Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 841 to 860 of 4,850

Linky_97

Wario Ware.: Mega Party Game$ and Doshin the Giant for GCN and F-Zero Maximum vilocity, Spider-man 2 for the GBA and Donkey Kong Country for GBC and Donkey Kong Land for GB. i liked them all. I need too find Zelda WW limited edition!!! I live in EU where is the best place too look for it?

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

Ryno

When it came to the NES was anyone better than Capcom? Seriously, they might even top Nintendo. Collecting all these classic NES games has made really realize the powerhouse that was Capcom. I just received Gargoyle's Quest II today whihc I have been waiting a long time to find it with the box for price that was not out of the Ghoul Realm! Now I just need Gargoyles Quest for GameBoy and my Firebrand trilogy will be complete!

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

sykotek

Ryno wrote:

When it came to the NES was anyone better than Capcom?

Better than Capcom!? ...on the NES!? No one...except the tag team duo of Walt Disney Company & Capcom LTD!

That's right... Duck Tales yo.
[youtube:5nr6O4eWuiQ]

Edit:
Hmm...I dunno if this really belongs here in this thread though...I didn't just buy this.

Edited on by sykotek

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Ryno

sykotek wrote:

Ryno wrote:

When it came to the NES was anyone better than Capcom?

Better than Capcom!? ...on the NES!? No one...except the tag team duo of Walt Disney Company & Capcom LTD!

That's right... Duck Tales yo.
[youtube:5nr6O4eWuiQ]

Edit:
Hmm...I dunno if this really belongs here in this thread though...I didn't just buy this.

Sure, it belongs. Why not, great game and every NES fan should have it. Besides not to many retro purchases these days so something is better than nothing.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

bub166

Depending on your definition of retro, I just got Metroid Prime and Timesplitters 2 today. Haven't played them yet, but I bought each for about 3 bucks, and was delighted to see that both came with not only the original box and manual, but ALL of the promotional things as well. For instance, the "confidential" ad for Metroid Prime 2. The only problem is there was a very light scratch on the front of TS2's case, and of course I don't get to tear off the shrink wrap... I always loved to do that.

But great purchases, I can already tell. Not to mention I got LotR: Fellowship of the Ring today as well. I've seen half of Two Towers, but otherwise, this is my first LotR movie. I can't wait, I've always wanted to see these.

On a side note, I'm waiting on my Elite pins and I just got my NES controller-style wallet from GameStop Power-Up Rewards. Next up, the Black Knight Bridge Security shirt. xD

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

EvilRegal

It will be Ikari Warriors & Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road arcade versions on PlayStation Store, if I ever stop getting friggin error messages when I try to make the purchase!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

@Sykotek and RynoWizard

Sucks to hear about your bogus eBay purchases that didn't turn out as you expected.
I've had this happen to me once back in my earlier eBay days. i ended up buying a used White DS Lite on eBay seeing as how they didn't sell them brand new anymore in stores. The sellar said it was near mint and going by the two photo's it looked pretty good....So i finally got it in the Malibu-mail. To my suprise the screens were clouded and scratched, the L and R buttens were pure pee pee-yellow and the entire system felt weird....The top shell wasn't right and looked dull & fake, and the entire unit felt heavier than it should have and a bit akward as if it were taken apart and refurbished with a few new parts.

I was pretty pissed off since it cost me over $90. So while i was cruising the DS's menu options, i went into Picto Chat and it said, "B**ch"

lol ya, i totaly got screwed over. I complained to the seller but since i was a bit of an eBay newbie at the time i messed up the mutal cash back agreement, sent him back the DS Lite and never got my money back as insane as it sounds. I filed a dispute but it was little too late.

But, i finally got my other White DS lite back from one of my x-friends a few months or so ago so I'm good....$90 short, but good.

dang

Edited on by theblackdragon

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

Vernon WaveBoy Fenwick:
I never played the Nemster back when I was a kid so it will be a totally new experience for me. It looks awesome though and have heard nothing but great things! I will most certainly have to play it while chowing down on my favorite candy as a kid like the baseball size jawbreakers, Pop Rocks, Nerds, and Pixie Sticks, and then wash it down with a Pepsi Free and New Coke. Watching that movie is also a must. Did you get your 3DS back yet? You need to get on Gargoyle’s Quest like Santa gets down on a fresh plate of cookies.

That sucks about your White DS purchase but I guess that is the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man size risk us picky collectors take while on our Master Quest to find that special something in particular. Luckily it is more of an Excellent Adventure type rarity than the norm.

Glad to see you finally washed the Slimer ecto green goo off and purchased some retro stocking stuffers! Kickle Cubicle was another one I missed out on even though I still heard about it. Down the line that shall be added to the collection I am sure. Plus, it is made by IREM so it must be good. I had IREM’s Metal Storm when I was a youngster and shizang, I wish I kept that one! It goes for some serious Ruppee’s. Anyway, April O'Neil is oh so proud of you for going CIB. She likes it when you opt for Complete in the Box especially when you combine it with some wacky action. I so remember that CIB wacky action Rock N Roll Michaelangelo. Haha… The tongue sticking out is just hilarious! In my opinion TMNT will always be the really radical ninjas but I wouldn’t know how Kid Niki compares. An 80’s hot pink box is a good start though. How many of Nesters NES games did you play back in the day anyway? I didn’t play nearly enough and though still played many I realize I missed out on so much. Oh well, little Ryno was limited in his overall access to the amazingly extensive NES video game library. Nice purchases though, glad that the cowabunga WaveDude never disappoints!

Oh yeah, I never played Mega Man Zero games either. I am only on my third actual GBA game which is Castlevania: Circle of the Moon so I have a ginormous selection of lunchtime portable game titles ahead of me!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

@Ryno - Blame this guy. The price jumped $50 in a year thanks to him and his video. I knew I shoulda grabbed it when it was only $8.

Anyways, I got Iridion II and King of Fighters '99. In Iridion's case, once again Shin'en proves themselves to be a highly competant developer. I played through 3 levels already, and they were quite fun, yet not challenging enough to make me intimidated. That's exactly how I like my shooters. Still have to play KOF '99, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

Just ordered a cart for $20. I knew I should've grabbed it when it was $5.
But I've seen NES games get stupidly expensive.

KingMike

Hokori

Mario Kart 7

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

EvilRegal

Ikari Warriors (arcade), Athena (arcade), Darkstalkers (PSOne Classic), and Medal of Honor Frontline HD. All on PlayStation Store. I already own Darkstalkers, but the disk got scratched somehow and wasn't playing right.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

bub166

Darkrai wrote:

Mario Kart 7

I remember that game from way back when. Revolutionary for its time.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

Ryno

@Mickeymac: Watching him play MetalStorm just made me want to get the game that much more and not to mention depressed. Why, oh why did that guy have to make that video??? Dracula's Curse him! It could have just been another obscure cheap NES game. Oh well, just have to keep an eye out for it.

Since you are a shooter guy, what are your top 3 favorite shooters?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

Since you are a shooter guy, what are your top 3 favorite shooters?

That's easy: Raiden Fighters, Star Parodier, and Nanostray. Raiden Fighters because it's intense and veried, but not overwhelming (plus it has a great multiplayer mode), Star Parodier because of its perfect difficulty curve (starts out easy then gets really hard by the end), and Nanostray because of nostalgia (it was my first shmup, but also a very well-built game). I'm also partial to gradius, Galaga, Gley Lancer, and all the shmups by Treasure.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

zezzy wrote:

Untitled
yes I consider anything older than the current gen retro. It's easier on my brain

But isnt PS2 considered current gen since you can still buy one new?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

Whoa, mega cool! I just received my super out of this Siberian Citadel world complete copy of Mega Man 4 today! It has the registration card and of course the Capcom Craze Club poster. I love the Capcom Craze Club but I get the feeling the rest of you are not as crazy about it as I am. Oh well, more awsomness for me. But yeah, Mega Man games on the NES with a NES controller, does it get much better?

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

I get the feeling the rest of you are not as crazy about it as I am.

i have the same respect for Capcom too

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic