Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 4,850

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Wasn't it originally a 3DO game?

i see you on hardcoregaming101 threads. im yer #1 fan

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

mdsmith

SNES console with Super Mario World, Final Fight and Street FIghter 2 Turbo. Tomorrow I'm picking up A Link to the Past.

MATT
ogo79

move aside zelda and mario we have another obscurity aboard! just got yang warrior family:
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Chaoz

I recently got Wario Land II, it was worth the coins.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Conker69

Only one in the World.

Untitled

Edited on by Conker69

Complete cart only n64 set
108 sealed n64 games
Complete blister accessorie set
Blister controllers 6/7
Second set blister controller 4/7
Boxed controller set 8/8

martinskrtel37

isn't the point of this thread to discuss actual retro gaming and purchases, not Virtual Console downloads...

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

CanisWolfred

martinskrtel37 wrote:

isn't the point of this thread to discuss actual retro gaming and purchases, not Virtual Console downloads...

Yes, but we got tired of complaining...4 years ago? This thread is really old...expecting everyone to actually use this thread for its intended purpose is about as foolhardy as expecting Waveboy to not freak out over every single piece of 80's memorabilia he gets...or Shpydr to not buy a truckload of E.T. games every month (Yet I haven't seen him here for a while, though I'm assuming he's saving up to buy the entire E.T. landfill).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

@CanisWolfred
How'd you figure out my plan?!

Anyways, a few assorted gets over the past couple weeks. I was waiting for them all to arrive before posting, and now that they're all here, you have the privilege of looking at pretty pictures of the stuff that further clutters my tiny apartment! HUZZAH!

First up ...

Untitled

Dynamite Cop (Dreamcast) - such a fun brawler (that's what we used to call them and i'm bringing the term back because "beat'em up" is annoying to type), and it never for a second tries to take itself seriously — in a good way. Very arcade-y, and just damn FUN. Plus, it has the @ogo79 Stamp of Approval, which is pretty much all you need.

Untitled
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (SuperFamicom) - This is the first of the two Sailor Moon brawlers on the SuperFami (i already have the second one, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R). Basically the same as R, minus a few improvements that were added in the second game. I've only played the first stage so far, but i think i'm actually enjoying it a bit more.

Fun side fact: before buying R, i had never watched or really knew anything about Sailor Moon, though i was of course aware of its existence. Then i ended up buying the first season on DVD just to check it out, and i was instantly hooked. I just bought the second season at about the same time that i ordered this game (ironically, R is loosely-based on the 2nd season, while this game is loosely-based on the first - so my DVD & game buying has been inversely related).

Untitled
Raiders of the Lost Ark (2600) - This is a rare label-variant (released in 1986, the original was from 1982) of one of my favorite Atari games. The label differences are the obvious end label "misprint", as well as having the stylized "Raiders" logo on the front label. I've wanted to pick it up for a while, but it's hard to find and usually quite pricey. The seller had it up for a very good (cheap) price considering what it often can go for, and he even included a manual as a bonus!

Untitled
Time Machine - I had no idea this thing even existed until i randomly came across it on eBay. It looks like a little Famicom, with that classic red/white color scheme, and it plugs into a GBA to play Fami games! It even comes with an NES-to-Fami adapter so you can use it to play NES carts, and an AV cable to connect it to a tv. Cool (and apparently pretty rare?) little device!
(i was too lazy to take pics of it out of the box, but if anyone is curious, let me know and i'll take a few pics.)

That's it for now, though i am feeling that a trip back to the retro store for some more copies of E.T. might be in order this weekend ...

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

A little while ago I bought the same Sailor Moon, but complete.
I'd like to buy legit DVDs of Sailor Moon, but I don't suppose whoever owns the English copyright is going to in 2015 be printing new DVDs at SANE prices. It's all streaming now.
I ordered Shadow Hearts From The New World and Trapt for PS2.
Thinking about getting a used DSLite due to my dying original DS. (as I need something that'll still play my imports without out having to worry if they have the most common DSi "enhancement", known as lockout. )

KingMike

the_shpydar

@KingMike
Yeah, VizMedia has the publishing rights now, and is releasing the series with a new dub. I think so far only the first half of the first season has been released on DVD & BluRay, but 'tis pricey. I bought boot sets of the original DiC US TV version (which yes, i know, is edited from the original, but i want to watch the series in the form it originally appeared in the US first before i will probably grab some original Japanese subbed sets).

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

Still a better price than the ADV release.

Disappointed I didn't get Magic Knight Rayearth season 2 when it was released a few years ago. I bought season 1 (2010-ish? print) (though that taught me do not preorder from Best Buy ) but skipped the second. Last I saw 1 was still easily available but 2 is mad monies.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

MegaMari0

paper mario. I didn't redeem the 2001 original classic on the wii shop channel when i first got it for 200 coins last july. Loving it. Though it hasn't aged gracefully.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Octane

Ribbit King (NGC). Took me awhile to get my hands on a decent copy for a reasonable price. Apparently the game didn't sell that well in Europe (or anywhere for that matter).

Octane

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

Man! Somebody is on a Beat em' up binge.
All of that smacking & whacking is going to turn your little bit-thumbs into battletoad blisters.

yeah im going after pretty much all of them for any system.
as far as the smacking and whacking goes...lately its been light on the smacking and heavy on the whacking
@the_shpydar
im going to get both of those sailor moon snes games and the genny one myself. thats interesting the 2 snes games go with the show. pretty cool

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

But then after Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R, it looks like there's like three "Sailor Moon S" and two "Sailor Moon Super S" games on the SFC alone.

I got this Splatterhouse 3 cart I ordered. Not that great of condition, in fact the top label is mostly gone but I think $26 shipped is pretty good. (I know this is a game that seems to fluctuate in value, but that's probably a low)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

the_shpydar

There's actually 7 other Sailor Moon games on the SFC in addition to Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R. But they're not brawlers.

2 of them are 1vs1 fighters, while 4 of them are puzzle games. The 7th game is actually an RPG, (Sailor Moon: Another Story), which i do want to get. But since i can't read Japanese, it makes sense to get a translation-cart (most of the usual places all have it).

Meanwhile, i did just order the two Game Boy Sailor Moon games. Told you guys i was hooked.

@ogo79
The Genny game is Mega Drive only, right? I want to get that one as well; it looks like a better version of the first SFC game.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

KingMike

I thought in the most common patch, the font for the translation was not real hardware compatible.
Something to worry about if getting a cart from a bad source.

I recall the original cart was one of the few SFC RPGs I bought loose. As most (at least the exclusives) were almost dirt-cheap to get CIB, that wasn't.
Though the cart alone isn't too bad, it's certainly one where the box and manual more than double the price.
I know at least one I got cheap is probably kind of rare so I wouldn't be surprised if prices went way up on that.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Klimbatize

@Waveboy Aw, I will miss the Christmas Raisen avatar. I hope you break it out again this December.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic