Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 741 to 760 of 3,350

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

741. Posted:

I'm saving up for that too, just for the sheer "collectibleness" of it. I'm going to be almost half way there with my ambassador game coins.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

742. Posted:

I bought a Dreamcast at a garage sale for $5! It came with 2 controllers and a memory card.

BBBBBBackloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

743. Posted:

An NES, Super Mario Bros, Life Force, Dragon Warrior, and Flashback for the Genesis. :)

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

ogo79

744. Posted:

a brand new playstation underground cd wallet to hold all my brand new playstation 1 and 2 games

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

745. Posted:

I bought an N64 transfer pack for $2, Pokemon Yellow AND Red for $10, and Megaman GB for $5. :) All these great deals at a flea market.
I know Megaman GB is decent at best and is coming to VCH, but that could be in a month for all we know and my brother really wanted it. (So did I, lol.)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DiggerandIndy

746. Posted:

The last purchase I made was over at Disc Replay, where I got Tetris Attack GB, Wario Blast, and Super Mario Land for basically $10.00 total! Wish I could go there more often, but it's too far from where I live, and I can't drive there by myself. :-(

DiggerandIndy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

747. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Ryno
my mom bought Karnov for me back in the days. its pretty good, i think we got it for like 10$ brand new lol

That is funny oldgamesonly, your mom and I bought it for nearly the same price, I got it for a little under $10 shipped. Hoping it is as fun as I remember! :)

Nice purchase on Castlevania SOTN I was a PSX kid somehow I missed out on that game. Someday I am going to have to buy it! The Playstation Undergound CD Wallet ha! I remember the Playstation Underground. Playstation Undergound sounded so cool back in the day.

m-wasi wrote:

Ok, so now on to the purchase...

Duuude! Finally someone mentions Karnov, one of the greatest NES games of all time! I used to rent this as a kid at the ol' video rental store (sadly are becoming more scarce now that Blockbuster is gone). A couple of years ago I found it at a local flea market and had to pick it up. The final boss was crazy hard. I remember having to plug in my Game Genie to beat the bastard. Great purchase, congrats!

m-wasi, Looking for someone to purchase some_ totally random out of left field_ NES game from yesteryear then I am your man :p Glad to hear from someone that enjoyed it then and has recently enjoyed the lovable fatso Karnov! Looking forward to that crazy hard final boss battle! My NES skills are improving daily however I am sad to say I still can’t get past level 6-2 of Ninja Gaiden arrggghhhh! As tempting as using the Game Genie is sometimes for me I cannot bring myself to use it though. The victory would just feel a bit to shallow for me. Oh yes, the ever vanishing video game rental store will always be a fond memory of my childhood as well. My most popular rental was the super duper Mega Man 3.

Tasuki wrote:

Wow I missed alot since I started school lol,
@Ryno nice find there with the NES advantage there. Reminds me when I went into my parents storage shed last year looking for camping supplys and I found my old Genesis tucked neat away with the camping dinner ware lol.

Yeah Tasuki, finding old childhood treasures at your parents is awesome! :) Interesting place to store your Genesis! haha … Glad you found out it though. I love breating new life into old video games! ;)

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno
Haha. Ya i checked out that Sellers Metroid Poster collection too, and it's pretty weak sauce....There's no Retro based Metroid Poster in site....It's mostly Anime-Samus with her Butt busting out in full force as if she's posing for King Koopa's & Fry Guys' Daily Mushroom Kingdom Half-Nudey magazine.
And i bet you'll be extremely pumped when your Retro Room finally comes to life. B-) With me, I think Nes gaming on a 27" Tube CRT using Composite cables(forget that crappy RF switch, or whatever you call it.lol) while brightining up the TV Color is the best way to fly. But I've only got a 32" FlatScreen Full screen Tube CRT and while it's awesome for Wii games and the like, it just seems a smidge too big for Nes games...But, that's the way i gotta roll for now. :p
And great buy on the NES Advantage, I sooo neeed to get one of those for TMNT II! Make sure you bolt the thing down somehow on a super heavy platform though.lol There's nothing worse then using a light arcade stick that flops around while you use it. :p And I've never even heard of Karnov before, i checked out a video of it on yourtube and visually it mildy remindes me of Rygar, but I hate Rygar. :p Karnov > Rygar and I haven't even played it yet, plus the BoxArt is pretty rad haha.

I think I still have the Metroid Nintendo Power poster thankfully back when she was just a bounty hunter and before her image got twisted by someone who is experiencly depressed (I know, I made “experiencly” up) with a woman. :p

I don’t know if I will ever get a CRT to play NES, SNES, and Genesis games. I know I probably should if I want the ultimate retro recreation experience and if I want to use the Zapper or Super Scope but I like the way the games look on my current 30” LCD hooked up with composites except for the Genesis for when it is hooked up (which is rare) its RF. Anyone know if you can hook up the Genesis with composite cables? Anyway, the CRT debate will have to be settled for me down the road because as of right now I don’t have room for a big old heavy honkin CRT TV! I agree with you 27” would probably be ideal, because back in the day I was playing mostly on 20” but it was always special the few times I got to bring the NES downstairs and play it on the “big screen”! B-)

The one thing about the NES Advantage when playing TMNT II is that the whole press A and B at the same time to pull off the super power move is not as easy as with the NES controller. Maybe it is just my Advantage though and needs some good old fashioned maintenance. Maybe they have a repair kit for it? Haha…. I was playing with it on a TV tray and as wobbly as those TV trays are the Advantage is like a rock solid paper weight and I did not have that moving around problem. :) I couldn’t imagine not having some type of counter or something to set it on the thing is seriously like a lethal weapon, Danny Glover and Mel Gibson included ;) Don’t like Rygar huh? My friend had it has a kid so I remember playing it but of course not knowing what t do or being any good at it. It is a game I will pick up someday, besides its pretty cheap! ;) I got Karnov in the mail today so I am going to have to try it out tonight. Hopefully it is everything I remember! B-) The other Data East game I want to get is Rampage that would be another good arcade style game for the Advantage but you need to really play that one with a friend otherwise it gets a little boring.

Slapshot wrote:

@Waveboy Dude, let us know what you think when it does finally arrive. ;)
@Ryno Nice find! All you need now is a stack of quarters and enough friends over to create a waiting line and it'll be like the arcades all over again. OK, I'm about to be really nostalgic I know, but I really do miss those days. I just spent 7-nights in a resort in the Animal Kingdom in Disney World and our resort had an awesome arcade tucked away inside it. Every chance I got at night/mornings I was slipping off to the arcade to try and set the high score on the new Tron Legacy pinball table. There is just nothing like being in an arcade - especially when you love pinball. :)

Seriously Slapshot, I wish to recreate the whole arcade atmosphere _too! :) My next birthday party I want to have it _80’s arcade themed. Forget those other played out Frat Boy themes like “Bosses and Hoe’s” or Toga. I want mullets, rolls of quarters, MC Hammer, stonewashed, hypercolor, flashing colored lights, the whole works. Haha… That is awesome you spent some quality time in the arcade, did they have classic retro arcade games? Also, did you leave there with the high score on the pinball table? You better have! ;)

KingMike wrote:

Terranigma didn't come out because Enix America closed.
It was planned, along with 7th Saga 2 (Mystic Ark), Dragon Quest VI (though considering I saw mail-order companies taking pre-orders for DQV as late at 1995 and it still didn't come out, gotta wonder about the odds of DQVI making it, especially so late in the SNES' lifespan) and Tactics Ogre. Not sure if they were planning to call it Genesis, like NoA did once in a NP preview.
Yes, I would've loved to play Genesis on my Super Nintendo. :)

My latest purchase? Jackal for NES and Heavy Barrel for NES.

Jackal nice, that is one that I am always looking at. What is Heavy Barrel?
So I was out of town for the past few days and I stopped by ”The Vill” and picked up this Super Haduken of a game! So unlike me to pick up a naked Game Pak without its manual and box but for the right red hot price of $2.99 I couldn’t resist. :) I was more of a Turbo kid growing up, owned it, but I played a little Super as well. I will defintely have to get Turbo someday but it shall be complete! Wasn't Street Fighter II Turbo like $70 or something when it came out? I remember it being one of those extra expensive SNES games.
Untitled

Edited on by theblackdragon

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

748. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

That is funny oldgamesonly, your mom and I bought it for nearly the same price

that just reads funny as hell to me lol
and yeah Playstation Undergound was a cool name

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

749. Posted:

I want all trans-dimensional and won this one recently. Krang tried his darndest to stop me but failed again. You won't be seeing this one on your 3DS you silly ambassadors! :p

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

750. Posted:

@Ryno nice

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

751. Posted:

@Ryno.
Awesome buy man! B-)
As super simplistic, short. bare bones and easy as Fall of the Foot Clan is, it just puts a big smile on my face. It's fun while it lasts! :P Yet 'II: Back From the Sewers' is a lot more challenging, it's more in tune with the show, it has better graphics, it's longer and it's just a lot beefier, like an extra mega cheese 'without the Pickle' Technodrome Beebop Burger with a Baxter Stockman Fly Shake on the side. B-) It's basically everything you could wan't in a TMNT GB sequal....But dear god of Surfer Heaven do the turtles look absolutely ridiculous in it....It looks like you just got laid by April 'O Neil and you're going out for a nice walk on the beach fighting Foot Soldiers while being in a complete 'just had sex' trance while day dreaming about Mrs. Banana coat wearing 'O Neily.

See for yourself! :p

As for the Genesis, looky what i found. . ;)
Untitled
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genesis-1-Audio-Video-AV-Cable-KMD-NEW...
By the way, which Genesis Model do you have? Since this seems to be compatible with only Model 1, the original Sega bad boy of the 3 which seems to support composite cables and Headphones....Weird how they'd down grade Model 2 and 3. That aside, the Snes on the other hand goes up to S-Video, so you might want to upgrade to that for your SNES to get a sharper picture/clearer image. ;)

As for CRT gaming...Aside from being magically retro, radically nostalgiac and oh so true, there is zero lag, and no scaling to speak of. After all these systems were designed for these dinosaur heavy thousand pound Tubies. :p But like you mentioned they take up more space and they're heavy as hell but when you eventually get a bigger place you should totaly go for one dude. Once I get a 50" 1080p 3D 2012 Plasma HDTV next year before the WiiU hits I'll be ditching my current Sony 32" Wega Trinitron CRT SDTV. And for Retro titles like the Nes, SNES and Genesis I'll be snaging a 27" Sony Tube CRT SDTV. B-) Because there's no way in hell I'll use a 50" 1080p HDTV to play my Nes on, talk about akward!

And oh man, remember those wooden Cryptic TV's back in the day? VHS Tape Quality plus a Dusty Wooden Tube TV made Horror movies 10x scarier back in the day.lol At my house we had a 27" I think, yet my Aunt lived pretty much right next to us 1 house down and had a more up date TV....Almost something like those silver/black Tube TV's that were used in the Nes Armageddon Tournament in The Wizard. It was so 80's there, my Step Cousin who was a typical tweeny rocking her perm would always baby sit me. Goodtimes! I did most of my NES gaming there. Yet I don't think I'd opt for a Wooden CRT though, I'd rather just go for a black basic Tube. :p

And aghhh, i so need to get the Nes Advantage. Yet it's sucky hearing about the B & A combination not working as well, but it's awesome to hear that the Advantage itself is pretty sturdy and doesn't wobble around like a dead PeeWee herman(now that would make me Cry! :p). And it's hilarious, I mean i try to save here and there and keep my budget balanced and the like, but all of this nostalgiac retro goodness and many other things always get the best of me and I totaly end up burning a hole in my freakin wallet.lol :p You gotta save, spend, keep it balanced and live life in the moment, but i tend to splurge. Being a semi-complusive buyer doesn't always help either haha. And I'm going all out for this Halloween October regardless if I should be saving, after all it's a kick experience to look back on and aside from Christams it's my favorite time of the year. B-)

Anyways, let me know how Karnov is. I always love hearing about these obscure gems I've never heard about.......if it truly is a gem. :p Ahhh, how could it not be. With a name like Karnov it has to be. B-)

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

752. Posted:

Oh and just a heads up, I got my SNES Refurb Rubber Button Keys in the mail today....Finally!
Untitled
All the way from bloody Australia, i bet my package was getting humped by an onslaught of gnarly Kangaroos. Anyways! So I took the controller apart, took out the old far less responsive sucktastic rubber keys, cleaned the circuit board and stuck in the brand new ones, put it all back together and WOW, what a difference! :D

Before my D-pad was loose, sloppy, mushy and didn't feel responsive whatsoever, now it's super sturdy, stiff and clicky, same deal with the Shoulder buttons and the face buttons feel so much better as well, same deal with the Start and Select gummie buttons. It's like I'm using a brand new SNES controller

It's a night and day difference, i recommed everybody who has an SNES to get a new set of rubber keys for their SNES controllers. Because there's no way in hell that your rubber parts haved aged perfectly. :p

Also I noticed that the L and R buttons make a clicking sound now, they feel much better and responsive but are they supposed to make a semi-loudish clicking sound? I can't seem to remember from back in th day. :p

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280669588783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&...

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

753. Posted:

Just open a package with my latest import purchase.
Untitled
Untitled
I'm guessing Little Magic and Power Sokoban are a little hard to find, since I don't seem them very often.
Little Magic is about as close as there is to an SNES Lolo, and Power Sokoban was one of the last SFC games released on cart.
Glad to get Dragon Fighter without having to pay the NES price.
Want to like Taruruuto Famicom games, but from what I recall, it would auto-save including the lives counter. Which kinda sucks when combined with one-hit death. So if it saves and you only have one life, one hit = game over. I think the SFC game only has manual saving. :)
And I have Masked Ninja Hanamaru, the Japanese game that got ROM-hacked to create the infamous NES game Yo! Noid.

Anybody know who or what "Chameleon Club" is? I saw this sticker on the back of another cart I bought (I think Dream Penguin Story), and I saw one on my Chack'n Pop. I thought maybe it was a store, but why would a store go to the effort of reprinting the entire standard FC game caution label?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

754. Posted:

I now regret my purchase of Megaman GB. >:[
The restore points would have been helpful and I'd have it on my 3DS, not a separate handheld. Oh well, still a fun game

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

755. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The restore points would have been helpful and I'd have it on my 3DS, not a separate handheld. Oh well, still a fun game

You can always sell it on Ebay.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

756. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You can always sell it on Ebay.

I'd like to beat it first. :P I'll probably keep it since it's not a bad game. I'm just a bit anoid I didn't wait a week and save a dollar. No big deal in the end I guess.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

757. Posted:

@Wave
Back From the Sewers looks rad but oh geez, I agree that the Turtles looked exactly as you so eloquently described and if that is the case I wouldn’t blame them. :) Also why do they have the same legs as the Foot Soldiers? Ah, it’s a Game Boy though game so I am ok with some minor shortcuts here and there.

I have a first edition Genesis so thanks for finding that component cable. I only have Bloodlines though for it so I don’t really play it all that much. To many NES and SNES games along with an occasional Wii or PS3 game mixed in but I would like to get Strider, Contra Hard Corps, and TMNT Hyperstone Heist for the Geni further down the old yellow brick road and I might just have to pick that up then. It is interesting how new versions of systems lose features; look at the NES, the toploader went RF only and lost the component cable outputs. S-Video you say for SNES? Looked at some youtube vids real quick and I might just have to order a new cable. :) Is that how you’re SNES is hooked up, which cable you using?

You are going to wind up convincing me to get an unnecessary but quality CRT someday you know that right? Haha… Yeah, I will want to upgrade my TV when I get a Wii U and I don’t want to hook my retro consoles up to whatever my next slick TV will be either. My grandma still has the furniture style woody CRT TV. That sucker wasn’t working for like 2 years then one day it just fired up. She’s old and turned it on by accident and it started working again! I am going to make sure that this Christmas my cousin’s and I will be watching Pee Wee’s Christmas Special on VHS on that antique like we used too as kiddo’s. :) So did you transfer your NES back and forth between your house and your aunt’s? Every house had a NES in my neighborhood so there was no problem finding one to play on!

I know what you mean about budgets, trying to save, taking a break from buying things but I always find myself parusing the web and buying some sort of game ;) Most of the time I am not looking for a particular game but instead searching around until I find something for a price I like. I have such a backlog but to me it’s more than just getting the games to play but it’s also about collecting and having something physical and to hopefully pass on to Ryan Jr’s someday! :)

Glad to hear the SNES controller refurb. Kit works as well as a freshly pumped up pair of Reebok Pumps! I need to get that kit because man, I was playing some Super Street Fighter II and I could not even pull off Ryu’s Shouryuken consistently to save my life! I like to think its my controller at least ;) Speaking of Street Fighter II, I forgot how awesome Guiles Theme is! This song is so universal and I just think it would go with any game and even any real life situation; preparing for a boxing match, surfing some killer waves, checking out a library book, midnight run’s to 7-11, extracurriculars with the ladies etc...

I didn’t fiddle around too much with Karnovski yet, just made sure it worked (what NES game doesn't work after a little Windex and a q-tip?) because I am still working on a certain little bugger that I hope to have completed pretty soon along with a review. ;)

Oh, and I just want to give you a head’s up that I will be MIA starting Friday for a week and I didn’t want you to think I finally succeeded in my quest of finding Doc’s DeLorean and went back to the 80’s without ya! :p

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

758. Posted:

I was able to pick up Dr. Wily's Revenge and III when GameStop was clearing out the classic Game Boy games.
I later eventually paid the ebay rate of nearly $30 to get a IV cart, about the limit of what I'd spend for a loose GB cart. (but of course, only if it's a hard to find game)
So I ended up getting a Rockman World 5 cart to save some cash.
I'm finding II is perhaps not as cheap and unwanted as I thought. I can probably get a cart, but complete might cost a bit (surprising, since the first two were even re-released as Player's Choice games).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

759. Posted:

So here we have a great example of me seeing what is happening on Ebay and not being able to control myself. Haha! :) $13.00 with free shipping, this is must have for NES collections right? I heard this was like one of the greatest games of all time and Super Mario Bros. 3 was greatly inspired by this. :p If I remember correctly the proper way to clean LJN games is with cheeseburger juice? How To Clean a NES Game.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

760. Posted:

I'm tempted to buy this,Untitled
but how much do you guys think it would end up going for. I know they are rare and it is in good condition.Any ideas , I really want it :D.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140606037877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:...

What's this bit for again?