Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 661 to 680 of 3,603

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

661. Posted:

Nice purchase there Ryno. TMNT 3 was just as good as TMNT 2 IMO and TMNT IV well I liked the SNES version better than the Arcade version. Great purchases indeed.

As some one brought up if you are looking into the TMNT Tournament FIghter games than I suggest that you get each version (NES, SNES, Genesis) cause each one has its own storyline and characters even though they all have the same name.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

662. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Cowabunga Dudes! I had to snap this photo of these games together because I recently got TMNT III: The Manhattan Project for NES and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES both complete to go along with my copy of TMNT II: The Aracde Game that I have had for a little while now :D I would also like to note that the manual of the TMNT IV is the color copy and not the bogus black and white manual that Konami produced later. What is up with those anyway Konami, I see they exist for both TMNT IV and Super Castlevania IV? Just being cheap, anything TMNT related in black and white is a total travesty ;p

Untitled

The question is now do I get the first TMNT game for the NES? It is definitely not my favorite game but I had it is a kid and maybe I should get it to complete the tetralogy? Then there are the Gameboy TMNT games, how many where there, 3?

Holy Crap! :p Your CIB Purcahses always instantly make me jelous, especially this purchase.lol
I have the TMNT 1-3 cartridges, yet i still haven't got around to playing TMNT III yet. Nostalgia takes me back especially with TMNT II: The Arcade game(Such an AWESOME game back in the day) back at Chuck E Cheese's and the Arcades, along with TMNT & TMNT II on the Nes, but TMNT III somehow managed to escape my ultra wrath.

Anyways, you might as well buy the first TMNT CIB to complete your collection, yeesh! what would Splinter think? :p
As for the GB TMNT games, I have Fall of the Foot Clan and Back from the Sewers. Both are pretty narly in their own ways, but ultimately 2 is the better game. You'll finish the first in a matter of no time since it's super easy and pretty short, but for what it is, it's still satisfying and fun to play regardless of it's super simplicity. As for me, i really want to pick up TMNT III: Radical Rescue but it's soooo rare.....on eBay that is. Amazon.com however has 10 for sale and you can get it fror pretty cheap.

Plus it's a departure from I & II, since it's supposed to kind of plays like Metroid, which should instantly win you over. B-)

Turtles with Metroid-styled gameplay is a rare breed indeed, i so need to get on it! :p

And Ryno whatever you do, do NOT get TMNT: Smash-Up...Trust me on this one. It still blows me away that some of the developers from Smash Bros(which is a fantastic franchise) worked on this one, because in no way does it show. it's a lifeless, shallow, empty, clunky and half assed experience. Avoid like the Noid! :p

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

663. Posted:

@Retro I loved TMNT IV as a kid, I still remember the day when I saved my money along with my mom agreeing to help out with a little bit of the cost and driving me to Toys R’ Us to buy it. B-) I remember just holding that precious box in my hands and staring at it on the drive back just amazed! It is crazy to be able to pinpoint specific memories on when I got these games as a kid. I can’t remember when or how I bought some current PS3 and Wii games but I certainly remember when I bought each old NES and SNES game! Anybody else that way or did video games just have a powerful mystical way of cementing memories into my mind? :p You better find that manual (better be in color, and not the Farley Fruit Snacks coupon one though), the TMNT manuals are fun to read with all there cool 80’s jive talk! That is cool that you still have your original Game Pak (manual?) though.

@Tasuki Thanks man, I remember what you said about TMNT IV and how that was your favorite when compared to the Arcade and Xbox360 versions. I won’t have to bug you for TMNT III anymore. :p Finding The Manhattan Project CIB sure is more rare than having a bad pizza though. There are just not many of those suckers out there!

@Waveboy You haven’t gotten around to playing your copy TMNT III yet? Wow, surprised, I thought you would have been all over that like a yellow jumpsuit on April O’Neil! I know what you mean though about the heavy dose of nostalgia associated with the TMNT II. That game is near legendary status of NESdom if you ask me.
So you are right, I will get the original NES TMNT someday with every turtle looking like Raph’s on the cover. Disappointing Splinter is the last thing I want to do; I would rather jump in a hornet’s nest covered in honey then do that for pete sakes! :p I do want those three Gameboy games, I remember originally having Fall of the Foot Clan and enjoying it. I don’t know if I ever played Back From the Sewers or Radical Rescue though. Ha, if Radical Rescue is like Metroid then that just has to be fantastic! :) Consider those three on the list! To me, TMNT was and is in the style of the 1987-1996 animated series and original 3 TMNT movies so I won’t be touching Smash Up. Besides I have heard too many bad things about that and now including you, who I consider one of my most trusted advisers of all things TMNT ;)

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

664. Posted:

Yeah TMNT Smash Up was a mystery to me too. I think they were hoping to start another TMNT craze like in the early and mid 90's. The other TMNT game that I played was TMNT based on the CGI movie and that was horrible. Instead of a classic beat em up like the older Konami TMNT games this one was and action/adventure game man it was horrible.

I dont know how the other Konami TMNT games are the ones based on the early 2000 TMNT series so those can be good or bad I dont know. And so far all the Ubi Soft TMNT games are bad.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

665. Posted:

I got my NES in the mail today! :D I hooked it up, was a bit of a hassle since I couldn't get the AV cables to work and had to go with the RF switch till I figure out what went wrong. :(
In the mean time though I played Megaman 2 and Super Mario Bros. I LOVE Megaman 2. It still holds up so well and I'm not saying that with nostalgiagoggles. Playing through the game, the controls were nice and tight and the commands were very responsive. When Ever I died on the disappearing blocks in heatman's stage I knew it was my fault. XD
Super Mario bros. is still as fun to play as ever. A timeless classic for sure. Although I prefer it in small bursts.
This is one the best purchases I've ever made! :)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

666. Posted:

FINALLY! I get to play my Virtual Boy! It's really cool, but I urgently need more games (It only came with Mario's Tennis). I have my eye on Virtual Boy Wario Land...

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

667. Posted:

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

FINALLY! I get to play my Virtual Boy! It's really cool, but I urgently need more games (It only came with Mario's Tennis). I have my eye on Virtual Boy Wario Land...

Good choice on the Wario Land easily the best game on the Virtual Boy. Also I suggest Mario Clash and if you are a fan of Star Fox check out Red Alarm.

Damn make me want to dig out my Virtual Boy from storage now.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

tanookisuit

668. Posted:

Good pick up on the Virtual Boy if you can really get into it despite the small library and keep with it, I can't though which is why I parted with mine. I hope you enjoy the 14 games you an get for it, there's some great Japanese stuff beyond that but some of it gets just downright ugly expensive, but if you got the budget there are some true gems like Insmouse House and SD Gundam War. With the American stuff I can't think of any not really worth recommending at some level, well Waterworld sucks, but pretty much everything else is worth having. Pinball has a good selection, boxing is fun and uses the pad well for punching, Golf has a nice sense of depth with good courses, Panic Bomber makes for a great puzzle experience, and Nester's Funky Bowling is good for some nice bowling play and laughs. Beyond that I think Red Alarm, Mario Clash, Wario Land, and 3D-Tetris are a given for good stuff.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://http://tanooki.home.insightbb.com/

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

669. Posted:

SCORE!!!!!! Got a CIB at my local retro store for $20

Untitled

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Matillion

670. Posted:

DS games doesn't count as retro games yet, does it? XD
Well, I can't remember then. I guess it's a GBA game.
Loved playing with my GBA years ago.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

671. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

SCORE!!!!!! Got a CIB at my local retro store for $20

Untitled

If Konami doesn't release this bad boy on the Wii's VC, i'll have no choice but to snag myself a Genesis off eBay...This is the only traditional Castlevania game I haven't played, and it's irking me that Konami is taking their sweet time to release it. :p
How long as it been since they've rleased Rondo of Blood again? Over a year right?

As for the Genesis, i honestly have a mix of good and bad memories with it. Not too sure i wan't to get myself one....Again. :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

672. Posted:

Nick work Tasuki! I bought a cheap Genesis and cheap loose cart (so not like me to buy the cartridge) just to play that, haven't got around to playing much of it though!

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

673. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I got my NES in the mail today! :D I hooked it up, was a bit of a hassle since I couldn't get the AV cables to work and had to go with the RF switch till I figure out what went wrong. :(
In the mean time though I played Megaman 2 and Super Mario Bros. I LOVE Megaman 2. It still holds up so well and I'm not saying that with nostalgiagoggles. Playing through the game, the controls were nice and tight and the commands were very responsive. When Ever I died on the disappearing blocks in heatman's stage I knew it was my fault. XD
Super Mario bros. is still as fun to play as ever. A timeless classic for sure. Although I prefer it in small bursts.
This is one the best purchases I've ever made! :)

Congratulations, you very smart man you! The NES is just a wonderful thing to have and a great thing is that it goes well with everything in your house so you never have to worry about it clashing with anything :p Did you get your AV cables working?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

674. Posted:

@Waveboy: Rondo of Blood came out on the VC March 15, 2010.

Truth be told I am tire of waiting to see if great games like Castlevania Bloodlines will ever come to the Wii VC so I just saying F*** it and buy the original carts if I can find them for a good price.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

KingMike

675. Posted:

Just ordered some more Famicom games, including bad games Athena and Garfield.
From what I remember of the last time I played Garfield, it was a rather generic platformer with Garfield collecting invisible power-ups, including the key you have to find to be able to finish the level. And that despite the game being made in 1989 (when his design was pretty much final), Garfield is drawn like the 1978 comics. And I remember the graphics looked like they came from an Atari system. :P
I'm not sure why even loose FC Athenas are always listed at $20+. Are they seriously that much rarer than the NES version (which is worth like $3)? I'm sure completes are worth something since there was some audio cassette, maybe the soundtrack to the game's weird platformer/shmup sequel, Psycho Soldier. Saw a boxed one without the tape go for like $40 auctioned on ebay a few months ago.
But I got them both for a copy that's sorta like getting two for the price of one. Looks like Garfield's getting harder to find
Also got better games Kid Niki 2 and Fuzzical Fighter.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

676. Posted:

I bought my first game for the NES since I got it. Punch-Out!! for $13.49 at Play N Trade!
The game was a bit of trouble in the beginning because it wouldn't work. I was worried since before I even put it in the first time I cleaned the contacts. After some blowing it worked just fine. I love it. It's the classic I remember. It's so much fun, but so punishing as it goes on. I'm currently on the third title bout where you have to fight Piston Honda again. So far I'm stuck on the rematch with Bald Bull. Great game and I saw most copies go for $14 on ebay so not a bad deal either.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

677. Posted:

@Ryno.
lol. Ya, i'm not a big fan of the first TMNT Nes box art either..I only knew the Turtles from the 80's/90's cartoon series, so i had no idea what in the hell was up with all of those rapheal lookalikes on the cover haha. And I'd totaly be all in April Oneil's bitchin' Banana ramma jump suit. :p And I know I know, Im suprised i haven't fired up TMNT III either. I guess I'm kind of just waiting for the perfect moment. Yet a soon as I get around to getting a smaller Tube SDTV CRT at around 27" then I'll be all over my NES & SNES. I'm deing to play titles like Double Dragon II & III, TMNT III, Kickle Cubicle, Battletoads and the like. B-)

And speaking of Double D!, I just picked this baby up online. B-)
Untitled

A favorite of mine as a child, and I totaly dug it in the arcades especially.....That devlish tricky part in the 3rd stage where you have to hop over that bridge without getting nerfed by the punk dudskie that was waiting right at the tip of the other side of the bridge jump was pure 8-bit balls to the wall torture! :p I never came close to seeing the end of Double D as a youngster, but flash forward to today, and well...I had my oh so sweet revenge with Double Dragon on the Wii's VC during last December Christmas. And while the challenge was grueling i stuck with it and to my suprise I finally beat it. Another crazy satisfing and rewarding feeling due to the games reDUCKulously tough challenge.

But hey, i learned how to be like Bimmy(lol) & jimmy and knock sexy hookers with whips out with style. B-)
And who doesn't love this track?

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

678. Posted:

@Ryno: @Waveboy: I think the reason for all the red headbands on the orignal TMNT game was cause in the comic the trutles all wore the same color headband. It wasnt till the first cartoon series that they gave each turtle there own color so kids could tell them apart.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

679. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: @Waveboy: I think the reason for all the red headbands on the orignal TMNT game was cause in the comic the trutles all wore the same color headband. It wasnt till the first cartoon series that they gave each turtle there own color so kids could tell them apart.

Exactly, but I never knew about the original Comic series during that time since i grew up on the more light hearted and funktastic 80's/90's cartoon series. :p I think it was a stupid move anyways giving them all the original RED bandana's considering the game was based on the cartoon and the Turtles themselves were wearing their trade mark Blue, Red, Orange and Purple bandana's 'again' like in the cartoon series in the actual game. So why would the Artists resort to the mold of the original Comic series?

It probably confused a lot of kids, But at least they got it right with TMNT II: The Arcade game's Box Art, which kicked the first game's turtle buns. B-)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

680. Posted:

the 4 different TMNT are in different gangs!
i mean gangz.
my bad.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)