Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 4,839

Tyranexx

Dragon Quest IX CIB on the DS, and a PEGI copy to boot. I've tested it out a bit, and it does indeed work. It did arrive a few days past the given range at no fault of the seller. I'm not sure where it was tied up since Royal Mail apparently doesn't track certain envelopes. My guess is Customs.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

KingMike

@TheMelodiusRose Was Photo Dojo one of the total four DSi-mode exclusive physical DS games, or is it a different game I'm thinking of? (unlike the New 3DS exclusive games, the DSi-exclusives ones were camera-based games I think few people have heard of and probably care about, at least until the collecting scene takes off)

KingMike

dmcc0

@StarPoint I agree with you on the bulkiness of the GBA cart sticking out the bottom, but I actually still prefer the DS Lite over the SP as it just feels more comfortable to hold. I don't have a backlit version of the SP so the screen looks better on the Lite too. I was toying with the idea of ordering an Analogue Pocket - that screen looks fantastic - but not sure I can justify the cost given my pretty modest GB/GBC/GBA collection.

dmcc0

StarPoint

@dmcc0 Same here, I would love a Pocket, but I think I would need a pretty substantial collection of games to justify the cost.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

HammerGalladeBro

I'm just realizing I got Soul Calibur 2 (Gamecube version) and a Wii Classic Controller (original version, not the Pro one) in almost new conditions a month ago. That controller has been a blessing for Virtual Console on both the Wii and Wii U.

Those count as retro purchases, right?

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

NintendoByNature

Since I lost my original, I bought a genesis off my friend who had a few lying around.

NintendoByNature

StarPoint

Untitled

Figured I'd show off my latest retro eBay haul. I've played quite a bit of Advance Wars and a touch of Wario Land 4, but I have never played Golden Sun. Looking forward to popping these in the ol' DS Lite when I get a chance.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StarPoint

Untitled

New retro eBay haul! I haven't played any of these games before, so I look forward to trying them out when I get a chance. My GBA collection has been growing at a good rate now; I currently have 10 first-party games.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Got Link to the Past on SNES for $50 the other day for the Nintendo side of things.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

StarPoint wrote:

Untitled

New retro eBay haul! I haven't played any of these games before, so I look forward to trying them out when I get a chance. My GBA collection has been growing at a good rate now; I currently have 10 first-party games.

I do have all 3 myself, but haven't played Golden Sun yet. Super Mario World is great, and can be fun on a Gameboy Player with a GC/SNES controller converter. Yoshi's Island is good too, but it's a bit different from a typical Mario game. Got that one on my 3DS as part of the ambassador program.

EDIT: Correction. I didn't see that was the 2nd Golden Sun. I don't have that one.

Edited on by HeavyMetalWario64DS

HeavyMetalWario64DS

StarPoint

My latest "retro" purchase is Metroid Prime for the Gamecube! I am so happy to finally own a physical copy of one of my favorite games of all time. It's in really good shape, too. It was super fun to browse through all of the manuals; made me feel pretty nostalgic for older games that did that.
Untitled

Untitled
The disc is in my Wii already so that's why it's missing here.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Tyranexx

Kirby's Return to Dream Land on the Wii, used with the case. I was seriously contemplating buying it on the Wii U eShop, but I found an online price I could agree with that was below the game's original MSRP. I hope to test the game out over the weekend.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

StarPoint

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the coolest thing I have gotten for my collection so far: The Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition!!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I am so happy to have finally gotten my hands on one of these, as the Prime Trilogy holds some of my favorite games of all time. It's in pretty great condition, too.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

exit

@StarPoint Congrats. I bought this new when it released and have never actually played it. I really should get around to it, but I'll need to set up the Wii again. Last time I set up the Wii it looked terrible on my TV as I only have the standard AV cable..

Edited on by exit

exit

StarPoint

@exit Ah yeah, you need to get a component cable to really make it shine. If you're looking for ones to get I highly recommend the Retrovision. It's quite pricier than others but the quality is extremely good.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

HammerGalladeBro

@StarPoint Nice addition to your collection, I wonder how much did it cost you.

I was gonna (re)buy F-Zero GX this week, but something got in my way and couldn't do it. In a way I'm glad I didn't, tomorrow I hope to be paid so I wouldn't have remorse for paying 1000 mexican pesos (about $50) for something that I originally didn't like but want to play again after playing some F-Zero X on the Switch.
Well, it will depend if the seller still has it since he was selling some decent games. He also had Capcom vs. SNK 2 GC, which I also had once and want to play again.

Edited on by HammerGalladeBro

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

StarPoint

@HammerGalladeBro It was $109 total. Definitely pricey by my standards but it’s something that I’ve really wanted for a long time.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Tasuki

@NeonPizza There use to be a latest Wii purchase thread but it looks like the forum boogeyman ate it. I did a search for it and it didn't show up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StarPoint

@NeonPizza Yeah the Wii isn't retro yet, but there isn't really another place that I could post this.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Tyranexx

Tasuki wrote:

There use to be a latest Wii purchase thread but it looks like the forum boogeyman ate it. I did a search for it and it didn't show up.

This is precisely why my acquisition of Kirby's Return to Dream Land ended up here. XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic