Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 4,874

8BitSamurai

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Garage sales were a bit dry today but i did find one of the most rare Xbox games.

^ So that's @RancidVomit86's idea of a bad haul, lol.

For me, I found Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball for the Saturn, and the Myst Trilogy at Goodwill, both for a couple bucks. Both of them are complete and in pretty nice shape, so I could have done worse.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

KingMike

Madden 09 on Xbox? That had to be one of the last Xbox games.
Possibly another for the list of consoles whose final game was an EA Sports game (the PS1, maybe the PS2)?

KingMike

8BitSamurai

KingMike wrote:

Madden 09 on Xbox? That had to be one of the last Xbox games.
Possibly another for the list of consoles whose final game was an EA Sports game (the PS1, maybe the PS2)?

I believe it was the last game. It is if Wikipedia is correct, anyways. GameCube's was Madden 08.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

RancidVomit86

Ya it is an elusive one to come across in the wild. Was at the last garage sale of the day. Some old lady had it in the bottom of a bin full of DVD's.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

ogo79

im afraid the common days of finding games at garage sales and thrift stores are long over. it would be awesome to find things this way still. but the word is out now and everyone is holding/selling games

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RancidVomit86

@ogo79 The deals are still there. It's becoming harder but with a little patience they can be found. I probably dig through 10,000 pounds of baby clothes to find what i do but they are there.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

I previously ordered Brandish 2 Expert for SFC and Dragon Buster for FC both CIB. Even if the standard version of Brandish 2's title "The Planet Buster" is applicable as the only proper reaction to Brandish to Sephiroth all of you!

And I'll try to buy another game that IS NOT KONANI. Cosmic Epsilon, probably the best Space Harrier clone that promises space Greek letters. Found it listed at a much better price than ebay, so we'll see how that goes.

KingMike

3DS_excel

Where to start...

I have brought a Pokemon Mini and it rocks Got pinball, puzzle collection, party and Tetris Shake for it. The screen is so sharp and easy to see even in poor lighting, it takes one battery and is truly portable (it's tiny!). It's a handheld I wasn't aware of and I saw one ending soon on ebay, so I went for it! No regrets, would recommend to anyone!

I got two mint official 6 button controllers for the Megadrive. They don't even look like they've ever been used. Was well chuffed when they arrived. Been playing Street Fighter 2 and kicking ass as Ryu

Finally, I have brought Streets of Rage 2! Wow what a great game! I hadn't played it before but the gameplay, graphics and the music are all top notch! Again I would recommend this game to anyone

Byron-3D wrote:

I've just took the plunge and ordered myself an Everdrive 64 V2 and an RGB for all kit for the N64 I recently picked up, hopefully it comes by the weekend so I can start the refurb of this console and get it into action

I'm jealous, I want one for Goldeneye X but can't justify spending £100+..... Maybe next month Let us know how you get on with it.

Edited on by 3DS_excel

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

KarrotMan

Untitled
Haul for the week. Got three N64 controllers with perfectly functioning analogues, a SFC controller that doesn't have mushy buttons and a cart for Star Fox 64. Good deal, all I had to do was trade in one of my NGPC's. Can't wait for next week, I'm getting something extra special

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/karakato_001]My Backl...

BearHunger

I bought Road Rash II for Genesis! Sluggish (much like the Super Scaler ports to Genesis) but fun.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

the_shpydar

And once more, with feeling:

Untitled

E.T. (Atari 2600) - Yet another copy! It's CIB, and almost a sealed copy, except for the fact that the glue holding the bottom of the box has dried out over the past 30+ years, so the flap has opened. Still has some of the shrink-wrap on it too, although as a general rule i don't usually consider shrink-wrap when it comes to Sealed vs CIB for most Atari games, as Atari games were often originally sold without shrink-wrap on them.

Since the box is open, i'm going to have to include it as another CIB in my E.T. collection.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
CACODEMON.
Current E.T. count: 34 Copies. 4 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

BearHunger wrote:

I bought Road Rash II for Genesis! Sluggish (much like the Super Scaler ports to Genesis) but fun.

dont you ever, ever talk down on a genesis game again. you couldnt possibly mean that...take it back!
im gong to count to 1...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

unrandomsam

Gynoug (Wings of Wor) loose Genesis cart. (Ridiculously cheap).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

KingMike

Received two black box loose NES games: Balloon Fight and Wrecking Crew, and a third that feels black-box: Milipede (I notice HAL actually improved the graphics between the Famicom and NES versions).

KingMike

the_shpydar

KingMike wrote:

Received two black box loose NES games: Balloon Fight and Wrecking Crew, and a third that feels black-box: Milipede (I notice HAL actually improved the graphics between the Famicom and NES versions).

I'm always tempted to go for a complete Black Box set, but then i think about having to try to find (and sell a kidney for) Stack-Up and DK Jr. Math, and then i relent.

The Shpydarloggery
CACODEMON.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

Actually I noticed the copyright for NES Defender II credits Williams but then says it's licensed from Atari Corp. Wasn't the game NOT an Atari Corp IP but Williams/Atari Games (independent of Atari, aka Tengen for home publishing). I noticed the Famicom version of Defender II (Star Gate) omits any HAL copyright but just says "COPYRIGHT 1983 ATARI" which as far as I can tell is not only the wrong company but also the wrong year of the original game (should be 1981).
Joust also. I don't think that was Atari either.

KingMike

BearHunger

ogo79 wrote:

BearHunger wrote:

dont you ever, ever talk down on a genesis game again. you couldnt possibly mean that...take it back!
im gong to count to 1...

What? I just complimented the game. It's no, um, N64 game.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

the_shpydar

KingMike wrote:

Actually I noticed the copyright for NES Defender II credits Williams but then says it's licensed from Atari Corp. Wasn't the game NOT an Atari Corp IP but Williams/Atari Games (independent of Atari, aka Tengen for home publishing). I noticed the Famicom version of Defender II (Star Gate) omits any HAL copyright but just says "COPYRIGHT 1983 ATARI" which as far as I can tell is not only the wrong company but also the wrong year of the original game (should be 1981).
Joust also. I don't think that was Atari either.

I think that probably has to do with the licensing rights. Atari was pretty savvy about locking those things down so that they would get a piece of the pie for any releases of the games they published back then.

The Shpydarloggery
CACODEMON.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic