Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,850

RadioShadow

Was at MCM Expo in Birmingham yesterday and picked up:

• Super Princess Peach for Nintendo DS (£15) - Boxed
  • Sabrina: The Animated Series - Zapped! for Gameboy Color (£2) - Loose

I've hardly seen second hand copies of Super Princess Peach in shops (unless you count ebay), so I was glad to find it. Really fun 2D sprite platform. It actually supports the Rumble Pak.

The Sabrina game is actually made by WayForward, the company who created the Shantae series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantae), so the game plays and controls well. Bit on the easy side, but for £2, I live with that.

Edited on by RadioShadow

RadioShadow

Twitter:

RancidVomit86

My weekend

Untitled
Untitled

Hopefully get some good stuff next weekend since it is convention time.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

Just bought Body Harvest, Space Station: Sillicon Valley, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, all for the N64. Now I think I'm back down to 5 games on my N64 wishlist, which means I can largely ignore the rest unless I see a good deal I have the money for.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

martinskrtel37

Untitled

finally, twilight princess!! without waggle!!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

KingMike

Pillow People?!
I forgot about those but I think I had one when I was a toddler.

KingMike

Tasuki

I remember pillow people. I had a California Raisin one. Not sure what happened to it. Either my parents got rid of it when I got too old for it or it fell apart.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

It's that time once again, kiddies ... ShpydarhaulTM time, cobbled together from the purchases of the past couple weeks or so.

So let's get started. The first two pics are of my mail-order Japanese bride packages, which finally arrived after weeks and weeks of floating through customs ...
Untitled
Game Boy Pocket (Japanese classic-style version, with manual/documentation) - I already had a GB Pocket, but i had wanted one of these classic-look ones for a while and managed to get this for a good price.
Plus, it's perfect to have to play these:
Untitled
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon and Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R - these Japanese GB games are quite different from their SuperFami counterparts. Gameplay-wise, they remind me a little of TMNT for the GB; just basic action games, but they do have "story sections", which would be cooler if i actually could read the Japanese text. Of course, since i know the anime story (which these games follow even more closely than the SFC games do), it's all good.

Moving on to other purchases ...

Untitled
Dragonfire, Moonsweeper and Solar Storm (with manuals and a bonus Imagic catalog)(Atari 2600) - Some more Imagic carts as i move towards trying to complete the Imagic 2600 set. I was happy to get the manuals with these along with the Imagic Catalog, since they can usually go for a couple bucks a piece alone.
Untitled
Demon Attack, blue label variant (Atari 2600) - What's that? Another Blue Label Variant cart? I thought you had all of those already, Shpy! Well, yes, i have all the Activision Blue Label Variants (and doubles of most of them, in fact). But there are 3 Imagic games that were also released in the Blue Label format very late in the 2600 life-span. Imagic had closed up shop, and Activision bought out their library (which is why you often see Imagic games included in Activision compilation collections), and released the games in Activision-style carts with the Blue Labels. Now you know!
Untitled
K.C. Munchkin!, U.F.O.!, Math-A-Magic!/Echo!, Matchmaker!/Logix!/Buzzword! and Speedway!/Spin-Out!/Cryptologic! (Odyssey 2, all either boxed or CIB) - I got these randomly, after throwing up a $1 bid on a random auction ... and won! Yay. The boxes are a bit beat up on a few of these, but just having them boxed (and almost all of them are either CIB or at least include the manual) is way cool, especially since it's rare to find O2 games in the wild in general.

And finally, no E.T. carts this time around, but there is this:
Untitled
E.T. 2600 Tips and Tricks insert - another piece towards completing my 3 incomplete boxed copies. Now i just need to find some of those damn Raiders of the Lost Ark inserts ...

And that's all for this time, folks. I do have another batch of games on the way, so that should surface here shortly.
And meanwhile, the hunt for Atlantis II continues ...

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

I got a sealed Quest: Brian's Journey. Oddly a US version, shipped from Spain.
Might open that at some point.
But that box text is pretty ridiculous. How a fantasy RPG managed to reference Alan Greenspan in the description...

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Purchased Killer Instinct for the Super Nintendo! It's definitely not the arcade classic, but for the SNES it's an incredible port. Came in the mail a couple days ago and my brother and I played it for close to 3 hours when it arrived. Did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did!

Speaking of which, is Killer Instict Gold any good? I saw it at a shop last week, I'm thinking of picking it up if it's still there...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Purchased Killer Instinct for the Super Nintendo! It's definitely not the arcade classic, but for the SNES it's an incredible port. Came in the mail a couple days ago and my brother and I played it for close to 3 hours when it arrived. Did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did!

Speaking of which, is Killer Instict Gold any good? I saw it at a shop last week, I'm thinking of picking it up if it's still there...

I never played it myself but I've heard it's a very faithful port of KI2. Better than the SNES port of KI1. KI2 itself is a great fighting game only improving on the first one's mechanics and adding in awesome characters like Gargos and Maya. I don't know how comfortable an N64 controller would be for a fighting game that isn't Smash though.

CanisWolfred

I always thought the D-Pad was pretty nice. It was only $25 when I was there last time ("only" as in I expected it to cost way, WAY more considering how popular it is), so I guess it'd be worth trying, at least. Maybe they still have Doom 64 as well? I'd love to pick that up again...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Well my Atari collection has begun. I picked up an Atari 2600 and 20 games and two joysticks from Goodwill today for 20 dollars. Now I just need to get a really old tv.

My Backlog

KingMike

I probably should've long ago imported Tear Ring Saga to see how Not Fire Emblem it is.

KingMike

Ralizah

Got a decent haul at a con I just went to.

An SNES (first one I've ever owned) with two controllers
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Sunshine

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

FarceDeity

My recent acquisitions are:

The Guardian Legend (NES) - highly recommended by a friend
World of Illusion starring Mickey and Donald (Genesis) - fond memories from my childhood
Sonic 2 (Genesis) - the only one of the originals that I didn't have in cartridge form

The Legend of Zelda meets Donnie Darko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiDJIb_6yaM

RetroGameBros

Most recent was gamecube component cable, freeloader disc and NTSC mario sunshine for all that 480P goodness!

If have chance take a look at my youtube channel, mainly nintendo console focused
https://www.youtube.com/retrogamebrosuk

Twitter:

Tasuki

Well it's not a @the_shpydar size haul but here we go.

So a little back story I finally got my retro set up how I wanted it (god I love switch boxes) so as of late I have been playing alot of my older consoles so I figure I take a trip to ye Ole retro game store and came back with the following.

Streets of Rage 2 Genesis $1.99 - Even though I have this on my Wii VC I couldn't pass up owning an original cartridge. Now I thought I did have it but if I did I have no idea where it is.

WCW/NWO World Tour and Revenge both for $2.99 - Never played them but have heard they are some of the best wrestling video games around.

So that was the first stop the second I picked up

Batman Sega Genesis - $2.99 - Based off the 1989 movie I had no idea this game came out. I loved the NES version so I figured what the heck, plus it's Batman, it can't be too bad can it.

PS 2 multitap $2.99 - For multiplayer night with the guys from work.

So that's it for now.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic