Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 3,261 to 3,280 of 3,603

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,261. Posted:

Man, those Master System boxes are butt ugly. It doesn't get anymore uninspired and bluh than that! :P
Anyways, great buys as always Shypder!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,262. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Gun.Smoke (NES) - I love this game; also, i blame @8bitSamurai for mentioning it in chat and thereby making me buy it when i saw it. :D

oh dont worry im gonna charge him out the rear for that copy of battle kid. it went from free to "mortgage my house status"

the_shpydar wrote:

<yet another copy of> E.T. (Atari 2600) - Because i gotta catch 'em all.

:*

the_shpydar wrote:

Meanwhile, still waiting on my Ys IV cart ...

:)

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,263. Posted:

I've accepted the fact that i will never own Little Samson.....Never....Well, unless i'm drunk out of my mind with over $700 in the bank and decide to make an ultra stupid eBay purchase of course! ;) That's one game that needs to make it's debut on the Wii U's VC, same deal with Bubble Bobble 2 and Resteraunt panic.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,264. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I've accepted the fact that i will never own Little Samson.....Never....Well, unless i'm drunk out of my mind with over $700 in the bank and decide to make an ultra stupid eBay purchase of course! ;)

you can alternatively get the famicom cart.
or i can rent mine to you for 3 days, just like back in the days! but shipping to cananda will be 700$ :D
dude, just buy the damn cart

But then i'd have to buy a famicom....aka, Star Screams missing body part. ;)
I'd rather rent it from you for 3 days, but i worry that there will be crusty belly button dorito goop stuck in the pins.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,265. Posted:

you can alternatively get the famicom carts for little samson and panic restaurant.
or i can rent both to you for 3 days, just like back in the days! but shipping to cananda will be 700$ :D
edit

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,266. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Time once again for another episode of The ShpydarhaulTM:

Untitled

Gun.Smoke (NES) - I love this game; also, i blame @8bitSamurai for mentioning it in chat and thereby making me buy it when i saw it. :D

That game actually has two different covers. I think yours is the less common (but it didn't seem like it was actually "rare" but if it was I'm sure ogo would find some way to add rare covers to his rare downloads program).
(unless you already knew that and collect cover variants besides just 2600)
Mine is the more common red cover.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,267. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

That game actually has two different covers. I think yours is the less common (but it didn't seem like it was actually "rare" but if it was I'm sure ogo would find some way to add rare covers to his rare downloads program).

oh. ive found a way. as long as i see even a small window of opportunity to step on someone elses toes to advance in life thats what im going to do.
its like lobsters in a boiling pot of water. they all climb on each other to make it out the hot water by using each other as a stepping stool.
see you guys at the top!
i mean bottom :D
rare downloads 4 lyfe-"spend yer money on us"

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,268. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

you can alternatively get the famicom carts for little samson and panic restaurant.
or i can rent both to you for 3 days, just like back in the days! but shipping to cananda will be 700$ :D
edit

As long as your rental service ships free crystal pepsi and turtle pies in advance,
then i'm down like Pseudo Echoes funky town. ;)

AuthorMessage

3DS_excel

3,269. Posted:

Have recently bought an n64 with goldeneye (of course). Also brought an old CRT to play it on. It's great! Gonna get some 4 player Goldeneye on the go tomorrow. And I have WWF No Mercy already on its way in the post :-)

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,270. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

As long as your rental service ships free crystal pepsi and turtle pies in advance,

how about this instead?
Untitled
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,271. Posted:

Wait, back up:

You saying Gun.Smoke is a good game? Crap, I saw that for $15 at a store the other day! Dunno when I'll have a chance to go back there, actually...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,272. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, back up:

You saying Gun.Smoke is a good game? Crap, I saw that for $15 at a store the other day! Dunno when I'll have a chance to go back there, actually...

It's pretty fun. $15 is probably the highest you'd have to pay for it though. It's not too rare so the asking price usually ranges from $5-10.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,273. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, back up:

Pretty fun, the only downside is, perhaps unavoidable control limitations. To shoot anything you have to move to the side and push A or B to shoot at 45 degrees or push them together to shoot head-on (which is kind of uncomfortable to do constantly). The PS2/Xbox port of the arcade version does use three buttons like it should.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,274. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

how about this instead?
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

AuthorMessage

Ryno

3,275. Posted:

Yo dudes! My latest:

Untitled
Whoops, sorry, thought this was PushSquare.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,276. Posted:

@Ryno
nice score. silhouette mirage is difficult lol. make sure you mix yer mountain dew with red bull

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,277. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno
nice score. silhouette mirage is difficult lol. make sure you mix yer mountain dew with red bull

I can't believe Silhouette Mirage escaped my tweenage mega mits back when we suffered through that nasty first wave of 32-bit 3D CrazyCringe sauce. Seemed right up my alley too. Oh well, Rayman, Mega Man 8, MMX4, MMX5 & Tomba! were all great 2D fun in the sun. :*

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,278. Posted:

I have to say, I'm always astonished by Waveboy's vernacular.

Anyways, I bought SaGa Frontier. Again. Guess I got rid of my old copy. Which kind of works out since I thought I was getting SaGa Frontier II, but that's just the case the game is coming in. So now I'm going to have the right game in the wrong box, and now have to be on the look out for a SaGa Frontier case and manual without the disc...

Have I mentioned I hate eBay?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,279. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno

I can't believe Silhouette Mirage escaped my tweenage mega mits back when we suffered through that nasty first wave of 32-bit 3D CrazyCringe sauce. Seemed right up my alley too. Oh well, Rayman, Mega Man 8, MMX4, MMX5 & Tomba! were all great 2D fun in the sun. :*

sony japan didnt have the myth that america had about 2d games. japan had a lot of 2d ps1 games...

some of these can hit around 200 dollars or over :*

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,280. Posted:

I thought Gunner's Heaven was released on PSN, but it looks like I'm probably wrong.
I must've confused it because there was a PAL version called Rapid Reload but the game I must've confused it with that is on PSN is Rapid Angel (a Japanese-only sidescroller that looks good and is probably worth getting anyways. I checked on what a physical copy would cost me and it was looking like $80 at least. :P )
I'm sure people have requested someone like Monkey Paw to get Little Ralph on PSN but it looks like that's not happening.

KingMike