Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 4,850

KingMike

I had awhile ago bought a Famicom DT2 (because it was like $15, way back while the NES version was "only" a $30 game), so I ended up getting a Famicom DT1 for consistency. I eventually got the disc version of Remastered for PS3.
My only retro purchase was a Pac-Man 2 SNES manual (not very exciting, but I have a box and cart). A couple Japanese Wii games, but something going on with my Paypal, so the manual was more of a "check my account is working" purchase.

Now I should be ordering as a lot Super Pinball II for the Super Famicom and some crappy other game, American Battle Dome.
(Super Pinball might be the creepiest pinball game I've played, so I can imagine the SFC-exclusive sequel is more of that )

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

got stone protectors for snes.
i had this game a few years ago. dont know why i got rid of it in the first place. but i do know i have replaced it.
Untitled
this game has really good graphics too.

i didnt know adventures of batman and robin was at that price point...
do you guys know how hot @the_shpydar looks in 3d glasses?
rather hes wearing them or someone else is wearing them looking at him.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

@ogo79
Yeah, Adventures of Batman & Robin has drastically jumped in price. I have an app on my phone to keep track of my retro Ninty purchases that i d/L'd a couple years ago, which includes values of each game but sadly does not/cannot update, and it still has the price-point at $20-$25 ... now it's typically at like 3 to 4 times that, cart only.

Also, people have to beware if they wear 3D glasses in my presence. Otherwise, they are sure to experience a virtual eye-gouging from the majesty of the 11th finger.

also also, for the record, i absolutely hate the stupid looking new emojis.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Also, people have to beware if they wear 3D glasses in my presence. Otherwise, they are sure to experience a virtual eye-gouging from the majesty of the 11th finger.

i actually was going to find a way to integrate that 11th finger deal in my original post.
great minds think alike.
all bald people are smart.
everyone with hair is stupid

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Majuu-ou seems to have recently topped 1k. I was screaming no way when it was at the $200 mark.

Got the last "RPG" missing from my SFC set I think. A poor condition CIB of Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun for $23. The box looks crumpled and there's tears in the manual, but still I don't think it should've been passed up at that price. (when I was looking a couple years ago, most offers for good condition were in the $45-50 range. Don't know how much it's changed since.)

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike:
i have majyuuou myself, that game is morbidly awesome.
i got 2 of em in fact.
another reason why people here hate me lol

the_shpydar wrote:

StarBoy91

Last night I received 40 Winks on the PlayStation One, which I did play a brief demo of when I was a kid on one of those demo-filled CDs, but I never considered getting the full packaged copy until very recently. Thus far I like it, though the camera controls I'm not too keen on, and I also like its atmospheric areas and gameplay I also find it very amusing how there's a preview quote boasting that Mario should move over from a Nintendo magazine on the PSX cover, even though the Nintendo 64 version of the game never ... got .... released............ whoops. Still, rather amusing when you think about it, though I wonder what the Nintendo 64-bit version would've been like if it hadn't been canned. ... I know, too early to speculate, so I'm gonna play it some more.

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KingMike

StarBoy91 wrote:

though I wonder what the Nintendo 64-bit version would've been like if it hadn't been canned. ... I

There might be a way to find out.

KingMike

Romer

the_shpydar wrote:

Had to hit the retro shop this past Saturday ...
Adventures of Batman and Robin - This is the reason i had to go to the shop this past Saturday. I've been wanting this game for a while, and when i saw that Mike had posted a picture of it on FB amongst a bunch of games that had come in the store last week (including a CIB Bucky O'Hare!), "i knew i had to have it" (TM @TheGameChasers). A little pricey, but a good price for what this game usually goes for.

I always loved that game, It gives you a better feeling of "being Batman" than some other games that came before and after this one.

Romer

Romer

My latest retro purchase is a bootleg TMNT III. Exactly like the one I had as a kid. It replaced all "K" for "Z" and "M" for "W". So it says it was made by "ZONAWI", the nunchuck turtle is "WIZE". It was cheap, very nostalgic, worth it!.

Romer

the_shpydar

Romer wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Had to hit the retro shop this past Saturday ...
Adventures of Batman and Robin - This is the reason i had to go to the shop this past Saturday. I've been wanting this game for a while, and when i saw that Mike had posted a picture of it on FB amongst a bunch of games that had come in the store last week (including a CIB Bucky O'Hare!), "i knew i had to have it" (TM @TheGameChasers). A little pricey, but a good price for what this game usually goes for.

I always loved that game, It gives you a better feeling of "being Batman" than some other games that came before and after this one.

I completely agree. Between the somewhat-varied gameplay between each level, the various gadgets that you can select, and just the overall charm of the game that makes it feel like you're playing the animated series, it might be my favorite Batman game right now (though there are quite a few contenders for that slot).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

StarBoy91

You know, I just realized that so far in 2015 I bought three games for the PlayStation One, when I used to get them once a year years ago. First that one Ukiyotei-developed vintage 2D platformer with the admittedly embarrassing title given it that gameplay-wise it's not that bad (I'm not saying its name, you probably get the idea of what I'm referring to anyway), at least in my opinion anyway (it's no Skyblazer, but at least the walking pace is steady and acceptable unlike a certain movie licensed game Ukiyotei made years prior, for which its running function/animation took two to three seconds to become apparent to the point that gamers generally aren't aware you can do that, ergo bad design); then after many months I finally got my NTSC copy of Spyro the Dragon (great call, I might add); and recently 40 Winks which I'm currently playing. Maybe it's a good thing (as my NTSC PSX collection is rather small anyway; plus I mainly focus on collecting 16-bit games, so that's another factor). Before the year ends, I hope I can get at least two or three more PSX titles in my collection.

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

ogo79

tearing apart the limits of sexiness i have pushed the boundaries even further and got this handsome castlevania symphony of the night shirt: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/123944-where-do-i-go-now
its like overclocking the blast processing on a genesis but instead of a genesis its a sexy meter

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

another castlevania shirt: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/6374-the-belmont-clan
also got im kid dracula for nes and i got a another sealed ps1 memory card. its that island blue or whatever color its called lol.
i got this other sealed ps1 card because the other new one saves, but sometimes you have to take it out and put it back in in order for it to pick up the save data, and its an offical/new card. so heres hoping this other official/new card isnt defective. i dont wanna take any chances. every now and then the current one im using says "memory card defective". cant have that.

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

My latest purchase is something strange! Distortion! What's this? THE COLOSSEUM
And bought from a separate seller, the Jirachi disc to make it fully complete.

KingMike

RadioShadow

3 Sega Dreamcast Controllers + 3 VMU for £20. They do need a clean, but I can't complain about the bargain. Also bought "Pod 2" for Sega Dreamcast, £5. Decent racing game.

Also found "Tube Slider" for the GameCube. Only released in the US, and bought it for £12. Really happy I found it. It's a decent F-ZERO GX clone.

Also bought "Sabrina The Teenage Witch - A Twitch in Time!" for the PlayStation because I'm an idiot.

Edited on by RadioShadow

RadioShadow

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

RadioShadow wrote:

Also brought "Pod 2" for Sega Dreamcast, £5.
Only released in the US, and brought it for £12.
Also brought "Sabrina The Teenage Witch - A Twitch in Time!" for the PlayStation because I'm an idiot.

Were did you bring those to?

Gridatttack

The Super Mario Allstar version that includes Super mario world.

Even though I don't like the SMB3 and SMB1/TLL remakes, SMB2 and SMW make up for it.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic