Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 361 to 380 of 4,850

Tasuki

@Waveboy: Yea the SNES game was better than the Genesis version but the weird thing is with TMNT Tournament each version is different with its own storyline and characters. Really I plan to get each version the NES and the Genesis versions are next on my list. You can probably look up TMNT Tournament Fighters on Wikipedia and see how each one is different.

I never had the Technodrome or the Turtle Wagon my friends did though. The only vehicles I had was the sewer dragsters and a giant bee lol. I do remember the slime too but my parents wouldnt let me get it cause they didnt want my brother and I to get it all over the house which looking back I am sure we would have lol.

As for Chuck E Cheese I never really liked that place even when I was a kid, but than again where I grew up I had 3 mini golf parks in my area with awesome arcades and I didnt have to put up with bad pizza .

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

patricke123

I bought kingdom hearts chain of memories if gba counts as retro

patricke123

Ryno

I just picked up a sealed copy copy of Final Fight One for the Game Boy Advance for $10.50! It is going to be like having some good old early 90's arcade on the go

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

thebluelight1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV Turtles in Time for Super Famicom (you save around £5 for a bit of Japanese text )

Hey! Listen!

"You know how fads are. Today it's brains, tomorrow, pierced tongues. Then the next day, pierced brains."

Games!Games!!Games!!!

Stine

patricke123 wrote:

I bought kingdom hearts chain of memories if gba counts as retro

Same here. I hope that game will answer some questions I have about the series. I think I'm gonna try beating Re:coded before I start playing it, though.

StuffyStuff

Big score tonight. I got eight games for 10 dollars...included were Final Fight 3, Mario All Stars and Super Metroid. I never thought I'd ever own FF3 in cartridge form. A goofy game I never heard of called Ardy Lightfoot came with it. Anyone have an experience with this game?

StuffyStuff

Funky_Gamer

Paper Mario TTYD!! Best game ever.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Ryno

I finally did it!

Untitled

"Thus begins the test of island courage."

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

@Waveboy
Thanks for helping me see the light regarding the NES and your glowing recommendation made me purchase StarTropics as well. I cannot get off ebay now though haha... So many NES games at so little price

SMB2 is my favorite Mario game, glad to hear you hold it in such high regard!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Chris720

Currently looking for a GBA SP/Micro or SNES. To buy the console and games for the SNES seem to be cheaper than getting Nintendo Points Cards so far, so I'm seeing if I can find a cheap-ish SNES or something.

Thank you eBay! lol

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Ryno

@xDemon720x I recently purchased a GBA SP and loving it so far, playing the Metroid games. Make sure to get the backlit screen! I still have my orginal SNES and just bought a NES - I prefer playing games on the original console instead of VC. For SNES I think most games are cheaper on VC (800 points) then buying a SNES cart and paying for shipping off of ebay. I am addicted to Ebay now though!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Chris720

I had 2 SPs before, but I sold them and now I am really kicking myself in the face.

If you can get the shipping/delivery fairly cheaply then most of the SNES games are a steal. But it's all about shopping around. Besides, you don't get the classic feel from the VC version like how you do from the original, just holding a NES/SNES/N64 controller in your hands is somewhat heart-warming.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

ogo79

nobody likes me

lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

TheBaconator

Just picked up Viewtiful Joe again, if that counts.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

ogo79

ehhh...a new battery for my Earthbound game and a couple SNES shirts?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

just ordered an extra copy of Earthbound in mint condition for a good price, ill be getting a new battery for this one as well when it arrives

the_shpydar wrote:

StuffyStuff

@WaveBoy - No reason to open it if you spent that much. You can get a loose cartridge for fairly cheap if you want to play the game. PLEASE don't open it!

I went out and bought Batman Returns, Maximum Carnage, World Heroes 2, and buy merchant suggestion, Swat Kats today. Then, my SNES won't turn on. Thing has turned on every time since 1991, and today it dies. I finally got a day to play games for a few hours and this happens. Hopefully I can fix it :- /

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

@Waveboy: I agree with Stuffy there. If it was me I wouldnt open it.

Oh man tough break on the SNES StuffyStuff I hope its nothing and you can repair it. Those are some great games particularly Batman Returns. IMO thats the best game based off of a movie yet. YOu cant beat the Danny Elfman score.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

StuffyStuff wrote:

@WaveBoy - No reason to open it if you spent that much. You can get a loose cartridge for fairly cheap if you want to play the game. PLEASE don't open it!

yeah really fairly cheap...like for 1 dollar...but its cool you got it sealed...
http://cgi.ebay.com/T-C-Surf-Designs-Nintendo-1988-Game-Cartr...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic