Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 661 to 680 of 4,850

ogo79

@Ryno
my mom bought Karnov for me back in the days. its pretty good, i think we got it for like 10$ brand new lol
@ocarinaoftime
i got a couple of those retrons myself, i use them sometimes instead of my top loading nes, mini snes and genesis 3 to save on wear and tear

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MrArcade

Found an old play it loud! gameboy at a car boot sale for 1.50. Mario land 1 came with it. Also my dad gave me a GBC and 5 GB games, loving them all!

MrArcade

m-wasi

Ok, so now on to the purchase...
Untitled
A complete copy of Karnov for the NES and I am excited because there are not to many complete copies out there especially in this condition and with that addtional insert! How many of you played as this fire breathing Russian circus act as he battles all kinds of crazy creations like dino's, gargoyles, and rock men as a kid? I did, mainly because it had dinosaurs in it. I flippin' loved dinosaurs as a kid and a game with dinosaurs was DINO-mite to me!

[/quote]

Duuude! Finally someone mentions Karnov, one of the greatest NES games of all time! I used to rent this as a kid at the ol' video rental store (sadly are becoming more scarce now that Blockbuster is gone). A couple of years ago I found it at a local flea market and had to pick it up. The final boss was crazy hard. I remember having to plug in my Game Genie to beat the bastard. Great purchase, congrats!

What's craka lakin?

Nintendo Network ID: Wasi99

Collz

I just picked up Warioland 4, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Nightmare in dreamland & Mario Vs Donkey Kong for GBA, all od which I missed the first time around. (looking forward to some good gaming, while my 3DS gathers dust)

Collz

Tasuki

Wow I missed alot since I started school lol,

@Ryno nice find there with the NES advantage there. Reminds me when I went into my parents storage shed last year looking for camping supplys and I found my old Genesis tucked neat away with the camping dinner ware lol.

@ocarinaoftime: Megadrive it the "real" name for the Genesis. Sega changed it to Genesis for North America due to a trademark dispute. I looked into the Retron 3 but I heard that some games wont play in it. Let me know if you run into any of those problems.

@m-wasi: Blockbuster is still around they are now owned by Dish Network and ever rent game and movies through the mail.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tails

A copy of Terranigma for the Super Famicom. Found it online for a great price on Ebay and i gotta say i love the game. I just wish i knew one of the true reasons (other than the money because we all know its all about "The money") Why did it not ever come to NA? Any who its great and loving it like crazy. Also purchased Gyruss from the XboxLive Gameroom which is also awesomesauce.

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

Slapshot

@Waveboy Dude, let us know what you think when it does finally arrive.

@Ryno Nice find! All you need now is a stack of quarters and enough friends over to create a waiting line and it'll be like the arcades all over again. OK, I'm about to be really nostalgic I know, but I really do miss those days. I just spent 7-nights in a resort in the Animal Kingdom in Disney World and our resort had an awesome arcade tucked away inside it. Every chance I got at night/mornings I was slipping off to the arcade to try and set the high score on the new Tron Legacy pinball table. There is just nothing like being in an arcade - especially when you love pinball.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

KingMike

Terranigma didn't come out because Enix America closed.
It was planned, along with 7th Saga 2 (Mystic Ark), Dragon Quest VI (though considering I saw mail-order companies taking pre-orders for DQV as late at 1995 and it still didn't come out, gotta wonder about the odds of DQVI making it, especially so late in the SNES' lifespan) and Tactics Ogre. Not sure if they were planning to call it Genesis, like NoA did once in a NP preview.
Yes, I would've loved to play Genesis on my Super Nintendo.

My latest purchase? Jackal for NES and Heavy Barrel for NES.

KingMike

ogo79

i just ordered Castlevania SOTN sealed brand new for ps1
its a shame cuz i owned this game like 3 times already
and today my Mr. Gimmick! came in!
and @KingMike Heavy Barrel is a fine game i got that myself

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MetroidMasher17

I ordered something that is retro and yet is not retro.
The Game & Watch Ball reissue.
It's kind of in a grey area...
But, yeah, 1,200 coins spent!

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

SpentAllMyTokens

I'm saving up for that too, just for the sheer "collectibleness" of it. I'm going to be almost half way there with my ambassador game coins.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

SonicMaster

An NES, Super Mario Bros, Life Force, Dragon Warrior, and Flashback for the Genesis.

SonicMaster

ogo79

a brand new playstation underground cd wallet to hold all my brand new playstation 1 and 2 games

the_shpydar wrote:

DiggerandIndy

The last purchase I made was over at Disc Replay, where I got Tetris Attack GB, Wario Blast, and Super Mario Land for basically $10.00 total! Wish I could go there more often, but it's too far from where I live, and I can't drive there by myself.

DiggerandIndy

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Ryno
my mom bought Karnov for me back in the days. its pretty good, i think we got it for like 10$ brand new lol

That is funny oldgamesonly, your mom and I bought it for nearly the same price, I got it for a little under $10 shipped. Hoping it is as fun as I remember!

Nice purchase on Castlevania SOTN I was a PSX kid somehow I missed out on that game. Someday I am going to have to buy it! The Playstation Undergound CD Wallet ha! I remember the Playstation Underground. Playstation Undergound sounded so cool back in the day.

m-wasi wrote:

Ok, so now on to the purchase...

Duuude! Finally someone mentions Karnov, one of the greatest NES games of all time! I used to rent this as a kid at the ol' video rental store (sadly are becoming more scarce now that Blockbuster is gone). A couple of years ago I found it at a local flea market and had to pick it up. The final boss was crazy hard. I remember having to plug in my Game Genie to beat the bastard. Great purchase, congrats!

m-wasi, Looking for someone to purchase some_ totally random out of left field_ NES game from yesteryear then I am your man Glad to hear from someone that enjoyed it then and has recently enjoyed the lovable fatso Karnov! Looking forward to that crazy hard final boss battle! My NES skills are improving daily however I am sad to say I still can’t get past level 6-2 of Ninja Gaiden arrggghhhh! As tempting as using the Game Genie is sometimes for me I cannot bring myself to use it though. The victory would just feel a bit to shallow for me. Oh yes, the ever vanishing video game rental store will always be a fond memory of my childhood as well. My most popular rental was the super duper Mega Man 3.

Tasuki wrote:

Wow I missed alot since I started school lol,
@Ryno nice find there with the NES advantage there. Reminds me when I went into my parents storage shed last year looking for camping supplys and I found my old Genesis tucked neat away with the camping dinner ware lol.

Yeah Tasuki, finding old childhood treasures at your parents is awesome! Interesting place to store your Genesis! haha … Glad you found out it though. I love breating new life into old video games!

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno
Haha. Ya i checked out that Sellers Metroid Poster collection too, and it's pretty weak sauce....There's no Retro based Metroid Poster in site....It's mostly Anime-Samus with her Butt busting out in full force as if she's posing for King Koopa's & Fry Guys' Daily Mushroom Kingdom Half-Nudey magazine.
And i bet you'll be extremely pumped when your Retro Room finally comes to life. With me, I think Nes gaming on a 27" Tube CRT using Composite cables(forget that crappy RF switch, or whatever you call it.lol) while brightining up the TV Color is the best way to fly. But I've only got a 32" FlatScreen Full screen Tube CRT and while it's awesome for Wii games and the like, it just seems a smidge too big for Nes games...But, that's the way i gotta roll for now.
And great buy on the NES Advantage, I sooo neeed to get one of those for TMNT II! Make sure you bolt the thing down somehow on a super heavy platform though.lol There's nothing worse then using a light arcade stick that flops around while you use it. And I've never even heard of Karnov before, i checked out a video of it on yourtube and visually it mildy remindes me of Rygar, but I hate Rygar. Karnov > Rygar and I haven't even played it yet, plus the BoxArt is pretty rad haha.

I think I still have the Metroid Nintendo Power poster thankfully back when she was just a bounty hunter and before her image got twisted by someone who is experiencly depressed (I know, I made “experiencly” up) with a woman.

I don’t know if I will ever get a CRT to play NES, SNES, and Genesis games. I know I probably should if I want the ultimate retro recreation experience and if I want to use the Zapper or Super Scope but I like the way the games look on my current 30” LCD hooked up with composites except for the Genesis for when it is hooked up (which is rare) its RF. Anyone know if you can hook up the Genesis with composite cables? Anyway, the CRT debate will have to be settled for me down the road because as of right now I don’t have room for a big old heavy honkin CRT TV! I agree with you 27” would probably be ideal, because back in the day I was playing mostly on 20” but it was always special the few times I got to bring the NES downstairs and play it on the “big screen”!

The one thing about the NES Advantage when playing TMNT II is that the whole press A and B at the same time to pull off the super power move is not as easy as with the NES controller. Maybe it is just my Advantage though and needs some good old fashioned maintenance. Maybe they have a repair kit for it? Haha…. I was playing with it on a TV tray and as wobbly as those TV trays are the Advantage is like a rock solid paper weight and I did not have that moving around problem. I couldn’t imagine not having some type of counter or something to set it on the thing is seriously like a lethal weapon, Danny Glover and Mel Gibson included Don’t like Rygar huh? My friend had it has a kid so I remember playing it but of course not knowing what t do or being any good at it. It is a game I will pick up someday, besides its pretty cheap! I got Karnov in the mail today so I am going to have to try it out tonight. Hopefully it is everything I remember! The other Data East game I want to get is Rampage that would be another good arcade style game for the Advantage but you need to really play that one with a friend otherwise it gets a little boring.

Slapshot wrote:

@Waveboy Dude, let us know what you think when it does finally arrive.
@Ryno Nice find! All you need now is a stack of quarters and enough friends over to create a waiting line and it'll be like the arcades all over again. OK, I'm about to be really nostalgic I know, but I really do miss those days. I just spent 7-nights in a resort in the Animal Kingdom in Disney World and our resort had an awesome arcade tucked away inside it. Every chance I got at night/mornings I was slipping off to the arcade to try and set the high score on the new Tron Legacy pinball table. There is just nothing like being in an arcade - especially when you love pinball.

Seriously Slapshot, I wish to recreate the whole arcade atmosphere _too! My next birthday party I want to have it _80’s arcade themed. Forget those other played out Frat Boy themes like “Bosses and Hoe’s” or Toga. I want mullets, rolls of quarters, MC Hammer, stonewashed, hypercolor, flashing colored lights, the whole works. Haha… That is awesome you spent some quality time in the arcade, did they have classic retro arcade games? Also, did you leave there with the high score on the pinball table? You better have!

KingMike wrote:

Terranigma didn't come out because Enix America closed.
It was planned, along with 7th Saga 2 (Mystic Ark), Dragon Quest VI (though considering I saw mail-order companies taking pre-orders for DQV as late at 1995 and it still didn't come out, gotta wonder about the odds of DQVI making it, especially so late in the SNES' lifespan) and Tactics Ogre. Not sure if they were planning to call it Genesis, like NoA did once in a NP preview.
Yes, I would've loved to play Genesis on my Super Nintendo.

My latest purchase? Jackal for NES and Heavy Barrel for NES.

Jackal nice, that is one that I am always looking at. What is Heavy Barrel?
So I was out of town for the past few days and I stopped by ”The Vill” and picked up this Super Haduken of a game! So unlike me to pick up a naked Game Pak without its manual and box but for the right red hot price of $2.99 I couldn’t resist. I was more of a Turbo kid growing up, owned it, but I played a little Super as well. I will defintely have to get Turbo someday but it shall be complete! Wasn't Street Fighter II Turbo like $70 or something when it came out? I remember it being one of those extra expensive SNES games.
Untitled

Edited on by theblackdragon

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

That is funny oldgamesonly, your mom and I bought it for nearly the same price

that just reads funny as hell to me lol
and yeah Playstation Undergound was a cool name

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

I want all trans-dimensional and won this one recently. Krang tried his darndest to stop me but failed again. You won't be seeing this one on your 3DS you silly ambassadors!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno nice

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic