Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 641 to 660 of 4,874

Ryno

Thanks Retro_on_theGo! Yeah oldgamesonly, I found the map online for $17.00 shipped now but I think I will continue to wait and watch and see if I can get it for around $10 or so. How much did you pay for the River City Ransom poster/map? Good luck to you Retro in finding aLTTP CIB at a price you like. What annoys me is a game like this goes for such a high price and it certainly is not because it is rare.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno i payed about 23 bucks for it
it was an ebay bidding war
cant have that

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

7th_lutz

Picked up a bunch of games while I was at the state fair:

Chew-Man-Fu - Tg-16
Dead Moon - Tg-16
Fantasy Zone - Tg - 16
Golden Axe - Sega Master System
Shadowgate Classic - Gameboy Color
Sprintmaster - Atari 2600
Tax Avoiders - Atari 2600

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

caityful

I just picked up an Aqua Blue Gameboy Color from the local GameTraders store. After 13 years, it was in better condition than I've ever seen. Next retro acquisition will be Pokemon Red or Blue.

MetroidMasher17

A Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis.
However, I kinda failed in getting it.
See, I ordered it off of eBay like five days before a month-long trip to Mexico. Of course it didn't get there in time, so I asked a friend who is looking after the house to pick it up when he saw it. I'll get it in 4 days, though, almost coming back to the States.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just bought an NES with Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, 2 controllers, 1 zapper, and hook ups!
I'm so excited to play it!!!

Congrats Retro, you are now free to play any North American NES game you want and are no longer held back by the VC! Quite liberating isn't it? Capcom Disney classics, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade Game & Manhattan Project), Contra, overlooked and forgotten about gems are all available to you now. Looking forward to see what you get

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

A Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis.
However, I kinda failed in getting it.
See, I ordered it off of eBay like five days before a month-long trip to Mexico. Of course it didn't get there in time, so I asked a friend who is looking after the house to pick it up when he saw it. I'll get it in 4 days, though, almost coming back to the States.

Oh boy, a Virtual Boy! What a classic piece of Nintendo history that will go really well along with Nintendo's other failure the 3DS. I kid, I kid... settle down. I would actually get a 3DS if I was still a youngster and had enough video game time for it. But I don't muc to everyone's dismay. The Virtual Boy would be a great for my ever expanding gnarly Nintendo collection though

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Deleted84

Hah, I still have my virtual Boy....Even though it's been struck but the flew. Damn those double red lines.
I also kind of regret selling my complete and mint US Copy of Jack Bros That was like holding onto a piece of gaming treasure....It's rare these days seeing a complete US copy going for sale on eBay. They pop up here and there, but they're still rare nonetheless.

And Ryno, it sucks that you don't have the time to blast out a little game time with the 3DS, but I'm sure the moment a new Metroid is released for it you'll snag one up. I for one love the system(Awesome 3D technology aside), but that's mostly because of the Virtual Console at the moment....Plus, i still need to get Zelda OOT 3D.

Edited on by Deleted84

Deleted84

Winslow

I just got Illusion of Gaia with the box.

3DS Friend Code:
5198-2526-6139

BenAV

Pokemon Yellow.
It was the first Gameboy game that I ever had as a child, and although I no longer have my copy I found my old Gameboy Color in (barely) working condition so I decided to buy Pokemon Yellow again.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

1upsuper

I believe my last "retro" purchase was Solstice, for the NES. It's an alright game (I never was big on iso games), but I mostly got it so I could listen to the amazing title screen music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
Yeah, it's that awesome.

Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper

Ryno

Ouch WaveBoy, sold your complete copy of Jack Bros???
You are probably right, if a new Metroid comes out for the 3DS that could push me over the top. Especially, with Kid Icarus, a new Metal Gear, and RE Revelations in the future I can admit it becomes more tempting all the time. I stared at the 3DS for awhile last Thursday when it was $169.99 at Target and I could still log on and become an Ambassador. I think I will hold off though and get a Wii U because the only portable gaming I do anyway is with my GBA SP at lunch on my hour break during work. If I am gaming at home I would rather fire up the NES, SNES, Wii, or PS3 and play on the tube.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Cowabunga Dudes! I had to snap this photo of these games together because I recently got TMNT III: The Manhattan Project for NES and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES both complete to go along with my copy of TMNT II: The Aracde Game that I have had for a little while now I would also like to note that the manual of the TMNT IV is the color copy and not the bogus black and white manual that Konami produced later. What is up with those anyway Konami, I see they exist for both TMNT IV and Super Castlevania IV? Just being cheap, anything TMNT related in black and white is a total travesty ;p

Untitled

The question is now do I get the first TMNT game for the NES? It is definitely not my favorite game but I had it is a kid and maybe I should get it to complete the tetralogy? Then there are the Gameboy TMNT games, how many where there, 3?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

The B&W manuals were from later copies made by Majesco, who reprinted games from several different companies.
I have a Monopoly and a Goof Troop that also have B&W manuals.

Are you referring to just the early '90s Konami games?
There were three games for NES, three for Game Boy, one for SNES and one for Genesis.
In addition to Tournament Fighters, which came out on NES, SNES and Genesis. And I believe each version of that had different characters. I'd guess that was the only time April was playable, and thus able to do something useful? (exclusively in the Genesis version) The NES version of that is the rarest, and especially if you're looking for a complete copy, get ready to spend some serious bucks. It was a very late release and I think the only licensed Street Fighter clone on the NES.

As for my latest purchases, I don't know if these were good prices on amazon. $12+ship for a loose Tumblepop for GameBoy (I only see "new" copies listed for $30, so I can't judge that price well), about $11 shipped for a complete Alisia Dragoon for Genesis (though the fact the seller called it a "disc" worries me, but at that price, I guess it's worth it?)

Also got a Famicom game with worn box and a manual. Sherlock Holmes Part 1. I'm not fully sure I understand the point. An action-adventure game, and it seems Sherlock is on a quest to personally murder just about everyone on the entire British Islands, and steal their money for train fare to continue his rampage. Obviously you cannot take that seriously, and to quote the Angry Nerd "Did any of THAT happen in the books?"
(no really, from what I've read of a FAQ, you can't fight the final boss unless you defeat enough/all the bad guys, which seems to be almost everyone in this game's side-scrolling segments)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

MetroidMasher17

Only a few more hours until I FINALLY have access to my Virtual Boy. (Read my earlier post)
Some people on NL really hate the VB. I should explain. It does NOT melt your eyes out. It melts your eyes out and then laughs at you .

But really, the VB doesn't actually do any harm. The headaches and stuff come from people who don't adjust the 3D properly and play for too long. It's like right now, with the 3DS. A lot of people are afraid to buy one because they hear rumors that the 3D is damaging to your eyes. It's not.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

The B&W manuals were from later copies made by Majesco, who reprinted games from several different companies.I have a Monopoly and a Goof Troop that also have B&W manuals.

Are you referring to just the early '90s Konami games?
There were three games for NES, three for Game Boy, one for SNES and one for Genesis.
In addition to Tournament Fighters, which came out on NES, SNES and Genesis. And I believe each version of that had different characters. I'd guess that was the only time April was playable, and thus able to do something useful? (exclusively in the Genesis version) The NES version of that is the rarest, and especially if you're looking for a complete copy, get ready to spend some serious bucks. It was a very late release and I think the only licensed Street Fighter clone on the NES.

As for my latest purchases, I don't know if these were good prices on amazon. $12+ship for a loose Tumblepop for GameBoy (I only see "new" copies listed for $30, so I can't judge that price well), about $11 shipped for a complete Alisia Dragoon for Genesis (though the fact the seller called it a "disc" worries me, but at that price, I guess it's worth it?)

Also got a Famicom game with worn box and a manual. Sherlock Holmes Part 1. I'm not fully sure I understand the point. An action-adventure game, and it seems Sherlock is on a quest to personally murder just about everyone on the entire British Islands, and steal their money for train fare to continue his rampage. Obviously you cannot take that seriously, and to quote the Angry Nerd "Did any of THAT happen in the books?"
(no really, from what I've read of a FAQ, you can't fight the final boss unless you defeat enough/all the bad guys, which seems to be almost everyone in this game's side-scrolling segments)

Good to know about the story behind those ugly B&W SNES manuals. It prompted to look into Majesco a little bit and it says the carts also do not have the warning sticker on the back but instead the warning text is printed in the plastic. Some also claim the front label to be less glossy or a flat matte finish and cheaper/poorer quality overall. I will be avoiding these Majesco re-releases in the future, no doubt! I know its probably not a big deal overall but it is to me personally - I like my stuff as original and as of highest quality possible and definitely don’t want something that has been Majesco-ized.

Yeah, I am just just referring to the early 90’s Konami TMNT games. I don’t have any Tournament Fighters games, maybe someday...

Sherlock Holmes sure sounds like an interesting one and I have never heard of those other games you got, you must have quite a few retro titles!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Retro_on_theGo

WHOA! TMNT lV amazing purchase Ryno! I'd tell you how awesome the game is, but I'm sure you already know and even if you didn't I just can't describe how much I absolutely love that game! I think I have the manual lying around somewhere. I'm sure of it actually. Last time I saw it, it was in good shape. I can't believe I don't know where it is. Better find it before someone throws it out. I've had the game since way back when it was released though so no wonder I lost it. Considering how careless i use to be.

Tasuki

Nice purchase there Ryno. TMNT 3 was just as good as TMNT 2 IMO and TMNT IV well I liked the SNES version better than the Arcade version. Great purchases indeed.

As some one brought up if you are looking into the TMNT Tournament FIghter games than I suggest that you get each version (NES, SNES, Genesis) cause each one has its own storyline and characters even though they all have the same name.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Deleted84

Ryno wrote:

Cowabunga Dudes! I had to snap this photo of these games together because I recently got TMNT III: The Manhattan Project for NES and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES both complete to go along with my copy of TMNT II: The Aracde Game that I have had for a little while now I would also like to note that the manual of the TMNT IV is the color copy and not the bogus black and white manual that Konami produced later. What is up with those anyway Konami, I see they exist for both TMNT IV and Super Castlevania IV? Just being cheap, anything TMNT related in black and white is a total travesty ;p

Untitled

The question is now do I get the first TMNT game for the NES? It is definitely not my favorite game but I had it is a kid and maybe I should get it to complete the tetralogy? Then there are the Gameboy TMNT games, how many where there, 3?

Holy Crap! Your CIB Purcahses always instantly make me jelous, especially this purchase.lol
I have the TMNT 1-3 cartridges, yet i still haven't got around to playing TMNT III yet. Nostalgia takes me back especially with TMNT II: The Arcade game(Such an AWESOME game back in the day) back at Chuck E Cheese's and the Arcades, along with TMNT & TMNT II on the Nes, but TMNT III somehow managed to escape my ultra wrath.

Anyways, you might as well buy the first TMNT CIB to complete your collection, yeesh! what would Splinter think?
As for the GB TMNT games, I have Fall of the Foot Clan and Back from the Sewers. Both are pretty narly in their own ways, but ultimately 2 is the better game. You'll finish the first in a matter of no time since it's super easy and pretty short, but for what it is, it's still satisfying and fun to play regardless of it's super simplicity. As for me, i really want to pick up TMNT III: Radical Rescue but it's soooo rare.....on eBay that is. Amazon.com however has 10 for sale and you can get it fror pretty cheap.

Plus it's a departure from I & II, since it's supposed to kind of plays like Metroid, which should instantly win you over.

Turtles with Metroid-styled gameplay is a rare breed indeed, i so need to get on it!

And Ryno whatever you do, do NOT get TMNT: Smash-Up...Trust me on this one. It still blows me away that some of the developers from Smash Bros(which is a fantastic franchise) worked on this one, because in no way does it show. it's a lifeless, shallow, empty, clunky and half assed experience. Avoid like the Noid!

Edited on by Deleted84

Deleted84

Ryno

@Retro I loved TMNT IV as a kid, I still remember the day when I saved my money along with my mom agreeing to help out with a little bit of the cost and driving me to Toys R’ Us to buy it. I remember just holding that precious box in my hands and staring at it on the drive back just amazed! It is crazy to be able to pinpoint specific memories on when I got these games as a kid. I can’t remember when or how I bought some current PS3 and Wii games but I certainly remember when I bought each old NES and SNES game! Anybody else that way or did video games just have a powerful mystical way of cementing memories into my mind? You better find that manual (better be in color, and not the Farley Fruit Snacks coupon one though), the TMNT manuals are fun to read with all there cool 80’s jive talk! That is cool that you still have your original Game Pak (manual?) though.

@Tasuki Thanks man, I remember what you said about TMNT IV and how that was your favorite when compared to the Arcade and Xbox360 versions. I won’t have to bug you for TMNT III anymore. Finding The Manhattan Project CIB sure is more rare than having a bad pizza though. There are just not many of those suckers out there!

@Waveboy You haven’t gotten around to playing your copy TMNT III yet? Wow, surprised, I thought you would have been all over that like a yellow jumpsuit on April O’Neil! I know what you mean though about the heavy dose of nostalgia associated with the TMNT II. That game is near legendary status of NESdom if you ask me.
So you are right, I will get the original NES TMNT someday with every turtle looking like Raph’s on the cover. Disappointing Splinter is the last thing I want to do; I would rather jump in a hornet’s nest covered in honey then do that for pete sakes! I do want those three Gameboy games, I remember originally having Fall of the Foot Clan and enjoying it. I don’t know if I ever played Back From the Sewers or Radical Rescue though. Ha, if Radical Rescue is like Metroid then that just has to be fantastic! Consider those three on the list! To me, TMNT was and is in the style of the 1987-1996 animated series and original 3 TMNT movies so I won’t be touching Smash Up. Besides I have heard too many bad things about that and now including you, who I consider one of my most trusted advisers of all things TMNT

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic