Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 921 to 940 of 3,451

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

921. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@sykotek: Oh shiz, that sucks! Thanks for the head's up on that guy, I wont be buying anything from him. How is Strider 2 anyway?

@MickeyMac: That sucks too.

Did you get pics first?

Nope, I didn't even own a camera until recently. Luckily it was still in good condition, so it's not that bad. So long as I keep it that way I can still sell it for a good deal, just not at a profit. Really, I'm just happy to own the game, used or new.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JGMR

922. Posted:

The Legend of Zelda Sound & Drama 2CD, new and sealed. It was quite expensive... :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

923. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

I bought Strider 2 from this eBay douche a long time back. So I buy this game and he calls it Mint. The jewel case wasn't the original, it was scuffed and cracked and missing the back insert entirely, the manual was ripped and wrinkled, and ...man, the game...scratched. Worse yet, it was on the top layer where the data sits, so I couldn't even buff out the scratches on the bottom. Get this...the best thing, it may not be common knowledge other than to those who own the game, but Strider 2 came with 2 discs, one for the original Strider, one for Strider 2. They were both misprinted by Capcom. This guy gives me 1 of the two discs, the one labeled Strider 2 (which was actually Strider 1 and presumably keeps the other). I contacted him, he never even had the decency to write back...

I know most of you guys prefer retro gaming on the original consoles but stories just like this one are the reason I like the VC better. I'll emulate anything I can before I'll gamble on a lousy reseller.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

924. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

sykotek wrote:

I know most of you guys prefer retro gaming on the original consoles but stories just like this one are the reason I like the VC better. I'll emulate anything I can before I'll gamble on a lousy reseller.

People are practically giving Xbox games away though so you shouldn't run into to many problems.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

925. Posted:

Luckily I'm over paranoid so nothing like the above stories has happened to me.
Also not a purchase but I finally tried that in the zone '98 game I found for the 64 and it was actually pretty fun. I didn't notice it was from Konami either. Still prefer NBA Jam. Next on my retro wish list is Super Metroid or Super bomberman.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

926. Posted:

About the only thing that happened to me scam wise concerning a video game was years ago before there were Gamestops in my area there was a place that would buy sell and trade NES games. Well anyway I found a copy of TMNT II on NES and I have been wanting that game for years so you can imagine how excited I was to find it. To make a long story short I ran home and popped the game into my NES only to see the title screen to Super Mario Bros appear. Needless to say I took that game back and got my money back.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Linky_97

927. Posted:

Wario Ware.: Mega Party Game$ and Doshin the Giant for GCN and F-Zero Maximum vilocity, Spider-man 2 for the GBA and Donkey Kong Country for GBC and Donkey Kong Land for GB. i liked them all. I need too find Zelda WW limited edition!!! I live in EU where is the best place too look for it?

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

AuthorMessage

Ryno

928. Posted:

When it came to the NES was anyone better than Capcom? Seriously, they might even top Nintendo. Collecting all these classic NES games has made really realize the powerhouse that was Capcom. I just received Gargoyle's Quest II today whihc I have been waiting a long time to find it with the box for price that was not out of the Ghoul Realm! Now I just need Gargoyles Quest for GameBoy and my Firebrand trilogy will be complete! B-)

Untitled

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

sykotek

929. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

When it came to the NES was anyone better than Capcom?

Better than Capcom!? ...on the NES!? No one...except the tag team duo of Walt Disney Company & Capcom LTD!

That's right... Duck Tales yo.

Edit:
Hmm...I dunno if this really belongs here in this thread though...I didn't just buy this.

Edited on by sykotek

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

930. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

Ryno wrote:

When it came to the NES was anyone better than Capcom?

Better than Capcom!? ...on the NES!? No one...except the tag team duo of Walt Disney Company & Capcom LTD!

That's right... Duck Tales yo.

Edit:
Hmm...I dunno if this really belongs here in this thread though...I didn't just buy this.

Sure, it belongs. Why not, great game and every NES fan should have it. Besides not to many retro purchases these days so something is better than nothing.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

931. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I received this one today for a price that was absolutely a dream come true! :D Box is pretty newish like and manual is perfect. I know this was on Wave's hit list so I knew I had to enter SlumberLand with plenty of candy of course and snatch this one up quick. :p

Untitled

Kid Icarus-Curse you again Ryno, for making me radically Jango Fetty'-jelous based on another most righteous and superbo' Retro buy! :p You know this is one of my favorite NES picks of the kitty cat litter BoxOrama, and i hold it as one of my strongest Nes memories back in Fluorescent early 90's Mullet boppin' FunkO land. B-) Plus I've always loved the BoxArt as well....It instantly captures your interest especially at a young age since it relates to your wildess and most adventurous youngster filled dreams. Anything dream-related i usually gush over, and The Dream master was no Egon Spengler-exception. :D :p

Like Double D, i could never beat this frustrating little difficult Burger King grimmis nugget growing up no matter how much time I threw into it! I think i remember making it up to some toy Land-ish level with trains that kept
zipping around while an onslaught of little flying goober headed stinger dudes kept weezin on my Little Nemo grindage.

Like I mentioned before, Double D destroyed me growing up, but i had my revenge on it last Christmas and beating that little beastie was such an awesome nostalgic-like achievement. Anyways, i definitly plan on picking up a CIB copy of The Dream Master no doubty'! Better yet, i really want to see the cartoon film the Nes Nemo was based on called Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland which was released back in 89'. ;)

Untitled

Here's the full movie, but there's no way I'd watch this on YouTube. I need to get a copy on DVD Proto man- Pronto and watch it on the big screen! B-)
Also, awesome to see that you got a near mint condition copy of Super Castlevania IV. B-) Your favortie game of all time desserves no better muhahaha. :D Just remember to keep it safe like I do with Super Mario Bros 2 under a mega mountain of Pop tarts and TMNT toys, with the Technodrome on guard! AS for Gargoyles Quest II....Well, I realllly need to get on the GB original. Once i send my 3DS to Nintendo where the Koopa Kids will magically tinker with and fix my Nintendo 3DS I'll beable to get my Gorgoyle mega mits on this little gem of a Capcom Goulish classic.

That aside, a little over a week and this WaveDudie will once again(which seems like a galactic skittle Pop Tart Eternity)get his little Retro buying rampage on. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

932. Posted:

@Sykotek and RynoWizard

Sucks to hear about your bogus eBay purchases that didn't turn out as you expected. :p
I've had this happen to me once back in my earlier eBay days. i ended up buying a used White DS Lite on eBay seeing as how they didn't sell them brand new anymore in stores. The sellar said it was near mint and going by the two photo's it looked pretty good....So i finally got it in the Malibu-mail. To my suprise the screens were clouded and scratched, the L and R buttens were pure pee pee-yellow and the entire system felt weird....The top shell wasn't right and looked dull & fake, and the entire unit felt heavier than it should have and a bit akward as if it were taken apart and refurbished with a few new parts.

I was pretty pissed off since it cost me over $90. So while i was cruising the DS's menu options, i went into Picto Chat and it said, "B**ch"

lol ya, i totaly got screwed over. I complained to the seller but since i was a bit of an eBay newbie at the time i messed up the mutal cash back agreement, sent him back the DS Lite and never got my money back as insane as it sounds. I filed a dispute but it was little too late.

But, i finally got my other White DS lite back from one of my x-friends a few months or so ago so I'm good....$90 short, but good. :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

bub166

933. Posted:

Depending on your definition of retro, I just got Metroid Prime and Timesplitters 2 today. Haven't played them yet, but I bought each for about 3 bucks, and was delighted to see that both came with not only the original box and manual, but ALL of the promotional things as well. For instance, the "confidential" ad for Metroid Prime 2. The only problem is there was a very light scratch on the front of TS2's case, and of course I don't get to tear off the shrink wrap... I always loved to do that.

But great purchases, I can already tell. Not to mention I got LotR: Fellowship of the Ring today as well. I've seen half of Two Towers, but otherwise, this is my first LotR movie. I can't wait, I've always wanted to see these.

On a side note, I'm waiting on my Elite pins and I just got my NES controller-style wallet from GameStop Power-Up Rewards. Next up, the Black Knight Bridge Security shirt. xD

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

934. Posted:

It will be Ikari Warriors & Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road arcade versions on PlayStation Store, if I ever stop getting friggin error messages when I try to make the purchase!

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

935. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Sykotek and RynoWizard

Sucks to hear about your bogus eBay purchases that didn't turn out as you expected. :p
I've had this happen to me once back in my earlier eBay days. i ended up buying a used White DS Lite on eBay seeing as how they didn't sell them brand new anymore in stores. The sellar said it was near mint and going by the two photo's it looked pretty good....So i finally got it in the Malibu-mail. To my suprise the screens were clouded and scratched, the L and R buttens were pure pee pee-yellow and the entire system felt weird....The top shell wasn't right and looked dull & fake, and the entire unit felt heavier than it should have and a bit akward as if it were taken apart and refurbished with a few new parts.

I was pretty pissed off since it cost me over $90. So while i was cruising the DS's menu options, i went into Picto Chat and it said, "B**ch"

lol ya, i totaly got screwed over. I complained to the seller but since i was a bit of an eBay newbie at the time i messed up the mutal cash back agreement, sent him back the DS Lite and never got my money back as insane as it sounds. I filed a dispute but it was little too late.

But, i finally got my other White DS lite back from one of my x-friends a few months or so ago so I'm good....$90 short, but good. :p

dang

Edited on by theblackdragon

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

936. Posted:

Finally! I just blasted back from the past in my Retro 80's TMNT turtle pie Time machine and picked up some tiny little radical retro treasurey' goomba goodies along the way. B-) It's only been centuries since i Shredder-snaged a Retro game, and the last title was Back to the Future for the NES which everybody clearly holds in high regard. :p What can I say, I've been semi stuck in 3DS VC land as of late....Plus, the fact that my Credit Card limmit Sky rocketed to the Muppet moon a couple days ago was basically the large chunk of inspiration hehe. Might as well splurge, after all it's Christmas and I'm going all out on myself ho! ho! ho! B-)

Untitled
Oh Kickle, you're so Cubicle! :p Loved this little Christmasy' golden gem growing up. I think half of the experience when playing it now will most likely feel fuzzy-fresh since i never made it past half way through the game as a youngster. It seems like Kickle C went under the radar, yet it's definitly worth checking out. I'm just glad i scored it CIB. Ryno's right, getting the NES carts by themselves just feels lacking and obviously incomplete....Besides having that flashy 80's/early 90's BoxArt is a must. For now on it's CIB only for me. :)

Untitled
WoaAaAaAa!!!!, it's Wacky Action ROCK 'N ROLL Michaelangelo in the funky flesh. I would of prefered to get the original Mikey' CIB but he was going for 3 times as much. :p But this is still awesome nonetheless, yet too bad i couldn't find Sewer Swimmin' Donatello CIB...That was the ultimate bath tub TMNT toy to play with as a kid haha.

Untitled
Kid Niki: Radical Ninja is SO radical, that if talked about, everyone on the planet would transform into fire breathing Samurai Hot dog ninja's, and we can't have that. Or can we? :p Really though, I LOVE Kid Niki's Flashy 80's BoxArt, it's so eye catching and shnazzy...Yet underneith that killer cheesy box art which is so utterly deceiving lies a bucket full of Ninja mediocrity.lol This buy is purely on nostlagia, but it's still kind of fun regardless in all of it's crazy simplicity. Plus the first Boss used to give me the willies! I never saw anything like it during the time back on the NES.

Untitled
I've only played the first Zero of the 4 and i was mighty impressed with this one. Easily the most polished, kinetic and tightest controlling Mega Man yet and boasts some of the best Boss fights in the series. Too bad the level/boss selection was limmited to a pop up box with text which was pretty lame, but that's really my only quirk with the overall mega-package. And I know I know, it's not CIB, but Retro Portable CIB games don't exactly matter to me too much. Besides they're a bit too pricey for the most part and I'd rather put the cash towards an NES CIB title. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

937. Posted:

Vernon WaveBoy Fenwick:
I never played the Nemster back when I was a kid so it will be a totally new experience for me. It looks awesome though and have heard nothing but great things! I will most certainly have to play it while chowing down on my favorite candy as a kid like the baseball size jawbreakers, Pop Rocks, Nerds, and Pixie Sticks, and then wash it down with a Pepsi Free and New Coke. :D Watching that movie is also a must. Did you get your 3DS back yet? You need to get on Gargoyle’s Quest like Santa gets down on a fresh plate of cookies.

That sucks about your White DS purchase but I guess that is the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man size risk us picky collectors take while on our Master Quest to find that special something in particular. Luckily it is more of an Excellent Adventure type rarity than the norm.

Glad to see you finally washed the Slimer ecto green goo off and purchased some retro stocking stuffers! ;) Kickle Cubicle was another one I missed out on even though I still heard about it. Down the line that shall be added to the collection I am sure. Plus, it is made by IREM so it must be good. I had IREM’s Metal Storm when I was a youngster and shizang, I wish I kept that one! It goes for some serious Ruppee’s. Anyway, April O'Neil is oh so proud of you for going CIB. She likes it when you opt for Complete in the Box especially when you combine it with some wacky action. :o I so remember that CIB wacky action Rock N Roll Michaelangelo. Haha… The tongue sticking out is just hilarious! In my opinion TMNT will always be the really radical ninjas but I wouldn’t know how Kid Niki compares. An 80’s hot pink box is a good start though. How many of Nesters NES games did you play back in the day anyway? I didn’t play nearly enough and though still played many I realize I missed out on so much. Oh well, little Ryno was limited in his overall access to the amazingly extensive NES video game library. Nice purchases though, glad that the cowabunga WaveDude never disappoints! :D

Oh yeah, I never played Mega Man Zero games either. I am only on my third actual GBA game which is Castlevania: Circle of the Moon so I have a ginormous selection of lunchtime portable game titles ahead of me! B-)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

938. Posted:

@Ryno - Blame this guy. The price jumped $50 in a year thanks to him and his video. I knew I shoulda grabbed it when it was only $8.:(

Anyways, I got Iridion II and King of Fighters '99. In Iridion's case, once again Shin'en proves themselves to be a highly competant developer. I played through 3 levels already, and they were quite fun, yet not challenging enough to make me intimidated. That's exactly how I like my shooters. Still have to play KOF '99, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

939. Posted:

Just ordered a cart for $20. I knew I should've grabbed it when it was $5.
But I've seen NES games get stupidly expensive.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Hokori

940. Posted:

Mario Kart 7 :P

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }