Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 381 to 400 of 3,049

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

381. Posted:

patricke123 wrote:

I bought kingdom hearts chain of memories if gba counts as retro

that game is awesome! (bought the ps2 edition when it came out too)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

382. Posted:

I just picked up a sealed copy copy of Final Fight One for the Game Boy Advance for $10.50! It is going to be like having some good old early 90's arcade on the go :D

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

thebluelight1

383. Posted:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV Turtles in Time for Super Famicom (you save around £5 for a bit of Japanese text :D)

Hey! Listen!

"You know how fads are. Today it's brains, tomorrow, pierced tongues. Then the next day, pierced brains."

Games!Games!!Games!!!

AuthorMessage

Stine

384. Posted:

patricke123 wrote:

I bought kingdom hearts chain of memories if gba counts as retro

Same here. I hope that game will answer some questions I have about the series. I think I'm gonna try beating Re:coded before I start playing it, though.

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

385. Posted:

Big score tonight. I got eight games for 10 dollars...included were Final Fight 3, Mario All Stars and Super Metroid. I never thought I'd ever own FF3 in cartridge form. A goofy game I never heard of called Ardy Lightfoot came with it. Anyone have an experience with this game?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Funky_Gamer

386. Posted:

Paper Mario TTYD!! Best game ever.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage

Ryno

387. Posted:

I finally did it! :D

Untitled

"Thus begins the test of island courage." :)

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

388. Posted:

@Ryno

Mondo props on the Nes! B-) Which happens to be sitting beside my favorite game of all time.
Anyways! Have fun with your Nes, along with the amazingness that is StarTropics. :D

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

389. Posted:

@Waveboy
Thanks for helping me see the light regarding the NES and your glowing recommendation made me purchase StarTropics as well. I cannot get off ebay now though haha... So many NES games at so little price :D

SMB2 is my favorite Mario game, glad to hear you hold it in such high regard!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Chris720

390. Posted:

Currently looking for a GBA SP/Micro or SNES. To buy the console and games for the SNES seem to be cheaper than getting Nintendo Points Cards so far, so I'm seeing if I can find a cheap-ish SNES or something. :D

Thank you eBay! lol

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Ryno

391. Posted:

@xDemon720x I recently purchased a GBA SP and loving it so far, playing the Metroid games. Make sure to get the backlit screen! I still have my orginal SNES and just bought a NES - I prefer playing games on the original console instead of VC. For SNES I think most games are cheaper on VC (800 points) then buying a SNES cart and paying for shipping off of ebay. I am addicted to Ebay now though! :p

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Chris720

392. Posted:

I had 2 SPs before, but I sold them and now I am really kicking myself in the face. :(

If you can get the shipping/delivery fairly cheaply then most of the SNES games are a steal. But it's all about shopping around. Besides, you don't get the classic feel from the VC version like how you do from the original, just holding a NES/SNES/N64 controller in your hands is somewhat heart-warming. :P

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

ogo79

393. Posted:

nobody likes me
:(
lol

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

394. Posted:

Just picked up Viewtiful Joe again, if that counts.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

ogo79

395. Posted:

ehhh...a new battery for my Earthbound game and a couple SNES shirts?

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

396. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Waveboy
Thanks for helping me see the light regarding the NES and your glowing recommendation made me purchase StarTropics as well. I cannot get off ebay now though haha... So many NES games at so little price :D

SMB2 is my favorite Mario game, glad to hear you hold it in such high regard!

No prob! B-) And I know, eBay is insanely addcting. And as for SMB2, personaly i felt that it was better than SMB3. As great as SMB3 was, i couldn't help but feel dissapointed with it at the time because it was such a departure from the amazing SMB2, not only that but i felt the graphics wern't quite as appealing and it lacked that imaginitive quirky charm that SMB2 had. Not to mention SMB2's controls were far more diverse and zippity which i loved. SMB3 used to remind me of those SMB3 happy meal McDonalds toys which I fondy remember getting when I was a kid, and that epic Nintendo movie The Wizard hehe. Sadly SMB3 didn't have quite the same impact that SMB2 and SMB had on me, not to mention SMWorld which was amazing. I've got some crazy strong memories with that one. Yet what i lovde right off the bat with SMB3, were the awesome innovative world maps and the radical power ups.

SMB2 > SMB > SMWorld > 3 > NSMBWii

Anyways, just bought this little tubular gem off eBay, even though i already have the Nes Cartridge.
Near Mint condition Super Mario Bros. 2 Complete. I couldn't resist! Besides who doesn't have a complete copy of their favorite game of all time? B-)
Untitled

....And a Blue Pikmin.lol

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

397. Posted:

just ordered an extra copy of Earthbound in mint condition for a good price, ill be getting a new battery for this one as well when it arrives

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

398. Posted:

So I just got my Sealed copy of T & C Surf Desgin for the Nes in the mail today. B-)
It's in perfect condition aside from a tiny bump in the bottom left corner, but eh what do I care.lol

Anyways, I feel like I completely lucked out and won a mini lottery scoring a copy of this sealed for only $55, not to mention it's rare to see a copy of this game sealed to begin with. Hell, they're selling sealed copies of Friday the 13th which was also made by LJN for over $200....So I feel like I got a killer deal on this one. I'm tempted to open it, but I doubt I will. I think I'd rather just get another complete copy in good condition that's of course already open. :p But you know, I'm kind of wondering. Isn't it easiy for anyone to get something proffesionaly sealed that has already been opened?

Anyways, I love the descriptin of the game on the back >

*O.K. dudes, the time has come to really
get radical. You and the rest of "DA BOYS",
T&C's famous group of skate and surf
crazies, can kick out and pull off some
awesome manouvers together.*

*Weather you're jammin' the ramps,
jumping the cracks, riding the rails or just
laying back tall, the skate action is hotter
than hot!*

ect ect... lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

399. Posted:

@WaveBoy - No reason to open it if you spent that much. You can get a loose cartridge for fairly cheap if you want to play the game. PLEASE don't open it!

I went out and bought Batman Returns, Maximum Carnage, World Heroes 2, and buy merchant suggestion, Swat Kats today. Then, my SNES won't turn on. Thing has turned on every time since 1991, and today it dies. I finally got a day to play games for a few hours and this happens. Hopefully I can fix it :- /

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

400. Posted:

@Waveboy: I agree with Stuffy there. If it was me I wouldnt open it.

Oh man tough break on the SNES StuffyStuff I hope its nothing and you can repair it. Those are some great games particularly Batman Returns. IMO thats the best game based off of a movie yet. YOu cant beat the Danny Elfman score.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311