Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 3,281 to 3,300 of 3,542

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,281. Posted:

@KingMike gunners heaven is out only in japan, what a surprise.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

3,282. Posted:

@ogo79's: Those look like some pretty sweet PS games, to bad my PS and PS3 are not region free for PS games.

So enough about Sony, back to Nintendo:
This one is such a gem, still has the plastic on the box:
Untitled

And another classic SNES RPG:
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,283. Posted:

It bugged me that the Lufia ad said "your actions determine the outcome of the opening story" (I think that's what was changed to "Battle in the opening story" on the box). It made it sound like you could play an alternate storyline if you lose the intro (which is something you pretty much have to be TRYING to do). But nope, you just get the game over screen and get sent back to the entrance.

Sadly I only have a cart with dead battery (got for like $20 in the early 2000s) and the manual (which cost about the same in the late 2000s).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,284. Posted:

the only thing i dislike about taxan is their knack of having 3 different difficulty settings within each game. each time they are like "you should try another difficulty" lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

3,285. Posted:

@KingMike: Ha, I thought "Battle in the opening story!" was a weird thing to advertise on the box.
@ogo79: I didn't see a difficulty select on the title screen, will G.. Joe tell me that after I beat it?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,286. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@KingMike: Ha, I thought "Battle in the opening story!" was a weird thing to advertise on the box.
@ogo79: I didn't see a difficulty select on the title screen, will G.. Joe tell me that after I beat it?

oh yeah my bad. each ending teases you. its the taxan way. blame ken lobb, hes behind the madness. hes the one that had that fine, fine gun called the klobb in golden eye named after him for our most beloved "retro" system ever...the n64!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

3,287. Posted:

I pick up Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune for the Nintendo ds this week.

My Youtube channel!

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2766-8363 | Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage

Falchion

3,288. Posted:

Last weekend I picked up Aladdin (SNES, with manual), F Zero (SNES) and Viewtiful Joe (GCN). I am enjoying all three of these games and I have already beaten Aladdin.

Falchion

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,289. Posted:

Good luck beating Viewtiful Joe. That game's hard...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,290. Posted:

Put in a few more orders.
Might & Magic III CIB and Obitus CI for SNES. Nearly a full SNES RPG library now (either SNES or SFC, not necessarily both). I think I only miss Ultima VII (probably going to be expensive) and Brandish 2 (probably not expensive). I am excluding the one PAL-exclusive I know of because I have no compatible hardware (Might & Magic II, as I read the English version is a separate port than the Japanese). I think I mentioned no one region got all the first three games on Nintendo hardware. :P
Taz-Mania and Daffy Duck for Game Boy loose. I did enjoy Looney Tunes when I was a kid. Decent side-scroller but typical of Sunsoft nice music (I recall the Tweety song was particularly good). Going to see if the other Sunsoft LT games hold up.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,291. Posted:

How old does a game have to be for it to be considered retro?

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legendary Starfy, Pac-Man World, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, SteamWorld Dig and Wario Land 4.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

3,292. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

However old you want, I guess. I consider Dreamcast and before retro.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,293. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

these days, if yer going by indy game companies with all this faux retro in it, then on release date. :D

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

3,294. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Try breating it's sequel...I finished both. :*

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

3,295. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

these days, if yer going by indy game companies with all this faux retro in it, then on release date. :D

Them funny indie critters, constantly stealing ideas from classic franchises and layering them in cheap Flash visuals.
Example number 1 >
Untitled
ReVen = Metroid

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

3,296. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Them funny indie critters, constantly stealing ideas from classic franchises and layering them in cheap Flash visuals.
Here's an example

Untitled
ReVen = Metroid

That, or using completely fake-looking faux 8-Bit style, over and over and over and over.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

3,297. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Here's an example

Untitled
ReVen = Metroid

That, or using completely fake-looking faux 8-Bit style, over and over and over and over.

Tell me about it. These no-name indie devs are just flat out lazy and use visual retro asthetics to lour in the nostalgia nerds. It's a lot easier to lets say make a short 8-bit or flash animated game these days for the 3DS eShop. Most are uninspired copy cats at the core, with little else to offer other than a new skin. Yet everything(Audio, Visuals, presentation ect) always winds up being inferior to the game they're stealing from.

Shovel Knight is an exception to the rule. It feels like a legit NES game and screams of quality. I guess you could say it's in league with the mighty "Mega Man 9"

Braid is also another one worth checking out. ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,298. Posted:

@WaveBoy 8BitSamurais favorite series is call of duty.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

3,299. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@WaveBoy 8BitSamurais favorite series is call of duty.

I always thought it was PO'ed

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,300. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Try breating it's sequel...I finished both. :*

Ironically I found the sequel easier outside of some spots, despite playing it first. Those "spots" however, were some of the most rediculously frustrating sections I've ever delt with, though.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~