Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 721 to 740 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

721. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

OMG Waveboy that is freakin sweeeeeeet. If I had any room left on my walls I would get that in a flash. How much did that cost ya if you dont mind me asking?

I know hey? :D
And i think you should just make some room for it haha. It comes in either 16' x 21' which goes for C $21 + $18 for Shipping, or the much larger 32' x 42' going for C $26 plus $18 for shipping. Yet you'd think they'd have a size in between that. :p
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Legend-Zelda-Cartoon-Poster-Fabric-16-...

And maybe Ryno might like a little retro CastleV Scroll action as well. lol
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

722. Posted:

@Waveboy: Truthfully that Zelda one would look sweet next my other Zelda wallscroll. One of Link riding Epona with the sunset behind him.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

723. Posted:

Whaaa? Dude, those are incredible!!! :O

I'd so get one right now, but I've just gotten a few Retro games and had to put in a Disc order for a couple disc replacements for a Disc Golf Tournament I'm playing in next week, so I've spent enough this week already. Those are awesome though. Great find dude!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Ludwig

724. Posted:

GameBoy pocket in silver gone in the mail for me today, seems to be in excellent condition, cost me 15eur. Well, i thought the guy was mental and is selling a GB Light, turns out i should have given it a 2. look, but on the other hand 15eur for a GB pocket in good condition isn't bad either. Still looking for another GB Light though.

Congrats on the Zelda thingy btw.

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

725. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Whaaa? Dude, those are incredible!!! :O

I'd so get one right now, but I've just gotten a few Retro games and had to put in a Disc order for a couple disc replacements for a Disc Golf Tournament I'm playing in next week, so I've spent enough this week already. Those are awesome though. Great find dude!

Thanks man!
And ahhh, bummer! :p Then again, what's another $40? hehe. But at the same time, it all adds up.
Hopefully when it arrives next week it will look just as good as it does in the description photo. There's nothing worse than blowing your wad on an eBay item weather it's a poster/painting(for ex) and getting something that looks a bit different in the mail.

Like the colors being dull, drab and not so colorful in comparison to the actual description photo they have up online....That's my teeny weeny fear.lol eek!

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

726. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

OMG Waveboy that is freakin sweeeeeeet. If I had any room left on my walls I would get that in a flash. How much did that cost ya if you dont mind me asking?

I know hey? :D
And i think you should just make some room for it haha. It comes in either 16' x 21' which goes for C $21 + $18 for Shipping, or the much larger 32' x 42' going for C $26 plus $18 for shipping. Yet you'd think they'd have a size in between that. :p
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Legend-Zelda-Cartoon-Poster-Fabric-16-...
And maybe Ryno might like a little retro CastleV Scroll action as well. lol
Untitled

Yes indeed, I would like the classic whip scroll. If there ever was something that defined that term that is it! That image is legendary, well for me anyway. Unfortunately though, I don’t think my wife would agree with me on how totally awesome it looks. Haha… Since we live in a 2 bedroom condo now might not be the right time but, when we get a house and I have my room, retro inspired NES and SNES will be part of the décor.

I just did a search for Metroid and that dude's ebay shop and oh man... I am glad no one from work walked by! Anime infused Samus with a hint of perv is not my cup of tea.

But the Zelda scroll is cool no doubt as it captures the essence of the magic of 80’s cartoons. Do take a real picture once you get it and show us. I want a Triforce belt buckle like Zelda has. Would that be to cosplay geeky?

Edited on by theblackdragon

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

727. Posted:

Oh man, look what I just recently found stored away at my parents house!

Untitled

The NES Advantage! I was contemplating buying one of these oh so sweet and tangy slices of the original NES accesory pie but it just kinda appeared after being stored away like a pork chop in Draculas castle! Cosmetically it looks good except for "yellowing" of the buttons on the right side (1 or 2 Player, Start, Select, Slow). The "B" button sometimes get stuck in its grove like it gets caught under the lip. I wonder if putting some a small amount of some type of lube would help alleviate this bit of a bummer. I tried this out on TMNT II The Arcade Game and it was like I was at the arcade again. All that was missing was the girls with the perms and the bangs watching :p

Ok, so now on to the purchase...
Untitled
A complete copy of Karnov for the NES and I am excited because there are not to many complete copies out there especially in this condition and with that addtional insert! How many of you played as this fire breathing Russian circus act as he battles all kinds of crazy creations like dino's, gargoyles, and rock men as a kid? I did, mainly because it had dinosaurs in it. I flippin' loved dinosaurs as a kid and a game with dinosaurs was DINO-mite to me!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ocarinaoftime

728. Posted:

I dont no if its considered retro but i got a retron 3.... It plays nes snes and sega geniesis games plus it can play super famicom and sega mega drive(i think thats what the genisis import games are called ) im having a blast playin contra nes mk2 snes and rocket knight adveures for the genies plus other great games...

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage

ogo79

729. Posted:

@Ryno
my mom bought Karnov for me back in the days. its pretty good, i think we got it for like 10$ brand new lol
@ocarinaoftime
i got a couple of those retrons myself, i use them sometimes instead of my top loading nes, mini snes and genesis 3 to save on wear and tear

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

730. Posted:

Found an old play it loud! gameboy at a car boot sale for 1.50. Mario land 1 came with it. Also my dad gave me a GBC and 5 GB games, loving them all!

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

m-wasi

731. Posted:

Ok, so now on to the purchase...
Untitled
A complete copy of Karnov for the NES and I am excited because there are not to many complete copies out there especially in this condition and with that addtional insert! How many of you played as this fire breathing Russian circus act as he battles all kinds of crazy creations like dino's, gargoyles, and rock men as a kid? I did, mainly because it had dinosaurs in it. I flippin' loved dinosaurs as a kid and a game with dinosaurs was DINO-mite to me!

[/quote]

Duuude! Finally someone mentions Karnov, one of the greatest NES games of all time! I used to rent this as a kid at the ol' video rental store (sadly are becoming more scarce now that Blockbuster is gone). A couple of years ago I found it at a local flea market and had to pick it up. The final boss was crazy hard. I remember having to plug in my Game Genie to beat the bastard. Great purchase, congrats!

What's craka lakin?

Nintendo Network ID: Wasi99

AuthorMessage

Collz

732. Posted:

I just picked up Warioland 4, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Nightmare in dreamland & Mario Vs Donkey Kong for GBA, all od which I missed the first time around. (looking forward to some good gaming, while my 3DS gathers dust)

Collz

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

733. Posted:

Wow I missed alot since I started school lol,

@Ryno nice find there with the NES advantage there. Reminds me when I went into my parents storage shed last year looking for camping supplys and I found my old Genesis tucked neat away with the camping dinner ware lol.

@ocarinaoftime: Megadrive it the "real" name for the Genesis. Sega changed it to Genesis for North America due to a trademark dispute. I looked into the Retron 3 but I heard that some games wont play in it. Let me know if you run into any of those problems.

@m-wasi: Blockbuster is still around they are now owned by Dish Network and ever rent game and movies through the mail.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

734. Posted:

A completely sealed Tamagotchi GB cartridge.

I had to open it though, to see if it was original. It is.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

735. Posted:

@Ryno
Haha. Ya i checked out that Sellers Metroid Poster collection too, and it's pretty weak sauce....There's no Retro based Metroid Poster in site....It's mostly Anime-Samus with her Butt busting out in full force as if she's posing for King Koopa's & Fry Guys' Daily Mushroom Kingdom Half-Nudey magazine.

And i bet you'll be extremely pumped when your Retro Room finally comes to life. B-) With me, I think Nes gaming on a 27" Tube CRT using Composite cables(forget that crappy RF switch, or whatever you call it.lol) while brightining up the TV Color is the best way to fly. But I've only got a 32" FlatScreen Full screen Tube CRT and while it's awesome for Wii games and the like, it just seems a smidge too big for Nes games...But, that's the way i gotta roll for now. :p

And great buy on the NES Advantage, I sooo neeed to get one of those for TMNT II! Make sure you bolt the thing down somehow on a super heavy platform though.lol There's nothing worse then using a light arcade stick that flops around while you use it. :p And I've never even heard of Karnov before, i checked out a video of it on yourtube and visually it mildy remindes me of Rygar, but I hate Rygar. :p Karnov > Rygar and I haven't even played it yet, plus the BoxArt is pretty rad haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tails

736. Posted:

A copy of Terranigma for the Super Famicom. Found it online for a great price on Ebay and i gotta say i love the game. I just wish i knew one of the true reasons (other than the money because we all know its all about "The money") Why did it not ever come to NA? Any who its great and loving it like crazy. Also purchased Gyruss from the XboxLive Gameroom which is also awesomesauce.

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

737. Posted:

@Waveboy Dude, let us know what you think when it does finally arrive. ;)

@Ryno Nice find! All you need now is a stack of quarters and enough friends over to create a waiting line and it'll be like the arcades all over again. OK, I'm about to be really nostalgic I know, but I really do miss those days. I just spent 7-nights in a resort in the Animal Kingdom in Disney World and our resort had an awesome arcade tucked away inside it. Every chance I got at night/mornings I was slipping off to the arcade to try and set the high score on the new Tron Legacy pinball table. There is just nothing like being in an arcade - especially when you love pinball. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

KingMike

738. Posted:

Terranigma didn't come out because Enix America closed.
It was planned, along with 7th Saga 2 (Mystic Ark), Dragon Quest VI (though considering I saw mail-order companies taking pre-orders for DQV as late at 1995 and it still didn't come out, gotta wonder about the odds of DQVI making it, especially so late in the SNES' lifespan) and Tactics Ogre. Not sure if they were planning to call it Genesis, like NoA did once in a NP preview.
Yes, I would've loved to play Genesis on my Super Nintendo. :)

My latest purchase? Jackal for NES and Heavy Barrel for NES.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

739. Posted:

i just ordered Castlevania SOTN sealed brand new for ps1
its a shame cuz i owned this game like 3 times already
and today my Mr. Gimmick! came in!
and @KingMike Heavy Barrel is a fine game i got that myself

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

740. Posted:

I ordered something that is retro and yet is not retro.
The Game & Watch Ball reissue.
It's kind of in a grey area...
But, yeah, 1,200 coins spent!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64