Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 701 to 720 of 4,850

ogo79

DD 2 for nes is the best in my opinion

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Terave

Resident Evil for the GCN. I'm curious to this one.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

MetroidMasher17

Bought VB Wario Land and Red Alarm in one go.
[insert item obtainment jinge from Metroid Prime]

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno
Awesome buys regarding Friday the 13th & Double Dragon!...Not to mention I already have those two CIB which makes those two purchases extra shy guy supreme! You should defiintly whip out FT13th for this Halloween...The in game Map will make your brain bleed pink mega pixels out of pure Jason-fied splatter faced frustration, but man...when you enter those dark blue indoor cabins with the faceless kids staring back at you with this iconic track playing, it's enough to give you summer camp 8-bit ghoulish goosebumps. Brings back some crazy memories! I'll admit, A NIghtmare on Elm Street was maybe the better game of the two LJN Stinkers, but for some reason FT13th just stands out more....instead of ANOES which seems like some crappy generic haunted house game with Freddy Krueger thrown in so us kids would weez' out the lawn moying/news paper delivering CashOla.

And ya, I actually had to keep shifting my NES from my house to my aunts. But holy hell, you're totaly right about everybody in the neighbourhood practically having an NES, it was so universal and common. I remember playing Punch-Out!! & duking it out against Glass Joe at some random crazy 30 something year old dudes house across the street for kicks, along with Bubble Bobble and the like. All of my friends and their Friends had the Nes ect ect. Nintendo Ruled the world, and just about everyone had one of them.

And yes, you totaly need to pick up a 23" - 27" CRT for your retro gaming needs! I mean I don't mind playing Nes games through the Wii's VC on an HDTV if the input lag isn't noticable, but when it comes to the retro consoles, the tv's just gotta be retro to match.

Oh and how was the trip btw!? Didn't you mention earlier that you were going to Jamaicai to visit Tee Jay?lol
Ya, i bet that's you in the lime green outfit jamming to the tunes and dancing around in the background.lol

Also, definitly look into getting those SNES refurb buttons, it makes ALL the difference!
It's guaranteed to get you more pumped to track down and play those SNES classics that you totaly crave and love. The buttons on my SNES controller before were incredibly squishy and sloppy...The inner tact-buttons get worn out with age big time, so it's ideal to get those puppies replaced pronto!...Even if it takes quite a while waiting for them to arrive from Kangaroo's ville Austrailia.

Thanks Waveboy. I never played Friday the 13th back in the day unlike Double Dragon so Friday the 13th fell in the category of a game I better get or Wave is going to send Master Splinter after me. I don’t remember exactly why I didn’t have much history with it? Maybe the kids in my ‘hood were to smart not to plunk down the hard earned cash on it. I am going to be playing some of that along with Castlevania III over the next spooktacular month of October. The Cabin Theme _is so classic NES and I can’t wait to be all slackjawed while trying to decipher the infamous map. Never played A Nightmare on Elm Street, I am sure I can get that one ala elcheapo!

Oh man, that comment about being at some random dude’s house playing NES made me laugh. Just picturing how easy it would have been for all the creepy perverts who like little kiddies to lure kids in with a NES, some Ecto-Cooler, and some Bon Bons.

Yeah, I now know I need to get a CRT. If I want to play with R.O.B., the Zapper, and Super Scope, I need it among just the overall unbeatable presentation. What the latest update on your TV situation?

My trip was good, Jamaica is a beautiful place. I enjoyed 3 out of the 4 R’s Jamaica has to offer including relaxing, reggae, and rum. Didn’t mess with the reefer, coral _reefs though yes.

YES! That was me in the lime green outfit! What you didn’t see was that I went up to Tee Jay told him Guile's theme is way better and then Ryno-Punched him cold. Then his Rastafarian buddies started coming toward me to so I went all Marty McFly and hoverboarded my ass on out of there.

Speaking of controllers, you know what is amazing, at least to me anyway is how incredible the original NES controller buttons feel. Even after nearly 25 years later they are tighter than Samus’s Zero Suit! I will be reviving the SNES controllers soon. I need to do something about my Genesis controllers too, when I ordered my Genesis for $10 I got a semi-busted Sega controller and a bogey that works but its not original.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Oh man, that comment about being at some random dude’s house playing NES made me laugh. Just picturing how easy it would have been for all the creepy perverts who like little kiddies to lure kids in with a NES, some Ecto-Cooler, and some Bon Bons.

lol wow.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MetroidMasher17

I can sincerely say that after having received and played VB Wario Land, that game is a reason to buy a Virtual Boy. It's that good.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

The ever so latest addtion to Ryno's retro collection is a rather safe choice. I actually still have the gold game pak originally from when I was a sweet child of the 80's however some of the gold is chipped off the cartridge and it is the newer white Nintendo Quality of Assurance seal. I also do not have the manual, box or the map so the game just felt incomplete to my fastidious self especially when compared to my other NES games so that is why I got this 1st edtion of The Legend of Zelda complete.

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

just ordered:
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

@Ryno: Holy S***!!! Now thats a retro purchase. CIB too. I have to say you have made some great purchases but that is probably the best I have seen. I dont know what else to say its that damn good.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HandheldGuru97

A yellow Gameboy Color for $15 and Tetris (Gameboy) for $5.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Holy S***!!! Now thats a retro purchase. CIB too. I have to say you have made some great purchases but that is probably the best I have seen. I dont know what else to say its that damn good.

Thanks Tasuki, I take it you are a big old school Zelda fan I am looking forward to finally beating the The Legend of Zelda.

@oldgamesonly: Never played Castlevania Chronicles but I need to get that to add to my Castlevania collection.

@Retro_on_theGo: I have no idea what you are talking about about with VVVVVV. haha..

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: Oh yeah Zelda is one of my favorite series. I have The Legend of Zelda. Zelda 2, and Ocarina of time all in the Gold edition. The only one that wasnt CIB was The Legend of Zelda cause I got that one at Goodwill for 3 bucks a few years ago. Sadly I can say I have never beat The Legend of Zelda all the way I'd get half way through the second quest and I would get bored of it or another game would come up. Maybe one of these days I will beat it lol.

My Backlog

Retro_on_theGo

Alright, one of my best days of retro purchases today!
I bought Double Drangon and Journey to Silius for only $5.50! With shipping it was only $8.49. I can't wait to play both. Journey to Silius is such an underrated classic and Double Dragon is timeless. Although River City Ransome is my favorite beat'em up on the nes DD is great too.
I also bought.... Goldeneye 007 for the N64 CIB! Only $14, $17 with shipping. There were a few better deals but I got out bid on one and the other turned out to have stickers on the back of the cartridge. Overall great day for retro collecting.
I'm gonna head to the flea market and get 2 N64 controllers. I remember seeing some with good analogue sticks. Then I'll invite people over and have a 64 party! smash bros. and Goldeneye! Oh yeaaah.

Tasuki

@Retro: Nice purchases there as well. I remember seeing Journey to Silius back in the day on the shelf of my local video store but I never did rent it. I heard a rumor a while ago that it was suppose to be a game based on the first Terminator movie but at the last minute the Terminator licenses was pulled from it.

I have to agree with you on RCR and DD. RCR was always my favorite beat em up on the NES with DD coming in a close second. It cracks me up still to this day when in RCR you fight the twins in the school and they have the DD theme in the background a nice little nod there to DD.

Let me know when you have that GoldenEye party and I will be right over with the bean dip

My Backlog

EvilRegal

oldgamesonly wrote:

just ordered:
Untitled

If you're an old school Castlevania fan, you'll love it! Plays like the NES Castlevanias, with 16-bit style graphics, and some incredible music! Tough-as-nails later on (especially original mode). Very underrated for being as good as it is (almost never mentioned, actually). Maybe because it was more of a limited release. It's definitely one of my favorite Castlevanias! Enjoy!

@Ryno
God, I loved that map that came with The Legend of Zelda. Indispensable when you're starting the game! And I loved the blank top corners of the map. Made it so suspenseful, wondering what was so important up there that they couldn't show it! My 23+ year old map was in tatters last I saw it, held together by tape. May've dissolved by now... God, why, WHY don't they include things like that with games anymore? Yeah, I know, I know. Money. Doesn't make it right though.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Retro_on_theGo

@Tasuki
Yeah, Sunsoft originally had the terminator license but lost it last minute to...LJN. /shudders
The game was pretty much finished though so they thought it would be a waste to just forget about the game. So they changed the main character got rid of the terminator parts and made Journey to Silius. It's a shame people are dumb enough to take away a movie game license and give it to LJN.

@Ryno
VVVVVV is a great indie game!
I don't blame you for not knowing about it. It's a game where you don't jump. You control gravity to walk on the floor or ceiling. You use the shift in gravity to get past obstacles. It has some awesome chip tune music and it has an exploration element a bit like Metroid. It's coming to the eShop so if you ever get a 3DS you should definitely buy it! You can also buy it in The Humble Indie Bundle but I'd get it for the 3DS just for the actual buttons.

Ryno

FluttershyGuy wrote:

@Ryno
God, I loved that map that came with The Legend of Zelda. Indispensable when you're starting the game! And I loved the blank top corners of the map. Made it so suspenseful, wondering what was so important up there that they couldn't show it! My 23+ year old map was in tatters last I saw it, held together by tape. May've dissolved by now... God, why, WHY don't they include things like that with games anymore? Yeah, I know, I know. Money. Doesn't make it right though.

@FluttershyGuy: Yeah I am looking forward to that map and using it because I have not played The Legend of Zelda in years! I used to be content with just the game, box, and manual now I want to collect all the cool and fun additional inserts like groovy maps and funky enemy charts. Sorry to hear about your copy, at least you got some good use out of it though! You are most definitely right, before the Internet the pack-in maps and guides were indespensible. I know all my Dragon Warrior bonus guides and maps were and they are still in decent condition. Some new games still include maps though for example Red Dead Redemption but it is nowhere near the same level as The Legend of Zelda. I still need to get the A Link to the Past map.

@Tasuki: You going to complete your copy of The Legend of Zelda sometime? I am looking forward to getting to and taking on taht 2nd quest someday. Heard it was a good challenge!

@Retro_on_theGo: VVVVVV sounds like an interesting game and if I ever get a 3DS (to use athe ctual buttons of course ) I would be interested in looking into it some more. Nice purchase on Double Dragon and Journey to Silius. I recently got Double Dragon and might be playing that tonight Let me know how Journey to Silius is, I keep an occasional eye out for that one. Oh and Goldeneye N64 -nice. If I had a N64 I would be right there with you on picking that up CIB

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

I feel like there's going to be some spooky Retro Halloween purchases in the bat infested goulish future for this Halloween October. Anybody else gearnig up for some Horror Retro loving just in time for Halloween?

I swear that Waveboy is psychic! Boy oh boy do I have some spooky retro Halloween purchases!

First up is my most favorite game ever! It has taken me to long to actually get this one (have it on VC and rented it as a kid never actually owned it). As Waveboy mentioned the guano from the bat infested future has been my biggest hurdle but I have come through unharmed for the most part. This copy is the "Made in Japan" version not that lame Majesco B&W manual and cheaper cartridge release. Also included with it is that oh-so important poster which will be great for our upcoming most excellent Castlevania themed Halloween party!

Untitled

But I am not done yet with my Halloween spooky theme retro games. I also got this one in some sweet near mint condition with all the inserts! Never played this but the spooky skeleton/grim reaper just gives me 8-bit goosebumps! Looking forward to this little clicker.

Untitled

Here is a shot of the awesome grim reaper thing I was referring to eariler (never played it so it may not be the reaper?).
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic