Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 741 to 760 of 4,850

KingMike

Why have I unintentionally bought "scary" games lately? After getting Porky as mentioned, I also ordered Haunting Starring Polterguy for Genesis (complete ex-rental copy) and Gremlins 2 for NES. And also Journey to Silius, which as we know was originally going to be a Terminator game. Both NES games loose. Is it just me or has Silius' value gone up a bit lately. Sure I could've easily gotten that for a few bucks last year but didn't. Now it's over $10.

KingMike

SuperToad

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Bought a clear black N64 controller! Now I got 4.
GOLDENEYE PARTY AT MY PLACE.

Or Mario Party, the whole screen is shared.

SuperToad

SPEtheridge

just bought a RE 4 branded GC and bunch of games for it, also got a load of N64 games, found myself a gold cart Ocarina in charity shop for couple of quid which was a bonus.

"We've Got Hostiles"

MetroidMasher17

I found a Limited Edition Toys R Us N64 in the box along with Tetris, Donkey Kong Land III, and Pokémon Yellow, all in amazing condition.

For five dollars. I are basking in my win!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

Untitled
an intense overhead shooter with bizarre music for the Sega Genny.
great cutscenes as well
i would suggest anyone with a Genesis to get this game.
i used to rent it back in the day and got tired of thinking about it.
this is another OGO recommend!

Well, if the Duke of Retroland, OGO himself recommends this its must be good! I am trying to put off my Genesis collecting until down the road but somehow Ryno Ryan’s Genesis wish list keeps on growing!

KingMike wrote:

Why have I unintentionally bought "scary" games lately? After getting Porky as mentioned, I also ordered Haunting Starring Polterguy for Genesis (complete ex-rental copy) and Gremlins 2 for NES. And also Journey to Silius, which as we know was originally going to be a Terminator game. Both NES games loose. Is it just me or has Silius' value gone up a bit lately. Sure I could've easily gotten that for a few bucks last year but didn't. Now it's over $10.

@KingMike: You love your kiddy classics huh? Haunting Starring Polterguy, never heard of it but looked into it a little bit and it looks like a fun little game. I definitely want Gremlins 2 for the NES, I loved that cute fuzzy furball Gizmo during the 80’s. I remember that the music to level 1 was great and I am sure the otherr levels music was as well. Sunsoft was definitely right right along Nintendo, Konami, and Capcom as some of the best 8-bit music masters as demonstrated in their games like Gremlins 2, Blaster Master, Journey to Silius, and Batman.

Silius value has gone up lately I have noticed. In fact I think a lot of retro games are going up in crazy prices. Now is a popular time to collect retro games. I watched this complete mint condition copy of Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest (black seal and all inserts included) go for $103 kid you not! During the same time I saw a copy of Metroid (silver copy but manual cover was beat up and was not a 5-screw or hang tab box) go over $132.00! Krazy with a K times indeed.

WaveBoy wrote:

SBCG4AP wrote:

Just downloaded Super Metroid for my Wii and I'm going through it for the first time. (Curse you Metroid Prime Trilogy for causing me to get interested in this series!!)

I seriously need to play Super Metroid this month! I already downloaded it, it's just a matter of getting my mother brain on.
Now THAT is the real Mother Brain, you heard me! This is the Evil tranny-like glob of evil bug eyed brain goo with trashy Granny stripper lips that i grew up with.lol Amazing cartoon!

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@KingMike
I got my copy of Silius with double dragon for $5.50. So I got my copy for $2.75. (Yes, on eBay.)

So how's Journy to SillyWillyUs? Another semi obscure gem i totaly need to check out some day. The soundtrack alone is just amazing in a mechanical Brooding sort of way.

@WaveBoy: Cap’N and the Game Master was such an incredible show. It is right up there with Steamboat Willie in terms of classics in my expert opinion. Oh and play Super Metroid otherwise the spirit of Halloween is going to leave you with only tricks and no treats!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

So much people like to downplay Gaiden III because it feels like a bit of a departure gameplay wise when compared to I and II, plus it's much harder and then there's the limited continue scenario plus the soundtrack isn't quite up to awesomeness as the first 2 either. But i had a fantastic time with this one, and it will completely put you on your toes 2x if not more than the first 2. Ryu's jumping is floatier and now you can actually climb up the walls instead of the constant left to right wall jumping, which may go either way for most people.
Anyways! RadicalRyno if you can beat NGIII you are a TRUE Ninja princess indeed! I've beaten it, and it was one of the greatest(If not thee', as of late)NES victory for me ever. The most intense Final boss battle ever, i was literally dripping with gaiden sweat, to the point where my controller was about to fly off my hands like a gooey Michaelangelo Nun chuck! Ok maybe not, but holy hell what a victory!
But yup! Awesome buy! I only have the first Ninja Gaiden in Cartridge form. But What I'm craven right now even though i don't exactly have the space cash is Little Nemo the Dream Master CIB hehe.

In Ninja Gaiden II can you climb up the walls as well? Cannot remember as I only really just tried the Game Pak out when I got it to make sure it worked.

Confession time, I have yet to beat #1 because I cannot get past THE spot (1:05 in the video) on 6-2. I am tempted to download it on VC so I can just Suspend myself at that level so I can then just pick it up and play from there.

So yeah I don’t know when I will take on III or II. I feel like I have pass the first, to graduate and move on. Oh well at least the three will look good in my collection until I finally get around to them.

Definitely highest of Ninja honors to you for defeating the Ancient Ship of Doom. There probably are not too many people out there that can claim that! Maybe just you and Master Splinter actually...

So you are Wes Craven some Little Nemo huh? I never played that but it does look like another Capcom Master hit! Anytime a game has Master its a sure fiire can't-miss type of game. Man that Capcom Craze Club was really really crazy rollin’ during ‘88-92.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Gremlins 2 is a good little one...also for those who havent played Little Nemo you need to! its hard but its fun as heck. i got my copy for pretty cheap

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Well, I just watched some youtube video of Porky, and was like "wow, that's creepier than I'd have expected." Since it was only a few bucks, I figured why not.
I also got an SNES game lot specifically for Earthworm Jim. Good game, though I think when I played it as a kid I think I got stuck at the sub level.
I guess along that same line, I got another game with a much more narrowly focused sense of humer... BOOGER!!
I know the Genesis version is available on VC (and the actual Genesis cart can be had for about the same price), but I recall the SNES version was a little different game, and I need my nostalgia feeling to get kicked in the face (even if that means paying the higher price the SNES commands, which seems to be about $20 on the low end).
(oh yes... my nostalgia was beaten when I last played Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage. Kinda frustrating, I guess I somehow enjoyed it as a kid or because I was too impressed with the graphics and animation, which I recall were fairly good when it was released. Or because I really wanted to play Bugs.)

KingMike

Late

I bought some retro yesterday.

1. SNES + 2 Controllers + Cables + 4 games

• All this bought from my friend for 50€
  • Console seems to be in very good condition and works perfectly
  • Games are: Super Mario All-Stars, Winter Gold, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Spider-Man And The X-Men In Arcades Revenge
  • Unfortunately he didn't have any of the boxes or manuals anymore

Picture of SNES:
http://i56.tinypic.com/zof2w3.mpo

2. GBA SP + Charger + 2 games

• Bought from another friend for 30€
  • The console seems to have little scratches on the outside but when opened the inside is almost in perfect condition, works perfectly
  • I've bought Pokémon Ruby and The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap from same person before for 13€.
  • These two games were Pokémon Red and Batman Begins
  • Only Pokémon Red had the box, no manuals

Pictures of GBA SP:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ia53px.mpo
http://i52.tinypic.com/149tqmd.mpo

Images are taken with 3DS camera and are mpo files so you can also take a look in 3D

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ryno

I just got this one today. Though there are probably more copies of this NES game in the world than any other the nice added touch with this in particular is the inclusion of the Super Mario Bros. 3 poster/game advertisement.

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

had to get me a Untitled for Splatterhouse 3 i cant beat the last level for nothing! i get to the end and i fail...its lame i know, but im going to have to resort to cheating to beat this game in order to move on to my next game

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Xkhaoz

A standard grey Nintendo 64(free, no cords, expansion pack), a clear purple N64 controller (free, stick was broken, but fixed it), and an N64 AC adapter ($5). And I'm probably going to get some games soon, most likely GoldenEye and stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

MetroidMasher17

@Ryno Brings back memories of the time I tried in vain to get that game to play on my less than responsive NES. Good thing I've fixed it since then...I would've missed out on so many games!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

had to get me a Untitled for Splatterhouse 3 i cant beat the last level for nothing! i get to the end and i fail...its lame i know, but im going to have to resort to cheating to beat this game in order to move on to my next game

All I got to say is WTF man? Its that hard?

@Retro: Suprised you have not got SMB 2 or 3 yet!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

I just recently got this nice little bomb diggity piece for the old NES collection. Never played a Bomberman before though. The cover looks pretty rad, "Bomb!"

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic