Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 3,301 to 3,320 of 3,454

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

3,301. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Good luck beating Viewtiful Joe. That game's hard...

Try breating it's sequel...I finished both. :*

Ironically I found the sequel easier outside of some spots, despite playing it first. Those "spots" however, were some of the most rediculously frustrating sections I've ever delt with, though.

This would be the number 1 "spot" imo. ;)

I spent hours trying to figure him out, even when you nail down the pattern he still poses one hell of a challenge. Difficulty aside, I didn't find VJ2 quite as enjoyable or as memorable as the first and Synthia i found was a weak addition. Perhaps if i had played VJ2 first then VJ my opnion would be the exact opposite....maybe......Just maybe....Nah :P VJ is one of the greatest capcom games ever made.....That nobody bought.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

3,302. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

That could be a contender for longest game title, if you're like the people who could a SNES fighting game's full title "Hey Punk! Are you Tuff E Nuff?"

Although I did save one copy of Viewtiful Joe from Best Buy's junk bin, I suppose it's not a real rescue until it gets played? :)
I'm not sure if this one copy of Nights Wii I didn't buy from them deserved its fate of being bound to two Barbie games, I think it was.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Byron-3D

3,303. Posted:

I got myself a Gameboy Advance SP AGS-101 that's battered and in need of some tlc, I got my new shell come for it today so il be fitting that later and also changing the power LED to blue wile I'm at it. Think I might have a play through of Minish Cap to celebrate and brake it in.

Living in an 8-Bit World!
My ever growing backlog!
PSN: Nin10do_B
Check Mii Out

3DS Friend Code: 0259-1099-8754 | Nintendo Network ID: Nin10do_B

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scarhino89

3,304. Posted:

Picked up--

  • Tekken 3 (PS1)
  • Vagrant Story (PS1)
  • Soul Reaver 2 (PS2)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

3,305. Posted:

Got a complete copy of the 3 1/2" floppy version of SimFarm for $3 at Goodwill today. Always a fan of the SimCity games, but I'm not sure if this is any good.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,306. Posted:

Grabbed Crystalis and Little Nemo for the NES. Always wanted these ones. Heck, they were the reason I got an NES. Didn't cost me that much, either.

Only NES games I need still are Metal Storm (good luck with that), Contra (available, but always expensive), and maybe a licensed game like Darwing Duck or something like that...would also be nice if I could play Kid Dracula, but I don't want to get a Famicom just for that...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

3,307. Posted:

Finally got an english Yoshi's Island along with Super Bomberman (just beat it a while ago) for the SNES and Galactic Pinball for the Virtual Boy. Had to give away an ultra rare game though so I could get money but at least I got a few gems along with it. Totally worth it.
Untitled

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

3,308. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Grabbed Crystalis and Little Nemo for the NES. Always wanted these ones. Heck, they were the reason I got an NES. Didn't cost me that much, either.

Only NES games I need still are Metal Storm (good luck with that), Contra (available, but always expensive), and maybe a licensed game like Darwing Duck or something like that...would also be nice if I could play Kid Dracula, but I don't want to get a Famicom just for that...

The Rescue Rangers games on the NES are classics. I highly recommend them.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

3,309. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

Finally got an english Yoshi's Island along with Super Bomberman (just beat it a while ago) for the SNES and Galactic Pinball for the Virtual Boy. Had to give away an ultra rare game though so I could get money but at least I got a few gems along with it. Totally worth it.

Gave away an ultra-rare game for Yoshi's Island? Hope it wasn't a good game at least. :(
(YI's a good game and it's good you're playing the original version but those are all reasonably common games)

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

3,310. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Grabbed Crystalis and Little Nemo for the NES. Always wanted these ones. Heck, they were the reason I got an NES. Didn't cost me that much, either.

Only NES games I need still are Metal Storm (good luck with that), Contra (available, but always expensive), and maybe a licensed game like Darwing Duck or something like that...would also be nice if I could play Kid Dracula, but I don't want to get a Famicom just for that...

ive been trying to decide what game to play this weekend, and nemo is one im thinking about playing. or double dragon or kid klown. one of those nes games. you can get kid dracula on nes cart form...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,311. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

you can get kid dracula on nes cart form...

Kid Dracula only had one place doing repros, and they discontinued it years ago. I couldn't even find one on eBay, and I betcha if I did it would be expensive...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

3,312. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

you can get kid dracula on nes cart form...

Kid Dracula only had one place doing repros, and they discontinued it years ago. I couldn't even find one on eBay, and I betcha if I did it would be expensive...

theyre still out there lol
sometimes i think im the only guy here with all the connects/underground news or search skills.
another reason for all my undercover haters to hate more. love yall guys :*

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

3,313. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Karakato wrote:

Finally got an english Yoshi's Island along with Super Bomberman (just beat it a while ago) for the SNES and Galactic Pinball for the Virtual Boy. Had to give away an ultra rare game though so I could get money but at least I got a few gems along with it. Totally worth it.

Gave away an ultra-rare game for Yoshi's Island? Hope it wasn't a good game at least. :(
(YI's a good game and it's good you're playing the original version but those are all reasonably common games)

It was Space Invaders Virtual Collection for the virtual boy in CIB condition. I was also given a considerable amount of money so I'm good. I needed it anyway.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

3,314. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Got a complete copy of the 3 1/2" floppy version of SimFarm for $3 at Goodwill today. Always a fan of the SimCity games, but I'm not sure if this is any good.

Hopefully you are going to turn it into a rare download. The rest of us can't play 3 1/2" floppies anymore.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

3,315. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Got a complete copy of the 3 1/2" floppy version of SimFarm for $3 at Goodwill today. Always a fan of the SimCity games, but I'm not sure if this is any good.

Hopefully you are going to turn it into a rare download. The rest of us can't play 3 1/2" floppies anymore.

yes, good idea

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

3,316. Posted:

I wrote in another thread but I ordered an Eltale Monsters cart.
It is the Japanese version of Quest 64, supposedly better than the western versions. And not just because it is said to have built-in save memory.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

3,317. Posted:

This arrived today:

Untitled

Wanderers from Ys (Ys III) (SNES)

Looking forward to how it compares to the Genesis version. From the few minutes i checked it out (to make sure it worked, lol), the Genny version's music and sound is definitely better; also i prefer the Genny menu system. Graphics are a bit smoother on the SNES, though.

Also, i find it funny that the end-label for the game actually says "Wanderers From Ys III". :D

Meanwhile, just got notified that the translated repro cart of Ys IV (SNES) i ordered was finally shipped out today. Huzzah! :)

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

3,318. Posted:

@the_shpydar
:)

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,319. Posted:

Just wanted to quick pop in and say: Wow, Crystalis looks like crap, no matter what I use or what I put it on. I even checked a "you know what" and can definitely say it's the way the stupid game was programmed. Artifacting, a big side border that off-centers the screen, and the scrolling making things obviously appear way too late. It's all very distracting. I thought I had a bum cart for a second...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

3,320. Posted:

Now I ordered a CI copy of Ys III for SNES.

Looking up footage of both on youtube. A Genesis game with better music than its SNES version?! (Insert Luke Skywalker clip)
Just looked up the TGCD version also to compare. Well, yeah, you expect better music from a CD version. Although I see they probably did need to create some chip music tracks as I don't think the TG can use the CD to play both music and voice tracks at the same time.
And then there is the Famicom version... probably the least known because it was never even released outside Japan (at least of the versions on 8/16-bit consoles America has heard of :) ). While it probably can't throw as many enemies at you at once like others, it looks like it takes longer to level-up. Not sure if that balances out the game too much as I hadn't played much of it.

KingMike