Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,141 to 4,160 of 4,839

OorWullie

I'm looking forward to these Arcade Archives releases on Switch. There's just something about arcade games that still gives me a certain feeling. It's obviously just nostalgia but I can play a 25 year old arcade game and still get that feeling of ''Man I wish my Megadrive games were arcade perfect.'' or '' Wow look at the size of those sprites''. Yet at the same time can watch my pal play Battlefield One and roll my eyes unimpressed.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

ogo79

@OorWullie
yeah the arcade archives kinda slipped over my head for switch, im having a look at some of the other releases right now...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

i also got the great battle 2 for super famicom
Untitled
Untitled
and the great battle 3 for super famicom
Untitled
Untitled
2 more nice brawlers...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Been thinking about those two. I actually have the other three already (or four, forgot Gaiden 2).
1 complete, 4 (platformer) and 5 (cheaper Wild Guns) loose.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
yeah im gonna stick with these 2 because they are the only brawlers in the series.
this is really the first purchase ive made in a haul that didnt cost an arm and a leg.
felt like they were almost free in comparison.
im excited to have added these to my collection

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Did someone here recently buy Pat's NES Guide Book? (I think someone did.)
Pat just posted a video saying he hopes you didn't buy it from an ebay scalper who lied about the availability of new copies.

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Pat just posted a video saying he hopes you didn't buy it from an ebay scalper who lied about the availability of new copies.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

WiiWareWave

@ogo79 @Tasuki @KingMike A friend of mine is shipping me a mint copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story: Limited Edition for the PSOne, complete with the limited edition strategy guide and cloth map of the game's world!

It should arrive by Tuesday! ^_^

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Freek

Bought 25 new box protectors for my N64 games.
Still need about another 50 or so.
Man this collecting is expensive.
Oh well, at least I can now have 25 more games on display ready to go.

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

shonenjump86

I will definitely get that Disney Afternoon collection game on April 18, for PS4. Still strange that a Switch version isn't on the card.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7254-3677-0897 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

shonenjump86

@Tasuki my bad, got a little mixed up there.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7254-3677-0897 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

KingMike

I think it's ogo79 who would disapprove of my latest purchase.

Filling in some holes in the N64 3D platformer collection.
Chameleon Twist 1 and 2, Starshot and Robot: Rocket on Wheels.
Was Robot always a $20 game or did that spike after someone at AGDQ played it?

Actually don't know if I should've bought two copies of Chameleon Twist. Should I bother playing it in English before the supposedly superior Japanese version?

At least out of all of those, only CT2 pulls the needing a memory card to save crap.
(looks like there's more N64 third-party games than I thought that were kind enough to give on-cart saves.)
I suppose at worst, since I don't want to solder a battery in my official memory card, get my crappy third-party one and electrical tape the battery to keep it in the sucker?

(all loose though, since N64 price spikes. Looks like the CT2 manual is probably worth more than the game. )

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I think it's ogo79 who would disapprove of my latest purchase.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

alright!
so i just ordered a sealed copy of pirates plundarrr for wii.
its a hidden gem of a beat em up/brawler game just like castle crashers.
angy butt pirates?
chea! sign me up.
arrr!
Untitled
Untitled
the wii is retro now because ogo
arrr!
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

JoeDiddley

I recently bought Wario Land 2&3. Never played them even though I loved SML3 back in the day. A fantastic series that doesn't seem to get any attention anymore.

I'd love it if on Switch we got a follow up to Shake It, but with standard controls. Although I don't think a woolly version would work on that particular series if that's the type of game that team are now into making (with splendid results).

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic