Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 4,839

ogo79

@The_Pocket_Gamer
yeah its not hard to obtain.
check the prices on ebay.
a new copy is like 13 dollars lol.
better hurry before someone sees this and jacks up the price

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Freek

My wife just got back from being away for work and pick these up for me, brand new still sealed.

Untitled

Also! I finally got around to putting those box protectors on my N64 games.

Here's one of 3 cabinets, still have about 3 more cabinets worth N64 games to bring out.

Untitled

Edited on by Freek

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

ogo79

@The_Pocket_Gamer
yup.
thats how this works.
all it takes is a couple people to buy the same game then prices change.
people make a living watching that.
in fact, im the main one responsible for the price spiking of castlevania dracula x...
i payed 150 for the original and after that it became the base price...
its a catch 22.
if you have the money it hinders others that arent willing to pay that kind of price.
you can become the number 1 enemy of the internet without having intentions of doing so, just because you enjoy the fruits of yer labor, lol.
i always try to let people know of price spikes before they happen.
i exercised my observations with kickmaster for nes and no one listened.
now they cry.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

You heard of the guy that spiked the price of Rampart for the original Game Boy (not the GBC version, which is a different port)?
He bought like 20 copies over the course of half a year or something to see if he could impact the price of a game alone, and it caused the game to go from like $3 to $20, with ebay's "trending" price ending up around $25.
He asked Pat (I think) if relisting the games at the price he paid for them would make it go back down, and Pat estimated probably not.

(and this guy was just experimenting. The Titus SNES games are an example of what a few people can do when they are deliberately trying to inflate prices to move their nearly-valueless games. They were like $5 because they were mediocre games nobody had heard of.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
i sure did hear about his experiment.
i heard all about it lol.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

OneBagTravel wrote:

Just when I thought I was done collecting retro games.

i say that every year.
but this honestly should be my last year.
ive actually been condensing my collection to focus on the ones i really wanna get to

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Haruki_NLI

Sonic Advance, Sonic ADvance 2, Sonic Advance 3
Sonic & Knuckles

and a Super Game Boy.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Freek

Just bought Lego Racers for N64 cib in excellent condition.

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

Spennymoor

Pilotwings 64 - been playing the excellent pilot wings resort recently on 3DS so decided to add this to my first-party N64 PAL collection. Going for the full set.

Spennymoor

FX102A

Whilst I still a day too late to acquire a copy of Suikoden II from one retro game shop I frequent I was at least able to acquire a copy of Wild Arms 2, this resulting in my collection now having all 5 of the main titles.

Although I did trade in several NES and SNES games as part of the trade in.

FX102A

96OopAmgems

My latest "retro" purchase was persona 3 on psn

96OopAmgems

Fiyaball

Got Breath of Fire 4 and Vagrant Story for $45. They had Trouble Shooter for $55, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on a system I barely use.

Fiyaball

Tasuki

OneBagTravel wrote:

Gameboy Ducktales 1 & 2. Gotta clean them up a bit.

I managed to pick up the first one as well a few weeks ago.

Untitled

Still need the second one though.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

OneBagTravel

Tasuki wrote:

OneBagTravel wrote:

Gameboy Ducktales 1 & 2. Gotta clean them up a bit.

I managed to pick up the first one as well a few weeks ago.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/g68nBkY.jpg[img]

Still need the second one though.

Nice work! Played a bit yesterday and they're solid games.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic