Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 4,807

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

@ogo79 If you had a Sim City NES prototype priced at $500, you'd sell that faster than Limited Run Games.
(I can imagine Nintendo, on one of their days they decide to be evil, teaming up with them. But even when they produce something in scalper-friendly quantities, I don't think they'd want to actually endorse such a pro-scalper business.)

nintendo has always been evil lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

RIP half.com, you were good for sometimes getting good prices on retro games.

I see ebay must've just closed it very recently.

KingMike

Fiyaball

Besides getting Mario + Rabbids for my Birthday, I decided to give my PS2 some love:
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne/ Digital Devil Saga 1/2, and Metal Slug Anthology. This week is gonna be fun.

Fiyaball

deniro444

Latest for me:

Metroid Prime Pinball - DS
007 Legends - Wii U
Demon Stone - PS2

Edited on by deniro444

deniro444

Fiyaball

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@deniro444 You do realize the Wii U IS NOT retro.

And further, i'd say that neither are the PS2 or DS.

PS2 is 17 years old now, people started calling the Dreamcast Retro back in 2014. Plus, there's been a TON of times where we've posted about PS2 games we recently got, so I'd say it's retro at this point.
It's also starting to have titles that cost over $150, so it's totally retro

Fiyaball

Spennymoor

Picked up a copy of probotector (Contra) for NES

Spennymoor

eltomo

Super Castlevania IV for a measly £10!!!

Was delighted until I noticed it was a repo...

eltomo

KingMike

I don't know about the PAL version but the US version was so widely printed that $10 is about what the game SHOULD cost (if games were priced on scarcity) but it's one of those games where demand has pushed the cost above the "should cost" value.

I hear Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt is a $10 game these days?
Woah! Back in my day that was a 10 cent game. (we'll ignore I probably paid GameStop 89 cents for mine many years ago)

@ogo79 I heard of people in Florida trying to shoot Hurricane Irma away. I thought inappropriate usage of guns was a stereotype of Texas.

KingMike

Fiyaball

If you think that's bad, complete English PAL copies of Symphony of the Night go for $350+. Apparently it just did not sell at ALL.

Fiyaball

KingMike

I count it as Retro but I ordered Seiken Densetsu Collection for Nintendo /)* .
I'm taking a hit for the team here, hoping Square-Enix will make my purchase pointless. I got us Yokai Watch 1 and 2 (maybe 3, we'll have to wait on that) and Dragon Quest VII and Final Fantasy Explorers.

KingMike

Meowpheel

I ended up getting getting the retroport nes-to-snes adaptor.

Quite surprisingly, all the old games we had literally gathering dust for years work perfectly.

Video quality is awesome, but the sound could be a lot better.

So now, I kind of "got" some new retro games to play (because I already had them with no way to play them):

Yoshi, Super Mario Bros 3, Mickey Mousecapade, Astianax, Blaster Master, Little Nemo: The Dream Master, and Pin Bot.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuckyLand

@KingMike Super Castlevania 4 is fantastic, imho is the best Castlevania ever, even better than Symphony of the night (I know they are different type of game so it can be questionable if you can compare them or not) I think it is perfectly normal that the demand is high.
It was the absolutely best action game until God of war 2 imho, and now that GoW2 is in 1st place it comes immediately after GoW2 for me

Edited on by LuckyLand

LuckyLand

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

@ogo79 I heard of people in Florida trying to shoot Hurricane Irma away. I thought inappropriate usage of guns was a stereotype of Texas.

it is. they stole the idea from us!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

LuckyLand wrote:

Super Castlevania 4 is fantastic, imho is the best Castlevania ever, even better than Symphony of the night

i know i shouldnt be calling people by the description that i fit myself to a t...
however.
you are absolutely of your mind and are certified nuts.

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

$20 shipped for loose Super EDF and Out of this World for SNES sounds like a nice deal. Seemed like OotW was going for nearly that on its own.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

just ordered almost hero
a homebrew for nes.
beat em up
of course
perfect 38th birthday present

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Clacko

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered almost hero
a homebrew for nes.
beat em up
of course

Happy birthday!

It's my 39th tomorrow. I've booked the day off to play on the SNES mini.

Clacko

Nintendo Network ID: Clacko | Twitter:

ogo79

Clacko wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered almost hero
a homebrew for nes.
beat em up
of course

Happy birthday!

It's my 39th tomorrow. I've booked the day off to play on the SNES mini.

ha! happy birthday to you as well.

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic