Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 4,839

ogo79

@KingMike
yer a naughty naughty boy!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

he got some untitled games!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Procrastination

GB boy colour (yes, that knockoff back-light gbc.) and f1 season 2000 and pong: the next level (both for gbc)

hoping i can find either kirby or pokemon soon.

OK.

the_shpydar

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wanderers from Ys III for the Super Nintendo. Time to settle the score.

Nice. Possibly my favorite Ys game (tied with Felghana, which is actually just a remake of Ys III) I have it for both Genesis and Super Nintendo. I think i prefer the Genny version, but both have their positives and negatives over the other (i also love how the title on the SuperNinty version is all screwed up as "Wanderers from Ys III", when it's actually supposed to be "Ys III: Wanderers from Ys" )

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CanisWolfred

the_shpydar wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wanderers from Ys III for the Super Nintendo. Time to settle the score.

Nice. Possibly my favorite Ys game (tied with Felghana, which is actually just a remake of Ys III) I have it for both Genesis and Super Nintendo. I think i prefer the Genny version, but both have their positives and negatives over the other (i also love how the title on the SuperNinty version is all screwed up as "Wanderers from Ys III", when it's actually supposed to be "Ys III: Wanderers from Ys" )

The store clerk actually hot confused because of that when I asked hit to get it from the cabinet. It really is an odd title...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Fiyaball

Picked up Twisted Metal 2 for the PS1, going to have a ton of fun with it.

Fiyaball

Freek

@ogo79
Yeah, photo bucket works so well.
Also, I'm too lazy to title my pics let alone post it again.

They were actually Castlvania Legacy of Darkness CIB and Chef's Luv Shack CIB both for N64.

Also just bought NBA Live 99, Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside and NBA Pro 98 all CIB for N64.
Already have Pro so I'll resell it and get half my money back as I got them for a steal.

Edited on by Freek

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

Eel

I bought a copy of Spyro Orange (GBA) on ebay.

I used to have it, and it wasn't exactly good... But I kinda... Missed it. So there.

Next up I plan to buy Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town, another game that got lost in the same bag. But I'll wait until this one gets here first.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

found 3 games at my local thrift store. its hard to find games these days out in the wild.
1-my uncles free candy bus-dreamcast
2-convince the collage girl-saturn
3-tupperware terror-snes

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama

I have a local retro store now! (all the ones in my old town got pushed out by gamestop) Just picked up Drakenguard, bushido blade, Xena, SF EX3, and batman vengeance.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

found 3 games at my local thrift store. its hard to find games these days out in the wild.
1-my uncles free candy bus-dreamcast
2-convince the collage girl-saturn
3-tupperware terror-snes

I know that, haven't looked in a long time since it seems like all you find anymore are insanely priced good games, and/or the sports and licensed shovelware nobody wants.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
i got lucky

the_shpydar wrote:

blaisedinsd

I got Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and NES Zapper

SW-7087-5868-6390

ogo79

aaawww yeah.
one day im gonna get 18 part time jobz so i can get all the rare gamez.
den
im gonna research websites that are so obscure that most people never checked out before
and come back here and pretend i knew about these gamez all along.
so it makes me look like i know my stuff.
im 17 years old.
after i feel im successful enough im gonna make a youtube channel and school everyone on gamez.
does anyone have mario 3 for nes cuz i cant find that game anywhere.
why does my switch have scratched skreen all over it?
im gonna get those rare gamez dawg.
i need that status.

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

Not so much a purchase but more like a gift. I went to see my local retro game guy and he has been toying with the idea of doing repro carts. Don't worry he's not trying to pass them off as real carts. His have different artwork and a person who knows games will be able to tell that they are a repro. Long story short hes beginning to feel the collectors crunch so to speak, people come to him looking for the games to play but dont want to pay the high prices collectors and flippers are asking for for certain games if that makes sense. So repro carts give people a chance to play these games for a cheaper cost. Anyway he decide to let me be his guinea pig and decide to give me a free copy of his Castlevania Bloodlines Repro for Genny to test out

Untitled

So far it looks good especially with the case and all, tonight though will be the really test when I try it on my Genesis.

Anyway probably no retro purchases for me for awhile. Unless @the_shpydar knows of any good retro game stores in NYC for my trip there in a few weeks.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

@Tasuki
how much for the toe nail right below the cart?
i have paypal

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
The only store i know (that i've been to) in Manhattan is Video Games NY which is in/near Greenwich Village. It's ... Well, i don't like it. If you're looking for very high-end/rare stuff, it's pretty good (and they have a cool display-case section with some ultra-rare kinda things, prototypes, etc). But for middle/cheap stuff, i wouldn't really recommend — they'll probably have whatever you're looking for, but prices for most stuff is seriously inflated/overpriced. Probably worth a trip, but save your money unless there's something specific that you can't find anywhere else.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Ouch sounds like what happened to my local retro game store when a new owner bought it. Might have a look there if I am in the neighborhood when I am there the 18th - 24th.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic