Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 461 to 480 of 4,850

WiiAboutU

Tasuki wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I wonder if they'll ever produce a 4th TMNT movie.

They did make a fourth movie it came out in 2007 and it was CGI.

Yeah I know, but CGI isn't the same for me. I wish someone would produce a sequel to The Super Mario Bro's movie as well. That movie was awesome, even my mother enjoyed it some what.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

KingMike

I haven't seen the third movie, just the AVGN's review. But even that was enough to convince me of why he destroyed his copy.

I kinda like the Mario movie as well, even though I know it makes an abomination of the license. How could somebody who knows who Big Bertha is have messed up that bad?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Tasuki

@Waveboy: The reason Krang was never in any of the TMNT movies is cause Krang was made just for the 80's cartoon series. The movies they based more off of the comic books, more then the series. Thats why Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Stone Warrios etc. were no where to be seen. In fact Tokka and Rahzar were originally going to be Bebop and Rocksteady but the creators didnt want them in the second movie cause they wanted to step away from the cartoon series.

I dont know though with the movie. It scares me now that Nickelodeon owns the rights to TMNT I am kind afraid its going end up really cheesy like Power Rangers. Now if they could guys that did Avatar: The Last Air Bender to do the new TMNT series it might actually be worth wild.

Speaking of TMMT movies. An interesting movie to see is Turtles Forever. I dont want to give anything away but if your a huge TMNT fan you might find that movie interesting.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

This forum always come back to TMNT Haha....

Anyway, I just bought this Super Complete Nes classic
Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Just bought a frontloader NES along with Tiny Toon Adventures. The NES works perfectly and the game is awesome.

My toploader had been showing signs of major wear and tear.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

SamuraiShyGuy

I downloaded Crono Trigger on VC when it came out. I waited several weeks to get into it, partly because I was a bit intimidated by such a legendary title and I knew how long it would be. I didn't want to start it and then take any long breaks from it. Well, I've been playing for a few hours and the game is outstanding. It's much like the Mario rpgs in that you can see your enemy (NO RANDOM BATTLES!) and you don't have to fight anything in the overworld. The graphics are outstanding for a SNES title and the music, oh the music. This is music I'll never forget. Plus, I can already tell the story is going to be epic. Battles are fun too, with the Techs and such.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

WiiAboutU

OmegaM wrote:

My latest Retro purchase was Sonic The Hedghog 2 for the Sega Master System for 5€ boxed and no instructions. I'm currently seeking a SNES and a Super Game Boy so I can play my game boy titles with style XD.

I never knew Super Gameboy ever existed.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Tasuki

WiiAboutU wrote:

OmegaM wrote:

My latest Retro purchase was Sonic The Hedghog 2 for the Sega Master System for 5€ boxed and no instructions. I'm currently seeking a SNES and a Super Game Boy so I can play my game boy titles with style XD.

Yep it was an adapter that you put into the cartridge slot so you can play Gamboy games on your SNES.

My Backlog

OmegaM

WiiAboutU wrote:

OmegaM wrote:

Like it was briefly explained, it's a cartridge adaptor you put on the SNES and after that you put your GB and GB/GBC games(the ones with the black cartridge) in that adaptor and it would appear with a coloured pallet, sometimes each game got enhanced feautures like stereo sound, 2 player suport only using a second controller and stuff like that.

Now playing - R-Type Final PS2
My backloggery - http://backloggery.com/OmegaMarcus/
My Gpxplus - http://my.gpxpl.us/OmegaMarcus

WiiAboutU

Do you guys remember the 'Interactor' rumble vest, that was made for the Genesis and Super Nintendo? It had to be the worst video game related purchase I've ever made. It worked horribly, was uncomfortable and cost me $90 with tax. I returned to KB and got my money back, then proceeded to Babbages and purchased Earthbound for $60. Which turned out to be one of my best purchases ever. Sometimes I think I was trying to make up for the fact that I never owned a Power Glove. I don't know, do you have a worst video game related purchase?

Ryno

@WaveBoy
Your story about the babysitter is so 80's movie-like that if you weren't so gnarly I thought you would have made it up! haha... That is a cool story about your mom getting you that game. I remember my mom bought me Clash at Demonhead. I looked at the cover and was like thanks(?), and was thinking what the hell is this?
Untitled
When was the last time you played Contra? I figure that a person’s preference between the two depends on which one you played more as a kid. I played Super C more so that is why I may lean towards it. Now I thought Contra had the bland and generic machinery. This boss from Super C looks rad and the colors on Super C pop out even more than Contra, those it looks great. I am afraid for what the VC NES color-neuterer did to the colors of Super C.
Untitled
Contra's music may be better overall but I love the Level 1 music to Super C along with the opening two screen drop out of the helicopter. That is so ! I have not played Contra 4 before and it has been ages since I played Contra III, I was thinking of getting it for my SNES if I could get it complete and at a good price.

How did T&C get the slit in it? Where you playing with your new Ginsu knives to close to it again? I hope you savored the NEs Game Pak unpackaging experience like a fine wine! Those are rare experiences indeed. Did you play it as well? I am sure I will end up opening my sealed game someday.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High is definitely a classic and going as Jeff Spicoli is a fantastic idea! Just make sure you are not going to some high school party where no one would know who he is!

Oh yeah, and I need that Super Mario Bros. 2 clay cover NP. Nice that you have it!

Edited on by theblackdragon

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

Here is my latest NES game, Strider.
Untitled

I never have played it but I like Capcom NES games so for less than $12 shipped to get it CIB I figured what the heck? I have read that the controls are a little jerky and glitchy and one of the weakpoints in the game but that it is still a fun action adventure.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

WiiAboutU

Is the 'DD' in N64DD short for 'Dual Drive'?

WiiAboutU

KingMike wrote:

Disk Drive.

What kind of disk, cd or like a floppy disc?

Tasuki

WiiAboutU wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Disk Drive.

What kind of disk, cd or like a floppy disc?

Like a floppy disc.

What does this have to do with a Retro purchase?

My Backlog

WiiAboutU

How or why was the disk superior to the N64 cartridges?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic