Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 501 to 520 of 3,515

AuthorMessage

KingMike

501. Posted:

I haven't seen the third movie, just the AVGN's review. But even that was enough to convince me of why he destroyed his copy. :P

I kinda like the Mario movie as well, even though I know it makes an abomination of the license. How could somebody who knows who Big Bertha is have messed up that bad? :P

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

502. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I wonder if they'll ever produce a 4th TMNT movie.

They did make a fourth movie it came out in 2007 and it was CGI.

Yeah I know, but CGI isn't the same for me. I wish someone would produce a sequel to The Super Mario Bro's movie as well. That movie was awesome, even my mother enjoyed it some what.

There is a new TMNT movies in the Works, and it's going to be live action. Sadly Platinum Dunes will be behind it....The guys who royally fudged up the Nightmare on elm street remake and who came up with other highly polished flashy craptastic horror flicks, which were mostly inferior remakes. ah well, it's better than nothing and at least it's not CG! I for one felt that 'that' CG TMNT flick was totaly mediocre.

They butchered Casey Jone's character, made april a ninja and had an uninteresting cast of baddies, with one lame score....Even though I haven't seen TMNT III, I'm sure it was more enjoyable. Anyways, The best scene in CG TMNT had to of been the roof top battle between Raph and Leo. Big Suprise. :p
I mean seriously, they had a roster of awesome baddies to choose from....Baxter Stockman, The Rat King, Kraing, The Shredder ect ect...And what was the deal with some of the backdrops, they look faded and painted looking at times.

Anyways, nothing compares to the original TMNT live action movie. That roof top battle at the end against shredder gave us kids chills back in the day! It was an epic moment in turtles history, and I LOVE the song that plays the moment they begin to fight. B-)

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

503. Posted:

@Waveboy: The reason Krang was never in any of the TMNT movies is cause Krang was made just for the 80's cartoon series. The movies they based more off of the comic books, more then the series. Thats why Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Stone Warrios etc. were no where to be seen. In fact Tokka and Rahzar were originally going to be Bebop and Rocksteady but the creators didnt want them in the second movie cause they wanted to step away from the cartoon series.

I dont know though with the movie. It scares me now that Nickelodeon owns the rights to TMNT I am kind afraid its going end up really cheesy like Power Rangers. Now if they could guys that did Avatar: The Last Air Bender to do the new TMNT series it might actually be worth wild.

Speaking of TMMT movies. An interesting movie to see is Turtles Forever. I dont want to give anything away but if your a huge TMNT fan you might find that movie interesting.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

504. Posted:

This forum always come back to TMNT Haha.... :D

Anyway, I just bought this Super Complete Nes classic B-)
Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

505. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

This forum always come back to TMNT Haha.... :D

Ok guys after sitting on it for awhile I decide to make the following thread so we dont keep derailing this one.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_uno...

We can now go here to discuss anything TMNT. :D

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

506. Posted:

Just bought a frontloader NES along with Tiny Toon Adventures. The NES works perfectly and the game is awesome.

My toploader had been showing signs of major wear and tear.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

507. Posted:

I downloaded Crono Trigger on VC when it came out. I waited several weeks to get into it, partly because I was a bit intimidated by such a legendary title and I knew how long it would be. I didn't want to start it and then take any long breaks from it. Well, I've been playing for a few hours and the game is outstanding. It's much like the Mario rpgs in that you can see your enemy (NO RANDOM BATTLES!) and you don't have to fight anything in the overworld. The graphics are outstanding for a SNES title and the music, oh the music. This is music I'll never forget. Plus, I can already tell the story is going to be epic. Battles are fun too, with the Techs and such.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

OmegaM

508. Posted:

My latest Retro purchase was Sonic The Hedghog 2 for the Sega Master System for 5€ boxed and no instructions. I'm currently seeking a SNES and a Super Game Boy so I can play my game boy titles with style XD.

Now playing - R-Type Final PS2
My backloggery - http://backloggery.com/OmegaMarcus/
My Gpxplus - http://my.gpxpl.us/OmegaMarcus

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

509. Posted:

OmegaM wrote:

My latest Retro purchase was Sonic The Hedghog 2 for the Sega Master System for 5€ boxed and no instructions. I'm currently seeking a SNES and a Super Game Boy so I can play my game boy titles with style XD.

I never knew Super Gameboy ever existed.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

510. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

OmegaM wrote:

Yep it was an adapter that you put into the cartridge slot so you can play Gamboy games on your SNES.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

OmegaM

511. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

OmegaM wrote:

Like it was briefly explained, it's a cartridge adaptor you put on the SNES and after that you put your GB and GB/GBC games(the ones with the black cartridge) in that adaptor and it would appear with a coloured pallet, sometimes each game got enhanced feautures like stereo sound, 2 player suport only using a second controller and stuff like that.

Now playing - R-Type Final PS2
My backloggery - http://backloggery.com/OmegaMarcus/
My Gpxplus - http://my.gpxpl.us/OmegaMarcus

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

512. Posted:

Do you guys remember the 'Interactor' rumble vest, that was made for the Genesis and Super Nintendo? It had to be the worst video game related purchase I've ever made. It worked horribly, was uncomfortable and cost me $90 with tax. I returned to KB and got my money back, then proceeded to Babbages and purchased Earthbound for $60. Which turned out to be one of my best purchases ever. Sometimes I think I was trying to make up for the fact that I never owned a Power Glove. I don't know, do you have a worst video game related purchase?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

513. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@WaveBoy Looks like the cheapest CIB Contra on Ebay is going for $40 + $4 shipping. Speaking of Contra, my buddy and I played through it the other night and of course we used the Konami code. Lets just say hs retro gaming skills have diminished. Actually, I don't think he had the greatest ones to begin with! haha... :D He couldn't get over how difficult those games were compared to the regenerating health and save points around every corner weak sauce of today. I actually like Super C better than Contra, I am not the biggest fan of the "3D" levels and the final level and boss are a little underwhelming. But nontheless, still an awesome NES game that is a MUST for any NES collection! B-D

So how do you have T&C displayed? Proudly I hope and hopefully not just in some closet with the boogeyman and your dirty socks :p My wife is just going to love my NES collection out and about displayed all the while it continues to grow! :D

Oh, and nice 80's movie reference! "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, an' I'm fine."

Was Donatello your favorite NInja Turtle? Mine was Michaelangelo. Do you have Mortal Kombat, I don't but it does look cool and I might redbox it for a couple of days. Street Fighter III you say, I have never played that actually... Blue cartridges??? Was that some Canadian thing? :p Vice Project Doom made the cover of Nintendo Power! If you would like a game that have a little Shmup, FPS, and action platforming all bundled up in one Game Pak then I recommend you check out some reviews and vids if you have not yet already done so.

I have not played StarTropics yet, I have just tested it to make sure it works. The title screen tune is catchy, looking forward to hearing the rest of the MIDI's. Should I replace the battery? I do plan on playing it in the near future, probably after I finish decapitating fiends in Ninja Gaiden Sigma II with the Dragon Sword.

Untitled
Some of my favorite games on the cover. Mega Man III was my first, I think it is Issue 30

Untitled
Before the Internet and still the best way to get help with NES games if you need it.

Untitled
I loved looking at "Classified Information" and discovering some cool new codes for my games :) This one I just opened and found codes for TMNT II.

It would be great to get the magazines I missed before the Mega Man III cover. That is sweet that you are currently subscribed to Nintendo Power, I am tempted. I would probably be a little dissapointed with not seeing enough NES and SNES info though!

Shadowgate - you should be able to find cheap CIB, like $10-$15, Mega Man 2 well I am sure you know... One of these days I will pick both those up. NInja Gaiden III is on the top of my list.

I could never get past the Snow Stage in Contra when I was younger. I remember my baby sitter and her boyfriend would come down a curl up on the sofa behind me while I was playing Contra, and whenever i'd look back they were always locking lips and tumbling around under their blanket. lol And man, Contra holds a special place in my heart, not only because of the amazing 1st stage, along with the music and those epic 3D in-base levels, but because when i was younger i got a gift from my mom when she came back from Hawaii, and it was none other than Contra! I never even asked for it, it was just a random suprise. :p I STILL remember that moment, hell i must of been around 6 years old.

Anyway, I played and finished Super C for the first time back in January on the Wii's VC and you know... i enjoyed it quite a bit...But it just doesn't match the creativeness and awesomeness of the original. The music was a huge letdown compared to the originals, and i didn't like those over the head top-down stages either. The bosses seemed bland this time around, mostly taking on generic and unmemorable machinery. The stages didn't stand out really either, and it seemed much easier than the first....I see it as a 7.5. But I enjoyed it more than Contra III, but Contra 4 for the DS schools them both! B-) Too bad you could never quite tell when bullets were blasting into your screen because of the gap.lol

But ya, I hear ya about all of these pathetic save points and these countless modern PS3/360 games that hold you by the hand, and offer next to no challenge. Kids these days would be crying if they had to beat the Ninja Gaiden Nes games, especially III....Anybody who can beat that one gets major props from me. The most difficult Nes game I've ever faced, aside from Ghost 'n Goblins and a few other titles because they were just poorly deisgned. :p Amagon is one of them haha.

And dude! Aghhhh, my Sealed copy of T & Surf ended up getting a narly slit on the side of it, so the wrapping was a bit shredded and hanging off the side. So i thought, hey fudge it...And wripped open the wrapping and opened the sucker up! :o
Besides it only cost me $55, but at the same time it's rare that you see a sealed copy of T & C Surf on eBay these days. Ah well! These games are ment to be played, and it felt pretty awesome opening it up! The Nes game itself was wrapped in a tight wrapping, which you never get for buying games CIB online....Not that it matters, but it's still pretty cool. Open up that Vice Doom game and you'll see for yourself. Even the T & C Surf cartridge itself is super shiny mint...it's crazy, because it's actually brand new.

And Yup, my stuff is displayed in full glory.lol I'm a total neat freak, everythings organised and spottless with me. :P No Boogey man for me, just the crazy memories of the actual Boogey Man in that ghostbusters cartoon episode.lol

And hell yes to the Spicoli reference, Fast Times at Ridgemont High is one of the best 80's movie ever! I'm actually going to be Spicoli for this halloween! My cousin is a makeup artist, and she's going to do the whole shabang and make it happen! :p

And my fav Turtle would have to be.......Ahhh, it's tough to say, I love them almost equally, but I'd have to say Micealangelo....Her's a care free goofy party dude haha. And I'm jelous of your NP Collection, for now I'd just be happy with the first original issue. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

514. Posted:

I bought the original Super Smash Bros. a couple days ago. I've been playing it with my brother all day on the N64. It's so much fun!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

515. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: The reason Krang was never in any of the TMNT movies is cause Krang was made just for the 80's cartoon series. The movies they based more off of the comic books, more then the series. Thats why Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Stone Warrios etc. were no where to be seen. In fact Tokka and Rahzar were originally going to be Bebop and Rocksteady but the creators didnt want them in the second movie cause they wanted to step away from the cartoon series.

I dont know though with the movie. It scares me now that Nickelodeon owns the rights to TMNT I am kind afraid its going end up really cheesy like Power Rangers. Now if they could guys that did Avatar: The Last Air Bender to do the new TMNT series it might actually be worth wild.

Speaking of TMMT movies. An interesting movie to see is Turtles Forever. I dont want to give anything away but if your a huge TMNT fan you might find that movie interesting.

It would of been pretty awesome to see Beebop and Rocksteady make it in TMNT II instead of Tokka and Razhar....Plus it would of been great if that Vanilla Ice never exsisted.lol And it was very dissapointing to see Super Shredder only last a matter of seconds while getting crushed by the docks...Even Shredder himself was lamer looking and sillier this time around. The entire movie was more in tune with the light hearted cartoons which wasn't a bad thing at all, but i wish it were more like the original TMNT movie. And you'd 'think' that they would of inlcuded Krang, Beeop and Rocksteady for ex and what have you considering this was not the 'Dark' turtles from the original comic book series.

As for Turtles forever, i saw bits of it here and there on YouTube, like when Mikey and the turtles hit up a Pizza joint.lol It just makes you realise how much more awesome the 80's/90's turtles were AND looked, and it really takes you back! I hate the art direction of the 2000 TMNT cartoon, especially the turtles...The stright edge square-like design of the turtles make them look unatural and artifical, like a lot of cartoons these days. The old turtles look better from an artistic direction if you ask me and are easier on the eyes. And the old Shredder should of kicked the new ones , instead they made him a total goofball whimp in comparison.lol

I was like WTF!? when Rocksteady(I think it was) grabbed The old Shrdder and Android Krang and tossed them to the side since it was the current Shredders orders.....Like Rocksteady could do that to Android Krang. :p

AuthorMessage

Ryno

516. Posted:

@WaveBoy
Your story about the babysitter is so 80's movie-like that if you weren't so gnarly I thought you would have made it up! :p haha... That is a cool story about your mom getting you that game. I remember my mom bought me Clash at Demonhead. I looked at the cover and was like thanks(?), and was thinking what the hell is this?
Untitled
When was the last time you played Contra? I figure that a person’s preference between the two depends on which one you played more as a kid. I played Super C more so that is why I may lean towards it. Now I thought Contra had the bland and generic machinery. :D This boss from Super C looks rad and the colors on Super C pop out even more than Contra, those it looks great. I am afraid for what the VC NES color-neuterer did to the colors of Super C.
Untitled
Contra's music may be better overall but I love the Level 1 music to Super C along with the opening two screen drop out of the helicopter. That is so ! I have not played Contra 4 before and it has been ages since I played Contra III, I was thinking of getting it for my SNES if I could get it complete and at a good price.

How did T&C get the slit in it? Where you playing with your new Ginsu knives to close to it again? :p I hope you savored the NEs Game Pak unpackaging experience like a fine wine! Those are rare experiences indeed. Did you play it as well? I am sure I will end up opening my sealed game someday.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High is definitely a classic and going as Jeff Spicoli is a fantastic idea! Just make sure you are not going to some high school party where no one would know who he is! :p

Oh yeah, and I need that Super Mario Bros. 2 clay cover NP. Nice that you have it!

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

517. Posted:

Here is my latest NES game, Strider.
Untitled

I never have played it but I like Capcom NES games so for less than $12 shipped to get it CIB I figured what the heck? I have read that the controls are a little jerky and glitchy and one of the weakpoints in the game but that it is still a fun action adventure.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

518. Posted:

Is the 'DD' in N64DD short for 'Dual Drive'?

AuthorMessage

KingMike

519. Posted:

Disk Drive.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

520. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Disk Drive.

What kind of disk, cd or like a floppy disc?