introductory Price seal/sticker. Cool to me at least to have those bonus rare extras. B-)

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

958. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Aladdin for SNES

Come on now, admit Tasuki those games are really for you! :P

Lol actually the Mario Kart games is cause I got the one on the VC with the Club Nintendo coins and he was asking for the 64 once I figure might as well get the Cart rather than the VC version.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

959. Posted:

@Ryno - nope, ActRaiser's the only Quintet game Square-Enix released on the Virtual Console; such a shame, too, as the other Quintet-developed titles are very fun as well (thus far, I've only played four of their titles out of the six). As far as I'm concerned, eBay or Amazon or any retro store out there (if there are any in the area) are the best choices if one wishes to experience Quintet's other five SNES titles (if they own an SNES console, that is). And Illusion of Gaia? Good choice!

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

960. Posted:

I recently got ahold of the Power Stone collection for the PSP, and really I can see so far how these games influenced Super Smash Bros. Funny thing is, I actually find them to be more fun than SSB. Guess I'd say it's more fast-paced and exciting.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~