Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 681 to 700 of 4,850

KingMike

Just open a package with my latest import purchase.
Untitled
Untitled
I'm guessing Little Magic and Power Sokoban are a little hard to find, since I don't seem them very often.
Little Magic is about as close as there is to an SNES Lolo, and Power Sokoban was one of the last SFC games released on cart.
Glad to get Dragon Fighter without having to pay the NES price.
Want to like Taruruuto Famicom games, but from what I recall, it would auto-save including the lives counter. Which kinda sucks when combined with one-hit death. So if it saves and you only have one life, one hit = game over. I think the SFC game only has manual saving.
And I have Masked Ninja Hanamaru, the Japanese game that got ROM-hacked to create the infamous NES game Yo! Noid.

Anybody know who or what "Chameleon Club" is? I saw this sticker on the back of another cart I bought (I think Dream Penguin Story), and I saw one on my Chack'n Pop. I thought maybe it was a store, but why would a store go to the effort of reprinting the entire standard FC game caution label?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Tasuki

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I now regret my purchase of Megaman GB. >:[
The restore points would have been helpful and I'd have it on my 3DS, not a separate handheld. Oh well, still a fun game

You can always sell it on Ebay.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I now regret my purchase of Megaman GB. >:[
The restore points would have been helpful and I'd have it on my 3DS, not a separate handheld. Oh well, still a fun game

You can always sell it on Ebay.

I'd like to beat it first. I'll probably keep it since it's not a bad game. I'm just a bit anoid I didn't wait a week and save a dollar. No big deal in the end I guess.

Ryno

@Wave
Back From the Sewers looks rad but oh geez, I agree that the Turtles looked exactly as you so eloquently described and if that is the case I wouldn’t blame them. Also why do they have the same legs as the Foot Soldiers? Ah, it’s a Game Boy though game so I am ok with some minor shortcuts here and there.

I have a first edition Genesis so thanks for finding that component cable. I only have Bloodlines though for it so I don’t really play it all that much. To many NES and SNES games along with an occasional Wii or PS3 game mixed in but I would like to get Strider, Contra Hard Corps, and TMNT Hyperstone Heist for the Geni further down the old yellow brick road and I might just have to pick that up then. It is interesting how new versions of systems lose features; look at the NES, the toploader went RF only and lost the component cable outputs. S-Video you say for SNES? Looked at some youtube vids real quick and I might just have to order a new cable. Is that how you’re SNES is hooked up, which cable you using?

You are going to wind up convincing me to get an unnecessary but quality CRT someday you know that right? Haha… Yeah, I will want to upgrade my TV when I get a Wii U and I don’t want to hook my retro consoles up to whatever my next slick TV will be either. My grandma still has the furniture style woody CRT TV. That sucker wasn’t working for like 2 years then one day it just fired up. She’s old and turned it on by accident and it started working again! I am going to make sure that this Christmas my cousin’s and I will be watching Pee Wee’s Christmas Special on VHS on that antique like we used too as kiddo’s. So did you transfer your NES back and forth between your house and your aunt’s? Every house had a NES in my neighborhood so there was no problem finding one to play on!

I know what you mean about budgets, trying to save, taking a break from buying things but I always find myself parusing the web and buying some sort of game Most of the time I am not looking for a particular game but instead searching around until I find something for a price I like. I have such a backlog but to me it’s more than just getting the games to play but it’s also about collecting and having something physical and to hopefully pass on to Ryan Jr’s someday!

Glad to hear the SNES controller refurb. Kit works as well as a freshly pumped up pair of Reebok Pumps! I need to get that kit because man, I was playing some Super Street Fighter II and I could not even pull off Ryu’s Shouryuken consistently to save my life! I like to think its my controller at least Speaking of Street Fighter II, I forgot how awesome Guiles Theme is! This song is so universal and I just think it would go with any game and even any real life situation; preparing for a boxing match, surfing some killer waves, checking out a library book, midnight run’s to 7-11, extracurriculars with the ladies etc...
[youtube:pXqIYx0CgH8]

I didn’t fiddle around too much with Karnovski yet, just made sure it worked (what NES game doesn't work after a little Windex and a q-tip?) because I am still working on a certain little bugger that I hope to have completed pretty soon along with a review.

Oh, and I just want to give you a head’s up that I will be MIA starting Friday for a week and I didn’t want you to think I finally succeeded in my quest of finding Doc’s DeLorean and went back to the 80’s without ya!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

I was able to pick up Dr. Wily's Revenge and III when GameStop was clearing out the classic Game Boy games.
I later eventually paid the ebay rate of nearly $30 to get a IV cart, about the limit of what I'd spend for a loose GB cart. (but of course, only if it's a hard to find game)
So I ended up getting a Rockman World 5 cart to save some cash.
I'm finding II is perhaps not as cheap and unwanted as I thought. I can probably get a cart, but complete might cost a bit (surprising, since the first two were even re-released as Player's Choice games).

KingMike

Ryno

So here we have a great example of me seeing what is happening on Ebay and not being able to control myself. Haha! $13.00 with free shipping, this is must have for NES collections right? I heard this was like one of the greatest games of all time and Super Mario Bros. 3 was greatly inspired by this. If I remember correctly the proper way to clean LJN games is with cheeseburger juice? How To Clean a NES Game.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

KingMike

The European version of the CDX? I imagine quite a lot. At least on the US systems, for some reason the proper power cord is even rarer the console.
I hear a lot of people have been using the wrong power cord (Genesis 2?) because it appears to work, but it will eventually destroy the console, making working systems even harder to find.

KingMike

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

So here we have a great example of me seeing what is happening on Ebay and not being able to control myself. Haha! $13.00 with free shipping, this is must have for NES collections right? I heard this was like one of the greatest games of all time and Super Mario Bros. 3 was greatly inspired by this. If I remember correctly the proper way to clean LJN games is with cheeseburger juice? How To Clean a NES Game.

Untitled

there is nothing wrong with owning that game, that map screen is just jacked to hell

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Terave

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Slapshot

@Ryno No, the only had new arcades in there. Remember, it's Disney World, not a local arcade. Haha But, as for the high score, I got on the leader boards, but I was unable to net the top score. The rubber on the paddles was extremely 'bouncy', for lack of a better word, and I can't tell you how many times I ruined a top score when my ball bounced off a paddle, only to drop straight between the two to loose a ball. I don't know if it's a new thing for newer tables, but it really kinda sucked to be honest.

They also had the new Pirates of the Caribbean table, but the table was setting off-level and trying to actually play it was extremely frustrating - this was due to them remodeling the floor in the arcade - but, the table was cool nonetheless, though it had the same 'bouncy' paddles too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

MetroidMasher17

Me found a Game Boy (the brick) along with a bunch of power adaptors and other cables and a case for $15. The Game Boy's screen refused to show a picture, but I played around with it until I got it to work. But the battery contatcs are dirty, so I have to use the AC adaptor if I want to play the Game Boy. Metroid II: Return of Samus, here I come!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just bought U.N. Squadron for the SNES on ebay for $10.96. Free shipping!

Loved that game as a kid! I am trying to remember which one of my Goonie friends had that game but can't and don't know how or where I used to play it!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

While I was on the Vay-kay I won some retro goodies:

First this #1 Arcade Smash! with the black NES seal. For me the definitive NES beat 'em up.
Untitled

Next, #3 in the "The Greatest Martial Arts Adventure Series Ever!" One life only - this one is going to be tough. I hope my Sacred Stones are up for the challenge. If not oh well this has the world famous Bimmy and that is is worth the price in itself!

I thought this Ebay Product Information was pretty funny...
"Bimmy" and Jimmy Lee return in their last great beat 'em up on the NES. Marion (having been revived from the dead) is kidnapped by some kinda cult. "Bimmy" and Jimmy beat up Mr. Han and a ninja then takes them to Egypt to fight mummies. The game features four playable characters, friendly-fire on/off, one credit to continue, and a semi-retarded weapon system.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: Nice purchases there as always Ryno. Do you have Double Dragon II or is that the next one on your list?

My Backlog

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Nice purchases there as always Ryno. Do you have Double Dragon II or is that the next one on your list?

Thanks Tasuki. I do not have Double Dragon II The Revenge though I want that one more than Double Dragon III but I ended up gettting The Sacred Stones complete for nearly the average price it is going for cartridge only. I will be keeping my eye our for The Revenge. I have always wanted Double Dragon, just been waiting to find the black seal version complete for $20. Were/are you a fan of Double Dragon? have all three? which one is your favorite?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Thanks Tasuki. I do not have Double Dragon II The Revenge though I want that one more than Double Dragon III but I ended up gettting The Sacred Stones complete for nearly the average price it is going for cartridge only. I will be keeping my eye our for The Revenge. I have always wanted Double Dragon, just been waiting to find the black seal version complete for $20. Were/are you a fan of Double Dragon? have all three? which one is your favorite?

Yeah I always liked the Double Dragon series I have the Gameboy port of the first Double Dragon, Double Dragon II on the NES, and both Super Double Dragon and Battletoads/Double Dragon on the SNES.

I liked Super Double Dragon the best followed by Double Dragon II. I only played Double Dragon III once and I just didnt like it as much as the first two for one thing I found it alot harder than the others ones and for me it just didnt have the charm of the other two. Battletoads/Double Dragon was a fun games as well especially if you have another player to play it with. Gameplay is more like the Battletoad games but it still is fun and not nearly as hard as Battletoads.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

MetroidMasher17

Hey! Nice to see this thread is back after about a week of inactivity. I should probably start talking about the forum topic, eh?
I am going to order VB Wario Land October 1st! There's nothing like coming home every day and wondering if my package is here yet!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic