Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,454

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

3,321. Posted:

Bases Loaded II: Second Season for $2.99.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,322. Posted:

I had also ordered a disc-only copy of Einhander for PS1. AFAIK one of the few PS games Square-Enix hasn't released on PSN. That game is getting expensive.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

3,323. Posted:

@KingMike Oh. I thought it was a RPG. :(

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

3,324. Posted:

I'm getting a little worried here.....My vintage unicorn stickers still haven't arrived in the mail yet. ;)
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/0F4AAMXQeKNTOL1g/$_5...

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RadioShadow

3,325. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm getting a little worried here.....My vintage unicorn stickers still haven't arrived in the mail yet. ;)

Where do you plan on sticking them?

Got myself a Japan Nintendo 64. Now I can play Puyo Puyo 64! Off to buy some more!

Edited on by RadioShadow

RadioShadow

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

3,326. Posted:

It has finally arrived!

Untitled
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES fan-translation repro cart)

And @ogo79, i totally see what you meant about the odd cartridge shell used for the repros, with the little "fake" screw thingies. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

3,327. Posted:

@the_shpydar - yay!!! Enjoy one of the best 16-bit RPGs of yesteryear! :) My number one favorite Ys installment ever. Have fun!

looks closely at cover
Really? Ys: Mask of the Sun IV is how it's being presented on the case? Repro men, you had one job! :P

To each their own

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

3,328. Posted:

RadioShadow wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Where do you plan on sticking them?

Got myself a Japan Nintendo 64. Now I can play Puyo Puyo 64! Off to buy some more!

On my fridge of course. :* so all of the close minded insecure macho-men can get a good glimpse...... ;)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

3,329. Posted:

WanderFan91 wrote:

looks closely at cover
Really? Ys: Mask of the Sun IV is how it's being presented on the case? Repro men, you had one job! :P

I think it's supposed to be like the "Ys IV" is the background, while the "Mask of the Sun" is in the foreground.
for "Modern Family" fans: like the "Slow Down Your Neighbors" signs that Claire made in that one episode :D

But better than that is the end-label says "Y's IV Mask of the Sun", using the "classic" apostrophe-style spelling that was used on the Master System cart. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,330. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

It has finally arrived!

Untitled
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES fan-translation repro cart)

And @ogo79, i totally see what you meant about the odd cartridge shell used for the repros, with the little "fake" screw thingies. :D

lol yep, dont try to remove them, i tried one screw, they are decor only. i was told the carts just open up. thats cool though.
when we were talking about those a while back, i forgot to show you how it looked. ah well you see now lol
youll probably end up beating it by this saturday :D

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

3,331. Posted:

I return after my long break. Got all of this for $11and yes that's a Nomad I scored for $5.

Untitled

Untitled

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,332. Posted:

Some anime mini-game thing called Wedding Peach for the Super Famicom CIB. Shortly after I started to wonder why I clicked that BIN button. At least it was cheap with shipping.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

3,333. Posted:

@RancidVomit86: Welcome back hope you enjoyed your break. I was wondering what happen to you since I didn't see you post any new purchases lately.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

JCnator

3,334. Posted:

So, I went to a vacation and bought some more retro games from an independent retro game store to give an extra oomph to my collection. I was too lazy getting these games from eBay, so some of the prices appears to be pricier. All prices are in CAD.

• Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet (4,99$)
  • Vectorman (9,99$)
  • Starfox (24,99$)
  • DuckTales (34,99$)

I also bought T89's 72 to 60 pins adapter for 24,99$, and a Super Retro Trio for 79,99$. The latter plays great with my Genesis and SNES titles so far, as they're perfectly playable. The NES side is kinda broken for some reason, perhaps attributed to a couple of cartridge slot's defective contacts protruding a little bit more. My DuckTales copy consistently works but wouldn't let me swing my cane while still being able to use pogo-attack just fine, my Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet cartridge required a little bit of nudging until I get it to work perfectly and my T89 Famicom adapter with Kid Dracula attached on it wouldn't work at all. I heard that the NOAC is the same from many NES clone systems made around 2004 that may struggle to run a good portion of NES library, so there could be also a compatibility issue on my NES/Famicom games. Since I'm still waiting for my RetroN 5 to arrive, that somewhat broken NES slot doesn't bother me too much. I mean, I got 2 great SNES replica controllers out of the box that I could also bring to Hyperkin's latest clone console, and the S-Video output is very nice for both Genesis and SNES.

JCnator

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5032-5582 | Nintendo Network ID: JCnator_U

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,335. Posted:

Those prices do indeed seem quite high.

I can't remember if I mentioned I bought a Scooby-Doo manual (SNES) awhile ago and for some reason with it I got manuals for StarFox (don't have) and Super Mario World (my third copy). If only I had three BOXES for SMW.

At about $14 shipped I bought a copy of California Games II for SNES with box and instructions. Hopefully this is better than a certain OTHER game (and can at least get the pause function right :P ), at least since Pony Canyon wasn't involved with this one, I don't think.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

3,336. Posted:

Picked this up for just a few bucks:

Untitled

NBA Live '95 (SNES)

We used to play the hell out of this game in college (though not as much as NHL '94 for Genny), so i figured i'd grab a copy. My favorite basketball game — though granted the only other game on that list is Basketball for Atari 2600. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

3,337. Posted:

@the_shpydar My brother's played NBA Live '95. Good choice! ;)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Falchion

3,338. Posted:

I went to my local play n trade and picked up Star Fox ($10) and Super Empire Strikes Back ($8). I am enjoying starfox but cant stand empire!

Falchion

AuthorMessage

GanonDorf

3,339. Posted:

I went to a flee market this Saturday :)
Untitled

GanonDorf

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,340. Posted:

Falchion wrote:

I went to my local play n trade and picked up Star Fox ($10) and Super Empire Strikes Back ($8). I am enjoying starfox but cant stand empire!

I realize the other two are probably just as unforgiving but I bought them and not Empire because that is the only one I played as a kid and thus the only one to give me painful memories.
I ordered Rastan for Master System and Animaniacs for Genesis both CIB.
And Micro Machines SNES. So I hear many unlicensed NES games don't work in the toploader (except Tengen which I know works) and I don't know if I'd want to trust the short-circuit method most other companies used to brute-force their way past the lockout chip, so I guess I should stick with a licensed version of the game.

KingMike