Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 4,850

RedDevilAde

RancidVomit86 wrote:

My recent pick up.

Untitled

I love Space Quest 4 best Sierra game ever

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

10-zx

@WaveBoy "I'm so grateful i was bornin the 84', but i wish i were born a bit earlier....but eh, what can you do." I guess different people like different birth times, cause' I'm grateful to be a 000's kid! (That's 000's, not 10's, there's a difference.)

All rights reserved.

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered warriors of fate for genesis, sailor moon for genesis and iron commando for snes.

I know one, maybe two of those? took a bite out of your wallet, I'm sure.

Related to Iron Commando, I'm shocked to see what "Legend" for the SNES goes for now. It looks beautiful but it's near unplayable.

KingMike

StarBoy91

^ There's a Russian(?) video review of Legend (and its sequels) on YouTube which I found interesting to watch despite there being no subtitles (though adding translated captions will garner peculiar results)

So my latest retro purchases I just received in the mail today.

The first is Gargoyle's Quest for the Game Boy, which is pretty cool from what I played and the way it alternates from platforming to top-down RPG overworlds; though I found it interesting that Firebrand blows up upon losing a life a la Mega Man. Because that's how Arthur died in the GnG series! All kidding aside though, while I was browsing for it on eBay I noticed that the Japanese version has a number "01" on it; if that's true then that would make Firebrand's first adventure Capcom's first Game Boy game. It's nice to know that Nihon Bussan wasn't the only company that numbered their released games.

So the other game I bought on a whim, i.e. I accidentally found out about it. So the other day I was looking up how many licensed titles based on movies Sony Imagesoft published for the SNES because it seemed to me that there were a lot, one of them was developed from Ukiyotei, Hook (which I already owned); and because I was only aware of a few of their games I wanted to browse on MobyGames what other games they made outside of the aforementioned Hook, Skyblazer, and Spawn. Well, I found out about another game that Ukiyotei developed, this time for the PlayStation One: Punky Skunk... yeah that's a real name (but I don't know what's worse: this or the Japanese name Cooly Skunk). Having not heard anything about it until this month (and no wonder, it never came out in Europe, which is where I lived when I was little) I wanted to see a few screenshots to get a good idea of what it would be like: and to my surprise, it's entirely 2D, and that was enough to have me sold since I'm a sucker for obscure titles (especially platformers with or without mascots, and I love 2D)--and as much as I like the PlayStation One, I think it's about time I played another sidescrolling 2D title made for it. I played it, and while it's a little lacking in difficulty I appreciate its vintage 2D look and feel (it could almost be a great-looking SNES game), and while the name might not sound all that flattering I'm liking the game enough for the time being. And besides, I've been meaning to try a new PSX game anyway.
TL;DR - played Punky Skunk for the PSX, discovered by accident, admittedly embarrassing name, but game itself is not so bad imo (I've played worse)

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered warriors of fate for genesis, sailor moon for genesis and iron commando for snes.

I know one, maybe two of those? took a bite out of your wallet, I'm sure.

Related to Iron Commando, I'm shocked to see what "Legend" for the SNES goes for now. It looks beautiful but it's near unplayable.

iron commando tried to take a bite out of my wallet but i bit him back! no one crosses oldgamesonly79!
i still have to get legend

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RadioShadow

Got myself a Sega Saturn, which I modded to run in NTSC and run Japan games. Now I need some games to play!

RadioShadow

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I finally got Battle of Olympus. for the NES. Been looking everywhere for this. Every time I saw it before, I didn't have the money for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

Well, i still haven't received my shipments from Japan, but in the meantime, a couple of pick-ups of interest (to someone, i'm sure ) ...

Untitled
Untitled

Quiz Wiz (Coleco, 1978) - This is a neat little game "system" that i imagine probably no one here has heard of. Basically, the "system" is that beige calculator-looking brick, which plugs into a cartridge-chip that is built into a little portfolio-fake leather-plastic thing. Each cartridge includes a quiz book (there were multiple book/cartridges), each of which includes 1001 questions. You input the question number, then the answer, and it tells you if you're right or wrong. I picked up the base package in-box (and the box is in amazing shape, especially considering it's more than 35 years old), along with 2 additional cartridge-books.

I picked this up mainly because of a lot of nostalgia i have for this device — which is odd, considering i think i only played with it once (maybe twice) in my life, and that had to be more than 30 years ago. I remember my cousin got this system way back when, and he brought it with him one Christmas Eve back in the days when the entire extended family would get together for Christmas Eve celebration. All the cousins (and plenty of the adults too, lol) spent probably half the night playing with this thing. A lot of fun, especially with a bunch of people playing, much like any trivia-based game (fun corrollary shpydar-fact: a few years later, Trivial Pursuit would become a regular event anytime my family and my cousin's family got together for holidays or whatever).

And because it's been a while since the last one ...

Untitled
E.T. (Atari 2600) SEALED - The box is a bit beat out of shape, but ... sealed! And managed to grab it for an exceptionally low price compared to what sealed copies tend to go for these days.

Now back to the wait for my Japanese mail-order brides ...

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Now back to the wait for my Japanese mail-order brides ...

i forgot to feed mine again. i shipped my bride back and left negative feedback to the seller.
please understand.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

just ordered bishoujo senshi sailor moon and its sequel bishoujo senshi sailor moon r for super famicom.
and not that i really do, but when the rare occurrence occurs that i do decide to wear clothes i only wear this manly garment:
Untitled
this has been approved by Shpydarhaultm

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

just ordered bishoujo senshi sailor moon and its sequel bishoujo senshi sailor moon r for super famicom.
and not that i really do, but when the rare occurrence occurs that i do decide to wear clothes i only wear this manly garment:
Untitled
this has been approved by Shpydarhaultm

Definitely approved. So long as the shirt is worn only, obviously without any pants.

And nice grabbing the Sailor Moon games, you should enjoy them. I still need to eventually grab that Mega Drive version of Sailor Moon from that one site you showed me.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

I still need to eventually grab that Mega Drive version of Sailor Moon from that one site you showed me.

mine should be here in a couple days i think. im probably the first person in america who has ordered from his site
ill be the guinea pig

the_shpydar wrote:

mystman12

Recently picked up 1080 Snowboarding, though I haven't played it much yet.

Oh, and I also found these nice figures at an antique mall:
Untitled

...and I saw these and thought @WaveBoy might like them.
Untitled

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Picked up Goldeneye 007 for the N64 for a surprisingly reasonable price (though not as good as it would've been if I bought it less than 2 years ago...). It's supposed to get here by my birthday, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

@mystman12
Cool Peanuts figurines. I totally would have grabbed them as well.

And i am infinitely curious as to what "The Game of Cootie" is (the box under the Raisins)

The Shpydarloggery

KingMike

Cootie sounds familiar. Maybe I owned it as a kid but (though in a newer packaging variation ) I don't remember it too well.

KingMike

ogo79

@the_shpydar @KingMike
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

ah, just got sonic blast man 2 for super famicom...

the_shpydar wrote:

CanisWolfred

Just got High Seas Havoc for the Genesis. Funny that the Buy it nows were all fairly expensive, but I won the only auction at just $12.50 + $4 shipping...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic