Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 641 to 660 of 3,426

AuthorMessage

Ryno

641. Posted:

I recently got this, it is my 3rd favorite game of all time and for $19.00 shipped I thought it is a must for my collection though unfortunatley I did not get the originally included poster with it.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

642. Posted:

Wow, awesome buy Ryno! Too bad about the poster. I'm sure there's some retro stores or maybe one or two sellers that sell it on it's own though. Only $19 is a steal still! You're just lucky I looked for ALTTP CIB a while ago and not recently.(Didn't end up winning it.)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

643. Posted:

@Ryno im sure you can find that poster on ebay lol
thats where i got my River City Ransom map/poster

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

644. Posted:

Thanks Retro_on_theGo! Yeah oldgamesonly, I found the map online for $17.00 shipped now but I think I will continue to wait and watch and see if I can get it for around $10 or so. How much did you pay for the River City Ransom poster/map? Good luck to you Retro in finding aLTTP CIB at a price you like. What annoys me is a game like this goes for such a high price and it certainly is not because it is rare.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

645. Posted:

@Ryno i payed about 23 bucks for it
it was an ebay bidding war
cant have that

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

7th_lutz

646. Posted:

Picked up a bunch of games while I was at the state fair:

Chew-Man-Fu - Tg-16
Dead Moon - Tg-16
Fantasy Zone - Tg - 16
Golden Axe - Sega Master System
Shadowgate Classic - Gameboy Color
Sprintmaster - Atari 2600
Tax Avoiders - Atari 2600

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

AuthorMessage

caityful

647. Posted:

I just picked up an Aqua Blue Gameboy Color from the local GameTraders store. After 13 years, it was in better condition than I've ever seen. Next retro acquisition will be Pokemon Red or Blue.

TwitterNoobFeed

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

648. Posted:

I just bought an NES with Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, 2 controllers, 1 zapper, and hook ups! :D
I'm so excited to play it!!! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

649. Posted:

A Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis.
However, I kinda failed in getting it.
See, I ordered it off of eBay like five days before a month-long trip to Mexico. Of course it didn't get there in time, so I asked a friend who is looking after the house to pick it up when he saw it. I'll get it in 4 days, though, almost coming back to the States.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

Ryno

650. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just bought an NES with Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, 2 controllers, 1 zapper, and hook ups! :D
I'm so excited to play it!!! :D

Congrats Retro, you are now free to play any North American NES game you want and are no longer held back by the VC! Quite liberating isn't it? Capcom Disney classics, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade Game & Manhattan Project), Contra, overlooked and forgotten about gems are all available to you now. Looking forward to see what you get :)

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

A Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis.
However, I kinda failed in getting it.
See, I ordered it off of eBay like five days before a month-long trip to Mexico. Of course it didn't get there in time, so I asked a friend who is looking after the house to pick it up when he saw it. I'll get it in 4 days, though, almost coming back to the States.

Oh boy, a Virtual Boy! What a classic piece of Nintendo history that will go really well along with Nintendo's other failure the 3DS. I kid, I kid... settle down. I would actually get a 3DS if I was still a youngster and had enough video game time for it. But I don't muc to everyone's dismay. The Virtual Boy would be a great for my ever expanding gnarly Nintendo collection though B-)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

651. Posted:

Hah, I still have my virtual Boy....Even though it's been struck but the flew. :p Damn those double red lines.
I also kind of regret selling my complete and mint US Copy of Jack Bros :p That was like holding onto a piece of gaming treasure....It's rare these days seeing a complete US copy going for sale on eBay. They pop up here and there, but they're still rare nonetheless.

And Ryno, it sucks that you don't have the time to blast out a little game time with the 3DS, but I'm sure the moment a new Metroid is released for it you'll snag one up. :p I for one love the system(Awesome 3D technology aside), but that's mostly because of the Virtual Console at the moment....Plus, i still need to get Zelda OOT 3D. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Winslow

652. Posted:

I just got Illusion of Gaia with the box.

3DS Friend Code:
5198-2526-6139

AuthorMessage

BenAV

653. Posted:

Pokemon Yellow.
It was the first Gameboy game that I ever had as a child, and although I no longer have my copy I found my old Gameboy Color in (barely) working condition so I decided to buy Pokemon Yellow again.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

1upsuper

654. Posted:

I believe my last "retro" purchase was Solstice, for the NES. It's an alright game (I never was big on iso games), but I mostly got it so I could listen to the amazing title screen music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
Yeah, it's that awesome.

Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper

AuthorMessage

Ryno

655. Posted:

Ouch WaveBoy, sold your complete copy of Jack Bros??? :p
You are probably right, if a new Metroid comes out for the 3DS that could push me over the top. Especially, with Kid Icarus, a new Metal Gear, and RE Revelations in the future I can admit it becomes more tempting all the time. I stared at the 3DS for awhile last Thursday when it was $169.99 at Target and I could still log on and become an Ambassador. I think I will hold off though and get a Wii U because the only portable gaming I do anyway is with my GBA SP at lunch on my hour break during work. If I am gaming at home I would rather fire up the NES, SNES, Wii, or PS3 and play on the tube.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

656. Posted:

Cowabunga Dudes! I had to snap this photo of these games together because I recently got TMNT III: The Manhattan Project for NES and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES both complete to go along with my copy of TMNT II: The Aracde Game that I have had for a little while now :D I would also like to note that the manual of the TMNT IV is the color copy and not the bogus black and white manual that Konami produced later. What is up with those anyway Konami, I see they exist for both TMNT IV and Super Castlevania IV? Just being cheap, anything TMNT related in black and white is a total travesty ;p

Untitled

The question is now do I get the first TMNT game for the NES? It is definitely not my favorite game but I had it is a kid and maybe I should get it to complete the tetralogy? Then there are the Gameboy TMNT games, how many where there, 3?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

657. Posted:

The B&W manuals were from later copies made by Majesco, who reprinted games from several different companies.
I have a Monopoly and a Goof Troop that also have B&W manuals.

Are you referring to just the early '90s Konami games?
There were three games for NES, three for Game Boy, one for SNES and one for Genesis.
In addition to Tournament Fighters, which came out on NES, SNES and Genesis. And I believe each version of that had different characters. I'd guess that was the only time April was playable, and thus able to do something useful? :D (exclusively in the Genesis version) The NES version of that is the rarest, and especially if you're looking for a complete copy, get ready to spend some serious bucks. It was a very late release and I think the only licensed Street Fighter clone on the NES.

As for my latest purchases, I don't know if these were good prices on amazon. $12+ship for a loose Tumblepop for GameBoy (I only see "new" copies listed for $30, so I can't judge that price well), about $11 shipped for a complete Alisia Dragoon for Genesis (though the fact the seller called it a "disc" worries me, but at that price, I guess it's worth it?)

Also got a Famicom game with worn box and a manual. Sherlock Holmes Part 1. I'm not fully sure I understand the point. An action-adventure game, and it seems Sherlock is on a quest to personally murder just about everyone on the entire British Islands, and steal their money for train fare to continue his rampage. Obviously you cannot take that seriously, and to quote the Angry Nerd "Did any of THAT happen in the books?" :P
(no really, from what I've read of a FAQ, you can't fight the final boss unless you defeat enough/all the bad guys, which seems to be almost everyone in this game's side-scrolling segments)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

MetroidMasher17

658. Posted:

Only a few more hours until I FINALLY have access to my Virtual Boy. (Read my earlier post)
Some people on NL really hate the VB. I should explain. It does NOT melt your eyes out. It melts your eyes out and then laughs at you :D.

But really, the VB doesn't actually do any harm. The headaches and stuff come from people who don't adjust the 3D properly and play for too long. It's like right now, with the 3DS. A lot of people are afraid to buy one because they hear rumors that the 3D is damaging to your eyes. It's not.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

AuthorMessage

Ryno

659. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

The B&W manuals were from later copies made by Majesco, who reprinted games from several different companies.I have a Monopoly and a Goof Troop that also have B&W manuals.

Are you referring to just the early '90s Konami games?
There were three games for NES, three for Game Boy, one for SNES and one for Genesis.
In addition to Tournament Fighters, which came out on NES, SNES and Genesis. And I believe each version of that had different characters. I'd guess that was the only time April was playable, and thus able to do something useful? :D (exclusively in the Genesis version) The NES version of that is the rarest, and especially if you're looking for a complete copy, get ready to spend some serious bucks. It was a very late release and I think the only licensed Street Fighter clone on the NES.

As for my latest purchases, I don't know if these were good prices on amazon. $12+ship for a loose Tumblepop for GameBoy (I only see "new" copies listed for $30, so I can't judge that price well), about $11 shipped for a complete Alisia Dragoon for Genesis (though the fact the seller called it a "disc" worries me, but at that price, I guess it's worth it?)

Also got a Famicom game with worn box and a manual. Sherlock Holmes Part 1. I'm not fully sure I understand the point. An action-adventure game, and it seems Sherlock is on a quest to personally murder just about everyone on the entire British Islands, and steal their money for train fare to continue his rampage. Obviously you cannot take that seriously, and to quote the Angry Nerd "Did any of THAT happen in the books?" :P
(no really, from what I've read of a FAQ, you can't fight the final boss unless you defeat enough/all the bad guys, which seems to be almost everyone in this game's side-scrolling segments)

Good to know about the story behind those ugly B&W SNES manuals. It prompted to look into Majesco a little bit and it says the carts also do not have the warning sticker on the back but instead the warning text is printed in the plastic. Some also claim the front label to be less glossy or a flat matte finish and cheaper/poorer quality overall. I will be avoiding these Majesco re-releases in the future, no doubt! I know its probably not a big deal overall but it is to me personally - I like my stuff as original and as of highest quality possible and definitely don’t want something that has been Majesco-ized. :D

Yeah, I am just just referring to the early 90’s Konami TMNT games. I don’t have any Tournament Fighters games, maybe someday...

Sherlock Holmes sure sounds like an interesting one and I have never heard of those other games you got, you must have quite a few retro titles!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

660. Posted:

WHOA! :O TMNT lV amazing purchase Ryno! I'd tell you how awesome the game is, but I'm sure you already know and even if you didn't I just can't describe how much I absolutely love that game! I think I have the manual lying around somewhere. I'm sure of it actually. Last time I saw it, it was in good shape. I can't believe I don't know where it is. Better find it before someone throws it out. I've had the game since way back when it was released though so no wonder I lost it. Considering how careless i use to be.

My Colors! 3D Gallery