Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 4,850

Tasuki

Picked up one of my favorite games of all time today GTA: Vice City on PS2.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

wings of wor for genesis. i used to rent this one back in the day. so i decided to get this to go along with my latest wii vc download purchase (cuz im organized like dat) which was cho aniki. same designer for cho aniki did wings of wor.

wings of wor:
UntitledUntitledUntitled
cho aniki:
UntitledUntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

I just bought Tetris 2 for the SNES brand new, it was the equivalent of about 15 U.S. Dollars.

I'm... Actually kinda surprised I just casually found it in a modern game store. They had space invaders too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

Morpheel wrote:

I just bought Tetris 2 for the SNES brand new, it was the equivalent of about 15 U.S. Dollars.

I'm... Actually kinda surprised I just casually found it in a modern game store. They had space invaders too.

if by new you mean sealed thats pretty cool

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

Yeah, it's in shrink wrap and all. The girl working there told me they found those two games in their old warehouse.

It's lucky, since I randomly found my brothers old SNES the other month and have been trying to find a game to test it with.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ZeMegaMan

Just downloaded Street Fighter 2 and River City Ransom.

"KEEP ON FIGHTING MEGA MAN FOR PEACE BETWEEN HUMANS AND ROBOTS!"

Twitter:

Fiyaball

Went to my local game store and got Final Fantasy 5 Advance (usually $16, but was tech. free, as I got a fake copy for Christmas), Contra for $30 (been looking for it), and Castlevania 3 for free (buy 2, get 1 free). I also got an NES Game Genie for my brother's birthday; now he can ruin anything he pleases

Fiyaball

Tasuki

ZeMegaMan wrote:

Just downloaded Street Fighter 2 and River City Ransom.

That's not a retro purchase, that's a VC purchase. I will ask you once to leave this thread.

My Backlog

StarBoy91

Last night I received the Game Boy Advance port of the Super Famicom hit Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3, imported from Japan (my second after Kuru Kuru Kururin months back). Yes, you read that right; I want to try to review Capcom's third and final Nintendo 16-bit Mickey Mouse platformer for my blog this summer, and recently I thought that perhaps it would be fair to also cover the portable edition for comparison's sake (and because it was Western gamers' first exposure to the game). Didn't cost anywhere near as much as the original Super Famicart or the Western GBA edition surprisingly.

I still hate that any time an SFC/SNES game is transitioned to the Game Boy Advance it's done at the expense of great music (sounding terrible or meh in the GBA), cropped in aspect ratio (GBA screen being rectangular as opposed to square like the SFC/SNES), and depending on the title there being moments of slowdown that were not present in the original incarnation. That said, it's not a bad port and it still plays good (though the switch and change actions feel a bit awkward here); but I still have fondness for the Super Famicom original.

Now, since I broke my own rule almost seven years ago of buying a watered down GBA port of an SFC/SNES game this month (as SFC/SNES is superior no matter what, especially RPGs) with Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3, does that mean I'm gonna try the Game Boy Advance versions of The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse (with Minnie on board) and The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie someday? Not likely, this is enough for me.

To each their own

To each their own

KeeperBvK

StarBoy91 wrote:

the Super Famicom hit Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3

Is or was it really a hit? I don't think the third one sold that well and I personally don't think any of the three is really that good of a game. The Sega Disney games were way better during the 16-bit days.

KeeperBvK

StarBoy91

Well, I say "hit" (I may as well have said "classic", but that would've been debatable, even for those for those who like the first game more than this one), but I presume it must've done well enough for the target audience in Japan, and some reviews I read for it were positive (despite its easy difficulty). And, while I personally feel that all three of Capcom's Mickey Mouse games are good fun, you're not wrong: Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse is better than all three (despite its simplicity), and the MegaDrive/Genesis did vastly outnumber the SFC/SNES as far as Disney games go (the latter having only, what, seventeen(?) total compared to the two-dozen-plus Disney titles the former had?).

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KingMike

KeeperBvK wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

the Super Famicom hit Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3

Is or was it really a hit? I don't think the third one sold that well and I personally don't think any of the three is really that good of a game. The Sega Disney games were way better during the 16-bit days.

I'd wonder just how widely distributed the third Mickey game was in Japan, considering it was at the tail end of Capcom's 16-bit support. (although it seems Marvel: War of the Gems was released in 1996, it was in 1995 that Capcom announced greater interest in moving on to the 32-bit generation. Yet SFA2 got a western release after Nintendo published it.)
Probably all somewhere in the "uncommon but not rare" territory.

KingMike

WackoDaSniper

Picked up some gamecue games from goodwill for $5 a piece CIB

Donkey Konga Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga
Harry Potter PoA
Harry Potter CoS
Super Bubble Pop

And from amazon CIB for around $5 a piece...

Spider man 2
NFS Underground
NFS Underground 2
SSX 3
Batman Begins

All great games from my childhood

Edited on by WackoDaSniper

WackoDaSniper

KingMike

Oh man... hope I'm not hitting a slope with this one...
A handful of gen 1-vintage Pokemon "Power Bouncer" toys. I had a couple back in the day, niece took them.
Good thing I'm not paying too much inflation to rebuy. (average of about $10 each. I think they were originally like $6.) Probably to decorate a bit. Not that I'm huge on packaging but it should be easier to display with it intact.
May regret getting them used, but a small lot of Burger King (apparently) toys.

KingMike

Tasuki

Just a small purchase for me today

Untitled

Was in the mood for an arcade style baseball game so for that price I decided to pick it up. I never realized that 2K did this game until today.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

I finally buckled down and bought a Retron 5 Console on eBay. It cost almost as much as the Super Nintendo Bundles I was looking at, so I figured "why not?". Though it just occured to me to check to see if the Retron 5 supports Composite cables...and it doesn't. Hopefully I can fit it on my Bureau.

Also binged on a couple games for it:

Secret of Evermore (SNES)
Kid Dracula (Famicom)
Mother 3 (GBA)
Live-A-Live (SFC)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (SFC)
Treasure Hunter G (SFC)

Also got to get a Super Nintendo Controller tomorrow after work, since the Mall isn't too far from my work place (a 10 minute bus ride, basically). Might see if I can find something there to pick up along with it, but it depends on the price...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic