Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 841 to 860 of 3,393

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

841. Posted:

^ Actually I'm not sure. I'm assuming so since it's it's main feature now. I can imagine this having just 2 Player multiplayer.
Apologies if I'm wrong though.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

842. Posted:

Nope, from what I read the original Bomberman is not the nuclear multiplayer good time that most go all fallout for. I think this more along the lines of other NES puzzlers like Soloman's Key and Lolo.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

843. Posted:

Nope. The original Bomberman did not. I think the first multiplayer Bomberman was the TG16 Bomberman (which is not the same game, despite the same title). Bomberman II for the NES made the odd decision to support 3 players and not 4. (though Bomberman II is kind of expensive to get on NES, cheaper on Famicom)
Even stranger, Bomberman Party Edition for the PS1 mixes a port of the NES game (except it has vibration, memory card save and, optionally, updated graphics) and a multiplayer game on par with the later Super Bomberman multiplayer modes.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

NXP

844. Posted:

^ I own Bomberman II, but not the original Bomberman.

It has been a week since I picked up Clash at Demonhead for my original NES, which was my latest purchase as of yet.

Flaming Controller- Great game reviews, awesome people, check us out!

AuthorMessage

Xkhaoz

845. Posted:

My Goldeneye 007 cart came from eBay yesterday, the same day I bought Viewtiful Joe ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage

WildMan

846. Posted:

Well, this isn't a purchase since I got it for free, but today I got South Park for the N64..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

ogo79

847. Posted:

i decided to get a real copy of King Of Demons aka Majyuuou for the Super Famicom. i have the repro cart, but ive always wanted a real copy in Japanese because its one of my favorite games and everybody is missin out on it for real...
it also seems that a repro is even more rare than the original cart, go figure. im glad ive got both now.
i also obtained a free ps2 from a friend at work, i bought a lens cleaner for it cuz it was dusty!

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

848. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

had to get me a Untitled for Splatterhouse 3 i cant beat the last level for nothing! i get to the end and i fail...its lame i know, but im going to have to resort to cheating to beat this game in order to move on to my next game

All I got to say is WTF man? :p Its that hard?

@Retro: Suprised you have not got SMB 2 or 3 yet!

im having difficuly at the last part...SH games were always a b***h at the ending, lol
hey Corbie, i bet you know about Majyuuou?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Terave

849. Posted:

My last purchase would be Chibi-Robo! :)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Ryno

850. Posted:

5 days and nobody has bought anything retrotastic??? Sheesh! You people and your silly 3DS's... either that or everyone must be on a happy Halloween hangover. ;) Waveboy, oldgamesonly, Retro_on_theGo, Tasuki, stop being such Scrooge McDucks and spend some of your ladies hard earned cash. :P Hopefully you guys know I am just messin'.

So I just got this. Its boxless so I will have to work on that but it comes with a manual and the price was to good to pass up on (CIB is $70+) for this highly desired and rare game. I have never played this but the "Soul Blazer trilogy" gets such great reviews so looking forward to it!

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

851. Posted:

@Ryno: Sorry but right now I am saving up for Christmas plus I am fighting Microsoft for an $80 charge that was done to my card when my XBL account was hacked. So ummm yeah no extra money for me to spend on anything right now. :(

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

852. Posted:

@Ryno. lol I'm semi-broke at the momento sadly. I think the last Retro Purchase i nabbed was Back to the Future for the NES and that was quite a while ago. Then again, i just got a Purple Gamecube last week, but that's nowhere NEAR Retro :p I need to get on the retro Pee Wee train and splurge a bit more. B-)

I just hate buying things when i haven't completed or played games in my collection. I've got 4 left on the Wii to play and that's that! :) Plus a couple on the NES, but those don't count because they're just too damn awesome and I'm saving them for a special time. Take TMNT III: The Manhatten Project for example. :p

Once my next pay check rolls out Optamus Prime style in a couple weeks I'll be ordering Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby: Return to Dreamland, and maybe StarFox 3DS AND most importantly a few Retro goodies for my NES, hopefully a Genesis too!. B-)

And you know i almost feel like my modern gaming days are mildy whaning, at least when it comes to the PS3 and XBOX.....I can't for the life of me enjoy anything on my PS3 for the most part. HD next gen graphics do nothing for me when the controls(dual analog) are so boring, clunky, archiac and dated especially when stacked up to the Wii remote. God of War has been a God of bore, Castlevania Lord of Shadows makes me realise how much more amazing 2D traditional Castlevania games are and blah blah. I think in this day and age, if 3D polygonal games don't have some sort of implemented pointer or motion controls in them they're flat out unengaging and boring for the most part. Not talking 3D sidescrollers of course, just open world 3D titles.

What can I say i just love the Retro stuff and i absolutely love my little magical wonderful & Whimsical Wii. As for the 3DS, I really dig it, but i'm still 'heat man' fuming about my broken headphone jack which i still have to send out to be fixed. :p To be fair though, I've been using my 3DS mainly for the Gameboy VC. Monkey Ball would of been horrible without the 3D effect, and I would of had no desire to play PilotWings Resort again if it weren't for the radically blazing 3D effect either. It's a total game changer and completely amps up the experience. B-) Just imagine how amazing it will be when the Wii U hits, 3D on the big screen will be amazing...Hopefully we'll get 1080p for each eye instead of it being split, because when it's split the image doesn't exactly look as hot, but the 3D effect is still jaw dropping nonetheless. :D

I'll be pre-ordering Super Mario 3D Land in a few days, I can't WAIT for that one since it looks be the first full ealised Retro 3D mario to date :D

In the mean time, Baxter Stockman is being a bit of a hot headed dink, so i need help working on my radically Retro-Awesome Turtle Pie drenched 80's time machine. I've currently created a tiny sparkly loop hole portle into 1986 and this was the first thing i snapped on Camera. :o B-)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

853. Posted:

More stuff many of you have probably never heard of. All cart-only.
A Super Famicom Pac-Man-type action game called Gangan Ganchan. Weird and I hear gets insanely difficult. The review I read said it was rare so I bought quickly, but checking amazon Japan, maybe it's not that rare or expensive.
A Super Famicom platform/brawler called Battle Zeque Den. It was another game I bought when I saw it cheap right after watching some youtube footage.
And on Famicom: Antarctic Adventure. At first I wondered why anyone would want a game that's only got like five minutes of content, but then I realize that's just because it's from the days when you didn't play games to finish them, but to get a high score. So as one of those score-challenge games, it's not so bad. And also the cover art is awesomely bad.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/578232-antarctic-adventure/images...
And while I bought Power Blade for the NES awhile ago, I also picked up Power Blazer. I hear essentially Blazer was such a crappy game that Taito reused and improved the game engine to create Power Blade. Thinking I should play the bad one first?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

854. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

5 days and nobody has bought anything retrotastic??? Sheesh! You people and your silly 3DS's... either that or everyone must be on a happy Halloween hangover. ;) Waveboy, oldgamesonly, Retro_on_theGo, Tasuki, stop being such Scrooge McDucks and spend some of your ladies hard earned cash. :P Hopefully you guys know I am just messin'.

dude, the last game i bought last week was over 100 bucks lol. thank goodness i will be done collecting in a couple months. its been a long road and when im done, ive still got to keep a stash of cash incase a retro system breaks down on me. oh trust me my lady knows when its gift time...she knows its game related lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

855. Posted:

@Ryno
Hah, you hit the nail right on the head. With Super Mario 3D Land only a few days away I'm going to preorder it and get it day one. So my last $20 go towards that. Then Mario Kart 7 which I'm so excited for. Then finally maybe Sonic generations ( for xbox though) if I can find it real cheap on black Friday. Actually there's probably some small 3DS titles I may also pick up for cheap that day. So I don't have much money left for retro stuff lol.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

856. Posted:

@Tasuki: I hear you about having to save for Christmas. That sucks about your acocunt having been hacked into. Hopefully thatt gets resolved.

@Waveboy: It seems like the that last time you bought your retro Back to the Future, the movie was still in the theatres! ;) But you bought a Gamecube huh? Never had one of those and I totally missed out everything the purple box was about. I was in my beyond Nintendo phase during that time thinking I was cool like the ice cream man.

I don't like buying new/current games without really playing or completing them but retro titles on the other Michael Jackson white gloved hand are a whole different mutant animal. I just like collecting them so yeah I have tons that I need to complete but I will will be playing NES and SNES 'till my hands get a severe case of gaming ending arthrits.

Interesting how you said “almost feel like my modern gaming days are mildy whaning.” I am feeling this way too. I have bought maybe three modern games this year and that includes Metroid Prime Trilogy which is not even an original title and not released this year. My PS3 sits more so for the purpose of a Blu-ray player than anything. Whereas, I couldn’t even tell you how many retro titles I have picked up this year. Modern games are like strippers; sure they look good and its fun for awhile and if you want to get more out of it you got to keep on paying money but in the end you are left feeling flat. Retro games are more like the girl next door; they may not be the hottest thing out there but they look good in their own way and you will always be looking forward to your next encounter. How about that analogy, yikes. :0 I haven’t sworn off modern titles though as I am like 90% sure I will get a a Wii U though and will probably get Skyward Sword. I don’t know if I will get the new Kirby, I have never really got into that series. Main reason I would get it is to play along with my wife. Super Mario 3D Land does look cool, be interested to know if it lives up to the expectations of the mighty Canadian 80’s wave child!

@oldgamesonly: When you get your collection complete, I want to see pictures man! :D Almost done collecting, how many games do you have?

@retro_on_theGo: Yeah, sounds like you have quite a line up to and probably not much Fred Flintsones clams left over for for a retro Thanksgiving.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

857. Posted:

I have been going a Super Nintendo Super Shopping Spree! :D

Untitled
I just recently got this lot that included absolutely complete copies with inserts/posters and all of UN Squadron and Contra III: The Alien Wars. UN Squadron is such a great shmup. It definitely has a classic Capcom/Street Fighter II vibe to it. Contra III is just a blast, the 80's style big action sequences are just rad! And yes, it is not that cheapster Majesco B&W manual version. Anybody know if Contra 4 was originally supposed to come out for the SNES? On the Konami poster is says something about coming soon Contra 4?

Untitled
This might be my favorite piece in all my video game collection. I have just only had the cart until now and the condition is crazy good. The manual is just cherry; it is like opening it up for the first time how they have that fresh feeling to it. B-)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

858. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

When you get your collection complete, I want to see pictures man! :D Almost done collecting, how many games do you have?

i dont have hundreds of games because im pretty picky because all the games i have are ment to be beat.
nobody has ever been in my gameroom and ive only showed pics to 4 people including my mom. lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Ryno

859. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

When you get your collection complete, I want to see pictures man! :D Almost done collecting, how many games do you have?

i dont have hundreds of games because im pretty picky because all the games i have are ment to be beat.
nobody has ever been in my gameroom and ive only showed pics to 4 people including my mom. lol

Whoa, intense. Your gameroom is a combination of Fort Knox (heavily guarded) and Area 51 (secretive). Too cool!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

860. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Whoa, intense. Your gameroom is a combination of Fort Knox (heavily guarded) and Area 51 (secretive). Too cool!

most of my trusted friends live out of the city that are into retro gaming...people would want me to constantly change games back and fourth to show them, and it takes a little work for me if i had to do that because, each time i put a new one in a system i clean it to keep contamination out of everything. guess its more of a chore than anything else. and i have a rule:never change a game out until its been beat. no matter what. my ocd has helped me with things like this lol. but if you lived by me id let you in the gameroom. i talk about retro games all day and night. its my life. id rather tell/show you in person what i have than post pics on here though

the_shpydar wrote: