Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 821 to 840 of 4,850

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Well i guess that's the thing though, we play these games not only because of the experience or to make some killer memories gaming-wise, but because they're an escape to another world, worlds that are far more amazing, magical(Mario & Zelda for ex) and interesting than the mediocre one we live in....Then again, there's always Disney Land hehe. Worlds where we can run around as a chubby little plummer while hopping on Goomba's and tossing eggs at Pink Tranny dinosaurs(I totaly love Birdo. lol)
But again, balance is the King Koopa key like you said. And If I could get zapped into my TV into Video Land and leave this world forever and become the Captain N Game Master i would in a heart beat.
I'm just so into Surrealism, cartoons, anything out of this world dreamy & fantasty-like, film(horror especially)creating things, and last but nowhere near least 'videogames' WoAaAaAaAa Then again, nowdays it's just Nintendo like i mentioned before. I mean if they left or magically dissapeared from the gaming industry(Which would never happen in a billion twinkie years) I'd probably just put all my video game focus on building up a retro Nes, SNES, Genesis, Atari 2600, GB and GBA collection while crying bucket loads of Princess Peach tears in the mega process.
Anyways, in my teen years i remember at times I'd waste days here and there playing the PSX for hours a day continuesly....Resident Evil 2 was one of those games based on what i remember of the few, and to sum it up you just feel like you've completely wasted your whole day, while feeling pretty bummed out on top if it all. It's the same deal with these couch potatoes who just lay on the couch wathing reality TV all day eating Rainbow Chips' a Hoy cookies and channel surfing until the freakin sun goes down. lol I mean there's so much to do in life, you gotta mix things up!
And I for one feel that Achievements are a complete and utter waste of tiny tim time.
I mean seriously, do these Xbox-ers try to rack up as many as they can so they can impress their friends with their meaningless achievement points? When in reality nobody honestly gives a damn, they're flat out worthless. Do these guys honestly feel accomplished as if they've done something meaningful in their lives? They probably give themselves a big mickey mouse pat on the back and call it a day. If anything i think achievments points are a lousy and cheap time wasting way to extend a game. It's no wonder Nintendo is so against it.
Unlocking new characters, new stages or even costumes and modes and the like is entirely different, which I'm all for....But those pesky achievements...ugh. "Congrats, you've killed 50 enemies" or "You're phenomneal, you've just beaten King Razar without taking a hit" DURP! lol ya, whatever dude. But at the same time, if you're having fun doing it than who am in the Homer hell am i to say hehe.
and I know what you mean about how times were before the internet. I miss those days...The internet can be pretty addicting at times, especially forums..And as far as gaming goes, it was all about getting together with your friends and having fun in the same room and not online shooting soldiers with some
gear-head' headset with 14 year olds swearing at the top of their lungs. Kids back then seemed more innocent and happier, now a large chunk of them are getting exposed to crap like Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty at such a young age. I play videogames to escape reality, to do something that's so out of this world and imposible in the real world, not to get stuck in World War 2 or become some ghetto king leader and run over strippers. I'm so grateful i was bornin the 84', but i wish i were born a bit earlier....but eh, what can you do. And youv'e got 3 years on the Wavester Damn you Rynox!
And man, i really need to try Karnov out! That one completely escaped me back in the Nintendy' NES craze. And yup, those NES Manuals are such a blast to read through. I've always gotten a kick out of the artwork and learning the names of the enemies, items and basically everything else.
Super Mario 2(Big suprise) Is hands down my favorite.

@Waveboy: Nice retroriffic start to this most wonderful time of the year! He-Man & She-Ra are awesome! Santa himself has that DVD is his “must play” list before he makes his annual magical journey on the 24th of December. I cannot wait to pop in Pee Wee’s Playhouse Christmas Special on VHS and watch it on my Grandma’s CRT TV’s on Christmas.

I love getting lost in the imaginative worlds of video games and spending some time watching and allowing myself to get absorbed in the creative land of the cartoons and programs of my youth but you know what I enjoy more than that? Being outdoors. I am fortunate to live in a place that is close to snowy mountains, unspoiled coastline, and tremendous old growth forests all nearby. Hiking the backcountry, snowboarding high alpine peaks, fly-fishing clear rivers; man, that is when I really feel like I am experiencing life to the fullest. But hey, I am human and can’t do that all the time so I enjoy the convenience and comfort of getting lost playing video games in a comfortable chair.

As for trophies, achievements, etc., yeah I try to get some but I don’t play through modern games more than once so I can “platinum.” But whatever, if that floats someone’s Cobra Triangle boat who am I to say something? I have feelings about those things personally but I don’t want to judge. Besides judges are old and I am only 30. I just wish I had more friends that were into video games nearby so I could play co-op the old fashioned way!

I can only hope the Wii U get its act together and they add online co-op to VC games so I can dial you up on the old Miami Vice car phone, rock the 80’s style suits and take on the classics like we were Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas.
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

I received this one today for a price that was absolutely a dream come true! Box is pretty newish like and manual is perfect. I know this was on Wave's hit list so I knew I had to enter SlumberLand with plenty of candy of course and snatch this one up quick.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

I received this one for a price that was a dream come true! I know this was on Wave's hit list so I knew I had to enter SlumberLand with plenty of candy of course and snatch this one up quick.

Untitled

bout time someone else besides me got Nemo!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I received this one for a price that was a dream come true! I know this was on Wave's hit list so I knew I had to enter SlumberLand with plenty of candy of course and snatch this one up quick.

bout time someone else besides me got Nemo!

Is it really as deceiving as I have heard it is? I mean on the outside you have this kiddie looking game but some reviews say it is pretty difficult.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno yes it is...the little kid image was just that lol. its a great game. music and all.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

blackknight77

I found a boxed and complete copy of Twin Cobra for the Sega Genesis. The game was in near mint condition for $3.50. If you don't know about Twin Cobra then its a shooter by Toaplan who made other arcade, 8-bit, and 16-bit shooters such as Truxton, Sky Shark, Tiger-Heli etc.

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Spagem

i just got super metroid for my SNES! it rocks but im lost

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Ryno

Classicgamer wrote:

i just got super metroid for my SNES! it rocks but im lost

Fantastic! That games rocks my socks! #2 on my fav games of all time. Good luck with getting "unlost."

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

sykotek

Just picked this game up on sale. Retro styled gameplay galore.
[youtube:ke79ZoQohog]

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Ryno

Have you ever bought something from the Internet and it turns out that it was not quite what you expected? So, I bought Super Castlevania IV a little while back and thought I was getting a good collector's condition copy but it was a total disappointment when I got it. The manual was beat up, cover was hanging off, no clear case, and a sun faded box to name some of my problems with it. Since this is my favorite game of all time I want a superb copy. Everyone should have an excellent copy of their favorite game right? You know Wave's got an excellent copy of Super Mario Bros. 2 buried somewhere under his Pop Tarts , horror movies, and TMNT action figures. Well, now I finally have an excellent copy of my favorite game and its pretty close to "new", even has most of the plastic around the box and still has the hangtab on it!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

zezzy wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

i think yer trying to piss people of a little with all the xbox stuff

I agree with him! How dare you buy a xbox game and announce it here, us nintendo fanboys don't allow that kind of stuff! Now I'm really mad argh >:[

I think he was referring to the idea that Xbox is not retro (though that is debateable). That's how I interpretted it at least.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sykotek

Ryno wrote:

Have you ever boughy something from the Internet and it turns out that it was not quite what you expected?

Yea, I bought Strider 2 from this eBay douche a long time back. I made the mistake of trading it in a long time ago when I was young and broke. So I buy this game and he calls it Mint. I didn't pay attention that he wrote "Mint to him" in the description until after I purchased and paid for it. I remember it took forever to get to me, but when it did...I don't see how anyone could've ever considered that to be in Mint condition. The jewel case wasn't the original, it was scuffed and cracked and missing the back insert entirely, the manual was ripped and wrinkled, and ...man, the game...scratched. Worse yet, it was on the top layer where the data sits, so I couldn't even buff out the scratches on the bottom. Get this...the best thing, it may not be common knowledge other than to those who own the game, but Strider 2 came with 2 discs, one for the original Strider, one for Strider 2. They were both misprinted by Capcom. This guy gives me 1 of the two discs, the one labeled Strider 2 (which was actually Strider 1 and presumably keeps the other). I contacted him, he never even had the decency to write back...made a claim through PayPal, but burned his name into my memory forever. Through the disputing process, I never got a chance to leave negative feedback.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Ryno

@sykotek: Oh shiz, that sucks! Thanks for the head's up on that guy, I wont be buying anything from him. How is Strider 2 anyway?

@MickeyMac: That sucks too.

Did you get pics first? From now on I need to some quality pics before making a purchase.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

@sykotek: Oh shiz, that sucks! Thanks for the head's up on that guy, I wont be buying anything from him. How is Strider 2 anyway?

@MickeyMac: That sucks too.

Did you get pics first?

Nope, I didn't even own a camera until recently. Luckily it was still in good condition, so it's not that bad. So long as I keep it that way I can still sell it for a good deal, just not at a profit. Really, I'm just happy to own the game, used or new.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JGMR

The Legend of Zelda Sound & Drama 2CD, new and sealed. It was quite expensive...

With kind regards,

JGMR

Gamesake

sykotek wrote:

I bought Strider 2 from this eBay douche a long time back. So I buy this game and he calls it Mint. The jewel case wasn't the original, it was scuffed and cracked and missing the back insert entirely, the manual was ripped and wrinkled, and ...man, the game...scratched. Worse yet, it was on the top layer where the data sits, so I couldn't even buff out the scratches on the bottom. Get this...the best thing, it may not be common knowledge other than to those who own the game, but Strider 2 came with 2 discs, one for the original Strider, one for Strider 2. They were both misprinted by Capcom. This guy gives me 1 of the two discs, the one labeled Strider 2 (which was actually Strider 1 and presumably keeps the other). I contacted him, he never even had the decency to write back...

I know most of you guys prefer retro gaming on the original consoles but stories just like this one are the reason I like the VC better. I'll emulate anything I can before I'll gamble on a lousy reseller.

...in my pants.

Ryno

Gamesake wrote:

sykotek wrote:

I know most of you guys prefer retro gaming on the original consoles but stories just like this one are the reason I like the VC better. I'll emulate anything I can before I'll gamble on a lousy reseller.

People are practically giving Xbox games away though so you shouldn't run into to many problems.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Retro_on_theGo

Luckily I'm over paranoid so nothing like the above stories has happened to me.
Also not a purchase but I finally tried that in the zone '98 game I found for the 64 and it was actually pretty fun. I didn't notice it was from Konami either. Still prefer NBA Jam. Next on my retro wish list is Super Metroid or Super bomberman.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki

About the only thing that happened to me scam wise concerning a video game was years ago before there were Gamestops in my area there was a place that would buy sell and trade NES games. Well anyway I found a copy of TMNT II on NES and I have been wanting that game for years so you can imagine how excited I was to find it. To make a long story short I ran home and popped the game into my NES only to see the title screen to Super Mario Bros appear. Needless to say I took that game back and got my money back.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic