Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 4,850

Brutapode89

@Pianomanfreak English or Japanese text?

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Seacliff

Final Fantasy 1 on Wonderswan Color...
of course the power button broke just hours before it came in the mail. Guess I'll stick with the NES version for now.

Seacliff

KingMike

I got a WSC years ago. I hadn't used it for awhile but it worked fine before that. Then I take it out and try to play it and it decides to not start or to power off after a short time.
Think I got a small but good collection (2 rare? mono games Klonoa and Ghosts 'n Goblins, Star Hearts, Mingle Magnet, and all the Square remakes)

KingMike

Seacliff

KingMike wrote:

I got a WSC years ago. I hadn't used it for awhile but it worked fine before that. Then I take it out and try to play it and it decides to not start or to power off after a short time.
Think I got a small but good collection (2 rare? mono games Klonoa and Ghosts 'n Goblins, Star Hearts, Mingle Magnet, and all the Square remakes)

I looked it up before and it appears the problem is most likely that the paint on the power button 'melted' onto the bottom and can be fixed with constructive paint. I opened the console and had a look and their didn't seem to be anything wrong with the buttons, but what do I know? Either way, I don't feel like it's worth the hassle at the moment to give it a try.

On the other hand, I do have the original WS as well and I agree it's a good (and surprisingly cheep) collector's item. If it wasn't for pokemon, I would say it's better than the Game Boy Color.

Seacliff

Buizel

I've been considering getting Shenmue on the Dreamcast for a while and finally just went for it. Set me back £40 but I thought I'd see what the fuss is about (plus as a backup I can always sell it for a decent price).

At least 2'8".

ogo79

Buizel wrote:

I've been considering getting Shenmue on the Dreamcast for a while and finally just went for it. Set me back £40 but I thought I'd see what the fuss is about (plus as a backup I can always sell it for a decent price).

not in my lifetime you will. im going to buy every copy of shenmue in the world. and add that game as a rare download and force people to buy it from me for a handsome price. the price isnt the only thing handsome. i am as well.
i am done here. happy christmas

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

So I got my package today and this will be my last retro purchase until I go to the Portland Retro Game Expo next week

Untitled

I actually got these games (along with Decap Attack which is not pictured) for 5 dollars for the four of them. All of them C.I.B. I was just browsing an online auction site saw that they had no bids on it and only had 30 minutes till it ended so I figured WTF. I mainly wanted World of Illusion since I never played it before and getting the other 3 wasn't that bad.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

@Tasuki: All 4 CIB for $5 was a great buy! What auction site did you find that deal on if i might ask?
(Don't tell me here since the mods will probably frown on that, you can PM me on BL.)

Anyways, here's a few recent grabs:
Untitled

LEGO Star Wars & LEGO Star Wars II (GBA) - The first game is pretty different from its console counterpart, and
not for the better. The sequel is a thankfully a much closer port of the console version of the game, and way more fun.

ET (2600) - Of course. A very good condition CIB copy; it happened to have a double of the elusive Raiders insert, which allowed me to CIB-up another of my boxed copies, so now all my boxed copies are either sealed or CIB. World domination looms ever closer! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: Yeah I have Sonic 2 already cartridge only but like you said that was a great buy. I sent you a PM on Backloggery so check over there. I don't mind sharing that info with you just don't let that Ogo guy in on our secret .

My Backlog

briwipdx

is "the other m" retro yet?

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

gcunit

Not sure if VC counts but I used some Club Nintendo stars to acquire Super Metroid, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. Apparently they're quite good...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tasuki

gcunit wrote:

Not sure if VC counts but I used some Club Nintendo stars to acquire Super Metroid, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. Apparently they're quite good...

Nope it doesnt, only the original cartridges and discs bud. There is a Latest VC Purchase thread though you can find by using the search.

My Backlog

RogueSpyke

I haven't bought anything retro in quite some time, but the last thing I did get was a trio of N64 games while I was at a convention. There was a booth for this shop that sells used games and they had Perfect Dark, Hybrid Heaven, and Fighter's Destiny for pretty good prices.

RogueSpyke

Seacliff

I was at a tagsale today and found a couple of nice venders selling video games. I was able to get Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt on NES, Street Fighter 2 on Genesis, and Myst 3 on PS2 for less than $20. Not bad at all.

Seacliff

octoman2611

Probably not as retro as most things mentioned here, but I got Wario World and Eternal Darkness on Gamecube yesterday at Play Expo in Manchester. Not expecting great things from Wario World to be honest but it's one of about 2 or 3 Mario games/ spinoffs I've not played. I gave it a quick go yesterday and it seemed fun, if not excellent.

Eternal Darkness is one of the Gamecube's supposedly truly great games that I've never got round to and it was only £9. Looking forward to get my teeth into that.

octoman2611

KingMike

I've ordered Puyo Puyo Sun and Puyo Puyon loose N64 carts from Japan (or Puyo Puyo 3 and 4 if you're not into cutesy homophone naming), the latter I hear is an uncommon game. (though I've heard reports of some people paying $500 CIB for it, they'd have to have been completely insane, as even on ebay I only see like ~$70 CIB listings, which means it's probably not worth more than that. Especially as that would have been several years ago when N64 stuff was all dirt cheap.)

KingMike

StarBoy91

Last night I got Marko on the Genesis, box and cart; originally the plan was for Mickey Mania to be my tenth Genesis cart, but indecisive last-minute decision-making led to me wanting to play a game I recall playing once over at my relatives when I was very very little. I still like it, as I'm playing it now, and Domark Group's game is basically the colorful and goofy version of Soccer Kid, only with a coherent narrative... and slightly more polished controls... and charm... and is genuinely fun (challenging difficulty and structure aside). Soccer Kid is solid, but its structure and scrolling speed (SNES version) for some time felt off to me.

To each their own

To each their own

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic