Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 801 to 820 of 4,850

OverlordMao

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3.
I've got a lot of Genesis games to catch up on since I missed out XD (although I've played Sonics 1-3&K, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes,Comix Zone, Earthworm Jim 1, MUSHA Aleste, and the first Streets of Rage and highly enjoyed those games

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

KingMike

I bought a few games on my 3DS: Super Star Wars and Super Return of the Jedi, Wordtris, Roger Rabbit GB, Legendary Wings and Superman Genesis.

...I just opened ebay on the Web Broswer.
(no, I don't think I'd actually shop that way again.)

KingMike

KingMike

Just ordered a couple loose GB carts: Donkey Kong GB: Dixie to Dinky, the Japanese GBC version of Donkey Kong Land III (since let's be honest, if Nintendo releases DKL3 on VC (likely), there's a 99% chance it'll be the monochrome version) and Taito Variety Pack (as the name implies, it's a legal multi-cart. Bubble Bobble, Chase HQ, Elevator Action and Sagaia/Darius II).

KingMike

Ryno

@WaveBoy: Nothing like video games to help provide some perspective on life, eh? Like you said it’s all about balance, you don’t want to be one of the goobers who play video games all the time and misses out the things in life that actually matter. That’s a lonely unsatisfying life there waiting for you if you make video games a Godzilla size chunk of your life. Your family, wife/girlfriend, and friends do not really give a rip about how many games you have beat or how many “achievements and trophies” you have. Sure it makes good discussion here but outside of checking in here while at work I try not to spend my additional “free time” on video game websites. Actually, I try not to spend too much time on the Web in general. Remember back in the day back when people actually spent time with other people in person? Alright, I better nip this in the Fire Flower bud now… Haha…

Yeah, I am at peace with finding out to how to control the mass influx of video gameage out there in this Super Mario World. WaveDude, not to get all sappy like a maple tree but you helped me with it! Dr. Wave, you can bill my insurance. Haha My main focus is collecting retro games specifically NES & SNES with a Back to the Future sprinkling of Genesis and Atari 2600 down the road. My Gamboy Advance SP will keep me busy for lunch breaks until I retire and I am sticking with Nintendo consoles for the rest of my Turtles in Time here on this amazing planet.

Hurry up with that 80’s Vortex. I am definitely looking forward to some fresh Nintendo Cereal System and I want to buy 2 copies of the ultra groovy original Mega Man. Best of luck to you in your CIB Nintendo collection! The writing that comes on the back of the boxes and in the manuals is just so cool along with the bodacious artwork. I love the wild and crazy stuff that they did back then, like with Karnov for example, they used pictures of the arcade game on the back of the NES box and they actually say something like “actual shots are of the arcade version.” WTF? Haha…

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

I got some more SNES goods.

First, this is an "upgrade" purchase. You may be thinking, Ryno already bought that. True I did, but I didn't originally get it with the awesome map and Top Secrets: Messages from Sahasrahla. Plus this manual and box are in better condition.

Untitled

I have never played Secret of Mana. Actually, I missed out on a lot of the cool Action-RPG SNES games, so I want to make sure to collect them with their maps and guides and everything. A Link to the Past is one of my favorite games so I am sure I will like this one.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

I just got Secret of Evermore in the mail today complete with poster and map and I have question for those who collect and can remember the good ol' SNES days (maybe KingMike or oldgamesonly). Did the NA "white tray" ever change during the SNES era to the one in the picture below or was it always the same style and that is just the wrong one?

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno
thats a good question and yer white tray is probably legit, theres several snes games that use them.
there not as common though.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Terave

@Ryno I do want your Zelda package!

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Tasuki

@Ryno: Nice purchase as usual buddy boy, you make me jealous.

To answer your question about the white tray I believe different companies used different styles of the white tray. Some of my SNES games came in trays that were completely solid all the way around and the game sat in the middle spot while others had what looked like the top part missing like yours that came with Secret of Evermore there. I think it was a move so that they used less packaging or something I am not really sure why they had different designs.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Why so worried Ryno? The white tray is fine judging from that picture.
Man, how much did all that cost? I haven't bought anything retro in months. I know I said nothing till Mario Kart 7, but I can't believe I kept that promise! XD

@Retro_on_theGo: For me I want to collect NES and SNES games as close to original as possible even down to the correct tray. Warnings and Nintendo Power ads not so important but all the other inserts I want. I know the best way to do this would be to buy new and sealed which most of the time is more than I want to pay. Plus, I still want to play the games and read through the manuals and look at the posters. How much did it all cost? Well, that depends on which/how much you are talking about here.

Terave wrote:

@Ryno I do want your Zelda package!

Thanks man, I will sell it you for $100! haha...

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Ryno
thats a good question and yer white tray is probably legit, theres several snes games that use them.
there not as common though.

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Nice purchase as usual buddy boy, you make me jealous.

To answer your question about the white tray I believe different companies used different styles of the white tray. Some of my SNES games came in trays that were completely solid all the way around and the game sat in the middle spot while others had what looked like the top part missing like yours that came with Secret of Evermore there. I think it was a move so that they used less packaging or something I am not really sure why they had different designs.

Thanks guys, that white tray just seems cheaper then the more common solid one. Maybe when that game came out in '95 Nintendo or other game companies were trying to create "less waste" like what you said Tasuki. Looks like most of the copies on Ebay come with that tray

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

7th_lutz

Cotton: Fantastic Nights Dreams - Neo Geo Pocket Color (Japanese version)
Soukyugrentai - Saturn

7th_lutz

Gamesake

Untitled
Never played this retro game before. I hear it's good.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

ogo79

Gamesake wrote:

Untitled
Never played this retro game before. I hear it's good.

i think yer trying to piss people of a little with all the xbox stuff

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

zezhyrule

oldgamesonly wrote:

i think yer trying to piss people of a little with all the xbox stuff

I agree with him! How dare you buy a xbox game and announce it here, us nintendo fanboys don't allow that kind of stuff! Now I'm really mad argh >:[

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

WindWaker24

It was either the unopened original Metroid™ title from several years ago,
or Pokémon Crystal Version for the GameBoy Colour, also few yrs ago.

I love gaming.®

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and n...

KingMike

Well, if this for both Nintendo and non-Nintendo consoles.
Finally bought Namco Museum Volume 5 for PS1. Wasn't cheap, but it doesn't look like it's going to get cheaper.
Now I can play English Legend of Valkyrie.
Glad I now have four of the five volumes (only missing one of the very-common volumes )
(at least in the US, Volumes 2, 4 and 5 seem incredibly rare. Of those, I think I've only seen one copy of 5 offline, and that was when I first started collecting PS games, so I didn't know it was rare.)
Got a scratched copy of 4 some time ago. Crashes when trying to load the museum, so the extra features are inaccessible but the actual games still play. So given its rarity, I suppose it's not a huge loss since it's still functional.

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic