Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,201 to 4,220 of 4,850

the_shpydar

@DBailey
Not super rare per se, but it is very common that you will find a GB Player without the disc, making the Player useless, hence the inflated prices for a complete set.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Fiyaball

Picked up a copy of Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast for $2.98 at GoodWill. It's a beat bit up, but hey, it's a complete copy for $2.98!

Fiyaball

KingMike

@the_shpydar The only logical explanation is that people lost or broke their discs, leaving a lot of orphan hardware. I think until like 2009 or so (around when I got my player), NoA still had spare discs for sale but I'm sure that has long since dried up. (although I find it funny that people were selling their unwanted Wii Sports discs on ebay for, also, above Nintendo's asking price, while it was still a pack-in exclusive)

KingMike

ogo79

@the_shpydar @KingMike
i have a friend who has 5 gb player discs lol
he also has 5 copies of bayonetta 1 and 2 for wii u.
and he doesnt want to reduce his stash either lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

I saw GameStop charging $70 for a copy of Bayonetta 2 for Wii U with both games.
Wow that is very pricey, that's definitely collector pricing.
Bayonetta 2 alone I thought was like $30 and the PS3/360 versions of the first game I thought were like $10. Is it on Steam too?

But I suppose in time Bayonetta 1 will become one of the pricey Wii U games when collecting that takes off in like 10 years (people will probably collect because it's a comparatively small library at under 200 disc games, I think. Not as small as a "small" library like the 32X, Virtual Boy or PC-FX.)
Though I imagine the costliest will be something people haven't heard of.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
the guy i know asked me for my sealed bayonetta 1 and 2 because he thinks its gonna be worth something some day.
he has 5 of them already. he went to all the gamestops around here and picked them up.
he also went to all the walmarts and got all the wii nunchuck controllers.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

@ogo79
So he's the reason i haven't been able to get a copy for a good price! Not that i even have a Wii U, but you know i love me some Bayonetta so i want to get it just on principle (and the thought that one day i'll buy a cheap 3rd-hand Wii U maybe).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

@the_shpydar
yeah i specifically inquired about a copy for you actually.
as soon as i asked he said he wasnt selling any copies.
and he still asked me for my sealed one however.
same guy i sold a copy of little samson to.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Ordered a loose Famicom Circus Charlie from a UK site, so after shipping I'm basically paying ebay price but getting another game free.
And speaking of ebay, had some paypal credit from a friend so I used that to buy Fantasy Zone II Famicom, Shanghai II (Sunsoft, why did you make nice 8-bit music even for a Shanghai game) and a handful of cheapo Japanese Game Boy carts (I guess Puyo-Puyo and Puzzle Bobble GB being the best).

KingMike

Eel

I recently bought Harvest Moon DS Cute.

As retro as early DS games can be, I'll consider this my latest retro purchase.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

My latest retro purchase was Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (with all expacs) just a few days ago. I've a bunch of good old retro games on disc that I've been meaning to get digital copies (if there is one) of, but I wait until they're on sale for cheap before I get them.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

ogo79

Untitled
had my eye on this for a little bit.
my good eye, not the ungooder one.
so when i decide to open my sealed ps2 game i can open a new book to go with it.
which will make it an un boexing amirite?
sci fi beat em up!
theres a lot of upgrades and rpg materials so i know this book will be useful.
i love brawlers/beat em ups because im just violent and feeble minded like that.
yes. stupid people play beat em ups because thats all our brains can handle.
so i use my brute force to beat up smart people
and it makes me feel good about myself.
take my game further you say?
oh im gonna take it way further!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
i mean come on how can you not like this game?

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

I'm surprised I've never heard of that game. I mean that was when Capcom, like Konami, was still far more significant in games than they are now.
And some RPG element? Though I'm not a huge brawler fan, I'd probably have blown some money on it.

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I'm surprised I've never heard of that game. I mean that was when Capcom, like Konami, was still far more significant in games than they are now.
And some RPG element? Though I'm not a huge brawler fan, I'd probably have blown some money on it.

never...ever say that part again!
it would hurt my heart but i dont have one of those!

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama

Found a retro game store in my town and picked up bushido blade 2 and Drakengard.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

KingMike

@ogo79 I occasionally play brawlers, though I'm terrible at them.
For SFC, I did get Ghost Chaser Densei loose back when it could be bought at a sane price. (and that was when a CIB copy was maybe $50, then a year later it was $150 loose.)

Had wanted Undercover Cops but when it was already up to $100+ loose is when I had to say "pass".

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
ghost chaser is awesome. so is undercover cops.
i definitely own those myself

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

I missed a post the mods deleted, still in my mailbox and I have to say LOL guy who wanted to sell me a Chinese repro of Ghost Chaser Densei for more than what I paid for my real one.
And I'll pass on other one since IMO playing a ROM is no different than buying a repro, as a means of getting these not-reasonably-obtainable games. No, buying a repro is worse than playing a ROM. Since either way you're illegally obtaining a game, but with a ROM someone else is not illicitly profiting from it.

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic