Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 4,850

Tasuki

So that other retro purchase I made the other arrived today and here it is

Untitled

It's is complete with the manual even. Been wanting to get this game for a long time now and got it for a decent price. $25!!! Now to get the second one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

I went to the mall while I waited for my apartment to cool down (I turned my air conditioner off so I could use the microwave at lunch time, and then forgot to turn it back on until 5 in the morning, and I swear there's more window than wall in this building, especially since I'm in the corner facing the sun. At least my heating bill won't be too bad...oh wait, that's included with my rent...), so I picked up Strider for the NES. So...thanks, Shpydar/my crappy short-term memory. I'll try it out after supper...man, a 10-minute microwave time is not helping the heat...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

Just preordered an AVS from retroUSB.

Play your NES carts in amazing HD with the AVS!

Video: 720p wide screen HDMI output, 60Hz (NTSC) and 50Hz (PAL)
Audio: 48kHz HDMI output with expansion audio from carts
Display: Variable pixel scaling including integer options(1:1, 4:3, 5:3) with optional variable darkness scanlines
Carts: Front loading NES, top loading Famicom
Ports: Built in NES Four Score Pro, Famicom Expansion Port
Ports: HDMI Type A for video and audio, USB Mini B for power and data
Cheats: 5 cheat code slots with built in code database supporting Game Genie, Pro Action Replay, Pro Action Rocky, and raw formats
Online: NA Scoreboard online score system through USB
Updates: Upgrade FPGA configuration and menu system through USB

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

@WaveBoy7 What up brother? Yup, scanlines are in if you want em.
"That attention to detail extends to the HDMI video, with super sharp pixels. Zero lag scaling, optional scanlines with variable darkness, and multiple regions let you select the perfect picture. Set horizontal scaling anywhere from square pixels to super wide screen. A NES with composite compared to the AVS is a stunning difference in picture quality."

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

@WaveBoy7 Well, I hope everything is going ok with you! Yeah, I don't spend much time around here anymore but it is fun to check in every once in awhile. If I were to have to sell my video game stuff my SNES and games would be last followed by the NES and games. As for all the other stuff, whatever really! I have been doing well, my 2 boys are 3 and 1.5 so they keep me pretty busy when I am not working. The wife and I are looking to move to her hometown and buy her Grandpa's house on 40 acres. I am ready to get out of the city!

As for the look of the AVS, it was modeled after Nintendo’s “Advanced Video System.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEA2ePG8m-4)

That Hi-Def kit looks like a really good option as well. It’s great there are some really nice options (not like cheap RetroN style) available now. I just need something for the SNES now! The thing about the AVS is I have been following the project for a little while and I know the creator has an extreme amount of passion in making thisone of the best options available for this niche so I am really looking forward to this product!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

whats up @Ryno @WaveBoy7

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

@WaveBoy7 Well of course if it's a clone system, they can't put the Nintendo logo on it or they'd be sued.

KingMike

Tasuki

@WaveBoy7 @Ryno Yeah I got to see that system last year when at the Portland Retro Game Expo and it was indeed as awesome as you guys think. Definitely looking into getting that one.

And as always it's good to see you guys. I don't spend much time here neither, just something with this community doesn't click with me anymore. It just seems that NL has changed alot (community wise) the last few years and these newer members just annoying me more often then not. Now a days I spend most of my time over at Push Square.

My Backlog

Seacliff

Since I've last posted, I've gotten a Game Boy Advance SP, a reproduction cart of Terranigma, and Power Stone 2 on the Dreamcast.

My town's annual yard sale is coming up in a couple months, looking forward to that.

Seacliff

antipop621

I recently bought Goof Troop on SNES and a Reproduction cart of Marvelous: Another Treasure Island (really wonderful game).

I currently have 2 SNES consoles (the original and the Mini, which was a recent purchase) and both have recently caused save data on my cartridges to be erased after the games did not turn on properly. I know there are many reasons why a SNES cart would lose data, but I'm wondering if a newer clone console i.e. Supaboy or Retron5 may solve this problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

antipop621

Tasuki

@antipop621 It's probably not the console but the battery inside the cartridge itself. You can find videos on YouTube on how to replace them.

My Backlog

faint

Just picked up thunder blade and cyborg hunter for the master system and feel the magic on ds.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

FX102A

Bit the bullet at Play Expo Margate last month and bought a copy of Terranigma for the SNES.

Also picked up Micro Machines Military for the Mega Drive but selling it on to a friend as it wasn't my cup of tea. Loved the toys though.

FX102A

Fiyaball

FX102A wrote:

Bit the bullet at Play Expo Margate last month and bought a copy of Terranigma for the SNES.

I'm guessing it's a reproduction; I'm the only one around here crazy enough to buy an english pal copy ($140 well spent)

Edited on by Fiyaball

Fiyaball

ogo79

@WaveBoy7
pretty good i guess, trying to take over the world as usual.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

WaveBoy7 wrote:

I am NOT a big fan of living in a concrete jungle, especially when it's packed full of stuck up ding bats that are typically out for themselves.

sorry about that

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic