Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 4,850

KingMike

Wasn't me, I've had SoulBlazer since the '90s.
I remember a few years after getting the cart, finding a manual at GameStop without the cover in a huge pile of SNES manuals. If I had known they were likely to be tossed soon after, I'd have tried to grab more.

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Managed to grab a (Disc-only) copy of Panzer Dragoon for the Sega Saturn at a retro store today. It was on sale, too. Been wanting to get into this one for a long while, so I'm happy.

Also got Ty the Tasmania Tiger for the Gamecube and Pac World 2 for the PS2. That'll be it for my retro purchases until mid-June...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

That'll be it for my retro purchases until mid-June...

Erm....

Shatterhand (NES)
Super Ninja Boy (SNES)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
Operation C (GB)

Also gonna see if I can pick up Metal Gear Solid (GBC) if I can get myself up early enough in the morning. After that, I'm more or less done for a good long time...hopefully. @_@

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

nacho_chicken

WaveBoy wrote:

Greetings Battletoads & brats! Looks like little Wavey has accidently dipped past 16-bit la la land, ventured off into the DEEP, dark and unknown amidst the crustations of VideoLand itself and picked up a few of my favorite PS1 games of all time!....All of which are smothered with that lovely colorful green greatest hits label. Now, normally I can't stand Greatest hits(ect) labels, but this is an exception to the rule since I personally feel that the green actually looks better than the standard dull black Playstation label.

However, Gamecube got it the worst with those fugly 'players choice' labels.
Those irritations are most definitely NOT aloud in my my mushroom kingdom!

The PS1 Greatest Hits labels look like a vomit-colored Christmas Tree. The Gamecube Players Choice ones are my favorite. Fight me

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

ok this is a wii title but it automatically becomes classic and retro when i get it because thats just the way this is gonna work out... its an old enough game by now to get my interest. i got a sealed copy of muramasa and this guide:
Untitled
ill open this game one day.

Vannilawares games look stunning and stylish no doubt, but beneath the detailed flashy surface typically lies repetitiveness. I've been meaning to give this one a chance, but the gameplay just doesn't seem like it would tickle my fancy Nancy!

Yeah, the game is repetitive but its still pretty fun. But then again @ogo79 and I like brawlers repetitive gameplay. The game is gorgeous and quirky, my prancy Nancy likes it!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Greetings Battletoads & brats! Looks like little Wavey has accidently dipped past 16-bit la la land, ventured off into the DEEP, dark and unknown amidst the crustations of VideoLand itself and picked up a few of my favorite PS1 games of all time!....All of which are smothered with that lovely colorful green greatest hits label. Now, normally I can't stand Greatest hits(ect) labels, but this is an exception to the rule since I personally feel that the green actually looks better than the standard dull black Playstation label.
And who could forget the original classic Playstation controller? ....I'm probably in the minority, but I actually prefer the original's more rerto-y incarnation by a teenage mutant Ninja turbo landslide over that pesky overrated clunky dual shock controller which unfortunately took 3 generations to 'somewhat' evolve. But back to the original. I absolutely love the smaller & thinner build of this controller, not to mention it looks cooler as well!

I have been on a Playstation binge myself, though a lot of the games are digital with all their sales they have been having recently. (I have bought a used Vita!) I did get this one recently though.
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

I found Muramasa on the Wii a little "off" control-wise. It was hard to get into. I liked it much more on the Vita.

But I have to ask: how can you enjoy Final Fight, yet dislike Streets of Rage 2?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Not sure if this counts but since they original came out in 1992 I say it does .

Untitled

I took my son today to Barnes and Nobles to look at some Dungeon and Dragon books and right next to the RPG section is the Manga section where I saw that. (Why it was in the Manga section I have no clue I think some clueless stocker put it there cause its done by Viz).

Now I remember reading that comic series in Nintendo Power back when I was a kid sadly though all those issues of NP have become victims of time and usage. I instantly was takin back to that time when I cracked open the book at the bookstore, so yeah I had to get it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

@Tasuki - It was in the manga section because it was a manga. It was published in Japan and made by a Japanese Manga author. Nintendo Power did fund and publish the english version, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Tasuki - It was in the manga section because it was a manga. It was published in Japan and made by a Japanese Manga author. Nintendo Power did fund and publish the english version, though.

Ah OK I thought it was originally done for NP didn't know it was original a Manga. Still a great read.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Actually, looking into it, it's tough to tell when the Japanese version came out. The Wikipedia entry sucks, as usual, but I'm not finding much info that doesn't source that same Wikipedia entry...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

The Super Entertainment System was the best Entertainment System!
(noticed that when I got my book)

KingMike

StarBoy91

So yesterday evening I got a new SNES game for my collection: Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof. Not SFC (as officially speaking its Japan-exclusive), SNES; this marks as my first repro cart that I ever ordered online. On one hand, it feels weird to own a repro cart in my collection (as the bulk of the cartridges I own were ones that were actually released Stateside, PAL-side, or in Japan at the time); on the other hand, the game is awesome! It's like what would happen if The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was a humorously lighthearted Western? I've played so much of it that I'm loving it. What a great way of starting the weekend!

To each their own

To each their own

ogo79

StarBoy91 wrote:

So yesterday evening I got a new SNES game for my collection: Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof. Not SFC (as officially speaking its Japan-exclusive), SNES; this marks as my first repro cart that I ever ordered online. On one hand, it feels weird to own a repro cart in my collection (as the bulk of the cartridges I own were ones that were actually released Stateside, PAL-side, or in Japan at the time); on the other hand, the game is awesome! It's like what would happen if The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was a humorously lighthearted Western? I've played so much of it that I'm loving it. What a great way of starting the weekend!

To each their own

take yer time playing that game. theres a few secrets and such...you should read a faq to be honest. after beating the game i realized i missed a punch move. its a great game indeed.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@Ryno have you played yer silhouette mirage game yet?
you working designs guy you

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

I got a used copy of Starfox (snes). It works perfectly,

It's... Interesting. Kinda hard to tell enemies from friends.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

Morpheel wrote:

I got a used copy of Starfox (snes). It works perfectly,

It's... Interesting. Kinda hard to tell enemies from friends.

Yeah, it's tough alright. Also, is there an option to have a rectical? Because that would be extremely helpful...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

@CanisWolfred rectical? Do you mean a targeting sight? Only in certain stages (like space) that let you have the cockpit camera.

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Reticle? Is that how you spell it? And yes, that is what a targeting sight is. Disappointed that it's only for certain stages, though. It's really hard to aim without one, considering your shots don't just go straight...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic