Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 341 to 360 of 4,850

EvilRegal

Ristar42 wrote:

Castlevania the New Generation for the Megadrive, thats a censored PAL version of Bloodlines to American readers. I'd never played this game before, its great.

I guess I'll eventually have to cave in and get a Genesis to play Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps, if I don't want to wait till 2021 for Konami to release it on the VC for the successor to Nintendo Stream. Where I'll plug in the Genesis (TV AND power cord), that's another question...

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Tasuki

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

Ristar42 wrote:

Castlevania the New Generation for the Megadrive, thats a censored PAL version of Bloodlines to American readers. I'd never played this game before, its great.

I guess I'll eventually have to cave in and get a Genesis to play Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps, if I don't want to wait till 2021 for Konami to release it on the VC for the successor to Nintendo Stream. Where I'll plug in the Genesis (TV AND power cord), that's another question...

Just becareful if you get a Genesis you are going to have to get the red/yellow cables to hook it up to these modern TVs. The Genesis didnt come with one but you can buy them fairly cheap.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

killer6370

Last Thurstday i got my latest retro game it was PLOK now am looking for my next Secret of evermore

killer6370

ogo79

i went ahead and ordered this for giggles and since im such an Earthbound nerd...
http://fangamer.net/products/ebsaga
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: Lol I had that Bebop figure when I was a kid I also had the one that you can change from a human to the warthog lol.

lol Nice! I never had the changable figure, just the Regular Bebop(which was totaly awesome from the first series. Yet after the 2nd series of TMNT figures, they just kept milking and milking the ninja turtles to the point of total ridiculous.lol Oh look....here comes Slam Dunkin' Leonardo, or Spooky vampire Donatello ect ect. lol

But ya, Leonardo for some reason was always hard to get, I could never find him when i was a kid. But Toys R Us always seemed to be full of Donatello's And Rocksteady's.lol Nobody loved Donatello.....Yet he was always the number 1 choice to be in the TMNT videogames because of his weapons long reach.lol Anyways, I miss my old TMNT toys....The same goes for my Ghostbusters, He-man, Army Ants and Mighty Max figures ect ect.
Casey Jones, Baxter Stockman, The Rat King, Android Krang, The Mousers, Pizza Face ect ect....I miss my old toys!

Ahem* But that's where eBay comes in.

Either that or a garage were you can store them in. I still have alot of my old TMNT figures, He-man and Thundercat lol. I just couldnt bring myself to throw them away. And yeah I know what you mean Leonard was always the last of the four turtles that I would get. I had the original Turtles and the Moive star turtles that were made from rubber or something like that and Leonardo was always the hardest to get. In fact when I was younger and my brother and I would play with them we would have to make up adventures that Leonardo was kidnapped or sick or some other reason for him not being there since we didnt have a Leonardo figure lol.

And speaking of TMNT I just picked up TMNT Tournament Fighters on SNES from a retro game shop here in my town. I went there looking for TMNT IV but got that instead lol.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

RudysaurusRex

Final Fantasy. Extremely tough compared to the GBA one though.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

ogo79

speaking on ninja turtles...i had most of em myself, muck man, mutagen man, slash (the purple belt version), fugitiod, and all the rare figures. my grandma would always hit up toys r us and make them open the boxes when they got their shipments in.
i had 97% of that collection including the giant turtles lol. and the ninja turtle pies and cereal were the best ever!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

brooks83

I just bought a DVD of the original TMNT episodes today, watching them now lol.

brooks83

Tasuki

brooks83 wrote:

I just bought a DVD of the original TMNT episodes today, watching them now lol.

Nice Brooks. I got the whole series a few years ago boy did they bring back the memories although I didnt care for the last season or so they kinda got really weird.

@Oldgames: Heck yeah I loved the pies they had a green filling that if I remember correctly was vanilla custard. The cereal wasnt too bad either which was rice chex with marshmallows.

Hmmmm are we going to have to start an old school TMNT thread so we dont derail this thread any further?

My Backlog

shinesprite

I got Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pikmin, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, and TLOZ: Minsh Cap this weekend as part of Gamestop's buy 2 get 2 free sale!
Minsh Cap was hard to find. Most stores now keep their GBA games behind the counter and will only sell them if you request a specific title. Also the Gamecube games have dwindled from an entire wall, to a half-height rack.

shinesprite

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

Hmmmm are we going to have to start an old school TMNT thread so we dont derail this thread any further?

do it! ill back you up

the_shpydar wrote:

StarBoy91

Today I got The 7th Saga for the SNES. I considered buying the game in the past, but I was a bit hesitant back then because of what I've looked up about it (that it gets really, really difficult later on), but I've finally decided to experience it recently. And so far the game is pretty good.
The way that the battles in the overworld shift from top-down to third person perspective via Mode 7 is really cool!

To each their own

Lotice-Paladin

Phantasy Star II and Shinobi (completed the latter).

Although not Retro, Mortal Kombat (reminds me of the first game more then the sequels).

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Ryno

How do I post pictures and videos?

@Starboy I just looked into The 7th Saga it sounds pretty cool. I want it with the box for the fact that on the front of the box it says "WARNING! This RPG may cause Excitement, Shock, Disbelief, Confusion, and complete ENJOYMENT!" How friggin' cool is that?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

@waveboy. Thanks for the how-to. I am all over this from here on out.

Here is the box for the The 7th Saga. If anyone else will appreciate the awesome warning on the box I think that it would be you Waveboy!

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: Lol I remember seeing that box at my local video store back in the SNES days. I never did play it. Maybe if it ever makes it way to VC I will check it out.

My Backlog

Ryno

@tasuki I actually am interested in this game too though I dont remember it from back in the day. I played way to much Street Fighter II during the SNES. This may be one of those games that I would purchase complete instead of VC because the box is just covered in all kinds of awesome sauce! Is there a thread for favorite game boxes?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

KingMike

I never actually saw the back of the box until now and that is amazing terrible!
That upper-right screenshot is one reason you will have resist the urge to destroy the cart.
Seriously though, it is one frame of a spell that will attempt to kill both your characters (and thus game over) in one shot. But even without that, getting mauled in a single turn will become common because Enix (intentionally or not) made the players get lower stat gains at level-up than the Japanese version, resulting in your characters constantly being much weaker than they're supposed to be.
But I still finished it once, so it's doable.
I did find one enemy in the game, a Silver Brain. It'll try to run away, but it's worth a ton of experience if you kill it before it does. I think I once gained like 30 levels in an hour or two grinding on it. Revenge on the broken stat curves! The game pulls one mean surprise near the end and it'll make you glad you did.

I thought the graphics were too repetitive, even by 16-bit standards. The Mode 7 effect on overworld fights is cool, but the world has some serious vegetation problems. It seems to be mostly mountains and deserts, and only an occasional patch of grass. I was also disappointed that there's only one "background" used for all non-overworld fights. I mean, even with you fight the other characters, in towns, in daylight, and you still the "spotlight on stone in otherwise complete darkness" background.
I mean, since almost all dungeons were caves or towers, they could've at least made a couple palette-swapped background images.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Retro_on_theGo

I bought Medabots: Metabee version AX, Shaman King: Master of Spirits, and Digimon: Battle Spirits all for the GBA yesterday. I didn't realize the Medabots game was the AX version till I bought it. I've only played it for about an hour and I don't like it so far. I was expecting something different. The Shaman King game feels like a quick side-scroller made to cash in on the anime's success.(I wasn't expecting anything more then that.) The Digimon game is actually pretty fun. I bought it on a whim since the Medabots game was only $3 and the SK was only $4.(I thought they were both $9.) It's obvious this game was meant to be played with friends not solo,but I can get some enjoyment out of it. Overall 1 meh game,1 bad game, and 1 game I actually liked and will come back to someday.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic