Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 461 to 480 of 3,426

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

461. Posted:

Nice purchases as always Ryno. I am jealous on the TMNT II purchase lol. The last time I tried to buy TMNT 2 I got a used copy and someone swapped out the guts in the cartridge and when I put it into my NES Super Mario Bros came up on my TV. Boy was I mad.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

462. Posted:

I busted up out of nowhere while at work when I read about your TMNT II experience Tasuki! Super Mario Bros??? haha... Oh man... I would be so pissed. I am a little disappointed that my copy wont have the coupon for Pizza Hut :p Which TMNT games
do you have?

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

463. Posted:

@Ryno: OH man no Pizza Hut coupon lol that was one of the best things about it lol.

Right now I have TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project (bought that when it originally came out) TMNT Tournament Fighters on the SNES (Which I got for Christmas one year) and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES which I just picked up a few weeks ago. I also have TMNT The Arcade game on XBLA as well as the Reshelled version of TMNT Turtles in Time on XBLA.

Other than TMNT on XBLA I never owned the Arcade game as stated above. ANd yes I was mad when that happend to make matters worst when I went to take it back to the store I got it from they accused me of swapping out the guts. :O I still check from time to time for the NES version but since I dont have a NES it would just be torture for me if I do indeed end up getting it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RetroRich

464. Posted:

I didn't buy it, but i got Castlevania II - Belmonts Revenge on the Gameboy today. The lady on reception at the office I work in got a gameboy and some games off ebay and she didn't like this game so she gave me it for free. Its pretty good, and its going for some crazy prices on ebay, although the mint boxed copy for £69.99 seems a little unrealistic.

RetroRich

AuthorMessage

Ryno

465. Posted:

Want to sell me that copy of The Manahattan Project? ;) Which do you like more, the originals or XBLA versions? I have a PS3 so I dont have the fortune of having the option for those! I almost got Turtles in Time along with Legend of the Mystical Ninja in a lot but I was outbid at the last minute :(

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

466. Posted:

Untitled

I got this at a retro store when I happened to look upon it unexpectingly. Originally I wanted to just wait for it to appear on the eShop, but I took the opportunity and now I'll get to play it sooner! I'll be playing it on the Game Boy Advance SP. I'll still get it again when it becomes avaliable on the eShop, but sometimes it's nice to have two copies.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Ryno

467. Posted:

Nice NintyFan, which retro store? I have never played that but would like to get that someday!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

468. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Nice NintyFan, which retro store? I have never played that but would like to get that someday!

It's a place called GameSwap, and they have every kind of video game and system you can imagine from today's modern consoles to the Atari. It's a really neat place. They even have everything sorted by system so you can look for just the right game. They even have retro systems displayed that would make any collector smile.

I've heard that Of Myths of Monsters can get pretty hard, especially when fighting one of the bosses, but it's also easier in that Pit doesn't die if he falls off the screen. It should be pretty fun, and it's weird that the game was originally released everywhere except Japan. That would never happen today!

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

469. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Want to sell me that copy of The Manahattan Project? ;) Which do you like more, the originals or XBLA versions? I have a PS3 so I dont have the fortune of having the option for those! I almost got Turtles in Time along with Legend of the Mystical Ninja in a lot but I was outbid at the last minute :(

Sorry dude but you probably know the answer. ;).

Well the Arcade version on the XBLA is pretty much the same as the original arcade version expect they added online leaderboards and online play. Now the difference from the Arcade Version/XBLA and the NES version of TMNT 2: The Arcade game is the two added levels on the NES level and they replace the Bebop and Rocksteady fight with the Fly version of Baxter Stockman in the Parking Garage level. Now I really enjoy the two new levels in the NES version but I like the fight with Bebop and Rocksteady instead of Baxter.

As for TMNT: Turtles in time I like the SNES version even over the Arcade version. I like the added levels and the added bosses, especially the Shredder battle. I dont really care for the XBLA version of Turtles in Time, mainly do to the updated graphics and sound but I had to check it out and it was on sale when I got it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

470. Posted:

@Nintyfan Gameswap sounds awesome! My only problem with the 1 retro stores I have been too around me is that is seemed to expensive. I have to buy things complete so that is part of the expensive problem though :D I heard that Of Myths and Monsters was a lot more manageable than Kid Icarus NES mainly because of the whole not falling off and dieing thing. Did not know that it was never released in Japan.

@Tasuki Baxter Stockman Oh man, I cannot wait to get/play TMNT II. I forgot about that character! Nostalgia is going to hit me like a bullet trian when I play this. I wish they came up with some cooler name for TMNT II other than "The Arcade Game" though. I never had TMNT III, I just originally had I,II, and IV along with Attack of the Foot Clan for GB. I thought it was the coolest thing to toss the Foot Clan into the screen in IV.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

471. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: I wish they came up with some cooler name for TMNT II other than "The Arcade Game" though.

Well I believe the reason for the naming is because they already had a TMNT game on the NES and they wanted to make sure that people knwe this game wasnt a follow up to that horrible game but instead a NES port of the Arcade game . At the time the Arcade game was one of the hottest games around at the time. I remember having to stand in lines for awhile at my local arcade just to play it back in the late 80's.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

472. Posted:

@Ryno
How in the hell did you manage to snag a copy of a Contra CIB!? That's next to impossible to find on eBay, let alone it must be pretty pricey. :p Not to mention TMNT II: The Arcade game is very hard to find CIB as well. Tell me your secrets! lol B-)

Now I'm all jelous haha. Anyways, I'd be posting here more often but I've gotta watch my money. eek!
I'm basically limiting myself to two retro titles a month depending, i think my main focus is on the 3DS at the momento, along with the Wii. It's just hard balancing everything out. Yet I'm thinking about ditching my PS3 altogether. I don't have the time and cash to spend on multiple consoles during one generation, i'm basically sticking with Nintendo from here on out. :p

Anyways, just out of curiousity how many NES titles do you have in your collection now and which ones? :)
I don't have that much at all really. I've go around 25 titles left i want to get and that's that depending hehe. Anyways, I've only got 15 title in my NES collection, here they are! I've got doubles of a few them too.

Super Mario Bros. 2 - CIB
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Mega Man 2
Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt - CIB
Legend of Zelda
T & C Surf - Sealed
Fester's Quest
Zelda II: Adventure of Link
Frida the 13th - CIB
TMNT
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Super Mario Bros. 3 - CIB
TMNT II: The Arcade Game
Amagon
TMNT III: The Manhatten Project

I'm suprised I still don't have Kid Icarus, DuckTales, Contra and Ninja Gaiden in my collection considering those are some of my favorite NES titles, especially Kid Icarus. But I won't be getting that CIB, considering i can't stand the boring generic box art.lol

And speaking of the TMNT II: The Arcade game, I absolutely loved Rocksteadies line delivery before you faught him in the burning appartment.
*"Say your praires Toitles!" lol Then again, that was from the 'actual' Arcade Game hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

473. Posted:

@Tasuki
I can see how back then to come out with and state "The Arcade Game" was a big deal back then I suppose. I was not much of an arcade gamer, I didn't have the quarters!!! :D I did play occasionally when I went for birthday parties and such events though. I think I missed out on some great classic late 80's and early 90's memories though. :( But, everyone had a NES in my neighborhood and there was like 6 of us guys so needles to say we played a lot of great games! If only I could have all those games... Alright, nobody probably cares about my childhood haha....

@WaveBoy
Regarding Contra, I got it for $25.00 plus $4.00 shipped. I had been looking for it for awhile then I finally found a price I thought was reasonable. So, my secret is spending to much of my time on Ebay! :) Turtles II was a different story. This dude posted a bunch of sealed games (where do people find these?) and some nice CIB games including a nice CIB Mega Man 6 and a sealed Darkwing Duck so I bid on those and found that he posted the Turtles II which must have got lost in the shuffle because no one really challenged my bid. I also saw the sealed Vice: Project Doom (great title name) and I was like "oh, hell yeah" and snagged up the mostly forgot about (even by Sega, the license holder) gem from Sammy Studios. That is my first sealed NES game. Tempting to open... Are you going to open your T&C Surf Design?

I know what you mean about watching your money! How easy it is to spend when it comes to the NES. My 30th birthday was on June 10th so I got some money and well, guess what I spend some of it on? ;) That is cool you have a 3DS I want one but I recently got a GBA SP and playing catch up with that since I have not had a portable since the original monochrome GB!

What is your PSN ID? I know you probably don't play it much but hey, maybe sometime I will see you on :) I just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 after playing NGI and NGII on the NES (first PS3 game I have bought in a long time) so I will be playing my PS3 at least for a little awhile. It will be nice when I can play cool third party games on a Nintendo system when the Wii U comes out. I don’t think I will miss the Sony exclusives to much.

Here is my NES collection. There are some obvious omissions that need to be rectified. I am sure that I at least have 25 more NES games I want as well! I want Kid Icarus too but CIB and that goes for a lot of money. The Game Paks feel incomplete to me without there box and manual not to mention the value of them is a lot higher when they are complete. I was at my parent’s house last night and just quickly glancing through some old Nintendo Powers, big mistake! Haha… When I am done with the games I want off the top of my head I am going to go back and read reviews/cheats from the old Nintendo Power mags and see what I missed. Haha… B-D

NES Games:
Super Marios Bros. 2 - Game Pak and manual
Castlevania - CIB
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - CIB
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - CIB
DuckTales - CIB
StarTropics - CIB with the letter as well!
Rush-n-Attack - CIB
The Legend of Zelda - Game Pak only (one of the few games I kept or found from childhood)
Zelda II: The Adventures of Link - CIB
Blaster Master - CIB (from childhood)
Dragon Warrior - CIB with Nintendo Power Guidebook and Reference Chart (from my childhood)
Contra - CIB
Super C - CIB
Ninja Gaiden - CIB
Ninja Gaiden II - CIB
TMNT II: The Arcade Game - CIB
Vice: Project Doom - Sealed

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

474. Posted:

Oh man I cant even remember half the games I have on the NES but here it goes (and just to make it clear I have all the boxes and instruction booklets still in near new condition).

Metal Gear
Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt
Super Mario 2
Super Mario 3
Ducktales
Chip N Dales Rescue Rangers
Chip N Dales Rescue Rangers 2
TMNT III: The Manhattan Project
Battletoads
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Contra
Jackal
Castlevania III: Draculas Curse
The Legend of Zelda (Gold Cartridge of course :D)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Also Gold)
River City Ransom
Super Dodgeball
Nintendo World Cup
Spy VS Spy
Double Dragon II
Batman
Crash N the Boys Street Challenge
Deja Vu
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior
Hogan's Alley
Kung Fu
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Mario Bros
Mission: Impossible
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2
North and South
Operation Wolf
Super Spike V Ball
Tale Spin
Tecmo Bowl

I am sure I am missing alot but thats all I remember now.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

475. Posted:

@Tasuki
Nobody asked you and those game don't count because you dont even have your NES! :P J/K I am just hating because I am jealous that you were smart enough to keep your NES games. BTW, were you ever able to beat Battletoads? I don't hate many games, especially retro games, but I hate, hate, hate that game!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

476. Posted:

@Ryno: Technically I do still have my NES its just at my moms place :P. Whats even more amazing is that I still have the boxes for said games and the books as well I am a little anal like that and like to keep my stuff in good condition.

No I have never beat Battletoads and I ever used a freakin Game Genie over at my friends house back in the day, talk about one tough game lol. I wouldnt say I hate Battletoads, storyline wise I like it alot but the difficulty was just insane. The one I always liked was Battletoads and Double Dragon.

Oh and the only thing I ever traded in was my N64 and a few games with that. Other than that I have kept all my games and systems throughout the years. The only occasion game I do trade in is one that is something totally different from what I thought it was before I bought it. In other words its a really crappy game lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

477. Posted:

Kendo Rage for SNES

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

478. Posted:

mega man 8 brand new sealed for ps1

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

479. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

mega man 8 brand new sealed for ps1

Wow I feel sorry for you. That is probably the worst Megaman game ever.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

480. Posted:

Yeah, I hope that didn't cost you very much. Either way, prepare yourself for "jump jump Slide Slide!"

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~