Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 4,899

KingMike

I don't know about the PAL version but the US version was so widely printed that $10 is about what the game SHOULD cost (if games were priced on scarcity) but it's one of those games where demand has pushed the cost above the "should cost" value.

I hear Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt is a $10 game these days?
Woah! Back in my day that was a 10 cent game. (we'll ignore I probably paid GameStop 89 cents for mine many years ago)

@ogo79 I heard of people in Florida trying to shoot Hurricane Irma away. I thought inappropriate usage of guns was a stereotype of Texas.

KingMike

Fiyaball

If you think that's bad, complete English PAL copies of Symphony of the Night go for $350+. Apparently it just did not sell at ALL.

Fiyaball

KingMike

I count it as Retro but I ordered Seiken Densetsu Collection for Nintendo /)* .
I'm taking a hit for the team here, hoping Square-Enix will make my purchase pointless. I got us Yokai Watch 1 and 2 (maybe 3, we'll have to wait on that) and Dragon Quest VII and Final Fantasy Explorers.

KingMike

Yosheel

I ended up getting getting the retroport nes-to-snes adaptor.

Quite surprisingly, all the old games we had literally gathering dust for years work perfectly.

Video quality is awesome, but the sound could be a lot better.

So now, I kind of "got" some new retro games to play (because I already had them with no way to play them):

Yoshi, Super Mario Bros 3, Mickey Mousecapade, Astianax, Blaster Master, Little Nemo: The Dream Master, and Pin Bot.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuckyLand

@KingMike Super Castlevania 4 is fantastic, imho is the best Castlevania ever, even better than Symphony of the night (I know they are different type of game so it can be questionable if you can compare them or not) I think it is perfectly normal that the demand is high.
It was the absolutely best action game until God of war 2 imho, and now that GoW2 is in 1st place it comes immediately after GoW2 for me

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

@ogo79 I heard of people in Florida trying to shoot Hurricane Irma away. I thought inappropriate usage of guns was a stereotype of Texas.

it is. they stole the idea from us!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

LuckyLand wrote:

Super Castlevania 4 is fantastic, imho is the best Castlevania ever, even better than Symphony of the night

i know i shouldnt be calling people by the description that i fit myself to a t...
however.
you are absolutely of your mind and are certified nuts.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

$20 shipped for loose Super EDF and Out of this World for SNES sounds like a nice deal. Seemed like OotW was going for nearly that on its own.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

just ordered almost hero
a homebrew for nes.
beat em up
of course
perfect 38th birthday present

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Clacko

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered almost hero
a homebrew for nes.
beat em up
of course

Happy birthday!

It's my 39th tomorrow. I've booked the day off to play on the SNES mini.

Clacko

Nintendo Network ID: Clacko | Twitter:

ogo79

Clacko wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered almost hero
a homebrew for nes.
beat em up
of course

Happy birthday!

It's my 39th tomorrow. I've booked the day off to play on the SNES mini.

ha! happy birthday to you as well.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

flat top is my enemy

the_shpydar wrote:

Yosheel

I bought super monkey ball Jr for the GBA.

It's quite amazing for a GBA game. The frame rate seems to be a lot better than I had heard.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

Grandia II for dreamcast. My retro store knows how to pull my purse strings. They ambush me as soon as I walk in.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FX102A

After another successful Play Expo I end up with:

Hori Ace Combat 04 Flightstick
Final Fantasy IV (GBA)
Sigma Star (GBA)
Unlimited Saga (PS2)
Makai Kingdom (PS2)
Desert Fighter (SNES)
Silpheed The Lost Planet (PS2)
Gundam Musou Special (PS2)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
History of Grandia Sound Adventure Box

FX102A

the_shpydar

So after a very long absence from visiting the local retro shop, i finally hit it up this past weekend after deciding to get rid of my Odyssey 2 and games. Of course i ended up hanging out for like 2 1/2 hours, just shooting the shart with Mike (the owner) and Chris (one of the guys who's been working there since its humble beginnings operating out of a rented garage). Mike of course tried to unload some of his stockpiled plethora of sealed ETs, but i managed to hold myself to just one. I also managed to actually hold and check out a Switch for the first time ever — i will buy one eventually, i swear!

Anyways, here's the ShpydarhaulTM!

Untitled

Purchased from the shop:

Spartan X (Famicom) - aka Kung Fu for NES. I already have the NES cart version, but i really love this game and felt it was worth a buy.

E.T. (2600, sealed copy) - Because you know me. A great, near mint copy.

Blue Stinger (Dreamcast) - I blame this purchase wholly upon Xerxes from HG101 and his overwhelming love of Dogs Bower.

Duke Nukem 64 (N64) - I rented this back in the day, and despite the toned down nature of the Ninty port, it's still a solid fun game.

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (N64) - Never played this one, but i think it was Derek (Stop Skeletons From Fighting) who did a recent Duke video, and this game looked rather good.

and 2 GameBoy cases that i needed for a couple GB games.

Purchased recently via eBay:

Star Wars: Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles (Dreamcast) - While definitely outclassed by the SW hack/slash/action games to come years later (e.g., Revenge of the Sith, and then later, Force Unleashed), this game is a lot of fun. Plus, you can be Samuel L. Jackson. Whether his lightsaber says "Bad Mother Effer" on it is still unconfirmed.

Xena Warrior Princess: Talisman of Fate (N64) - About what you'd expect from an average N64 one-on-one fighter. But since you can play as Bruce Campbell and/or Ted Raimi, it gets automatic bonus points.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

@the_shpydar
i hope all the n64 carts have doom 64 in em

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

@the_shpydar

I was actually planning on learning how to make N64 homebrews and take replace all the boards in my N64 games with ports of of either E.T. or the Dreamcast classic, "Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?"

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

BezBot

Hmmmmm I wonder if a New 2DS XL counts as a retro purchase these days.....

Been getting away from retro games lately due to all the games I want to play on my Switch, but my recent purchase was a GBA SP 101. Got Warioware and Wario Land 4 to start (I'm a big Wario fan) and it costed me $70 in total.

BezBot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro | Twitter:

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@the_shpydar

I was actually planning on learning how to make N64 homebrews and take replace all the boards in my N64 games with ports of of either E.T. or the Dreamcast classic, "Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?"

sounds like a plan.
its weird playing a game where you and i get beat up in though

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic