Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,621 to 4,640 of 4,839

Ryu_Niiyama

Suikoden II (JPN version)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

Para Para Paradise PS2 bundle.
That game was since 2001....

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Suikoden III Edit: fighting with the seller over this one. He sent me the wrong game. Edit again: bought III from someone else.
Zanegeki no Reginleiv

Both New in Box.

Oh and way of the samurai 2 (CIB) and Namco X Capcom.

Hopefully I am done for the year for retro. I hate the fleecing second hand sellers do but sadly I enable it since I want to play games I missed out on. Sigh.

Edit: Suikoden V, lost kingdoms 1 and 2. Now I am done.

Edit again: LoZ WiiU.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Jbarnes101

Other then the shipping out of my stuff I can’t call it a purchase but made a trade and got GC games Pikmin 2, Battalion Wars, Phantasy Star Online 3, and Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Jbarnes101

KingMike

Have Battalion Wars but don't think I played it.
Like the title of the sequel, BWii.

KingMike

horizonisland

I bought Pokémon White 2 on the GameStop website (MAJOR MAJOR MISTAKE) and even paid extra for two day shipping. Not only did it take over a week to arrive, the cartridge itself wouldn’t even load the Nintendo logo and instead took me to a blue “Sava data cannot be accessed screen” that’s impossible to get out of. I cleaned it and even tried it on 4 different types of DSs, but I ended up having to return it. They didn’t even refund the shipping money 🙄 but honestly I’m more mad about the fact that I thought my search for White 2 was finally over rather than the couple dollars they didn’t refund

horizonisland

kerr9000

I got a few bits and pieces today from a pawn store down the road from my work

Defender 2 Atari 2600 cart only 3quid
Centipede Atari 2600 cart only 3 quid
Ikari Warriors Atari 2600 cart only 3quid

Okami for the Wii complete for 3quid
Eledees for the wii complete for 50pence
Mercury Meltdown Revolution for the wii complete for 19pence
Big Brain Acadamy for the Wii missing manual for 19pence

It has been a long time since I grabbed anything for the Atari

kerr9000

Tasuki

@horizonisland Most places when you do a refund won't refund the shipping cost as that doesn't go to GameStop or wherever company you order from but to your Postal Program. And well since you did receive the package......

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

horizonisland

@Tasuki Though they didn’t ship the game I ordered in the first place, meaning it’s on them to take the loss as it wasn’t MY fault they shipped a fake copy.

horizonisland

Tasuki

@horizonisland They still shipped you something though. It's not the postal services fault that GameStop gave you a fake copy of the game they were just told to delivery a package to you.

And honestly GameStop is a terrible place to by used games from online especially games with high piracy rates like Pokemon games. Better off buying them at the store so that way you can inspect them before your spend your money.

GameStop has no clue how to tell take games from the real ones.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Azuris

Got a Game Gear yesterday, sadly the Sound is gone (Capacitors are new), the Seller tested it with Earphones for the first Time before sending it, seems like that started a Problem ^^
Rest is working fine, have to play it with Earphones until i have the Time to figure out the Problem.

Games a pretty cheap, got Shinobi, Wonderboy, Sonic tripple something, Dragon Crystal, Castle of Illusion, Alien Syndrome and some others as "Bycatch" like Columns (i really dislike this Game).
Games are fun!

Screen is ok, but i like the Gameboy Screen more.
Maybe i'll get a McWill some Day.

Also got the Brawler Pack, but had no Time to play it and Super Metroid (had it only on the Wii U).
And got Dragon Quest 1,2,3,5 and 6 ^^ (love that japanese Games are cheap and that there are tranlation patches <3 )
Sounds a pretty good! I'm astounished.
But i'm still on XI so a playthrough has to wait.
Maybe i'll buy Prince of Persia for the SNES.

Azuris

Ryu_Niiyama

Picked up gyakuten saiban 1-5 and gyakuten kenji 1-2 which means I have the whole series physical now. Never finished kenji 1-2 so this is a good time to dig out the 3ds.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Anti-Matter

1. Pocket Fighter PS1 Japan
2. K-1 Oujya ni Narou PS1 Japan
3. Chocobo Racing PS1 Japan
4. DDR Konamix PS1 USA
5. DDR Hottest Party 3 Wii
6. Kinect Adventures Xbox 360 USA
7. Deca Sports Freedom Xbox 360 USA

Anti-Matter

thebottomtext

My latest retro purchase?

Sega 3D Classics Collection.

It's a very fun compilation.

Edited on by thebottomtext

thebottomtext

Ryu_Niiyama

Picked up Xena CIB for N64.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

KingMike

Bought a bunch of Super Famicom loose carts. Many western-origin games.

A few I had seen for quite some time list for cheap but suddenly rise in price, so I picked them up.

@ogo79 One I bought was Bishin Densetsu Zoku. I had only looked at it briefly in emulation, so I only saw driving parts, but apparently it has that and fighting scenes. Now noticing the cover art kinda makes me wish I bought it earlier when it was cheap to find complete.
From that and the intro, it seems like the game wants to be a cyberpunk game, but does it live up to it?
... though it's publisher has the oddest catalog for an obscure company. This, a Pac-Man style game, the SFC localization of Yogi Bear, and a GB mahjong game.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike that game is all over the place

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tendo64

Not a retro purchase, but a Christmas present - brother got me one of those anniversary Game & Watch handhelds. Yet to play it but it seems pretty cool!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

KingMike

I bought a Big Mac meal and when I got home to eat it, there was somehow a Final Fight 3 cart inside.

KingMike

Scollurio

I recently got myself a nice set of DOMINOES, with spinners and all. If that count's as retro...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic