Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 481 to 500 of 3,417

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

481. Posted:

Thanks Mickeymac you had to mention jump, jump, slide, slide. Now I got that annoying voice in my head.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

482. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

mega man 8 brand new sealed for ps1

Wow I feel sorry for you. That is probably the worst Megaman game ever.

got if for 15$ total, if i get all the first ones again (1-7) ill have 8 as well and cant forget 9 and 10...im just thinkin

Edited on by ogo79

now playing: cosmo police galivan-famicom/nes
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

483. Posted:

I thought Mega Man 8 was alright.....The colorful eye popping visuals and boss battles were fun at least. :p
But the grating unfitting japanese bubblegum ambient techno tunes really alter and knock down the experience...it just doesn't fit classic Mega Man, and at times it even sounds depressing. The Boss voice overs were awful, at times painfully funny but they really needed to go. But MM's constant "*power shot!" during the in game gameplay was easily the worst thing about the game aside from the music. And you can't forget those awful cut scenes.

If MM8 had an entirely new soundtrack that was much more in tunes with the MM Nes games but of course giving it that Playstation sound quality flare, if MM in-game didn't say "power shot!" or whatever else popped out of his mouth, if MM's voice didn't sound so girly AND if the bosses kept their mouthes shut then MM8 would of seriously been held in regards as one of the GOOD MM titles.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

484. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki
I can see how back then to come out with and state "The Arcade Game" was a big deal back then I suppose. I was not much of an arcade gamer, I didn't have the quarters!!! :D I did play occasionally when I went for birthday parties and such events though. I think I missed out on some great classic late 80's and early 90's memories though. :( But, everyone had a NES in my neighborhood and there was like 6 of us guys so needles to say we played a lot of great games! If only I could have all those games... Alright, nobody probably cares about my childhood haha....

@WaveBoy
Regarding Contra, I got it for $25.00 plus $4.00 shipped. I had been looking for it for awhile then I finally found a price I thought was reasonable. So, my secret is spending to much of my time on Ebay! :) Turtles II was a different story. This dude posted a bunch of sealed games (where do people find these?) and some nice CIB games including a nice CIB Mega Man 6 and a sealed Darkwing Duck so I bid on those and found that he posted the Turtles II which must have got lost in the shuffle because no one really challenged my bid. I also saw the sealed Vice: Project Doom (great title name) and I was like "oh, hell yeah" and snagged up the mostly forgot about (even by Sega, the license holder) gem from Sammy Studios. That is my first sealed NES game. Tempting to open... Are you going to open your T&C Surf Design?

I know what you mean about watching your money! How easy it is to spend when it comes to the NES. My 30th birthday was on June 10th so I got some money and well, guess what I spend some of it on? ;) That is cool you have a 3DS I want one but I recently got a GBA SP and playing catch up with that since I have not had a portable since the original monochrome GB!

What is your PSN ID? I know you probably don't play it much but hey, maybe sometime I will see you on :) I just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 after playing NGI and NGII on the NES (first PS3 game I have bought in a long time) so I will be playing my PS3 at least for a little awhile. It will be nice when I can play cool third party games on a Nintendo system when the Wii U comes out. I don’t think I will miss the Sony exclusives to much.

Here is my NES collection. There are some obvious omissions that need to be rectified. I am sure that I at least have 25 more NES games I want as well! I want Kid Icarus too but CIB and that goes for a lot of money. The Game Paks feel incomplete to me without there box and manual not to mention the value of them is a lot higher when they are complete. I was at my parent’s house last night and just quickly glancing through some old Nintendo Powers, big mistake! Haha… When I am done with the games I want off the top of my head I am going to go back and read reviews/cheats from the old Nintendo Power mags and see what I missed. Haha… B-D

NES Games:
Super Marios Bros. 2 - Game Pak and manual
Castlevania - CIB
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - CIB
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - CIB
DuckTales - CIB
StarTropics - CIB with the letter as well!
Rush-n-Attack - CIB
The Legend of Zelda - Game Pak only (one of the few games I kept or found from childhood)
Zelda II: The Adventures of Link - CIB
Blaster Master - CIB (from childhood)
Dragon Warrior - CIB with Nintendo Power Guidebook and Reference Chart (from my childhood)
Contra - CIB
Super C - CIB
Ninja Gaiden - CIB
Ninja Gaiden II - CIB
TMNT II: The Arcade Game - CIB
Vice: Project Doom - Sealed

Contra for only $25 and $4 shipping? Talk about winning the mini video game lotterly.lol Whenever I go on ebay i can never find any Contra CIB, there was one sealed going for over $300 i think...Too rich for my spicoli blood.lol As for TMNT II, I'm jelous dude! I'd almost pass up my Sealed copy of T & C Surf for that...Then again, nahhhh that thing is way too precious.lol :p
And no way, I think I'm going to just keep it sealed....Yet It's just so tempting because you'd feel like a kid again opening up a brand new Nes game for the first time, kind of like reliving the past to that effect, but doing it in 2011. Who knows I may eventually open it.

And my PSN ID is Donatello97, I'm rarely on, but getting Street Fighter III may change that once it's released on the PSN. B-) And then there's Mortal Kombat hehe. And I've never even heard of Project Vice: Project Doom.lol I'm gonna check some YouTube video's to see what it's like. :p Don't tell me it's one of those Blue Cartridges. Those were such an oddity back in the day, as soon as you saw that Blue or Black cartridge you knew you were screwed up the Mega toosh if you rented it.

And I know what you mean based on how they feel incomplete without the box and manual. But at times i always weez' out of it because it can be too pricey at times. Yet stuff like StarTropics is super cheap CIB....What an underrated classic, have you played it yet? I find it even better than the original Zelda. B-) And that's pretty rad that you still have your old Nintendo power mags, i realllly want to get the earlier issues on ebay, starting of course with original issue. I never had a subscription to NP growing up, yet my best friend did down the street and I'd read them all the time. Even some of the later issues with the Mega Man Robot Master fan art contest and Earthbound scratch 'n sniff stickers pack a nostalgiac punch. But the older ones are where it's at! The original issue alone is so iconic and wonderful.

But yup! Currently I have a yearly subscription going on and while I enjoy reading them, it's just so lame to read the reader mail section..Reason being is because the questions and whatever are usually from 14 year olds.lol Who are always talking about their memories with their gamecube, ect ect... But reading those old school NP magazines would mke me feel right at home.

Anyways, nice collection! B-) As far as CIB Nes games go, I really want to get Mega Man 2 and Shadowgate.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

485. Posted:

@WaveBoy Looks like the cheapest CIB Contra on Ebay is going for $40 + $4 shipping. Speaking of Contra, my buddy and I played through it the other night and of course we used the Konami code. Lets just say hs retro gaming skills have diminished. Actually, I don't think he had the greatest ones to begin with! haha... :D He couldn't get over how difficult those games were compared to the regenerating health and save points around every corner weak sauce of today. I actually like Super C better than Contra, I am not the biggest fan of the "3D" levels and the final level and boss are a little underwhelming. But nontheless, still an awesome NES game that is a MUST for any NES collection! B-D

So how do you have T&C displayed? Proudly I hope and hopefully not just in some closet with the boogeyman and your dirty socks :p My wife is just going to love my NES collection out and about displayed all the while it continues to grow! :D

Oh, and nice 80's movie reference! "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, an' I'm fine."

Was Donatello your favorite NInja Turtle? Mine was Michaelangelo. Do you have Mortal Kombat, I don't but it does look cool and I might redbox it for a couple of days. Street Fighter III you say, I have never played that actually... Blue cartridges??? Was that some Canadian thing? :p Vice Project Doom made the cover of Nintendo Power! If you would like a game that have a little Shmup, FPS, and action platforming all bundled up in one Game Pak then I recommend you check out some reviews and vids if you have not yet already done so.

I have not played StarTropics yet, I have just tested it to make sure it works. The title screen tune is catchy, looking forward to hearing the rest of the MIDI's. Should I replace the battery? I do plan on playing it in the near future, probably after I finish decapitating fiends in Ninja Gaiden Sigma II with the Dragon Sword.

Untitled
Some of my favorite games on the cover. Mega Man III was my first, I think it is Issue 30

Untitled
Before the Internet and still the best way to get help with NES games if you need it.

Untitled
I loved looking at "Classified Information" and discovering some cool new codes for my games :) This one I just opened and found codes for TMNT II.

It would be great to get the magazines I missed before the Mega Man III cover. That is sweet that you are currently subscribed to Nintendo Power, I am tempted. I would probably be a little dissapointed with not seeing enough NES and SNES info though!

Shadowgate - you should be able to find cheap CIB, like $10-$15, Mega Man 2 well I am sure you know... One of these days I will pick both those up. NInja Gaiden III is on the top of my list.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

486. Posted:

@Ryno: The Blue Cartridges were made by a company who didnt have the ok from Nintendo to make games for the NES. But found away to bypass Nintendo's lock-out chip on the NES. I dont know if you know this but back in the day Nintendo was really strict about who can make games for them and how many they can make per year, which was a direct result of the Video Game Crash of '83. Companies who didnt have the ok from Nintendo still made games for the NES but the cartridges looked different than your licensed NES game, the most famous of these cartridges were by a company named Tengen (which was Atari) and their famous black cartridges. Just like Tengen had the black cartridges another company that I dont remember who had blue cartridges. They still worked in the NES just like the gray ones. You can find more of this from articles on the web or from Wikipedia.

Thats a nice Nintendo Power collection you have there. That is one thing of my old video game days I still had were my issues of Nintendo Power. The only two I have left are the first one with SMB 2 on the cover and the 50th one with Link's Awakening. Unfortunately all my other issues fell apart from so much use. :(

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

487. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: The Blue Cartridges were made by a company who didnt have the ok from Nintendo to make games for the NES. But found away to bypass Nintendo's lock-out chip on the NES. I dont know if you know this but back in the day Nintendo was really strict about who can make games for them and how many they can make per year, which was a direct result of the Video Game Crash of '83. Companies who didnt have the ok from Nintendo still made games for the NES but the cartridges looked different than your licensed NES game, the most famous of these cartridges were by a company named Tengen (which was Atari) and their famous black cartridges. Just like Tengen had the black cartridges another company that I dont remember who had blue cartridges. They still worked in the NES just like the gray ones. You can find more of this from articles on the web or from Wikipedia.

Thats a nice Nintendo Power collection you have there. That is one thing of my old video game days I still had were my issues of Nintendo Power. The only two I have left are the first one with SMB 2 on the cover and the 50th one with Link's Awakening. Unfortunately all my other issues fell apart from so much use. :(

the blue and green colored carts were made by the company called Color Dreams

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

488. Posted:

@Oldgamesonly: Thats right. and if my memory servers me werent most of those blue carts religious based games?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

489. Posted:

@tasuki
they were mostly known for religious games, but Color Dreams made other games like Captian Comic and all their games sucked. a game company that made illegal religious games...as AVGN said lol
my local retro game store is selling one for 40$ cart only...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

490. Posted:

It's not illegal to make unlicensed games.
And I can't remember if they actually said it or if was just speculation that they started making religious games because Nintendo would be less likely to pursue them and risk getting bad press.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

491. Posted:

Just got myself a little....

Untitled
I decided to pass on it CIB, not just because it's a bit expensive, but because I've just never dug the boring bland Grey box art. As much as I adored this game in my youngster days, the cartrdige by itself is all i need...The manual would of been nice though!. And I'm still baffled it took me this long to get this considering it's one of my favorite and most memorable Nes games of all time. So yup! My Kid Icarus Collection is complete...with a Stagering 2 games in the entire franchise haha. :p

And.............
Mondo Gecko. B-) lol
Untitled
With of course his radical skateboard, I remember catching an episode with Mondo Gecko in TMNT, but my memories are a bit fuzzy. I'm pretty sure he was in it during season 3, then again I'm not too sure. Either way he was just too mondo to pass up. besides I had this figure as a child hehe.

Untitled
The Rat King, without those radical lime green weapons. Sigh* :p

Untitled
Baxter Stockman, complete.
And hands down my favorite villian in TMNT, then again he was always or usually the number 1 pick as Shredders baddie minnion.
Now if only they had those Giant yellow sewer dwelling Killer Pizza Monsters. That was my favorite TMNT episodes growing up! I remember renting it on VHS and i remember that episode the most compared to any other during season 1-3.

Untitled
Peewee's Playhouse the Complete Series. Hands down one of the most craziest, imaginitive, creative and out of this world, hilarious and bug nuts TV shows ever created, and I couldn't get enough of it as a kid. :D
It was part of my cartoon saturday morning line up, along with Super Mario Bros Super Show(Zelda if I was lucky) Along with TMNT and the awesomeness that was Captain N, while guarding a massive bowl of Lucky Charms cereal rocking my TMNT Pj's.

Untitled
Demons 2(Demoni 2) The sequal to the funky 80's Italian Horror classic 'Demons' which is one of my favorite horror films ever, with one of the best horror scores around.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

492. Posted:

@Waveboy: Yep Mondo Gecko was late to the TMNT series he appeared in only one episode I believe which was his background story telling of his origin. I have seasons 1-4 on DVD I just need to get the others. As for those Pizza Monsters that always ticked me off that they never made a toy either, which is surprising cause alot of people remember that episode heck they even put those monsters in TMNT: Turtles in Time. I mean it just didnt make sense they had a toy of the Mousers.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

493. Posted:

@WaveBoy
Nice haul! Kid Icarus should be in everyone's NES collection, unfortunately though it is not in mine yet :(

Mondo Gecko is too cool for school. The Tech Deck's of today have nothing on Mondo's skateboard. The engine on the back of that thing is so powerfull it needs quad exhaust! :D Only someone who is mondo could handle that. The other figures are just awesome as well. Action figures of today got nothing on the bright colored TMNT figures of yesteryear.

Pee-Wee's playhouse on DVD, get out of here! That show manager to entertain but feel weird for watching at the same time. We still bust out Pee-Wee's Christmas special on VHS at Christmas over at Gram's house.

Waveboy and Tasuki should post your pics of your TMNT figures!

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

SunnySnivy

494. Posted:

Picked up my first ever retro purchase video game today at goodwill for 2$, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Minus the manual, it's in pretty good shape. And so my retro video game collection begins.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

495. Posted:

@Waveboy: I used to have that Baxter Stockman figurine! He was a favorite of mine. Wonder what happened to him?

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

496. Posted:

@WaveBoy
man i used to have all them TMNT figures...my grandma would hit toys r us up early in the morning and get the hard to find figures for me as well...you should add Fugitoid, Slash and Muck Man to the collection if you havent yet...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

497. Posted:

@Ryno: All my figures are buried in my storage shed (Seems like all my Retro stuff is there lol). When I have an extra room in my house some day I hope to pull that stuff out to display them.

@Oldgamesonly: I remember when I first got Slash I thought he was the coolest looking TMNT villain ever lol. I dont know if you guys knew this but the Slash figure and the Tokka (The Snapping Turtle from the second TMNT movie) figure used the same mold for everything except for the head. They even had the same weapons.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

498. Posted:

I wonder if they'll ever produce a 4th TMNT movie. TMNT still has almost as much popularity as it did when we were adolescents. I used to watch PeeWee's Playhouse religiously as a child as well. I wonder how big his ball of aluminum foil has gotten to be. I watched The Super Mario Bro's Super Show, Sonic the animated series and the Beetlejuice animated series as well. Sadly the only retro games I own now are on VC.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

499. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I wonder if they'll ever produce a 4th TMNT movie.

They did make a fourth movie it came out in 2007 and it was CGI.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

500. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I wonder if they'll ever produce a 4th TMNT movie.

They did make a fourth movie it came out in 2007 and it was CGI.

Yeah I know, but CGI isn't the same for me. I wish someone would produce a sequel to The Super Mario Bro's movie as well. That movie was awesome, even my mother enjoyed it some what.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863