Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,181 to 4,200 of 4,839

Tasuki

@Undead_terror I can honestly say I never played that one. I played the SNES , KI Gold on the N64 and even the Xbox One remake. I think the thing that deturd me from playing a fighting game on GB is the fact that GB only has two buttons.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

celebrating monday coming up in just a few hours i decided to nab some crap.
three dirty dwarves-sega saturn
Untitled
Untitled
plays just like guardian heroes and just how mom used to cook em
and a few ps3 downloads:
double dragon neon
lucifer ring
fighting force
tehra dark warrior
battle princess of arcadias
anarchy reigns

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Luna_110

While it isn't retro per se, it does allow playing retro games - I finally managed to snag a Nes Classic (at double the Msrp, but details). I should be able to pick it up next week, so I'll finally try out all those old NES games.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tasuki

@Luna_110 Just cause it allows you to play retro games dosent meant it's retro. My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 can play retro games on it, but I wouldn't count that as a retro purchase.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

My retro purchase was Gamecube games and Gamecube controller.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Tasuki it would if it was advertised as a way to play retro games. As in, if that was its purpose.

Things made specifically for retro can be shared as "retro" purchases.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

downloaded sacred citadel for ps3.
just like dungeons and dragons.
mr beat em up hack n slash.
im just violent like that.
ogo79-bringing retro to ps3 retro inspired games.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Haruki_NLI

Luigi's Mansion (Hopefully works this time) - £20
F-Zero GX - £20
Paper Mario TTYD - £55

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grandpa_Pixel

This will be probably one of the last few retro game "I bought" posts about games. Because I have just finished my collection (300+ games strong!) Only started properly in January 2016 but I learnt so much about collecting games. Right now the only game purchases left for me are to replace worn out copies or ones suffering from yellowing. After that the test of time will determine my collection's condition after that.

As for my latest purchase, it was my last Gamecube game and more importantly the one that sky rocketed my love for Nintendo which was Super Smash Bros Melee at a humble £32.

Other purchases involved Tales of Symphonia for £30, the 3DS Louvre Guide in English for £28, Baten Kaitos for £30, both Boktai games for £54 and a very lovely condition Mole Mania and it complete for £45.

Edited on by Grandpa_Pixel

Grandpa_Pixel

ogo79

so i ordered a second copy of alcahest for snes because this one supposedly has the english password that @KingMike had picked up the ball on and finished up...

the_shpydar wrote:

roy130390

Okamiden. A really amazing game if you enjoyed the original Okami or 3D Zeldas.

I'll get The world ends with you soon , those 2 games are the best ds games for me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

KingMike

Pretty much only importing these days. Surging Aura and Rent-A-Hero for Mega Drive, Blood of Bahamut and ASH for DS (wasn't that by the Final Fantasy guy? Well, it's a touch-screen only RPG, it looks like. Maybe that's why they didn't localize it but then again Nintendo of America was probably nearly as gimmicky as Japan.), as well as ordering Cosmic Fantasy Stories for Mega CD. Though about ordering the PCE series while it's kinda cheap but then I hear CF2 was about one of the blandest games Working Designs localized, said the guy who stepped forward to make ROM hacks reverting all gameplay changes WD has ever done.

KingMike

Freek

Castlvania: Legacy of Darkness CIB in mint condition for N64, AUS rated version so now I can sell my CIB Euro/German version to pay for it.

Edited on by Freek

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

ogo79

yeah i got a few more imports to get out the way myself

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

ogo79 wrote:

yeah i got a few more imports to get out the way myself

aight, just ordered raging blades for ps2 pal region and factory sealed (as usual)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
hack me, slash me, beat me up!

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

just picked up my fourth copy of why can dad pee further 64.

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

That's a great game, but the Wii remake, complete with motion-shake controls is far superior.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

That's a great game, but the Wii remake, complete with motion-shake controls is far superior.

i heard its hd too.
thats great news cuz i prefer realism.
BUT MOTION SHAKE FTW

the_shpydar wrote:

DBailey

I almost dropped £20+ on the Gameboy Advance Player (Disc only) for Gamecube but had pre-buyers remorse. Are they super rare or something? Average eBay prices for the complete set is £60+. Not sure if I can justify that price.

DBailey

Nintendo Network ID: DBailey | Twitter:

ogo79

just backed the iron commando+legend snes multicart. i was hoping they would put both games on one cart, so this is awesome.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iron-commando-legend-for-s...
oh i forgot to mention i also backed battle princess madelyn to make sure i get all the armors and weapons

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic