Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 4,757

Snaplocket

@ogo79 Maybe. I have other games right now I'm more interested in playing like Blazing Star, and Cave Story +.

Just looked up Crimson Tears and my impression is ehhhh. I'm not a huge fan of beat em' ups and it got mediocre reviews. Then again so did Nightshade, Castle Shikigami II, and Okage Shadow King and those turned out to be really good games.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Snaplocket

KingMike

@ogo79 Perhaps I confused Crimson Tears with Shining Tears.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
lol i just looked that up. thats not a beat em up!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Nagi_Nagisa

Just bought a Super Famicom and Panel de Pon, the japanese Version of Tetris Attack.

German Nintendo Fan. Please excuse my flawed english ;)

Meowpheel

So I had been looking for Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town all over the country for years (well, really at a few geeky places in about five different cities I have visited) without luck... So finally gave up and bought one off ebay...

I hope it's at the very least genuine or the seller will get (gasp) a bad rating.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintenerdCentral

A 3ds xl.

Signed by the one and only Nintenerd guy. Hype is real for Pokemon Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus is Lord.
Follow me on YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w

Meowpheel

Unless it's the one that looks like a bootleg nes controller.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

KingMike

Wii U is retro, isn't it?

I did watch a Mega64 video that predicted a Wii U Classic in a few years.
(pretty much all they'd have to do is take some old stock and throw some preloaded games on them)

KingMike

ogo79

a brand new ps5

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@Meowpheel
i am a scalper from the future

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

@ogo79 Watched a Pat's podcast video where Ian was about to explode over some crappy retro console that looks like a mini silver Genesis. Though he listed NL among many other sites when he was like "stop praising these things" especially when apparently this one worked barely if at all by many reports (apparently those who got to work had to spend several hours finding software for it).
The worst I've seen him get.

KingMike

Aurumonado

I just bought MGS: TTS on gamecube if that counts. Now I'm looking for that elusive FE:PoR

"The key to achieving this goal is found in our three core values – originality, flexibility and sincerity – which we define as Nintendo DNA." - Iwata Satoru, 2015

Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado

Meowpheel

So this more of a possible future retro purchase...

I have several NES games, but my NES doesn't work... I'm considering buying one of these things to play them on my SNES instead.

Has anyone used one of these? Are they good?

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

ogo79

@KingMike
i seen that podcast lol.
they mentioned nintendo life indeed.
however
they forgot to mention me on there.
they totally screwed that part up.

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

@ogo79 @KingMike
Yeah, i saw that too (or listened to it rather; i listen to the podcast as a whole but skip the YT clip uploads), made me laugh. And he's not really wrong either, since it seems like pretty much every one of those Kickstarter console projects turn out to be crap.

You guys should definitely watch John Hancock's video on that one they were discussing (i actually saw John's video before listening to them discuss it on the CU podcast), it's pretty funny. Especially since John seems like one of the nicest guys in the world, and even he could barely contain his anger and frustration over what a piece of junk the system is.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
Current E.T. count: 33 Copies. 3 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Fiyaball

@KingMike I stopped watching that podcast after he was whining about how it took him 3 months to get in a copy of Contra. Meanwhile, my local game stores only got about 1-2 copies in the past few years (one of which I bought)

Fiyaball

Tasuki

Meowpheel wrote:

So this more of a possible future retro purchase...

I have several NES games, but my NES doesn't work... I'm considering buying one of these things to play them on my SNES instead.

Has anyone used one of these? Are they good?

My suggestion get a Retrohub AVS to play NES games, you won't regret it.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic