Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 761 to 780 of 3,031

AuthorMessage

KingMike

761. Posted:

The European version of the CDX? I imagine quite a lot. At least on the US systems, for some reason the proper power cord is even rarer the console.
I hear a lot of people have been using the wrong power cord (Genesis 2?) because it appears to work, but it will eventually destroy the console, making working systems even harder to find. :(

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

762. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

So here we have a great example of me seeing what is happening on Ebay and not being able to control myself. Haha! :) $13.00 with free shipping, this is must have for NES collections right? I heard this was like one of the greatest games of all time and Super Mario Bros. 3 was greatly inspired by this. :p If I remember correctly the proper way to clean LJN games is with cheeseburger juice? How To Clean a NES Game.

Untitled

there is nothing wrong with owning that game, that map screen is just jacked to hell

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Terave

763. Posted:

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. :)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

764. Posted:

I just bought U.N. Squadron for the SNES on ebay for $10.96. Free shipping! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

765. Posted:

@Ryno No, the only had new arcades in there. Remember, it's Disney World, not a local arcade. Haha But, as for the high score, I got on the leader boards, but I was unable to net the top score. The rubber on the paddles was extremely 'bouncy', for lack of a better word, and I can't tell you how many times I ruined a top score when my ball bounced off a paddle, only to drop straight between the two to loose a ball. I don't know if it's a new thing for newer tables, but it really kinda sucked to be honest.

They also had the new Pirates of the Caribbean table, but the table was setting off-level and trying to actually play it was extremely frustrating - this was due to them remodeling the floor in the arcade - but, the table was cool nonetheless, though it had the same 'bouncy' paddles too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

766. Posted:

Me found a Game Boy (the brick) along with a bunch of power adaptors and other cables and a case for $15. The Game Boy's screen refused to show a picture, but I played around with it until I got it to work. But the battery contatcs are dirty, so I have to use the AC adaptor if I want to play the Game Boy. Metroid II: Return of Samus, here I come!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

Ryno

767. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just bought U.N. Squadron for the SNES on ebay for $10.96. Free shipping! :D

Loved that game as a kid! I am trying to remember which one of my Goonie friends had that game but can't and don't know how or where I used to play it!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

768. Posted:

While I was on the Vay-kay I won some retro goodies:

First this #1 Arcade Smash! with the black NES seal. For me the definitive NES beat 'em up.
Untitled

Next, #3 in the "The Greatest Martial Arts Adventure Series Ever!" One life only - this one is going to be tough. I hope my Sacred Stones are up for the challenge. If not oh well this has the world famous Bimmy and that is is worth the price in itself!

I thought this Ebay Product Information was pretty funny...
"Bimmy" and Jimmy Lee return in their last great beat 'em up on the NES. Marion (having been revived from the dead) is kidnapped by some kinda cult. "Bimmy" and Jimmy beat up Mr. Han and a ninja then takes them to Egypt to fight mummies. The game features four playable characters, friendly-fire on/off, one credit to continue, and a semi-retarded weapon system.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

769. Posted:

@Ryno: Nice purchases there as always Ryno. Do you have Double Dragon II or is that the next one on your list?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

770. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Nice purchases there as always Ryno. Do you have Double Dragon II or is that the next one on your list?

Thanks Tasuki. I do not have Double Dragon II The Revenge though I want that one more than Double Dragon III but I ended up gettting The Sacred Stones complete for nearly the average price it is going for cartridge only. I will be keeping my eye our for The Revenge. I have always wanted Double Dragon, just been waiting to find the black seal version complete for $20. Were/are you a fan of Double Dragon? have all three? which one is your favorite?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

771. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Thanks Tasuki. I do not have Double Dragon II The Revenge though I want that one more than Double Dragon III but I ended up gettting The Sacred Stones complete for nearly the average price it is going for cartridge only. I will be keeping my eye our for The Revenge. I have always wanted Double Dragon, just been waiting to find the black seal version complete for $20. Were/are you a fan of Double Dragon? have all three? which one is your favorite?

Yeah I always liked the Double Dragon series I have the Gameboy port of the first Double Dragon, Double Dragon II on the NES, and both Super Double Dragon and Battletoads/Double Dragon on the SNES.

I liked Super Double Dragon the best followed by Double Dragon II. I only played Double Dragon III once and I just didnt like it as much as the first two for one thing I found it alot harder than the others ones and for me it just didnt have the charm of the other two. Battletoads/Double Dragon was a fun games as well especially if you have another player to play it with. Gameplay is more like the Battletoad games but it still is fun and not nearly as hard as Battletoads.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

772. Posted:

Hey! Nice to see this thread is back after about a week of inactivity. I should probably start talking about the forum topic, eh?
I am going to order VB Wario Land October 1st! There's nothing like coming home every day and wondering if my package is here yet!

passid.ca/MM17

AuthorMessage

ogo79

773. Posted:

DD 2 for nes is the best in my opinion

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Terave

774. Posted:

Resident Evil for the GCN. I'm curious to this one. :)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

775. Posted:

Bought VB Wario Land and Red Alarm in one go.
[insert item obtainment jinge from Metroid Prime]

passid.ca/MM17

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

776. Posted:

I bought Paper Mario for the N64 today at a flea market.(cartridge only) It was only $8.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

777. Posted:

@Ryno
Awesome buys regarding Friday the 13th & Double Dragon!...Not to mention I already have those two CIB which makes those two purchases extra shy guy supreme! B-) You should defiintly whip out FT13th for this Halloween...The in game Map will make your brain bleed pink mega pixels out of pure Jason-fied splatter faced frustration, but man...when you enter those dark blue indoor cabins with the faceless kids staring back at you with this iconic track playing, it's enough to give you summer camp 8-bit ghoulish goosebumps. :o Brings back some crazy memories! I'll admit, A NIghtmare on Elm Street was maybe the better game of the two LJN Stinkers, but for some reason FT13th just stands out more....instead of ANOES which seems like some crappy generic haunted house game with Freddy Krueger thrown in so us kids would weez' out the lawn moying/news paper delivering CashOla. :p

And ya, I actually had to keep shifting my NES from my house to my aunts. :p But holy hell, you're totaly right about everybody in the neighbourhood practically having an NES, it was so universal and common. :D I remember playing Punch-Out!! & duking it out against Glass Joe at some random crazy 30 something year old dudes house across the street for kicks, along with Bubble Bobble and the like. All of my friends and their Friends had the Nes ect ect. Nintendo Ruled the world, and just about everyone had one of them.

And yes, you totaly need to pick up a 23" - 27" CRT for your retro gaming needs! B-) I mean I don't mind playing Nes games through the Wii's VC on an HDTV if the input lag isn't noticable, but when it comes to the retro consoles, the tv's just gotta be retro to match. B-)

Oh and how was the trip btw!? Didn't you mention earlier that you were going to Jamaicai to visit Tee Jay?lol
Ya, i bet that's you in the lime green outfit jamming to the tunes and dancing around in the background.lol

Also, definitly look into getting those SNES refurb buttons, it makes ALL the difference! ;)
It's guaranteed to get you more pumped to track down and play those SNES classics that you totaly crave and love. The buttons on my SNES controller before were incredibly squishy and sloppy...The inner tact-buttons get worn out with age big time, so it's ideal to get those puppies replaced pronto!...Even if it takes quite a while waiting for them to arrive from Kangaroo's ville Austrailia. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

778. Posted:

I feel like there's going to be some spooky Retro Halloween purchases in the bat infested goulish future for this Halloween October. :D Anybody else gearnig up for some Horror Retro loving just in time for Halloween? B-)

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

779. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno
Awesome buys regarding Friday the 13th & Double Dragon!...Not to mention I already have those two CIB which makes those two purchases extra shy guy supreme! B-) You should defiintly whip out FT13th for this Halloween...The in game Map will make your brain bleed pink mega pixels out of pure Jason-fied splatter faced frustration, but man...when you enter those dark blue indoor cabins with the faceless kids staring back at you with this iconic track playing, it's enough to give you summer camp 8-bit ghoulish goosebumps. :o Brings back some crazy memories! I'll admit, A NIghtmare on Elm Street was maybe the better game of the two LJN Stinkers, but for some reason FT13th just stands out more....instead of ANOES which seems like some crappy generic haunted house game with Freddy Krueger thrown in so us kids would weez' out the lawn moying/news paper delivering CashOla. :p

And ya, I actually had to keep shifting my NES from my house to my aunts. :p But holy hell, you're totaly right about everybody in the neighbourhood practically having an NES, it was so universal and common. :D I remember playing Punch-Out!! & duking it out against Glass Joe at some random crazy 30 something year old dudes house across the street for kicks, along with Bubble Bobble and the like. All of my friends and their Friends had the Nes ect ect. Nintendo Ruled the world, and just about everyone had one of them.

And yes, you totaly need to pick up a 23" - 27" CRT for your retro gaming needs! B-) I mean I don't mind playing Nes games through the Wii's VC on an HDTV if the input lag isn't noticable, but when it comes to the retro consoles, the tv's just gotta be retro to match. B-)

Oh and how was the trip btw!? Didn't you mention earlier that you were going to Jamaicai to visit Tee Jay?lol
Ya, i bet that's you in the lime green outfit jamming to the tunes and dancing around in the background.lol

Also, definitly look into getting those SNES refurb buttons, it makes ALL the difference! ;)
It's guaranteed to get you more pumped to track down and play those SNES classics that you totaly crave and love. The buttons on my SNES controller before were incredibly squishy and sloppy...The inner tact-buttons get worn out with age big time, so it's ideal to get those puppies replaced pronto!...Even if it takes quite a while waiting for them to arrive from Kangaroo's ville Austrailia. B-)

Thanks Waveboy. I never played Friday the 13th back in the day unlike Double Dragon so Friday the 13th fell in the category of a game I better get or Wave is going to send Master Splinter after me. :p I don’t remember exactly why I didn’t have much history with it? Maybe the kids in my ‘hood were to smart not to plunk down the hard earned cash on it. :) I am going to be playing some of that along with Castlevania III over the next spooktacular month of October. The Cabin Theme _is so classic NES and I can’t wait to be all slackjawed while trying to decipher the infamous map. Never played A Nightmare on Elm Street, I am sure I can get that one ala elcheapo! ;)

Oh man, that comment about being at some random dude’s house playing NES made me laugh. Just picturing how easy it would have been for all the creepy perverts who like little kiddies to lure kids in with a NES, some Ecto-Cooler, and some Bon Bons.

Yeah, I now know I need to get a CRT. If I want to play with R.O.B., the Zapper, and Super Scope, I need it among just the overall unbeatable presentation. What the latest update on your TV situation?

My trip was good, Jamaica is a beautiful place. I enjoyed 3 out of the 4 R’s Jamaica has to offer including relaxing, reggae, and rum. Didn’t mess with the reefer, coral _reefs though yes. ;)

YES! That was me in the lime green outfit! What you didn’t see was that I went up to Tee Jay told him Guile's theme is way better and then Ryno-Punched him cold. Then his Rastafarian buddies started coming toward me to so I went all Marty McFly and hoverboarded my ass on out of there.

Speaking of controllers, you know what is amazing, at least to me anyway is how incredible the original NES controller buttons feel. Even after nearly 25 years later they are tighter than Samus’s Zero Suit! I will be reviving the SNES controllers soon. I need to do something about my Genesis controllers too, when I ordered my Genesis for $10 I got a semi-busted Sega controller and a bogey that works but its not original.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

780. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Oh man, that comment about being at some random dude’s house playing NES made me laugh. Just picturing how easy it would have been for all the creepy perverts who like little kiddies to lure kids in with a NES, some Ecto-Cooler, and some Bon Bons.

lol wow.

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote: