Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 681 to 700 of 3,468

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

681. Posted:

I don't know if this is considered retro or not,but I finally purchased a copy of Final Fantasy VII for the PSX!

it was only $19.99 at my local Game Zone and has all 3 discs in good condition and manual in not such good condition :p

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

WiiWareWave League MK8 Weekly Tournament Code: 6551-9017-8098
Contests held regularly!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

682. Posted:

Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers in full Cartrdige force. :p
This will be my last Retro purchase for a while, since i now wan't to put most of gaming cash towards Wii and 3DS titles....Ah who am I kidding, i can't resist. :p

Untitled

Not exactly up to par with DuckTales, but it's still one of the NES greats, and it was definitly one of the most toughest NES games to rent at my local video store aside from TMNT II: The Arcade game. :o I ended up playing this one at one of my friends house, since the local videostore took forever and ever to get it back in due to some youngster punk who kept it in over due....His mom was probably racking in the late charges, but that didn't stop little Tommy from gettin his Chip 'N dale Nes 8-bit Fix.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

683. Posted:

@Waveboy: Great purchase there. God I miss the Capcom Disney games I wish they would get back together again.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

684. Posted:

No kidding hey?

DuckTales, Chip N Dale and Darkwing Duck were easily the greatest. While The Little Mermaid was alright yet way too easy, but it's godly compared to Tail Spin. :p

I never did try out DuckTales 2 or Chip N' dale 2 though....I'd love to get those! :D Yet it seems based on the general opinionato' that those 2 are inferior to the originals. Plus DT2 runs for around $100 on eBay, while Chip N Dale 2 goes for over $500.....Ya, i think it's safe to say I'll never get around to playing that one. lol sigh*

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

685. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I bought my first game for the NES since I got it. Punch-Out!! for $13.49 at Play N Trade!
The game was a bit of trouble in the beginning because it wouldn't work. I was worried since before I even put it in the first time I cleaned the contacts. After some blowing it worked just fine. I love it. It's the classic I remember. It's so much fun, but so punishing as it goes on. I'm currently on the third title bout where you have to fight Piston Honda again. So far I'm stuck on the rematch with Bald Bull. Great game and I saw most copies go for $14 on ebay so not a bad deal either.

Punch-Out!! is a great NES classic, nice purchase. The music is so awesome. Du…, dunada,_ dunada, dunnadaa . And as for NES games not working, all I can say is don’t give up. You can clean the contacts and they still might not work right away but a good blow never fails!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

686. Posted:

Double Dragon is awesome, nice purchase there and complete with black seal and all! How very "collector" of you ;) That classic is on Ryan’s retro list of amazingly good times soon to be had!
I never played it in the arcade but was all over it on the NES. Level 3 was my downfall though like many. The jumps, oh man the bridge jumps… and then followed by the Abobo Bonanaza!
I love Double Dragon’s Billy & Jimmy Theme, definitely Top 10 NES VGM material if you ask me. Here is another Double Dragon classic that brings me back to nostalgia land. :p

Rescue Rangers as well? Very impressed, that NES collection of yours is shaping up nicely! Agree with you one thousand million percentage points that retro titles are too hard to resist. This guy would most definitely approve:
Untitled

So here is my latest, fantastically lame silver NES box and all! I still need to get a hold of its sister, Metroid, though. I remember this game as being a side of supery dupery sugary sweet sauce, haven't played it in a long time but I have been playing precision perfect platformers like Ninja Gaiden so those vertical Pit jumps should be a good test. I remember I stunk like a skunk when it came to this game, time to redeem!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

687. Posted:

I really am satisfied with my Virtual Boy. Then again, it's only been a few days since I got it...
Wario Land goes for about $20 used right now on Amazon.com, I will get it in October when we have more money...and batteries! :P
This is probably not the best place to post this, but I am also the owner of a boxed (well, I got it boxed anyways :D) Pokémon mini. I also got every game released in the U.S., again, boxed. All of that for about $150. Considering that most boxed retro systems go for more than $500, I think I did pretty well. I also have an NES, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy micro, as far as retro systems go. Tell me what you think of my collection, and please tell me about yours.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

688. Posted:

@Ryno Awesome, Kid Icarus complete in box! I was looking for Kid Icarus the other day, but remembered the unforgiving punishment and decided to wait and get it later, lol. I love the series though and really need to get a copy of that game. Smart purchase dude, it's an over looked classic. Can't wait for the new Kid Icarus 3DS game.
@MetroidMaster17 Pokemon Mini complete in box is worth a pretty decent amount of money. I think I saw one for $40 maybe $50 once on ebay. I'd consider it retro and it seems like a fun little thing for Pokemon fans. I unfortunately never had one. Odd since I love Pokemon.
Your collection sounds awesome You got some great classic consoles! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

689. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo Doinks! (dorky way of saying thanks)

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

Link245

690. Posted:

Man, I used to have a NES and SNES, but sadly they broke.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

Kriedler

691. Posted:

Fallout: New Vegas. It's retro. Thanks to the DRM, it's not working now.
Sorry, just venting :P

But, I managed to track down a copy of Jet Force Gemini. That totally made my week :P
Now I just need a working Sega Megadrive and I've got all the retro I need for at least the rest of the month (I'm well aware it's the 24th :P )

New name, same game.
3DS friend code: 5026-4413-9840
STEAM ID: Deeso
XBL ID: Kriedler 0

Now Playing (3DS): PKMN Y
PC: X-Com: Enemy Within, King Arthur's Gold
360: GTAV
Wii U: Deus Ex

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

692. Posted:

One of the most amazing Nes games that the kids of the Oh so colorful whacky super late 80's luckily got a chance to play during it's incredible Futurised ground breaking unforgettable release...It cost me a fortune, but every penny I managed to scrounge up and blasted out was well worth it. :D
Untitled
WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Great Scott!

LJN does no wrong! as this is another ultra fine example, and is clearly one of their TOP winners.....Ok, more like weiners.lol I just had to get it, it's so BAD it's AWESOME. :p Plus, part of my modern-ish Nostalgia and fond memories towards the Angry Nintendo Nerd during Jame's super early years where he was actually funny is the main reason why and besides it was only $6 dollars.lol But yup! It takes me back(5 years or so ago) to his fresh interenet crazy angry foul mouthed Buffalo Anus drenched Nerdtastic Nintendo Nes reviews. Personally for me, he hasn't topped his FT13th Nes review, that was just golden....And that came out years ago. He was funnier when he was more youthful, more dorky, more bug eyed and skinnier looking. :p

SNES Controller Refurb' Kit Replacement Rubber Parts Radskiiiiiii!!! B-)
Untitled
What can I say, My two SNES controllers just don't feel the same as they used to back in the days when they were youthful little dudeskies. Time hasn't been so narly to the 'now feeling' goopy & squishy feeling D-Pads and Face buttons. Luckily this Kit should do the trick! Along with cleaning the circuit board inside to get that brand spanking new clickier and responsive feeling that I missed so blippin' dearly.

NOW, i feel motivated to get the dozens of games that completely warp zoned' the Wii's Virtual Console into 'No where Land'....Ryno's glowing and amazing Review for Demon Crest has made me a believer. :D

Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Studio Home Theatre Headphones
Untitled
I'm extremelyyyy Dinofreakaleekin' head over surfer heels excited about this teeny weeny little 'expensive' radshmastic' purchase I just made 30 minutes ago. B-) After all, I've owned my pair of rusty Sennheiser HD555's for over 5 years now and due to their clumsy design the plastic has cracked almost everywhere to oblivion, the cord itself is a bit shredded(although it's only $10 for a replacement) and they just don't fit as snug as they used to. Fantastic sound aside, they're 'Open-ear' designed so the sound totaly leaks crazy loud from the outside which I'm just not a big fan of.

Where as these bad boys not only look beautiful, but they hardly leak any sound since they're Closed-design and they're killer for Isolation. Plus they're super flexible and there's no need to worry about getting any cracks hehe. Sound wise they're supposed to be on par with my previous pair, expect the bass packs more of a punch, plus the sound leakage is vastly improved as well as the isolation.

And what does this have to do with being a RETRO purchase you ask? Well....er, i plan on using them for console and portable Gaming(aside from DVD's and Bluray) which includes the Virtual Console and my Gameboy Color muhaha. B-)
But, these headphones have one main glaring flaw....Under the Warining label it warned that If you accidently fall asleep with them on while listening to Billy Idol on top of a water bed that 'this' could potentially happen....

Warning, Boobies Alert. lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

fpssoviet

693. Posted:

nhl 09 ps2

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

AuthorMessage

fpssoviet

694. Posted:

nhl 09 ps2

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

AuthorMessage

Ryno

695. Posted:

WaveBoy on the Beaufort Scale I give you a solid 9 on your lastest retro spree. I remember trying to play Back to the Future as a kid though unfortuantely that is about all I remember; just trying to play it. I do look forward to a review someday as I suspect it will receive the highest of WaveBoy Tsunami ratings. haha...not! B-) I hope the game has Biff. I love that rudeatude dude and especially his comment about Marty's "life preserver." haha... LGN will always live on as long as you are there to keep the dream alive. It is a definitely a dirty job but hey, someone has to do it. ;)

Do let me and the fellow Nintendo Lifer's know how the SNES controller refurb kit works out for you. I thought I was going to need that but during my latest fun-tastic romp with my SNES the controllers held up pretty admirably though I suspect with new rubbers it might be even tighter. And as always, I appreciate the kind words in regards to the review :)

I am not one to use headphones though I can appreciate there use (Metroid Prime Trilogy would be eargasm... errr.. amazing!). Someday I want to get a kick-butt rockin' surround sound stereo system not for movies but for video game music and sounds. Video game music is just Awesome Possum! I have more video game music songs downloaded on my phone than anything else.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

696. Posted:

@Waveboy: Ugh I never did like Back to the Future on NES. I did however like Back to the Future Part II/III on the NES. Of course I was alot younger than but the style of game play that BttF had just didnt grab my attention and I just didnt know what the heck to do.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

697. Posted:

@Waveboy Aw come on. AVGN is totally still nerdy. Don't be a hater because his video editing is getting so much better. :P He still makes good stuff if you ask me. I don't know if you saw his R.O.B the robot video, but I thought it was great. :D And his Nightmare on Elm's street totally tops Friday the 13th. He's still a nice lovable guy if you ask me.

Back on topic. I have not bought anything retro yet. I'm currently watching a cartridge only auction of River City Ransom though. oh yeah! Minus well rename it 8-bit Scott Pilgrim! :D :D

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

littlebigplanet

698. Posted:

An in box copy of Earthbound. I already have a few copies, I just f**king love that game

AuthorMessage

Syrup

699. Posted:

a Nintendo 64 with 8 games, including Star Wars Shadows of the empire

Tumblr: http://sailorsyrup.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

700. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Waveboy Aw come on. AVGN is totally still nerdy. Don't be a hater because his video editing is getting so much better. :P He still makes good stuff if you ask me. I don't know if you saw his R.O.B the robot video, but I thought it was great. :D And his Nightmare on Elm's street totally tops Friday the 13th. He's still a nice lovable guy if you ask me.

Back on topic. I have not bought anything retro yet. I'm currently watching a cartridge only auction of River City Ransom though. oh yeah! Minus well rename it 8-bit Scott Pilgrim! :D :D

I guess you're right. :p But at the same time he's whipped out a ton of poorly put together stinkers as of late or the last couple or so years dialogue/comedy wise. It's like he's not even trieing half the time.lol There's only so many times i can find "I'd rather eat the rotten (expletive) of a roadkill Skunk blah blah"lol But also, take into consideration that he was funnier during the very beginning because this whole Angry nintendo Nerd reviewing thing was so fresh and new during the time, and it took YouTube and ScrewAttack by storm. He still looked the funniest in his TMNT(especially) and Dr.Jeckle review....:D

his youthful glowing bug eyed nerdy face was hysterical in TMNT. Plus he was a mystery, he was just a nerd complaining about these horrible games. Now we KNOW so much more about the guy it's not even funny.

I mean remember the days being so incredibly pumped and excited waiting to see his next video pop up. Now I'm just...well, in the middle. For me, it got a tiny bit tiring after Bible games, which was another awesome classic of his. But i agree he's definitly a nice and lovable guy and it's always interesting hearing is take and reviews on things all gaming and movies related.lol

BUT, his impressions on Nintendo's 2010 E3 annoyed the hell out of me. That was hands down Nintendo's BEST e3 in ages, whipping out Skyward Sword, Suprising the hell out of everyone with Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Golden Eye 007 ect, and most importantly the unveiling of the epicness that is the 3DS! :o And all James did while he was there was complain & complain........Saying that gaming just isn't the same, and that the 3DS didn't really impress him. He just seemed like an unexcited downer. I mean you know I'm a big nostalgia retro 80's NES/SNES nut, but James can't seem to escape the golden age and accept or try out some of the new amazing gems of today. What does he wan't? Every thing to be an 8 & 16 bit sidescroller? Then again, that would be awesome haha.

Edited on by theblackdragon