Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 521 to 540 of 4,850

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

i just ordered King Of Demons for the Super Famicom.
but this is a repro in english, check it out...

its like Castlevania meets Ghouls n Ghosts

Awesome purchase oldgamesonly. I know nothing about that game but it looks sweet!

I changed things up from the usual and got some sutff for my SNES. I have been wanting this one game FOR-EV-ER... It is usually to flippin' expensive though and tough to find with box and manual because Capcom did not make very many copies of this game.

Untitled

The main game that I wanted out of this lot was Demon's Crest with box and manual. The condition is not the greatest but I will live I guess... As a bonus it also comes with Super Ghouls n' Ghosts. As for the The Addams Family - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt I don't really want... Maybe I can get a couple bucks for that? Anyway, check out the awesomeness that is Demon's Crest. The music is so amazingly haunting!

Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Retro_on_theGo

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I bought Megaman X off ebay today! $8.02! Only 2 cents more then what it's worth on VC! If you don't count shipping that is. I had to pay $3.99 for shipping. Can't wait to play the game. Who needs VC when you can get the original thing for an equal or better price!

Nice work Retro! The best thing about the VC is that the actual Game Paks become more affordabe (less demand) after they are released on the VC!

Yeah, I'm so glad it does too. Makes the retro collecting just a little bit more affordable.
Great purchase too! The box looks like it's in pretty decent condition from the picture. I could live that. As for the adma's Family game I bet you can get at least 5 bucks for it. Also let me know how Super Ghots n' Ghouls is. I never got to try it out, but if It's fun (and not as suicidal as the original arcade one) I would like to get a copy.
Currently hunting down a NES on ebay. I got a majority of the titles I want for the SNES so I thought it might be time to expand. I'm finding some pretty good deals, but I still need to round up the money for them. I hope I can get it soon to play Megaman 1,2,3, and some Mario Bros!

Tasuki

Ok as I said before heres the difference music wise Final Fight CD and Final Fight Arcade.

This is the fist stage from Final Fight CD

and this is the Arcade

Heres the Arcade intro

And heres the Sega CD version

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NeoShinobi

@Tasuki: Excellent purchase, I would probably get a Sega CD just for that game.

As for me, I've recently came across a handfull of dirt cheap Sega Saturn games. The only one of which I've played so far is Battle Arena Toshinden Remix. It's a pretty dated fighting game, but still very,very entertaining.

Edited on by NeoShinobi

.... or something like that.

Tasuki

@NeoShinobi: Thanks. Not a bad purchase there yourself one of the reasons I have such fond memories of the Playstation is that game right there.

As for Final Fight CD I have been wanting that game since I first played it on the Sega CD back when if first came out for the Sega CD. I never had the chance to buy it years ago so I finally broke down and got it today.

My Backlog

ogo79

@Ryno
yeah man, King Of Demons is like Demons Crest. you should check it out on youtube sometime

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

Well I went to a local retro store to look for Mega Man V on Gameboy. The didnt have an copies of MMV but I did by this instead for $15

Untitled

I got it C.I.B. with the book and even the white cardboard insert. I am so stoked I havent bought a game like this in a long time usually its cartridges only.

I would post a pic of it but I dont know how to get pics from my phone to my PC yeah I am not that techy lol.

Oh yeah and I also bought a few extra SNES controllers that were refurbished.

My Backlog

Widdowson91

I'm a retro gamer, so mainly most of the games I buy are retro ones. I'm also mainly a SNES aficionado becuase I think it's the best console ever made. The last game I bought was a complete version of the brilliant Gradius III.

Widdowson91

Tasuki

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Awesome purchase Tasuki! I got the game a while off ebay and I have to say I love it. It definitely holds up well for a game around 20 years old! Great choice by picking up the refurbished controllers. Those are always great. Not having to deal with the darn start button all the time.

Thanks. Yeah the one reason that I like this store I go to is that they owners take really good care of the stuff even to the point of taking the things apart and refurbishing them. Also all the games that have batteries for the save files they replace before they put them on the shelf, so I never have to worry about buying a game with a bad battery.

Yeah I played Star Fox for a bit tonight and yeah it has held up pretty well, I had some trouble getting through the asteroid field since its been about 15 years or so since I played the game. But yeah definitely worth the price.

My Backlog

JGMR

Mwhuahahaha!!!

Today was a good day...

Untitled

Metal Gear Solid - NTSC US - New
Resident Evil 2 - NTSC US - New
Resident Evil 3 - NTSC US - New, still sealed
Ridge Racer Type 4 - NTSC Jap - New, Mint, but badly treated cover.
Ridge Racer Revolution - PAL - New, still sealed

With kind regards,

JGMR

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Yeah, I'm so glad it does too. Makes the retro collecting just a little bit more affordable.
Great purchase too! The box looks like it's in pretty decent condition from the picture. I could live that. As for the adma's Family game I bet you can get at least 5 bucks for it. Also let me know how Super Ghots n' Ghouls is. I never got to try it out, but if It's fun (and not as suicidal as the original arcade one) I would like to get a copy.
Currently hunting down a NES on ebay. I got a majority of the titles I want for the SNES so I thought it might be time to expand. I'm finding some pretty good deals, but I still need to round up the money for them. I hope I can get it soon to play Megaman 1,2,3, and some Mario Bros!

I will let you know about Super Ghouls N' Ghosts whenever I get around to it, I have such a retro backlog Which/how many SNES games do you have? My SNES has been seriously neglected as of late. That is awesome you are looking into getting a NES soon, there are so MANY games for it!
@Tasuki Wow, 2 games in one week! NIce purchase, I bought Starfox CIB back around March, good game, one of my faves as a kid. The first level song is unforgetteable. I was surprised the first time I played it I made it to the last level on the easy route. Dang, limited continues!

@90s_Gamer Nice find!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

SonicMaster

Ryno wrote:

Here is my latest NES game, Strider.
Untitled

I never have played it but I like Capcom NES games so for less than $12 shipped to get it CIB I figured what the heck? I have read that the controls are a little jerky and glitchy and one of the weakpoints in the game but that it is still a fun action adventure.

Haha, I've heard that it's completely inferior to the Genesis version .

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

Ryno

Master_Genesis wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Here is my latest NES game, Strider.

I never have played it but I like Capcom NES games so for less than $12 shipped to get it CIB I figured what the heck? I have read that the controls are a little jerky and glitchy and one of the weakpoints in the game but that it is still a fun action adventure.

Haha, I've heard that it's completely inferior to the Genesis version .

Expected response from a Genesis fanboy NES Strider is completely different from the Genesis or the arcade Strider and was only released in N.A. The NES version also more closely follows the Strider Hiryu manga.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: I know lol I am just going crazy with the retro purchases arent I? Lol. But as I said I went to the store looking of MMV on Gameboy but after the guy told me that he didnt have any in I stupidlly looked around and saw the C.I.B. Star Fox and just couldnt let it go. I knew that if I didnt get it I would regret it later. Still waiting on Final Fight CD though.

My Backlog

SonicMaster

Hey, I'm not a Genesis fanboy just cause of my username . I'm just saying that's what I've heard. (lol, it was actually from one video review of the Genesis Strider ) I don't even OWN Strider!

SonicMaster

Retro_on_theGo

Megaman X came in the mail yesterday! Me and my little brother have been playing it all day today and yesterday! it's sooo much fun! I can't believe how good the music is and smooth the gameplay is too.
My only gripe is that if you push the dash and jump button at the same time you don't dash jump, just regular jump. I can't tell you how many times that killed me/nearly killed me. Still a great fun game! I can totally see how the suspend feature in VC would benefit this game though. It was a bit annoying have to re-fight all the bosses at once or start all over if you turn the game off. Still did it though. Currently stuck on Sigma.
SPOILER My brother found the Street Fighter reference Capsule by accident! You can do a Hadouken!!! How awesome is that? XD I LOVE Megaman X for the SNES!

JGMR

@Ryno Yes haha, i felt like i was 16 y/o again today, LOL!

But there's more to come soon...

Xevious 3D/G+ - NTSC US - New <-------- AVERY VERY underrated arcade title imo (disc also contains Xevious Arragement which has a sountrack worth buying alone)
Starblade DX - PAL - New
Die Hard Trilogy - Pal - New
Thunderhawk 2 - Pal - New
Tempest X3 - Pal - New
WipEout - Pal - New
Exhumed - Pal - New
Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver - Pal - New
Pitfall 3D - Pal -New <----- Another extremely underrated gem...

I wish i could get my hands on FFVII and Tekken 2...once again...

With kind regards,

JGMR

JGMR

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I can't believe how good the music is and smooth the gameplay is too.

Spark Mandrill stage music FTW! B) Sigma's stage music is just beautiful....

Great game my friend.

With kind regards,

JGMR

JGMR

Oh, and so is Demon Crest!!! (back when Capcom was a quality company)

With kind regards,

JGMR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic