Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 4,844

ogo79

Meowpheel wrote:

Wait so you mean they speak other languages besides Mexican? That's news to me.

i know right

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

and now...
just ordered another new homebrew beat em up genesis game called coffee crisis
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
and that super sexy cacodemon doom bank. how freakin awesome is that.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Meowpheel

It looks safe.

No, really. Who would think it's a bank.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

Holy crap, i think i may need to get that.
Especially since i like to randomly say "cacodemon".
That's not even a joke, i literally say "cacodemon" at random when i'm walking around the house and muttering to myself.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
CACODEMON.
Current E.T. count: 34 Copies. 4 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

FX102A

Latest Retro purchases were a GBA copy of Final Fantasy V (in what is probably the best conditioned GBA box I have ever seen) and a reproduction PAL copy of Metal Warriors; which thankfully works on my Retron 5.

FX102A

dharmajones93

Sonic Spinball, and if you consider it retro, Doom 3 (Xbox) yesterday on my way home from work. I went looking for Original DOOM on SNES or PS1, just to hold me over until the 10th.

dharmajones93

ogo79

Meowpheel wrote:

It looks safe.

No, really. Who would think it's a bank.

im not even gonna utilize it for what its for lol.
hes just gonna sit here on my shelf.
and be a good little cacodemon.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

Holy crap, i think i may need to get that.
Especially since i like to randomly say "cacodemon".
That's not even a joke, i literally say "cacodemon" at random when i'm walking around the house and muttering to myself.

when i seen that i immediately thought youd like it as well.
and it does sound like a good word to say out loud.
cacodemons for all!
i think im gonna download that doom classic complete for ps3 and ditch the 2 doom discs for ps1 since the ps3 collection has the entire retro collection in one. its only missing the exclusive 'club doom" level/room that was on the ps1 version.
below is all yer missin on the collection for ps3
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

also
cacodemon!

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

Not a purchase per say but a gift. So my birthday was a few weeks ago and my son wanted to get me a SNES Classic but due to Nintendo's goofy idea of supply he couldn't find one. Instead he bought me this which arrived today.

Untitled

Basically it's an HD SNES clone so I can play all my cartridges on our HDTV. Not quite sure what to think since I have not heard of this system but I can't wait to play around with it. Appearently it also plays SFC games as well, which I don't have any.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Very cool, i was looking into that recently (or at least i think it was that one — there's a few SNES HD clones that have been coming out recently). Let us know how it is!

Also ...
cacodemon!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
CACODEMON.
Current E.T. count: 34 Copies. 4 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar So I tested the Gamerz Tech 16 Bit HD console tonight (let's be honest was there any doubt that I wouldn't?) and I will say I am very impressed with it. I ran Super Mario All Stars on it going through world 1 of Super Mario 3. The colors looked great, bright and vivid of course because it was outputting HD the blurness wasn't there that you would get from AV cables. Decide to try a few rounds of Killer Instinct and again everything look great. Last but not least I tried my repro of Secret of Mana II and that worked fine as well.

As sound goes it was a bit on the loud side but that's fine I just turn the volume down on the tv.

Any questions let me know but for $49.99 I think that's what my son said it costed, it's worth it IMO. Can't wait to fire up some TMNT IV on it later on.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gamecubed

Found Link's Awakening DX for GBC complete in box for $15 at Value Village. Also recently ordered a bootleg 150-in-1 NES games cart for GBA. Got it for $40. Works really well, has all the classics on it, as well as some translated famicom games.

Gamecubed

Meowpheel

I almost bought Final Fantasy V for the GBA... It went kinda like this...

"How much for that one?"
'(a lot of pesos)'
"Ok I'll buy i-"
'You can test it if you want!'
"-oook"

(Tested it)

"It's got a corrupted file."
'Oh, we have this other one too'

(It's tactics advance, but without a label)

'It doesn't have the sticker, but this one IS original'

"Oops I gotta go, thx bye"

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

@Tasuki
you have a nice thumb
i like thumbs.
i just downloaded that doom classic complete today on ps3

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Yarsrevenge

Not a purchase but was going through boxes in my garage about a month ago discovered a forgotten CD and N64 collection, best part...
I found Clayfighter sculptor's edition in box, nearly mint dated from blockbuster 10/28/98 on a price tag!! That thing hasn't seen the light of day in atleast 15 years.

the proud discoverer in my garage of a 20 year old copy of Clay Fighter Sculptor's edition, in a pristine box.

KingMike

Do you have the thousand dollar manual with it too? o_O

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
lol

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Crazy but the Sculpter's Cut probably is one of the most expensive game manuals around, aside from maybe Stadium Events and Air Raid 2600.
At least one of the rarest for an even semi-widely available game. (I'd probably guess that if it was a Blockbuster-exclusive game, they probably made like 10k-15k copies to cover the 3,000 or so stores.)

KingMike

Fiyaball

KingMike wrote:

Crazy but the Sculpter's Cut probably is one of the most expensive game manuals around, aside from maybe Stadium Events and Air Raid 2600.
At least one of the rarest for an even semi-widely available game. (I'd probably guess that if it was a Blockbuster-exclusive game, they probably made like 10k-15k copies to cover the 3,000 or so stores.)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a warehouse with at least a couple hundred sealed copies of Sculptor's Cut lying around; the game's a LOT less rare than people make it out to be.

Fiyaball

ogo79

Fiyaball wrote:

KingMike wrote:

or some jerk on here that has a

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a warehouse with at least a couple hundred sealed copies of Sculptor's Cut lying around; the game's a LOT less rare than people make it out to be.

...or some jerk on here that has a warehouse full of air raid 2600 carts...
im not really a jerk
wait

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic