Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 4,839

the_shpydar

Yeah, been a while i posted here — the Switch has taken up most of my gaming time for the past several months.

But i did hit up the retro shop a few weeks ago, picked up Contra (NES) (an absolute must-have for any NES collection) and Rolling Thunder (NES) (a great port of the arcade, which i've been playing a bunch of on Namco Museum).

Also picked up Def Jam Vendetta (GC) a little while ago. Great AKI wrestling game, with the same perfect control scheme as their N64 WCW & WWF games, even though it is light on features (limited mach types, no CAW). I want to get the sequel (Def Jam Fight for NY) eventually since it's supposed to be better in just about every way, but for some reason it commands a fairly premium price these days.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Yeah, i actually got it back in November (i think? right around whenever Odyssey came out). I absolutely love it. I've put almost 250 hours in to Zelda alone, and i'm loving the HAMSTER releases of all the arcade and NeoGeo stuffs.

It's a good thing i finished Samus Returns before i got it, because since then my poor 3DS has gone completely neglected (and on a related note, i had to disconnect my 360 from the TV when i got the Switch because of not enough HDMI ports, and i haven't ever reconnected the 360 since).

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar I know what you mean. The only time I have been playing my PS4 is when my son is on the Switch. Currently I am hooked on Skyrim.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Fiyaball

Haven't really gotten much lately. Did go to a store in Atlanta and picked up Legacy of the Wizard, a general NP Tricks and Tips guide from ~1992, Jet Force Gemini, Resident Evil 0, and Darkened Skye for $44.47. They had Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ for $90 there, but I decided to pass.

Fiyaball

the_shpydar

Fiyaball wrote:

They had Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ for $90 there, but I decided to pass.

Holy crap, is that what that game is going for now? I used to own it (and enjoyed the hell out of it), but ended up trading it in at some point after playing through it a bunch of times. Wish i had held on to it!

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

Yeah unfortunately I haven't down any new retro purchases lately mainly due to time and money. With my rent going up next month I doubt I will even be making many retro game purchases here soon. 😥

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

darkswabber

After my recent dissapointment of all the ps1 games being fake and thus not buying them (made a forum post about the games), followed by a string of dissapointments I finally had some luck.

Last weekend I bought new copies of rhythm paradise and geometry wars for the DS for a total of €3 (my local toy store still had them hidden away in a sale bin from 10 years ago).
I bought jack skellington for DI, super mario land 2 and a gb game holder for €5.
And last but not least I bought a gameboy player add on for the gamecube + beyond good and evil and sonic gems collection for €25. (The GB player actually came with a gamecube, lotr return of the king and a controller but I resold that for €40 to a friend, the GC usually goes for €50 where I live)

Edited on by darkswabber

darkswabber

Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@darkswabber Congrats, those are some very nice deals. Isn't the GC version of Beyond Good and Evil pricey these days?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

darkswabber

@MarcelRguez factory sealed, yes. Used, about €10.
I think any factory sealed game from generation 6 and before are worth a fortune.

Edited on by darkswabber

darkswabber

Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@darkswabber Just 10€? Man, there's no demand for that game at all, huh? I was expecting it to be more in the 25-40 range, since there aren't that many GC copies floating around here.

MarcelRguez

KingMike

Isn't it more common on one or both of its generation rivals? Being a non-exclusive game would probably reduce its value a bit.

KingMike

MarcelRguez

@KingMike Yeah, I've seen the PS2 version once or twice on my local stores, but no Xbox or GameCube versions. You can get it extremely cheap for PC these days too.

That said, a copy of the GC version will cost you around 30€ on eBay.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

darkswabber

Had luck again and bought 28 ps2 games and a demo disc for €15 (including a undamaged 100% complete version of scarface: the world is yours collectors edition)
Also bought zoo tycoon 2 and the sims 2 for the ds for €4 and bought a real cartridge of pokemon emerald for €5 (battery still works but not for long)

darkswabber

Twitter:

DarumakaSensei

Hi guys! Speaking about retro purchases... I'm interested in purchasing a GBA SP, and I saw a deal near me and I'm really keen on it. The GBA is the red version (-001) and it's in a really good condition, being sold at 20€. What do you guys think about it?

DarumakaSensei

darkswabber

Can’t type everything out so added a phote.
Initially got it for free but that felt like stealing, they didn’t accept more than €50 (went to their kids)

Includes a ps1, ps2, xbox, wii, FFVII, VIII, IX, X-2, XII, dark cloud, star ocean, abe’s odyssey, abe’s exodus, shadow of the collossus collectors edition, MGS1, 2, 3, twilight princess, mario kart wii, legacy of kain and much much more (total of 74 games)

Untitled

darkswabber

Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@darkswabber Deal of the century right there. The PAL versions of Symphony of the Night and Legend of Dragoon alone are pricier than what you paid.

I've bought some GBA stuff recently:

• Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
  • Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors
  • Final Fantasy VI Advance
  • Mario Party Advance
  • NES Classic Metroid
  • Puyo Pop Fever

That means I finally have all Mario, Metroid, Castlevania and Final Fantasy games on the system. I also got myself an original Game Boy rarity: Cave Noire. It's a Rogue-like in the style of the Shiren or Torneko games, made by Konami for the Game Boy. Japanese import, but the game is pretty self-explanatory, as you can see:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It amuses me that there's a Game Boy game out there with this level of random generation, I quite like it.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

ogo79

just scored a refurbished taint waxer on ebay for 39.99
the description said "gently used"
well im about to fire this puppy up and go to town.
will post a video here once i get into the swing of it

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Zuljaras

I am waiting for my GB games to arrive:

• Pokémon Gold
  • Pokémon Silver
  • Pokémon Red
  • Pokémon Blue
  • Pokémon Yellow
    I also got my Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic