Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,381 to 4,400 of 4,839

KingMike

Did the Pokemon Leaf Green still save? That's one odd thing is that the game can even tell when the save memory is missing (the start screen has a message about "the 1M circuit") and yet still allows the game to play.

Well, I ordered a Konami Krazy Racers cart. Just looking at the box art, I love how it entices me with "my favorite Konami characters" such as "Ninja". I'm not sure who "Ninja" is but I was sold on his inclusion.
(actually watched a video of the Japanese version. I'll assume the "waiwai" singing on the menu is removed in the localization.)

I remember the bootleg Ruby I bought but returned for a real one. The label art had all the right signs in all the wrong places. How can the pirates mess that up? (though it was the lack of "Nintendo" logo as well as the wrong AGB code on the back of the cart that tipped me off, and lack of Nintendo logo on the GBA boot screen)

KingMike

Eel

It seems to do some fancy trickery to save the game.

A message that says "Loading the last save file" or something like that appears before the "continue, new game, options" menu, and when you save it kind of holds up for a second, no music or anything, and then it saves.

The game can't interact with non-gba pokemon games, like Colosseum. It literally shows a message that says something to the effect of "something's wrong with this game, the file will be destroyed", but I can just turn it off and the file remains there like nothing happens.

When trading with other GBA games, Leaf Green "pretends" it's saving like the real games do (it acts normally, no hold ups or anything) in between trades, but if you were to do a trade and quit without saving afterwards, the game actually loads the last save from before the trade. (so if I don't save after a trade, I'll lose the pokemon I traded in).

I can only assume the rom was modified to load and save with a special proccess, kinda like it keeps a separate save state, and skips it during trades to keep the connection stable. And since the save file is in a different place, the other games can't really destroy it.

It's completely normal in every other aspect.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gamecubed

Found an official Gameboy multi tap sealed in the box at a local indoor flea market for $10. Just a little display piece for me.

Gamecubed

Tasuki

Picked up a few things at the Sac Gamer Expo today. Super Off Road for $5 and Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures for $15 both on the SNES and two Genesis six button controllers for $20 for the pair.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheMudHutDweller

Retro purchase, eh? Well, I did recently buy some septuagenarian from the black market while I was perusing the Dark Web. Initially, I just used her as a foot rest, but she just kept incessantly whining and whining and whining about her "poor back". Having become tired of her perpetual bleating, I now keep her chained up against the wall in the coal cellar under my property. There are rats under the house, but I'm quite sure that she'll be just fine. Probably.

Oh, and 80's Overdrive. That sort of counts as a retro title, doesn't it? No? Oh well. Still, I'm having so much fun with that game right now. Highly recommended!

TheMudHutDweller

FX102A

Finally got my large boxed Super Metroid, undoing a mistake from my childhood. The guide was a little tatty but ironically that was the only bit I still had in decent nick.

This joined by Actraiser (Cart + Manual), R-Types and that PS1 Xevious compilation.

FX102A

Fiyaball

Recently picked up Revelations: The Demon Slayer, Wild Arms 3, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar for $54. Wild Arms 3 is a complete copy, but the manual smells like smoke, so I'll probably almost never read it.

Fiyaball

Moviefan2k4

I went to a game convention this past April, and got the Wii version of "Super Mario All-Stars". In hindsight, I think I got duped...expecting the ports to be from the Advance series on the GBA.

Edited on by Moviefan2k4

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

KingMike

@bezerker99 Has Metroid II gone up that people are reproing that now? I know Kid Dracula is a rare enough game and so is (the released) Resident Evil Gaiden, and the unreleased Resident Evil port was suppoedly good for what it was (at least of what was finished of the game before it was canceled).

KingMike

ogo79

@bezerker99
my mother said she was going to hold off on those until christmas but i see she gave them to you earlier...i wonder what else she gave you.......................

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

bezerker99 wrote:

@KingMike To be honest, I don't have a clue the value or rarity of video games these days. Just not something I keep track of. My homeboys, @ogo79 and @the_shpydar (and probably everyone else in this thread) are far better experts than me.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RancidVomit86

Recently picked up Project Eden for PS2. It's one I never played but always had bit of an interest in.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Maurino892017

SNES mini

It's-a-me, Mario!

https://twitter.com/Maurino892017

ogo79

the lost prototype battle beasts for nes
maybe
hi nintendoage obsessed type weirdos
no i wont be releasing the rom because im a jerk and ill say it for you in advance

the_shpydar wrote:

MarcelRguez

Boktai arrived on the mail today and I just ordered WarioWare Twisted from an American seller. Didn't even know that game exists until fairly recently. After that, I plan to import Boktai 3 from Japan and I'll own every special GBA cart, Koro Koro Puzzle included.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Fiyaball

Popped into Half-Price Books last week while returning home from family Christmas stuff. Spent $70 and got Warsong (cart only), Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue (cart), Croc 1 (Complete copy), and the guide for Dragon Warrior 7 (only $20!). Overall, a nice haul. They had Super Metroid there, but it was $80. Also "forgot" to buy River City Ransom for $30 there, but oh well.

Fiyaball

ogo79

Pikamon101 wrote:

Hey guys! Do you have any old Nintendo consoles I could have please? My computer is sooo crappy and cant run ROM's and I barely have any money. ; ( I would extremely appreciate it a lot! God bless! Thanks! : )

looks like yer not the best at posting. heres all yer topics:
including locked ones
1-Please read. ;( Though nobody will probably read this..
2-Please Donate To Build Me A Game Room!
3-I need Super Mario Sunshine ISO
4-I need help reseting my Pac Man World GBA game please!
5-SNES (Super Nintendo) Help
6-DSi Moding
you need a lot of help and free crap for some reason.
i just sold an nes toaster, nes top loader and a mini snes days ago.
and all this time i really should have held on to them to give them to you for free.

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

Perordered Holy Diver Collector's Set and R-Type Returns Collector's set from CastleMania.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic