Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 921 to 940 of 4,850

KarrotMan

Who's the happiest gamer this day? I am, thats who!
Untitled
The NEO GEO POCKET COLOR is mine, its finally in my possession.... at long last I can rest easy A really great handheld, it featured alot of great fighting titles as well as other great classic iterations such as Metal Slug and Sonic. The Screen is not backlit, but considering that it was still the 90's and many of its competitors(Gameboy included) Lacked one, it's perfectly fine with me. It could be worse though, it could eat up batteries like the Lynx and Gamegear or its screen would be as dark as the Game.com's. Thankfully, the screen is 10x better than the GBA phat and the battery life equates around 20 hours max. Now thats one heck of a handheld. Too bad it was Way underrated... it could have delivered more

Untitled
Anyway, for the games my system came with the ever popular Gals Fighters, a Fighting game Off Course! that includes an all female roster of fighters duking it out in one of the system's best. One of the best Catfights I've ever played Just as good as DoA.

Next up, I've got Megaman Power Battles and Fighters a portable collection of the two Megaman Arcade games. My personal favorite of the bunch since it is basically a Boss Rush mode where you battle the Robot masters from MM1-7. Megaman enthusiasts, this is the essential Portable game.

Last(and least) is a Pachislot game, where I have yet to figure out what I am doing since everything is japanese. Thankfully, it came free with the system, becuase I would regret it if I do. I just need to learn Kanji maybe?

I love everything about the NGPC, it is the equivalent of the girl you always ignored in the past, but you later on grow closer to her as you get to know her better, plus she's easy to handle. Its that awesome, I'd say nab one if you get the chance, especially if you're into fighters because the system is loaded with them.

Also, The analog nub has yet to be matched by any portable
Untitled
Oh Baby... Where have you been all my life?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Ryno

NintendoMike wrote:

Ahem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260930109068?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT...

By the way, I saw someone mention Castlevania: Dracula X going for $400 or something. I own a mint/near mint complete copy (North American version). Does that mean I get $400? [Edit: Actually, I just checked the box, and it has some wear on the right edge. So it's not mint. I guess it's very good/good. Manual and cart are near mint though!]

That was me saying that I saw a near mint truly complete copy of Dracula X with all the inserts; the Konami registration card, and Konami "last chance" poster and all go for nearly $330! If it's complete with everything and mint then yeah you can get over $300.
Oh, and nice buy on Belmont's Revenge. A Castlevania fan such as myself needs to pick that up someday!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mk_II

the PAL version (Vampire's Kiss)?

Yes, thats a lot rarer than the American version. i picked one up on a fleamarket last year for only 1 euro. one problem though... the label is really terribly damaged. Just my luck, to find something very rare but very damaged.

My latest retro purchases: Pit Fighter (SNES) and Konami Hyper Soccer (NES).

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ryno

@oldgamesonly: Thanks but I don't know if I will ever get it, maybe after I have all the released NES and SNES games I want! Haha...

@WaveBoy: Here is an interesting story behind California Raisins. I know it was going to be a legit game released by Capcom because it is "coming soon"_on the posters pf my _super complete copies of Mega Man 3 & 4!

I have a Samsung PN59D550C1F. I tried checking out that site that you posted somewhere on here but Ididn't see my TV. It only went up to 55" at least for what I saw. I will definitely try that technique out though, thanks!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Gamesake

My latest retro purchase didn't end well. Big surprise.

...in my pants.

KingMike

WaveBoy wrote:

California raisens does 'not' look like it was designed by Capcom or any grade A developer.

From what I understand, it wasn't.
I hear it was made by one guy in his apartment. How he could get such a major publisher like Capcom to consider his game, I don't know.

Ordered a few Japanese games, Super Famicom RPGs The Last Battle and Sword World. Also two Game Boy carts, Moguraanya (Mole Mania) and Cosmo Tank. Haven't really played the latter before so I don't know if it was a smart idea to buy the Japanese version or not. But it was a dollar.

KingMike

ogo79

people really need to get hip to King Of Demons/Majyuuou for super famicom/snes. you can rather buy the real sfc version or get a repro of this game from two different places online. after i beat the repro i went ahead and bought the sfc version, its not cheap (reaching Earthbound prices for cart only and CIB) but if you get the reproduction of this game you guys would be more than happy, its a fantastic game...someone here must play this game!
if you like the Ghouls n Ghosts series, Castlevania and the likes you will like this the same. snes didnt have a lot of dark genre games, the words "f*** y**" are smeared in blood on a train in one of the levels

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Mk_II

latest fleamarket retro finds:
Gamegear Mortal Kombat, Factory Panic, Donald Duck - The Lucky Dime Caper, Mickey's Ultimate Challenge, Surf Ninjas, Alien 3, NHL All Star Hockey and 4 plastic cases Nintendo 64 Bomberman Hero, ISS 64, Extreme-G, Pokemon Stadium, Waverace 64 Gamecube Fire Emblem - Path Of Radiance (CIB)

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

MrArcade

Technically not MY purchase. But a working N64 should be at my house by the end of the month. It comes with a few good games including Mario Kart. It also comes with two controllers and a carry case. Well it looks like my Gamecube will be having a long rest in the loft. I am also trying to find a copy of Super Mario 64 for a reasonable price and I have found a few that look like they wont empty my wallet.

MrArcade

ogo79

another Double Dragon 2 poster, more power to the man cave!
me and my girlfriend have been hitting thrift stores and such but nothing so far has got my attention, all i see is a bunch of dry sports games, yuck.
everything else i have or dont want. crosses fingers for a second copy of Little Samson for 23 cents at Goodwill lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

My local Goodwill is almost devoid of cartridge games. Literally only a handful of carts and it's games like Jaws for NES and F-1 Race for Game Boy.

However, I shall soon infest my Game Boy and/or GBA with Roaches that must be Stopped.
(I don't know how many are going to recognize it. hope this puzzle game's easy enough to understand, given how obscure the game is, I can't imagine finding the box or instructions to be easy)

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
you know, lately all thats been out there at thrift stores is a bunch of sports games, my friend out of town says all he sees is sports games as well. the secrets definitely out, and more and more people are becoming aware of these things. i ask all the stores i go to how long the cart games last, they all tell me the same thing. "they go fast" so who is buying them around my area is what i would like to know. i dont have much left to get but it would be nice to find an expensive game without having to pay the heavy price for once. but im not one to check every thrift store in town every weekend, while doing all that looking around in thrift stores and not finding anything the prices are steady going up elsewhere. i know this, so i just pay what people are asking, get it out of the way and if i run by a game im looking for at some random thrift store then cool. we have a pretty good retro store here and its huge, but somethings wrong when you have all the games they dont

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm sure the screen size doesn't matter, as long as it's the same model. I find the best way to test for input lag game-wise is with sidescrollers. Mega Man 9 on the PS3 would probably be one of the best ways to tell. If you compared it through HDMI1 + PC Mode vs the standard setting you have on. It's basically 16ms vs 31' ms. You should easily beable to tell a difference with the button response if this trick works out with the PS3.

And man, i wish Input lag never existed. Looks like we'll still have to put up with a tator tot-tiny amount for the Wii U even with these 2012 HDTV's which will be released in March and throught the year. 16ms is what you want since that seems to be the lowest period. I'm sure tons of techno dweebs in the AVS forums will start doing their proffesional input lag testing before HDTVTest.com releases their reviews which contain testing and blah blah.

And man, i wish we would of gotten a good Cali' Raisens game. Like KIngMike said it was designed by some dude in his appartment....and it shows. LJN even pumps out vastly superior stuff to this. The best thing about this little unreleased smelly radioactive raisen iis the Shnazzy purpletastic BoxArt!

So I busted out Mega Man Anniversary Collection for PS2 and was playing it on my PS3 and tried it out on both inputs. I don't know if it was mental or not but it did seem to have a fraction less input lag. I will be for sure using that input for my PS3 until my shnazzilicious super slick Wii U is hooked up to it! I must say this, even though I am retro snob with preferring to play the classics on their original console, Mega Man looked fantastic and gorgeous through the PS3 on the Plasma!

California Rasin's was programmed by Radiance Software famous for memorable NES titles Great Waldo Search and Rollerblade Racer. So basically it was like it was desgined by some 30 year recluse living in their mom's basement surving on Crystal Pepsi and Domino's supreme pizza.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

RetroRich

NEO GEO AES Console, boxed and complete with 2 additional joysticks (boxed) 2 memory cards (boxed) and 14 games all complete with instuctions.

£420, which is an absoulte bargain.

RetroRich

KingMike

A good condition Lolo 3 cart with dust cover and the cover of the manual.
$30 locally, a bit higher than ebay but not too bad.
I'm just guessing if it hasn't been released on VC in the last four years (when Lolo 2 was), it's not likely coming (for whatever bizarre reason).

KingMike

ogo79

just ordered these:
UntitledUntitled
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Squashie

I'm considering buying, SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for Xbox 360...

Squashie, Video Games Journalist,
Nintendo Feed - Everything Nintendo, all in one place...

3DS Friend Code: 0345-0525-1420 | Nintendo Network ID: Squashie | Twitter:

ogo79

just got this...
Ninja Assassin toys...very rare and a big part of my childhood
i had this guy all decked out with all his "friends"...ive lost him and decided to gain him back
if anyone has any of these figures and is willing to let them go let me know.
Untitled
Untitled
they have hoods that flip over the eyes.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

CerealKiller528

1080 Snowboarding for $10............................................5 months ago

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic