Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 701 to 720 of 3,348

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

701. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy on the Beaufort Scale I give you a solid 9 on your lastest retro spree. I remember trying to play Back to the Future as a kid though unfortuantely that is about all I remember; just trying to play it. I do look forward to a review someday as I suspect it will receive the highest of WaveBoy Tsunami ratings. haha...not! B-) I hope the game has Biff. I love that rudeatude dude and especially his comment about Marty's "life preserver." haha... LGN will always live on as long as you are there to keep the dream alive. It is a definitely a dirty job but hey, someone has to do it. ;)

Do let me and the fellow Nintendo Lifer's know how the SNES controller refurb kit works out for you. I thought I was going to need that but during my latest fun-tastic romp with my SNES the controllers held up pretty admirably though I suspect with new rubbers it might be even tighter. And as always, I appreciate the kind words in regards to the review :)

I am not one to use headphones though I can appreciate there use (Metroid Prime Trilogy would be eargasm... errr.. amazing!). Someday I want to get a kick-butt rockin' surround sound stereo system not for movies but for video game music and sounds. Video game music is just Awesome Possum! I have more video game music songs downloaded on my phone than anything else.

I think it's going to be a while before I get around to fully playing Back to the Boobster. :p I guarantee Bif OR Doc are NOT in it. LJN are complete bafoonaified morons with the brain power of a brain dead Shy guy.lol Look at how unimaginitive and ridicuously dumb the A Nightmare on Elm Street game was.......The Dream world is open for so many possibilities including the slew of already set in stone brilliant crazy funked up and scary ideas from ANOES 1-3 and what do we get instead? Loly pop ghosts with stick arms, Frankensteins, Bats and giant Spiders...Ya, i don't remember those being in the film. The original idea from LJN had YOU the player control freddy killing kids in their dreams. Ya, apperantly that didn't go smoothly with the MPPA(whatever you call them.lol) and they axed that idea faster than a Noid scarfing down a double ultra cheese pepporini Domino's Pizza.lol :p

As for the bodacious SNES refurb kid, I'll definitly post my thoughts when i install those little radical blippin buttons. ;) Corbs actually recommended(if I remember) this particular kit off eBay, so I'm hoping for the best....eek! It's going to be awesome having a proper working and feeling D-Pad again.lol Mine's so squishy, loose and sloppy feeling. And yes, your review was fantastic. You should be writing for this site...No official review from this site comes close to matching the extremely detailed and styalised entertainmet that your reviews showcase. I'm talking Super Castlevania IV and Demon's Crest. Plus, they have a wicked splash of light hearted fun retro groovyness to them which makes them stand out and more interesting to read. ;)

And yup Ryan the DK Ryno, I actually have a 5.1 DTS Master HD surround system with a killer sub all using HDMI and Fibre Optical. The Wii may only pump out Dolby Pro Logic II which sucks compared to the PS3's Dolby Digital, while Bluray movies and some PS3 titles in DTS Master HD blow the lid off of even DD. :o Watching WALL-E on Bluray in DTS HD Master completely BLEW my mind.

Anyways, I've played with Super Mario Galaxy in 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic II and it's amazing how much more enjoyable it makes the game. I feel bad for anybody just using the sound from their TV sets because you're missing out on SOOOO much including the rocking bassy oomphy power of a sub woofer aside from the glorious 5 channels of sound. in SMG's Honey Hive Galaxy, for example, i'd walk past a grasshopper too my right and I'd hear him hopping and buzzing behind me-ish to my right in real life due to the Righ rear speaker. Even though it's just DPL II, it's awesome stuff! :D or hearing the shimmering water splash from a fountain behind you as you run past it ect ect, and so much more. It's like a 3D world of real sound right in your living room.

But sadly, i can't take advantage of my set up considering i don't own a house or have sound proof walls. I love to blast my shniz full force! :p But alas, i can't. So I either opt for 5.1 on low volume or go for 2 channel sound with my home theatre headphones and blast the volume as loud as i like. 5.1 beats it due to that fantastic realistic sound coming from all around you in different direction in real life including the power of the sub AND you don't have to wear headphones on your head.lol But a pair of awesome proffesional or Audophile headphones still offer one isolated fantastic brilliant sounding immersive experience.

Anyways, i totaly recommend right away that you get a SS system for your Wii/PS3 and just music in general. B-)
get a DTS Master/Dolby True HD 5.1-7.1 HDMI capable reciver, a 5.1-7.1 SS speaker system and Subwoofer with a fibre optical cable and you are so ready to rock. Positioning the Speakers in the right spots and direction is so important as well. Which is where Mounts are totaly useful.

Anyways get on it Rynoangelo!, you will be soooo happpy! B-) Once you hear the sound, you will NEVER use the sound from your TV again for modern gaming. Audio is just as important as the size of your TV and PQ. If you dont get that killer audio you're only getting half the experience. Metroid Prime 3 for example is 10x more engaging and immersive with the sound I'm talking about. With 5.1 it opens up a new world Audio-wise to gaming.

And yikes! look at that giant wall of bodaciously awesome text. :p What can I say, when I'm equiped with the Power Glove I type Road Runner Style while gulping down gallons and gallons of that oh so super sweet Ecto Cooler & mega munching on goopy TMNT Turtle pies. But with those 2 super powerful snacks combined my hair magicaly transforms into this lady killer of a blonde to black shimmering mullet. B-)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

702. Posted:

Freddy killing kids in their dreams? Pretty sure it was NoA, not the MPAA that would shoot down that idea. Or maybe it was going to be similar to the C64/DOS game, though I don't know if that's better.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

703. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Freddy killing kids in their dreams? Pretty sure it was NoA, not the MPAA that would shoot down that idea. Or maybe it was going to be similar to the C64/DOS game, though I don't know if that's better.

Some guy posted the screens(The only 2) online in a forum, but i can't find them. The graphics looked better than what we got, and what was shown was you as freddy inside a typical modern house with a blue hue(if I can remember) glazed over everything.

It would of been pretty damn interesting to see how their original idea turned out, but considering this is LJN it too would of been most likely crap, but better crap than what we got. And ya, NOA that's what I ment. :p

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

704. Posted:

Ahhh, Look what I found! B-) Here's the original ANOES game in all of it's glory.

And, apperantly there were two different Freddy games that were planned for the Genesis, along with another one for the SNES developed by Ocean. But sadly none of that happened.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

705. Posted:

That post was definitely more like a breaker there then compared to my ripple response Wavearoni. BUT, when you equip the Power Glove amazing things happen and speaking of the Glove, for which I got love, I just watched Angry Video Game Nerd’s review of the Power Glove at lunch. Oh man, I have not laughed that hard in such a long time either. Good stuff. Makes me want one though, if I am to have this supposed NES collection how could I not have the Power Glove right? I am sure you got one sitting next to your VHS copy of The Wizard huh? :p

Well I won’t hold my breath for a review of two of LJN’s finest then. The orig Elm Street game sounded cool, oh what could have been if NOA wasn’t all about being so nice. That was the time where kids were all about _hanging tough and heck, our parents thought video games were going to be our downfall anyway. I think I was to scared to play that game, I could not handle horror movies back then, haha… I remember even Ghosbusters scared me, I would go hide with my pound puppy. Sigourney Weaver was all kinda hot and freaky-deaky at the same time. :p
Untitled

Crap I totally lost all the text I wrote after this! What I was saying that I am off in la-la land when it comes to my audio. I got notta. So thank you for the advice. I would love to have an audio system that would make Kid n' Play's House Party jealous. :P I was looking for something to ask for for my wife and I Anniversary and now I have something, a DTS Master/Dolby True HD 5.1-7.1 HDMI capable reciver, a 5.1-7.1 SS speaker system! Haha... Thanks for the info on how to unleash some killer audio!

That time machine must be working if you picked up some Turtle Pies and Ecto Cooler! ;)

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

706. Posted:

I bought River City Ransom! :D $13.97 including shipping. I can't wait to play this game. The Scott Pilgrim game is heavily based on this and seeing as it's one of my top 5 favorite games ever I'm really looking forward to playing River City Ransom.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

707. Posted:

I know I just got a Virtual Boy and all, but I found a copy of Blaster Master for $5! [insert Samus Appearance Jingle] I gotta say, it's a really, really good game. Better even than...The Legend of Zelda!
...not really. But it is fun.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

708. Posted:

Resident Evil 3 and am looking for Code Veronica X

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

709. Posted:

River City Ransom came in the mail yesterday and I've been playing it in my oddly now rare spare time. I've only played it with my little brother. It's a lot of fun and I like it. BARF!!
Also great news:
I bought A Link to the Past!!! :D It still saves and it was free first class shipping. It should be here tomorrow if not Thursday for sure. I got it for $16.99. So happy. :)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

710. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

River City Ransom came in the mail yesterday and I've been playing it in my oddly now rare spare time. I've only played it with my little brother. It's a lot of fun and I like it. BARF!!
Also great news:
I bought A Link to the Past!!! :D It still saves and it was free first class shipping. It should be here tomorrow if not Thursday for sure. I got it for $16.99. So happy. :)

You know, I have never played River City Ransom, probably a shame too since I hear nothing but good things. I grew up playing Double Dragon so that series would be my first NES beat 'em up choice. Someday I suppose I will get around to getting a copy of River City Ransom.

A Link to the Past, now you are speaking my language. That is number 3 on the Dyno-Ryno off the video game charts list! Great purchase, you may want to think about replacing that battery before you embark on the magical quest through the light and dark world. That is the problem with buying these battery saved games used. you have no idea how much battery juice is left. But having to restart A Link to the Past if the old battery goes out certainly wouldn't be horrible becuase taht game is just to darn good. :)

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

711. Posted:

I went a totally different style of game for me but for $14.70 shipped i thought I would try it out.

Untitled

Heck, with Kirby's Return to Dream Land coming out soon and looking totally fun why not go back to Hal's roots and start with Adventure of Lolo on the NES? I didn't play to much of Lolo back in the day, actually only puzzler I played was Soloman's Key.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ludwig

712. Posted:

Expanded the collection by 11. List and justification.
Castelian - owned it before.
Maru's Mission - always wanted to try,
Brain Drain - never heard of it but i'm hoping for puzzles.
Jurassic park - mostly bought it because i hated it when i was young and want to see if it actually is that bad
Yoshi's Cookie - YOSHI!
Asterix + Obelix - i'm a huuuge fanboy of those.
Game + Watch - because i'm still mad for selling my original G+W's when i was 7
Tiny Toons - nostalgia
Alfred Chicken - got it for free.
Heiankyo Alien - recommendation
Mystic Quest - don't need to comment on that i guess.
Going to check them now for functionality now. :D The first is always the best of the month isn't it?

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

713. Posted:

Some SNES game, GBA games and added another GB Colour to my collection (the translucent purple one). :)

Let's see:
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Ages (GBC)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)
2 Star Wars Games for SNES
Couple of Genesis games, but I'd have to go look as I can't remember exactly which ones.
Mario Pinball GBA
Another copy of Pilotwings 64 ($5, couldn't resist)

Outside of digital downloads, I think that is about all of my last retro splurge. I did just find out about a new retro game store in my area, and I've got to make it down there and check it out soon.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

714. Posted:

I got:

Growlanser Generations (PS2) - A Strategy RPG with Character designs from my second favorite character designer.
Shining Tears (PS2) - A Shining game that's kinda like Record of Lodoss War.
Sub-Terrian (GEN) - a unique and brutally hard shooter.
NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (GEN) - The definitive edition of a childhood favorite.
Sonic Battle (GBA) - From what I hear it's Super Smash Bros with Sonic Characters and an Isometric view.

All in good condition for under $40 total.

A lot of games I had been looking for for a long time.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

715. Posted:

i just got Mr. Gimmick!
yes!

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

716. Posted:

Just made a big WayForward retro purchase:

• Sabrina: The Animated Series: ZAPPED! (GBC)
  • Sabrina: The Animated Series: SPOOKED! (GBC)
  • Xtreme Sports (GBC)
  • The Scorpion King: Sword of Osiris (GBA)

Also threw in an awesome Disney classic as well:

• Mickeys Adventure Racing (GBC)

All of these, with shipping, was less than USD$22!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CapedGodot

717. Posted:

I recently got Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission (GBA), as well as Wario Land 3 for GBC. Fusion was 5 USD, Zero Mission was 10, and Wario land 3 was 8. All of them were totally worth it.

CapedGodot

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

718. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Also great news:

You know, I have never played River City Ransom, probably a shame too since I hear nothing but good things. I grew up playing Double Dragon so that series would be my first NES beat 'em up choice. Someday I suppose I will get around to getting a copy of River City Ransom.

A Link to the Past, now you are speaking my language. That is number 3 on the Dyno-Ryno off the video game charts list! Great purchase, you may want to think about replacing that battery before you embark on the magical quest through the light and dark world. That is the problem with buying these battery saved games used. you have no idea how much battery juice is left. But having to restart A Link to the Past if the old battery goes out certainly wouldn't be horrible becuase taht game is just to darn good. :)

River City Ransom is the Side scrolling beat'em up NES game for me. It's fun and combines the beat'em up genre with RPG elements. It's really entertaining in single player and multiplayer. I haven't played Double Dragon in forever. Once I'm done with River City I'll look into getting it.
The save battery seems fine in my copy of ALTTP. The seller replaced it so I don't have to worry. I'm more worried about replacing it when it does run out. I know how to, but I'm just so nervous I'll wreck the game, lol. It's a great game so far though. Really enjoying it.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

719. Posted:

WoAaAaAaAaAaAa!!! I had my eyes on this pricey beautay' for quite a while now and i finally decided to throw down the Space cash on this mega 80's whimsical beast of a monster.

It's a massive 32" x 42" Legend of Zelda 80's Cartoon: Fabric Scroll Poster. B-) And i definitly won't be using those lame hangers. :p

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

720. Posted:

OMG Waveboy that is freakin sweeeeeeet. If I had any room left on my walls I would get that in a flash. How much did that cost ya if you dont mind me asking?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311