Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 341 to 360 of 3,032

AuthorMessage

ogo79

341. Posted:

an "Earthbound 1" shirt as i call the game

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

noblo601

342. Posted:

I bought Super Mario Land and Adventure Island for the gameboy this week, and also Battletoads for Sega Mega Drive. Man I loved that game as a kid...

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

Splat

343. Posted:

Super Mario World (Snes) via VC is my latest retro purchase.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

344. Posted:

Adventure Island on the Nes VC.

Untitled

And StarTropics seems to be the only other 'Nes' VC title that I wan't, I've already downloaded the ones I wanted to play....Hurry up Adventure Island 2! :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

345. Posted:

Just got Heroes of Might and Magic III complete from Gog.com for only $9.99. I use to play this all the time back in the day a fun Turn base strategy game. WHen I upgraded to WIndows 7 my old discs wouldnt work anymore and I was wanting to play this game again. Thank you Gog lol.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

346. Posted:

Just bought T & C Surf design for the NES 'sealed' :D
The Nostalgia, the killer beach tunes, the sound of the 8-bit waves, the ridiculous uncontrollable surfing, the fun yet challenging skateboarding and awesome box art are the reasons why I picked up this little stinker.lol This game was a big part of my Nes child hood and i remember playing it at my friends house during the hot summer. The devilish difficulty and wonked out surf controls made this one frustrating to no end, but it had this charm about it that I just loved. B-)

And that kid with the narly Sky Blue Voodoo mask wiping out on the skateboard(as seen on the Cover)was pretty rad, everybody ALWAYS wanted to pick him as their character.
Untitled

And finally...Friday the 13th for the Nes 'Complete'
The game's horrible, no doubt....The 2 giant flaws would easily have to be the stupid confusing map that makes no logical sense and the constant looping of the camp's main theme. But I must admit, the Cabin music is so freakin' classic.....It sounds almost like it could fit in a LOZ Nes title. One of the most memorable, haunting and spooky Nes tracks no doubt! That aside, I'm a fan of the FT13th films, well.....1-4 anyways and maybe the underrated and hilarious Part 5: A New Beginning and the halloween-fun Part 6: Jason Lives. The rest imo were awful, although 7: A New Blood was semi-decent.

And aghh, I just LOVE that 80's coloful FT13th Nes Box art, it screams The 80's! :D

Untitled

....And Bebop lol

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

brooks83

347. Posted:

@Waveboy - cool find on the sealed T&C. You gonna open it or keep it sealed?

brooks83

AuthorMessage

noblo601

348. Posted:

The original Donkey Kong Gameboy game... It is so good... I loved it so much I have had to look at buying the GBA and DS sequels...

@waveboy - I know people keep stuff sealed now, but back then there must not be much stuff still unsealed... RAD!

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

349. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Oh I'm gonna open it, once it gets here. I guess I just wan't that Nostalgiac feeling of actually opening a brand new Nes game for the first time. :p Then again....I'm having second thoughts. Finding a sealed copy of T & C Surf design isn't exactly common....On eBay you can find many that are complete for cheap, but Sealed? Naddah...

But knowing me, i don't like keeping anything sealed unless i have another copy of it.

Anyways T & C Surf came to a total of $57, not bad i guess! :)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

350. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Oh I'm gonna open it, once it gets here. I guess I just wan't that Nostalgiac feeling of actually opening a brand new Nes game for the first time. :p Then again....I'm having second thoughts. Finding a sealed copy of T & C Surf design isn't exactly common....On eBay you can find many that are complete for cheap, but Sealed? Naddah...

But knowing me, i don't like keeping anything sealed unless i have another copy of it.

Anyways T & C Surf came to a total of $57, not bad i guess! :)

Nice find there Waveboy. My only question is who the heck doesnt open up a NES game??? Must not have been a kid.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

KingMike

351. Posted:

Somebody probably bought out a store's unwanted stock back in the '80s and kept it for resale value.

I know on another forum I've seen someone selling off a bunch of sealed Master System games, and some had Children's Palace price stickers on them. Pretty sure that was a toy store chain (too young to remember well), but wow, is that a name that hasn't been spoken of in over 20 years. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

352. Posted:

just got Alien Soldier for the VC!

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

353. Posted:

@Waveboy: Lol I had that Bebop figure when I was a kid I also had the one that you can change from a human to the warthog lol.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Ristar42

354. Posted:

Castlevania the New Generation for the Megadrive, thats a censored PAL version of Bloodlines to American readers. I'd never played this game before, its great.

Ristar42

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

355. Posted:

Ristar42 wrote:

Castlevania the New Generation for the Megadrive, thats a censored PAL version of Bloodlines to American readers. I'd never played this game before, its great.

I guess I'll eventually have to cave in and get a Genesis to play Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps, if I don't want to wait till 2021 for Konami to release it on the VC for the successor to Nintendo Stream. Where I'll plug in the Genesis (TV AND power cord), that's another question...

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

356. Posted:

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

Ristar42 wrote:

I guess I'll eventually have to cave in and get a Genesis to play Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps, if I don't want to wait till 2021 for Konami to release it on the VC for the successor to Nintendo Stream. Where I'll plug in the Genesis (TV AND power cord), that's another question...

Just becareful if you get a Genesis you are going to have to get the red/yellow cables to hook it up to these modern TVs. The Genesis didnt come with one but you can buy them fairly cheap.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

killer6370

357. Posted:

Last Thurstday i got my latest retro game it was PLOK now am looking for my next Secret of evermore

killer6370

AuthorMessage

ogo79

358. Posted:

i went ahead and ordered this for giggles and since im such an Earthbound nerd...
http://fangamer.net/products/ebsaga
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

359. Posted:

ordered a few days ago
Zelda: link to the past/four swords GBA (Complete)
Zelda: Oracle of ages (A Complete version)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

360. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: Lol I had that Bebop figure when I was a kid I also had the one that you can change from a human to the warthog lol.

lol Nice! I never had the changable figure, just the Regular Bebop(which was totaly awesome from the first series. Yet after the 2nd series of TMNT figures, they just kept milking and milking the ninja turtles to the point of being totaly ridiculous.lol Oh look....here comes Slam Dunkin' Leonardo, or Spooky vampire Donatello ect ect. lol

But ya, Leonardo for some reason was always hard to get, I could never find him when i was a kid. But Toys R Us always seemed to be full of Donatello's And Rocksteady's.lol Nobody loved Donatello.....Yet he was always the number 1 choice to be in the TMNT videogames because of his weapons long reach.lol Anyways, I miss my old TMNT toys....The same goes for my Ghostbusters, He-man, Army Ants and Mighty Max figures ect ect.
Casey Jones, Baxter Stockman, The Rat King, Android Krang, The Mousers, Pizza Face ect ect....I miss my old toys! :p

Ahem* But that's where eBay comes in. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy