Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 4,850

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

you should buy as many atlantis 1 games as you have et carts. youll find one that way

That's the plan!

i was part serious about that
it sounds like a good plan.
its like buying the whole roll of scratch off lottery tickets to find "the one"
but this plan is more awesome.
if theres one man who can find the lost city of atlantis it is you.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RancidVomit86

Some of my recent grabs.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

ogo79

@WaveWarlock
id keep checking ebay from time to time. thats where i got mine. they were even hard to search for...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@mystman12
i used to have virtua racing for the 32x. when it came out i got it for 100$ lol

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

@mystman12
i used to have virtua racing for the 32x. when it came out i got it for 100$ lol

I thought the 32X version was supposed to have been cheaper than the Genesis? (well, except for of course, having to buy a 32X )
I know the Genesis version was the only enhancement-chip game for the system but wasn't the 32X able to run the game on its own?

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@mystman12

I thought the 32X version was supposed to have been cheaper than the Genesis? (well, except for of course, having to buy a 32X )
I know the Genesis version was the only enhancement-chip game for the system but wasn't the 32X able to run the game on its own?

i got it at funco back in the day, that probably explains the price lol. all i know is that i popped in the 32x version in my 32x and it worked. lol

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

WaveyChristmas wrote:

I've given up searching for these Sega genesis controller button membranes. Word of mouth says they only spring up once in a blue moon on eBay.

ill keep an eye out for you on that

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

I actually now own a CIB Taito America NES game...?
And it's an RPG...?
I think one game fits that: Dungeon Magic. Nice condition and complete with map and even the Nintendo Power card.
(apparently made by Natsume so if it wasn't so unknown it probably would've been on VC)

KingMike

ggnorekthx

Hello gang~
Haven't posted on the boards before, but a retro topic was something I couldn't resist.
I'd consider myself sort of a "casual collector." I know what's what mostly, and I'll pay for things I want, but my tastes are specific and I'm not rich
Anyways, my last purchase was probably Vigilante 8: Second Offense for the N64. Unlike WaveyChristmas, I actually think the N64 (in general) has aged really well. Games like Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Diddy Kong Racing play smooth as butter if you ask me. Also, Pilotwings 64! Then again I'm biased, I think the N64 is my favorite system, or a very close second to the 3DS.

Fun Fact: I own mint copies of every single Nintendo Adventure Book Only 12 in the series, but the later ones can be somewhat hard to find. One of the cool things I own. I also have a really cool Valiant Nintendo comic book - A Super Mario one that came with an audio cassette to listen along with. Valiant made quite a few issues but the cassette ones are hard to find.

So glad I found this thread, will be following.

ggnorekthx

RabidPikachu

Last year I finally got a real copy of Sega Genesis' Phantasy Star 2 only to find that while I can still play it, I cannot erase the previous owners data or create new save files. I think the save battery is gone out but I can still pick up from other files. Have the same problem with Sonic 3. I think it might also be my Dollar General clone that's doing it. They're still fun though.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

KingMike

I don't know what Phantasy Star II uses, but I think Sonic 3 uses FlashRAM instead of normal battery-backup RAM.
But it sounds like it is a problem with the clone. If a dead battery was a problem, you wouldn't read any saves at all.

KingMike

mystman12

So today I got a Sonic 2 cart, but the main attraction is a Game Boy Camera!

Seriously, it's like one of the most amazing things Nintendo's ever made, both technologically and software-wise. The technology must have been pretty crazy for the time, (When it was released, it made the Guinness world record for the smallest camera) and like all Nintendo products, it's jam-packed with content. You don't just take photos, there are a ton of extra features that allow you to do so much, and it's pretty crazy considering the limitations. Not to mention just how weird and wacky and... creepy... it is. Got it for just $5 too!

Sadly, there was only one photo left on it from whoever had it before, and it was completely blank. Would have been cool if someone had pictures of their house or something. There was a game face of someone though!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

KingMike

More SNES games: Incredible Hulk cart, manual, Choplifter III cart, Doraemon 2 and Sailor Moon both CIB.
(don't know why about Sailor Moon, one of the less interesting beat-em-ups I've played.
The worst is Legend, and I wonder what happened to the price on that game? o_O )

KingMike

NinjaWaddleDee

Currently I am trying to snatch up a copy of super metroid. How much do you guys recommend I pay for it? I'm seeing it for 50 to 70 bucks at most online retailers for the cartridge. I already own and love the game on VC but I would like a physical copy.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

the_shpydar

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Currently I am trying to snatch up a copy of super metroid. How much do you guys recommend I pay for it? I'm seeing it for 50 to 70 bucks at most online retailers for the cartridge. I already own and love the game on VC but I would like a physical copy.

If it's just the cart, i personally wouldn't pay more than $15-$20 (and honestly, i probably wouldn't even pay that, but that's just me personally)

But you'll probably never find it listed for that price. It's one of those SNES games that always gets hit with a premium price, even if it really shouldn't (like Link to the Past), since it's a very popular and beloved game.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

star wars episode 3 revenge of the sith-gba
teenage mutant ninja turtles 2-nes
teenage mutant ninja turtles 3-nes

the_shpydar wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee

the_shpydar wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

If it's just the cart, i personally wouldn't pay more than $15-$20 (and honestly, i probably wouldn't even pay that, but that's just me personally)

But you'll probably never find it listed for that price. It's one of those SNES games that always gets hit with a premium price, even if it really shouldn't (like Link to the Past), since it's a very popular and beloved game.

Thanks for replying. It sucks that I can't find it anywhere for that price you talked about. 😢 Ah well... I don't wanna waste my money, but I love that dang game.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Nicolai

@dumedum
@mystman13
@WaveyChristmas

Thank you for your suggestions. I don't own a Wii, only a Wii U, so I had to buy a Gamecube to play the games. I currently bought Four Swords Adventures, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Mario Sunshine. You guys had a lot of suggestions, and I couldn't possibly try them all, but I think I'll try Kirby Air Ride Next, followed by Pikmin, Warioware, and maybe Prince of Persia and Wave Race. I might have to keep it at that, though. I'm not very into survival horrors, superheroes, or gritty stuff in general.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic