Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,981 to 4,992 of 4,992

mrjelly

@ReaderRagfihs
4mb, just the cheapest I could find, plus I wasn't sure how size related to blocks. I had a black 251 block official memory card but not sure if that's 4mb or if this is 59, I probably should have checked!

mrjelly

RedderRugfish

@mrjelly If it says mb instead of blocks then it's definitely a third party. 251 blocks is usually the way to go, as 59 is too small and the 1019 is more unreliable.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

CanisWolfred

I thought I had finished off my retro wishlist last year, but apparently a few slipped through the cracks that I just got patched up:

• Skygunner (PS2)
  • Second Sight (GCN)
  • Psi-Ops (PS2)
  • GUN (PS2)
  • Quackshot (GEN)

Almost got Conker's Bad Fur Day since that's gone down so much in price, but I guess I'll just hold out for a while longer, I'm in no rush.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

KingMike

Only now finding that God Hand is a game I should've bought years ago when it was getting poor critical reviews. That game is so hammy! How can you say no to game where you can turbo-spank filthy girls?
It was a tough call, but I ended up ordering a Japanese copy since those are like half the price (odd that while that version got a "Best" print, the original seems to be more abundant. Bad reviews maybe why it didn't get a western Greatest Hits?)

KingMike

CanisWolfred

@KingMike I know that's why I passed it up for a while, which...turned out to be a mistake. People compain about biased reviews nowadays, but the landscape used to be hell until about a decade ago. So many "edgy" reviews, so many "me-too" reviewers, so many people demanding a game be a certain way or have certain features, all while missing the forest for the trees...and all of them were written like high school english papers, and no, I don't think many of them would've gotten more than a B-.

The magazine ones were even worse since they had so little space to work with, so you'd get a score paired with largely useless summaries for any game that weren't already major, hyped-up releases.

God Hand got snubbed by amateurs, is all I'm saying.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_Gamer_Dad

Here's a video of my latest pick ups. Mostly retro but some 360 stuff.

Check out my Youtube Channel! Gameplay, pick-ups, etc!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUtYKCcGetspuRkFqdZ1lMg

darthstuey

I just picked up a mint condition Intellivision for £40. I don’t think the guy selling it had any idea what it was.

darthstuey

Twitter:

Wavey84

@darkswabber

Unfortunately, mega man powered up for me was NOT an enjoyable expedience. Hands down my least favorite classic MM game of the mega critter litter. Far worse than even 5 & 6. 😣

Hated that overly cutesy large headed Chibbi styled character designs, most of the music was annoying and inferior to the original NES MM's music, the backdrops looked like they were designed by minimalistic talentless soccer mom's from ikea, the controls felt a little off and the entire experience overall just fell flat for me with all of that combined suckage. It was so boring that even the word boring was snoring.

That voice acting drove me nuts after a while too. And guess what? I was on the second stage of wily's castle and I accidently squeezed the PSPs screen too hard with my thumb and the entire screen broke....colorful lines and splotches are shooting All over the screen like it's been hit by the fruity pebbles virus. Done. Gonday. Fatality. Like i care bears anyways, the PSP'S library is about as appealing as my grandma's 10 day old carrot sandwich.

The MM formula is just tired for me at this point. Capcom already went overkill by releasing 4, 5, and 6 on the NES... Maybe I would of felt differently had I played it during its release...Nahhh 😥

2, 9 & 11 and maybe 7 are my favs.

1, 3, MM&B and 8 are in the middle.

5, 6, and 10 are in dead last.

Powered up has already been forgotten and thrown into a grease fire.

Edited on by Wavey84

Wavey84

CanisWolfred

@Wavey84 This is the first time I ever remember agreeing with you, but yeah, Mega Man Powered Up was pretty bad, and certainly a wasted opportunity of a remake. MM1 already had the worst controls of any Mega Man game, and not the tightest level design, but they doubled down on it with the new stages instead of fixing it, and the artstyle was hideous - I swear that Mighty No.9 was trying to go for that same art style, too. Now we know one of the many bad ideas that I guess Capcom was holding him back from implimenting in his Mega Man games...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

Realized I think I had just one game missing from my Famicom RPG collection, some game I heard described as a Phantasy Star clone called STED. Not expecting a great game being seemingly the only non-SNK-related console game this published.
Also making one of the rare exception of avoiding adding filler sports games to the collection but ordered a SFC 2020 Super Baseball. Surely a preview of next year's season.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

NorseGamerTommy

I bought Mario Party 5 at a gaming expo last year. It's the only GameCube Mario Party I never owned myself.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5693-2145-0811
YouTube Channel | Twitter

pxlbluejay

An SFC bundle (console, two controllers, a bunch of cables, super mario world, super mario kart) for $70...

pxlbluejay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic