Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 641 to 660 of 4,850

MetroidMasher17

I know I just got a Virtual Boy and all, but I found a copy of Blaster Master for $5! [insert Samus Appearance Jingle] I gotta say, it's a really, really good game. Better even than...The Legend of Zelda!
...not really. But it is fun.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

HawkeyeWii

Resident Evil 3 and am looking for Code Veronica X

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

River City Ransom came in the mail yesterday and I've been playing it in my oddly now rare spare time. I've only played it with my little brother. It's a lot of fun and I like it. BARF!!
Also great news:
I bought A Link to the Past!!! It still saves and it was free first class shipping. It should be here tomorrow if not Thursday for sure. I got it for $16.99. So happy.

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

River City Ransom came in the mail yesterday and I've been playing it in my oddly now rare spare time. I've only played it with my little brother. It's a lot of fun and I like it. BARF!!
Also great news:
I bought A Link to the Past!!! It still saves and it was free first class shipping. It should be here tomorrow if not Thursday for sure. I got it for $16.99. So happy.

You know, I have never played River City Ransom, probably a shame too since I hear nothing but good things. I grew up playing Double Dragon so that series would be my first NES beat 'em up choice. Someday I suppose I will get around to getting a copy of River City Ransom.

A Link to the Past, now you are speaking my language. That is number 3 on the Dyno-Ryno off the video game charts list! Great purchase, you may want to think about replacing that battery before you embark on the magical quest through the light and dark world. That is the problem with buying these battery saved games used. you have no idea how much battery juice is left. But having to restart A Link to the Past if the old battery goes out certainly wouldn't be horrible becuase taht game is just to darn good.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

I went a totally different style of game for me but for $14.70 shipped i thought I would try it out.

Untitled

Heck, with Kirby's Return to Dream Land coming out soon and looking totally fun why not go back to Hal's roots and start with Adventure of Lolo on the NES? I didn't play to much of Lolo back in the day, actually only puzzler I played was Soloman's Key.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ludwig

Expanded the collection by 11. List and justification.
Castelian - owned it before.
Maru's Mission - always wanted to try,
Brain Drain - never heard of it but i'm hoping for puzzles.
Jurassic park - mostly bought it because i hated it when i was young and want to see if it actually is that bad
Yoshi's Cookie - YOSHI!
Asterix + Obelix - i'm a huuuge fanboy of those.
Game + Watch - because i'm still mad for selling my original G+W's when i was 7
Tiny Toons - nostalgia
Alfred Chicken - got it for free.
Heiankyo Alien - recommendation
Mystic Quest - don't need to comment on that i guess.
Going to check them now for functionality now. The first is always the best of the month isn't it?

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

Slapshot

Some SNES game, GBA games and added another GB Colour to my collection (the translucent purple one).

Let's see:
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Ages (GBC)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)
2 Star Wars Games for SNES
Couple of Genesis games, but I'd have to go look as I can't remember exactly which ones.
Mario Pinball GBA
Another copy of Pilotwings 64 ($5, couldn't resist)

Outside of digital downloads, I think that is about all of my last retro splurge. I did just find out about a new retro game store in my area, and I've got to make it down there and check it out soon.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I got:

Growlanser Generations (PS2) - A Strategy RPG with Character designs from my second favorite character designer.
Shining Tears (PS2) - A Shining game that's kinda like Record of Lodoss War.
Sub-Terrian (GEN) - a unique and brutally hard shooter.
NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (GEN) - The definitive edition of a childhood favorite.
Sonic Battle (GBA) - From what I hear it's Super Smash Bros with Sonic Characters and an Isometric view.

All in good condition for under $40 total.

A lot of games I had been looking for for a long time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

i just got Mr. Gimmick!
yes!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Slapshot

Just made a big WayForward retro purchase:

• Sabrina: The Animated Series: ZAPPED! (GBC)
  • Sabrina: The Animated Series: SPOOKED! (GBC)
  • Xtreme Sports (GBC)
  • The Scorpion King: Sword of Osiris (GBA)

Also threw in an awesome Disney classic as well:

• Mickeys Adventure Racing (GBC)

All of these, with shipping, was less than USD$22!

Edited on by Slapshot

CapedGodot

I recently got Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission (GBA), as well as Wario Land 3 for GBC. Fusion was 5 USD, Zero Mission was 10, and Wario land 3 was 8. All of them were totally worth it.

CapedGodot

Retro_on_theGo

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Also great news:

You know, I have never played River City Ransom, probably a shame too since I hear nothing but good things. I grew up playing Double Dragon so that series would be my first NES beat 'em up choice. Someday I suppose I will get around to getting a copy of River City Ransom.

A Link to the Past, now you are speaking my language. That is number 3 on the Dyno-Ryno off the video game charts list! Great purchase, you may want to think about replacing that battery before you embark on the magical quest through the light and dark world. That is the problem with buying these battery saved games used. you have no idea how much battery juice is left. But having to restart A Link to the Past if the old battery goes out certainly wouldn't be horrible becuase taht game is just to darn good.

River City Ransom is the Side scrolling beat'em up NES game for me. It's fun and combines the beat'em up genre with RPG elements. It's really entertaining in single player and multiplayer. I haven't played Double Dragon in forever. Once I'm done with River City I'll look into getting it.
The save battery seems fine in my copy of ALTTP. The seller replaced it so I don't have to worry. I'm more worried about replacing it when it does run out. I know how to, but I'm just so nervous I'll wreck the game, lol. It's a great game so far though. Really enjoying it.

Tasuki

OMG Waveboy that is freakin sweeeeeeet. If I had any room left on my walls I would get that in a flash. How much did that cost ya if you dont mind me asking?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Waveboy: Truthfully that Zelda one would look sweet next my other Zelda wallscroll. One of Link riding Epona with the sunset behind him.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Slapshot

Whaaa? Dude, those are incredible!!!

I'd so get one right now, but I've just gotten a few Retro games and had to put in a Disc order for a couple disc replacements for a Disc Golf Tournament I'm playing in next week, so I've spent enough this week already. Those are awesome though. Great find dude!

Ludwig

GameBoy pocket in silver gone in the mail for me today, seems to be in excellent condition, cost me 15eur. Well, i thought the guy was mental and is selling a GB Light, turns out i should have given it a 2. look, but on the other hand 15eur for a GB pocket in good condition isn't bad either. Still looking for another GB Light though.

Congrats on the Zelda thingy btw.

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

OMG Waveboy that is freakin sweeeeeeet. If I had any room left on my walls I would get that in a flash. How much did that cost ya if you dont mind me asking?

I know hey?
And i think you should just make some room for it haha. It comes in either 16' x 21' which goes for C $21 + $18 for Shipping, or the much larger 32' x 42' going for C $26 plus $18 for shipping. Yet you'd think they'd have a size in between that.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Legend-Zelda-Cartoon-Poster-Fabric-16-...
And maybe Ryno might like a little retro CastleV Scroll action as well. lol
Untitled

Yes indeed, I would like the classic whip scroll. If there ever was something that defined that term that is it! That image is legendary, well for me anyway. Unfortunately though, I don’t think my wife would agree with me on how totally awesome it looks. Haha… Since we live in a 2 bedroom condo now might not be the right time but, when we get a house and I have my room, retro inspired NES and SNES will be part of the décor.

I just did a search for Metroid and that dude's ebay shop and oh man... I am glad no one from work walked by! Anime infused Samus with a hint of perv is not my cup of tea.

But the Zelda scroll is cool no doubt as it captures the essence of the magic of 80’s cartoons. Do take a real picture once you get it and show us. I want a Triforce belt buckle like Zelda has. Would that be to cosplay geeky?

Edited on by theblackdragon

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

Oh man, look what I just recently found stored away at my parents house!

Untitled

The NES Advantage! I was contemplating buying one of these oh so sweet and tangy slices of the original NES accesory pie but it just kinda appeared after being stored away like a pork chop in Draculas castle! Cosmetically it looks good except for "yellowing" of the buttons on the right side (1 or 2 Player, Start, Select, Slow). The "B" button sometimes get stuck in its grove like it gets caught under the lip. I wonder if putting some a small amount of some type of lube would help alleviate this bit of a bummer. I tried this out on TMNT II The Arcade Game and it was like I was at the arcade again. All that was missing was the girls with the perms and the bangs watching

Ok, so now on to the purchase...
Untitled
A complete copy of Karnov for the NES and I am excited because there are not to many complete copies out there especially in this condition and with that addtional insert! How many of you played as this fire breathing Russian circus act as he battles all kinds of crazy creations like dino's, gargoyles, and rock men as a kid? I did, mainly because it had dinosaurs in it. I flippin' loved dinosaurs as a kid and a game with dinosaurs was DINO-mite to me!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ocarinaoftime

I dont no if its considered retro but i got a retron 3.... It plays nes snes and sega geniesis games plus it can play super famicom and sega mega drive(i think thats what the genisis import games are called ) im having a blast playin contra nes mk2 snes and rocket knight adveures for the genies plus other great games...

ocarinaoftime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic