Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 4,898

Ryno

8BitSamurai wrote:

Got a complete copy of the 3 1/2" floppy version of SimFarm for $3 at Goodwill today. Always a fan of the SimCity games, but I'm not sure if this is any good.

Hopefully you are going to turn it into a rare download. The rest of us can't play 3 1/2" floppies anymore.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Got a complete copy of the 3 1/2" floppy version of SimFarm for $3 at Goodwill today. Always a fan of the SimCity games, but I'm not sure if this is any good.

Hopefully you are going to turn it into a rare download. The rest of us can't play 3 1/2" floppies anymore.

yes, good idea

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

I wrote in another thread but I ordered an Eltale Monsters cart.
It is the Japanese version of Quest 64, supposedly better than the western versions. And not just because it is said to have built-in save memory.

KingMike

the_shpydar

This arrived today:

Untitled

Wanderers from Ys (Ys III) (SNES)

Looking forward to how it compares to the Genesis version. From the few minutes i checked it out (to make sure it worked, lol), the Genny version's music and sound is definitely better; also i prefer the Genny menu system. Graphics are a bit smoother on the SNES, though.

Also, i find it funny that the end-label for the game actually says "Wanderers From Ys III".

Meanwhile, just got notified that the translated repro cart of Ys IV (SNES) i ordered was finally shipped out today. Huzzah!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

Just wanted to quick pop in and say: Wow, Crystalis looks like crap, no matter what I use or what I put it on. I even checked a "you know what" and can definitely say it's the way the stupid game was programmed. Artifacting, a big side border that off-centers the screen, and the scrolling making things obviously appear way too late. It's all very distracting. I thought I had a bum cart for a second...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

KingMike

Now I ordered a CI copy of Ys III for SNES.

Looking up footage of both on youtube. A Genesis game with better music than its SNES version?! (Insert Luke Skywalker clip)
Just looked up the TGCD version also to compare. Well, yeah, you expect better music from a CD version. Although I see they probably did need to create some chip music tracks as I don't think the TG can use the CD to play both music and voice tracks at the same time.
And then there is the Famicom version... probably the least known because it was never even released outside Japan (at least of the versions on 8/16-bit consoles America has heard of ). While it probably can't throw as many enemies at you at once like others, it looks like it takes longer to level-up. Not sure if that balances out the game too much as I hadn't played much of it.

KingMike

LinktotheFuture

Bases Loaded II: Second Season for $2.99.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

KingMike

I had also ordered a disc-only copy of Einhander for PS1. AFAIK one of the few PS games Square-Enix hasn't released on PSN. That game is getting expensive.

KingMike

Brutapode89

@KingMike Oh. I thought it was a RPG.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

the_shpydar

It has finally arrived!

Untitled
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES fan-translation repro cart)

And @ogo79, i totally see what you meant about the odd cartridge shell used for the repros, with the little "fake" screw thingies.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

StarBoy91

@the_shpydar - yay!!! Enjoy one of the best 16-bit RPGs of yesteryear! My number one favorite Ys installment ever. Have fun!

looks closely at cover
Really? Ys: Mask of the Sun IV is how it's being presented on the case? Repro men, you had one job!

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

the_shpydar

WanderFan91 wrote:

looks closely at cover
Really? Ys: Mask of the Sun IV is how it's being presented on the case? Repro men, you had one job!

I think it's supposed to be like the "Ys IV" is the background, while the "Mask of the Sun" is in the foreground.
for "Modern Family" fans: like the "Slow Down Your Neighbors" signs that Claire made in that one episode

But better than that is the end-label says "Y's IV Mask of the Sun", using the "classic" apostrophe-style spelling that was used on the Master System cart.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

It has finally arrived!

Untitled
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES fan-translation repro cart)

And @ogo79, i totally see what you meant about the odd cartridge shell used for the repros, with the little "fake" screw thingies.

lol yep, dont try to remove them, i tried one screw, they are decor only. i was told the carts just open up. thats cool though.
when we were talking about those a while back, i forgot to show you how it looked. ah well you see now lol
youll probably end up beating it by this saturday

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

RancidVomit86

I return after my long break. Got all of this for $11and yes that's a Nomad I scored for $5.

Untitled

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

Some anime mini-game thing called Wedding Peach for the Super Famicom CIB. Shortly after I started to wonder why I clicked that BIN button. At least it was cheap with shipping.

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic