Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 4,850

ogo79

SuperWiiU wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

So i've been a bit lazy and haven't posted the latest ShpydarhaulTM yet, but here we are. The retro shop had its grand opening in the new storefront location a couple weeks ago, and the place was PACKED. Very cool. In case anyone wants to check them out, hit them up at Video Game Trading Post (it's their FB page, plenty of cool pics).

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - As some of you know, i actually love this game, so decided to grab the cart. I would love to also eventually get a repro-cart of the Simon's Redaction version (i've played it on emu, and it is very well done), but i don't know if anywhere is making them (yet).

wow Untitled
can you imagine walking in there drunk needing to use the can and seeing that.

Yes, I imagine lot's of pee on the floor. Who needs the can when they can piss into the abyss.

agreed.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Ordered Suikoden V.
I see that one is quickly getting expensive but is it good? Reviews suggesting yes.
(it looks like its quickly approaching the infamously-expensive II but then maybe it will drop if Konami releases it on PSN. It took them ages between I and II but only months between II and III.)

KingMike

the_shpydar

ShpydarhaulTM time again!

Untitled

Crystalis (NES) - Been wanting to get this for a while now, so finally pulled the trigger. Between this getting this game, Brain Lord, both Startropics games on VC and another item that should be arriving in the next week or two, i am overloaded with Zelda-style games to play. Huzzah!

Ice Hockey (NES) - Recapturing another NES game i had back in the day. I remember being quite good at it back then, but after not having played it in probably 20+ years, i have since become rubbish. Also, the NES Max is perfect with this game - not for the turbo, but for the smoothness of the Max's circle pad thingy.

Duck Tales 2 (GB) - Never played this version of the game (and actually i barely remember playing the NES DT2). Thought it was worth a grab. Because, obviously, pogo-bouncing ducks are awesome.

WCW Mayhem (N64) - This game is so bad it hurts. It's like when EA took over the license for WCW games, they thought "Hmm, THQ made some of the best wrestling games of all time. Let's undo all of that and see just how bad a game we can make!" I actually owned this when it came out, and traded it in years ago. Picked it up just to see if it was really as bad as i remember, plus i got it for next to nothing.

And finally, the obligatory grab ...

Untitled
ET (2600) + little ET figurine - I basically get ETs for free now at the shop. I was maybe 2 feet in the door when Mike yelled over to one of the employees for the ET stuff they put aside.

I actually spent probably half my time at the shop giving Mike a little education on rare expensive Atari games, specifically Atlantis II and Subterranea (ironically, both of which i need for my Imagic 2600 collection). Showed him which style Atlantis carts that A2 appears on and how to tell the difference between the games, and tipped him off on how much he can get for a copy of Subterranea — he has a copy, but had no idea that it regularly goes for at least $100 (and usually much more) on eBay, even for mediocre-condition cart-only copies.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the punisher for genesis and ninja warriors for snes
Untitled...or is it?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

Crystalis is pretty neat, though I should note that the developers seemed to have overdid the "overscan" feature or whatever, since even on old TVs on original hardware, you'll see a good chunk of the graphics on the wrong side of the screen.

Also, get ready to be switching swords via the pause menu mid-battle a lot...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: Wow I didn't know that there was GB version of Ducktales 2, I remember renting and playing the NES one years ago from a grocery store when I was a lad. Nice haul as usual man.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

I pointed out to my friend that Little Mermaid and even TaleSpin were ported from the NES to the Game Boy, but not either of the Rescue Rangers (which sounds like it was only behind DuckTales in most popular Capcom/Disney NES game). His response "Disney just doesn't want RR to be popular" (as he had suddenly had a huge resurgence? in RR fandom)

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Picked up a complete copy of Sparkster for the Genesis the other day. Probably spent waaay too much, but at least they had it in the store...

Also grabbed Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the PS2, and Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, also for the PS2. Played those both before (XBLA for MVC2 and a rental for AC5), but I look forward to getting another crack at them soon.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mystman12

Recently, I got an N64 with Super Mario 64, (of course!) Mario Kart 64, The New Tetris, and some fishing game. However, I don't really like Mario Kart 64, so I sold it on eBay and got most of the money I spent back, so it didn't end up costing very much! I also found a bin filled with 5.25 floppy disks, some of which had versions of Windows 3.0 and DOS, in a second hand shop, so I picked those up. I'm hoping I can find an old DOS PC I can use them with sometime. Also found Pokemon Snap at another thrift store. Finally, my brother brought back an amazing souvenir from Japan: A Donkey Kong II Game & Watch!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It's in amazing shape, and I'm hoping to get the dim upper screen fixed soon! (But even if I can't, it will still look amazing on display! )

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

ogo79

ordered a factory sealed slim ps2. the reason is because i dont want the slim model i have to go out on me.
that was an investment.

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

@ogo79: Oh definitely. I remember hearing sealed PS2s suddenly became worth more than ever the moment Sony announced they weren't making any more.

KingMike

TylerTheCreator

I have an old PlayStation I haven't played in a while because I don't have any games for it anymore. I think they got stolen. Anyway, I went to a local used games store and I was just browsing. But, then I saw Tekken 3, and I was instantly reminded of all the fun I had with the Tekken games when I was little. I had to have it; and for $5.99, it was a steal to me. I also bought a second controller so people can play with me. I am very happy I bought this.

Untitled

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

ogo79

@KingMike:
you can get them on ebay for 200$ which includes shipping.
i can open my new sotn copy, plug in one of my new emerald green controllers and connect a new ps2 memory card into my new slim ps2

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

I still have a sealed PS2 blue controller and I think one sealed 2-pack memory cards (the red and blue combo) and maybe another sealed single (standard black) card. I stocked up before they disappeared from retail.
(actually I was using my emerald controller for awhile as a PC controller with some Radio Shack adapter. At first I thought I burned out the controller, which is why I bought the extra. But then I realized it was just the adapter.)

KingMike

Tasuki

Another small purchase this time for the Dreamcast

Untitled

I never played this game but I did play the fourth one on Xbox 360 and enjoyed it. I have heard good things about this game and I figure for 5 bucks why not.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Nice. Virtua Tennis is an awesome game, one of the best ever tennis games IMO. I haven't played any of the later VT games, but the first one is truly excellent and fun.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: From what my friend said who has at least played VT4 on the 360 and VT on the Dreamcast is that their isn't much difference. Of course the roster and then a few mini games but other then that they are very similar.

My Backlog

Woffless

I got an N64 gray controller, Crazi taxi and Air wolf for NES for less than 25£ (I got them separately)

Woffless

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: Man I have to agree with you, my son and I sat down to "try" the game out, which lasted for 3 hours. Didn't even realize how long we were playing.

My Backlog

gcunit

Bought Earthbound, just a silly memorial gesture for that nice chap with the bananas who has gone off somewhere ;-;

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic