Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 621 to 640 of 3,602

AuthorMessage

JGMR

621. Posted:

Very nice purchase indeed :p

My latest purchase was a semi-retro one :

Datel's Retro (Famicom-style) Controller (for Wii)
Untitled

It's buttons feel durable. It has been a long time since i had such small (nes & famicom-sized) controller in my hands. The only downside of a controller like this, is obviously, the lack of two analogue sticks that are needed for the N64 VC titles and compatible Wii-titles. Nevertheless, a great controller.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Toad64

622. Posted:

Just added a couple new games to my collection. X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse for SNES, Gargoyle's Quest for Game Boy and Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for GameCube.
Put up a small post with pics and descriptions here!

Come check out my site! I'm normally talking old games and whatnot. Stop by, leave a comment, and let me know what you think!
http://www.Painted-Pixels.com

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

623. Posted:

Went to my local Retro store today to look around nothing caught my eye but I did find out that they do have an Ebay page as well. I am not sure how to search by sellers but if you guys want you look for seller: 7734Graham on Ebay.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

624. Posted:

Not the most exciting purchase but when I can get NES and SNES games complete in box with manual for under $15.00 shipped I am pretty happy. Plus I am sucker for the early SNES games. I am definitely not the biggest shmup'er around but I think they are fun from time to time. It is just good ole' classic old-skool gaming fun. :D

Untitled

What other games did Irem or Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media make besides the R-Type series and MetalStorm?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

625. Posted:

They had the Hammerin' Harry series, but only three made it outside of Japan.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/hammerin/hammerin.htm

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

KingMike

626. Posted:

Actually, one of the Game Boy games was released in Europe, and the PSP game was released in North America.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

627. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Actually, one of the Game Boy games was released in Europe, and the PSP game was released in North America.

Corrected, thanks for catching that. I have no idea how I missed the PSP version. It even had a scan of the North American box! :P

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

ogo79

628. Posted:

Psycho Dream for the super famicom...
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

629. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

They had the Hammerin' Harry series, but only three made it outside of Japan.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/hammerin/hammerin.htm

Thanks, never heard of Hammerin' Harry. Is it fun?

oldgamesonly wrote:

Looks pretty freakin' weird... but awesome.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

630. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Untitled

Now that's officially one of the coolest Video game logo/titles I've ever seen. Any videogame involving dreams instantly has my inerest. B-)

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

631. Posted:

@WaveBoy
and @Ryno:
i love that sticker myself, the title screen is awesome too.
yeah the games weird but its like that King Of Demons SFAM one i got earlier, more obscure games the better. Psycho Dream is by the makers of Valis and was actually coming to usa but never made it, heres the SNES version we never seen with an alternate name...
Untitled
and the SFAM game is actually in all english no repro, thats how it was made:
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

632. Posted:

@oldgamesonly
I still have a ton of SNES and NES games I would like to get but someday I may want to get some Super Famicom games. Have you heard anything about modifying a North American SNES to play Super Famicom games?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

633. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@oldgamesonly
I still have a ton of SNES and NES games I would like to get but someday I may want to get some Super Famicom games. Have you heard anything about modifying a North American SNES to play Super Famicom games

Sorry Rhino we are not allowed to talk about those thing on this site.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

634. Posted:

id use a retron3 as it plays super famicom games without the modding and the games are clear...
i wont break my tabs on my mini snes
or i can use a real super famicom
but yeah that method works
its also important to note if you are getting into imports you obviously need to know which games you can play to avoid the language barrier unless you can read Japanese. :)

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

635. Posted:

Hey Ryno what happened to your Radical Retro Realm of ??? Thread?
It seems to have vanished off the face of the planet. :p

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

636. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

id use a retron3 as it plays super famicom games without the modding and the games are clear...
i wont break my tabs on my mini snes
or i can use a real super famicom
but yeah that method works
its also important to note if you are getting into imports you obviously need to know which games you can play to avoid the language barrier unless you can read Japanese. :)

Its weird they are just plastic tabs on the SNES but I would feel bad about cutting them so I may look into a retron to play Super Famicom games if I exhaust the library of SNES games I want to play. I took Japanese in high school so I can at least read the text, may not know what it means though! haha...

WaveBoy wrote:

Hey Ryno what happened to your Radical Retro Realm of ??? Thread?
It seems to have vanished off the face of the planet. :p

I straight up axed it. I don't know, I would like to have a daily discussion/ QoTD thread retro related but I dont think the retro forum on this site is to popular and it wouldn't be very lively.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ulven

637. Posted:

Super Metroid & F-Zero

Add me for friend safari and I'll give you two US dollars

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0478-1048 | Nintendo Network ID: THE_WOLF

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

638. Posted:

I just picked up F-Zero X and F-Zero GX at Slackers. X was $10 and GX was only $8. I've played GX quite a bit in the past, but I've never played X. It should tide me over until Nintendo eventually releases a new F-Zero game.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

16bitguy

639. Posted:

Just bought Out to Lunch snes with the box and manuel.

16bitguy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

640. Posted:

16bitguy wrote:

Just bought Out to Lunch snes with the box and manuel.

nice
this makes me want to pop in Panic Restaurant on my top loading nes

the_shpydar wrote: