Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,931

AuthorMessage
KingMike

KingMike

3,321. Posted:

I had also ordered a disc-only copy of Einhander for PS1. AFAIK one of the few PS games Square-Enix hasn't released on PSN. That game is getting expensive.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Scarhino89

Scarhino89

3,322. Posted:

@KingMike Oh. I thought it was a RPG. :(

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

3,323. Posted:

I'm getting a little worried here.....My vintage unicorn stickers still haven't arrived in the mail yet. ;)
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/0F4AAMXQeKNTOL1g/$_5...

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers! - NES
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
RadioShadow

RadioShadow

3,324. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm getting a little worried here.....My vintage unicorn stickers still haven't arrived in the mail yet. ;)

Where do you plan on sticking them?

Got myself a Japan Nintendo 64. Now I can play Puyo Puyo 64! Off to buy some more!

Edited on by RadioShadow

RadioShadow

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

3,325. Posted:

It has finally arrived!

Untitled
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES fan-translation repro cart)

And @ogo79, i totally see what you meant about the odd cartridge shell used for the repros, with the little "fake" screw thingies. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 29 Copies. 3 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 16 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

3,326. Posted:

@the_shpydar - yay!!! Enjoy one of the best 16-bit RPGs of yesteryear! :) My number one favorite Ys installment ever. Have fun!

looks closely at cover
Really? Ys: Mask of the Sun IV is how it's being presented on the case? Repro men, you had one job! :P

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

3,327. Posted:

RadioShadow wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Where do you plan on sticking them?

Got myself a Japan Nintendo 64. Now I can play Puyo Puyo 64! Off to buy some more!

On my fridge of course. :* so all of the close minded insecure macho-men can get a good glimpse...... ;)

Currently Playing: Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers! - NES
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

3,328. Posted:

WanderFan91 wrote:

looks closely at cover
Really? Ys: Mask of the Sun IV is how it's being presented on the case? Repro men, you had one job! :P

I think it's supposed to be like the "Ys IV" is the background, while the "Mask of the Sun" is in the foreground.
for "Modern Family" fans: like the "Slow Down Your Neighbors" signs that Claire made in that one episode :D

But better than that is the end-label says "Y's IV Mask of the Sun", using the "classic" apostrophe-style spelling that was used on the Master System cart. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

3,329. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

It has finally arrived!

Untitled
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES fan-translation repro cart)

And @ogo79, i totally see what you meant about the odd cartridge shell used for the repros, with the little "fake" screw thingies. :D

lol yep, dont try to remove them, i tried one screw, they are decor only. i was told the carts just open up. thats cool though.
when we were talking about those a while back, i forgot to show you how it looked. ah well you see now lol
youll probably end up beating it by this saturday :D

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

3,330. Posted:

I return after my long break. Got all of this for $11and yes that's a Nomad I scored for $5.

Untitled

Untitled

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
KingMike

KingMike

3,331. Posted:

Some anime mini-game thing called Wedding Peach for the Super Famicom CIB. Shortly after I started to wonder why I clicked that BIN button. At least it was cheap with shipping.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

3,332. Posted:

@RancidVomit86: Welcome back hope you enjoyed your break. I was wondering what happen to you since I didn't see you post any new purchases lately.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
JCnator

JCnator

3,333. Posted:

So, I went to a vacation and bought some more retro games from an independent retro game store to give an extra oomph to my collection. I was too lazy getting these games from eBay, so some of the prices appears to be pricier. All prices are in CAD.

• Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet (4,99$)
  • Vectorman (9,99$)
  • Starfox (24,99$)
  • DuckTales (34,99$)

I also bought T89's 72 to 60 pins adapter for 24,99$, and a Super Retro Trio for 79,99$. The latter plays great with my Genesis and SNES titles so far, as they're perfectly playable. The NES side is kinda broken for some reason, perhaps attributed to a couple of cartridge slot's defective contacts protruding a little bit more. My DuckTales copy consistently works but wouldn't let me swing my cane while still being able to use pogo-attack just fine, my Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet cartridge required a little bit of nudging until I get it to work perfectly and my T89 Famicom adapter with Kid Dracula attached on it wouldn't work at all. I heard that the NOAC is the same from many NES clone systems made around 2004 that may struggle to run a good portion of NES library, so there could be also a compatibility issue on my NES/Famicom games. Since I'm still waiting for my RetroN 5 to arrive, that somewhat broken NES slot doesn't bother me too much. I mean, I got 2 great SNES replica controllers out of the box that I could also bring to Hyperkin's latest clone console, and the S-Video output is very nice for both Genesis and SNES.

JCnator

Nintendo Network ID: JCnator_U

AuthorMessage
KingMike

KingMike

3,334. Posted:

Those prices do indeed seem quite high.

I can't remember if I mentioned I bought a Scooby-Doo manual (SNES) awhile ago and for some reason with it I got manuals for StarFox (don't have) and Super Mario World (my third copy). If only I had three BOXES for SMW.

At about $14 shipped I bought a copy of California Games II for SNES with box and instructions. Hopefully this is better than a certain OTHER game (and can at least get the pause function right :P ), at least since Pony Canyon wasn't involved with this one, I don't think.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

3,335. Posted:

Picked this up for just a few bucks:

Untitled

NBA Live '95 (SNES)

We used to play the hell out of this game in college (though not as much as NHL '94 for Genny), so i figured i'd grab a copy. My favorite basketball game — though granted the only other game on that list is Basketball for Atari 2600. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage
Scarhino89

Scarhino89

3,336. Posted:

@the_shpydar My brother's played NBA Live '95. Good choice! ;)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage
Falchion

Falchion

3,337. Posted:

I went to my local play n trade and picked up Star Fox ($10) and Super Empire Strikes Back ($8). I am enjoying starfox but cant stand empire!

Falchion

AuthorMessage
GanonDorf

GanonDorf

3,338. Posted:

I went to a flee market this Saturday :)
Untitled

GanonDorf

AuthorMessage
KingMike

KingMike

3,339. Posted:

Falchion wrote:

I went to my local play n trade and picked up Star Fox ($10) and Super Empire Strikes Back ($8). I am enjoying starfox but cant stand empire!

I realize the other two are probably just as unforgiving but I bought them and not Empire because that is the only one I played as a kid and thus the only one to give me painful memories.
I ordered Rastan for Master System and Animaniacs for Genesis both CIB.
And Micro Machines SNES. So I hear many unlicensed NES games don't work in the toploader (except Tengen which I know works) and I don't know if I'd want to trust the short-circuit method most other companies used to brute-force their way past the lockout chip, so I guess I should stick with a licensed version of the game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

3,340. Posted:

A long time ago there was a moment which impacted me negatively and therefore scared me from trying this one specific RPG series; I won't get into the specifics as to why yet. Looking back, it was a pretty silly reaction, buuuut the past is in the past (you cannot change what happened then). Earlier last year I ordered and experienced Torneko no Daibōken: Fushigi no Dungeon (my tenth Super Famicom game, and the father of the Mystery Dungeon genre which sadly remained Japan-exclusive), and while it wasn't quite as turn-based as the original series it was spinning off of, I found it a lot of fun and enjoyed the replay value, gameplay, and charm (courtesy of Akira Toriyama's style). I will admit that even though I liked this spin-off, I was still hesitant to try any game from the original series (no matter how curious I was) because of the tragic moment that occurred years prior pertaining to the series. That was all changed days ago when I thought: "Screw it, time to bite the bullet and face the inevitable!" So, what game did I decide to play in this turn-based RPG series (which just arrived today)? Why, none other than the premier SFC iteration of the series: DRAGON QUEST V. I did once play a different version of the game, but the less said about that endeavor (cough software pirate victim cough) the better. I've only just started the Super Famicom original and from what I've played it's not bad, and the fact that it came out in the same year as Final Fantasy V makes it very awesome in my book (since FF V itself is awesome). All I've got to say is: I'm glad I decided to give this series a proper chance (despite an ugly start for me back in 2009), and the wait was worth it I feel. :) ............................................................................... I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I start loving this game and decide to play another Dragon Quest as a result (DQ VI maybe), it won't be the DS version that I'll be experiencing. Yes, I know that was a kneejerk reaction that I expressed just now, but I just had to get that off my system.

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own