Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 4,850

KingMike

My one recent retro purchase would be Gauntlet for NES, "licensed" version.
Though I kind of wonder what the pedantic who believe Nintendo would call it, as Nintendo has denounced Tengen as ever releasing any licensed games.
"ex-licensed"?
I probably overpaid, as the unlicensed version seems to be more abundant and cheaper.

KingMike

Ryno

@KingMike: But more expensive versions are always better, for a collector anyway.

Picked up Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures. I recently realized it was developed by Factor 5 so I knew I had to get it. Plus, who didn't want to be Indiana Jones as a kid of the 80's?
Untitled

Also, doesn't really count here but recently downloaded Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on my PS3 when they were on sale last week. My PS3 is quite the retro Sega machine.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

taito legends 1 for ps2 just for ninja kids...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

CanisWolfred wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

taito legends 1 for ps2 just for ninja kids...

I'm sorry what? Great, now I need Taito Legends 1. Took me forever to find 2...

I'd expect 1 should be easier to find. I recall when I bought 2, it was labeled a GameStop exclusive but I think I might've seen it later at Best Buy.
So, it's just Legends 2 that has 4 games exclusive to PS2 and 4 games excluded from PS2 (Xbox/PC only. Though I have the PC version, I've been hesitant to install it because I hear it uses a common popular but malware-ish copy-protection software. )

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

RancidVomit86

Untitled

Not retro but I also snagged WWE 2K14 for 360 for $2.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Nicolai

I just recently bought a Gamecube online. Since I got a Gamecube controller with Super Smash Bros., I thought I'd buy a cheap console that works with it. I don't know if it works yet or not, but if it does, what games should I buy for it? I want to finally play Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, and Luigi's Mansion. I already have Wind Waker on the Wii U.

EDIT: Also, I bought Mega Man and Mega Man 2 on the 3DS eShop.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Tasuki

WaveWarlock wrote:

Just scored a Sega Genesis Model 1 from eBay.
No games, just the console itself, original 3 button controller, power cable and Coaxile cable.
Untitled

So are you going to hang on to this one or are you going to sell it in a few months?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

dumedum

Nicolai wrote:

I just recently bought a Gamecube online. Since I got a Gamecube controller with Super Smash Bros., I thought I'd buy a cheap console that works with it. I don't know if it works yet or not, but if it does, what games should I buy for it? I want to finally play Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, and Luigi's Mansion. I already have Wind Waker on the Wii U.

I've been playing GameCube games on the Wii.
Some of the games I played and recommend getting:
Luigi's Mansion that you mentioned
Mario Gold Toadstool Tour
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Rampage: Total Destruction (and not the Wii version)
Wave Race: Blue Storm
And Melee and Double Dash! of course.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader - highly recommended by people, still didn't like it yet.
Pikmin I suggest to play on the Wii. Although even that I didn't like because of the time pressure.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

mystman12

Nicolai wrote:

Don't forget Kirby Air Ride. That game is a must have for anyone who likes multiplayer. If you're playing solo on the other hand, I can't recommend it that much.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

dumedum

WaveWarlock wrote:

Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

These two can played on the Wii. RE4 has to be played on the Wii!

Paper Mario Thousand year end door

Very true. Slipped my mind.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

ogo79

got a real clean black gamecube for my gba games, now when i play mother 3 i can open my blinds and people can see it on my 700 inch tv and i can make them pissed.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

@WaveWarlock: I thought the GC was a pretty solid system. I liked it better the the N64. For one thing I think the Gamecube has the best third party support for a Nintendo system since the NES/SNES days. I thought multiplatform games like Soul Caliber II ran and look better on the GC then the PS2 or the Xbox, and games like WWE Day of Reckoning I will take over their other system counterparts any day of the week. Yeah the GC didn't have the multiple uses that a PS2 or Xbox had, DVD playback, online but I bought the Gamecube to play games not watch movies IMO the Gamecube was the last pure video game system before all we get is multimedia devices like nowadays.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StarBoy91

So this is my fourth Game Boy purchase this year, and the fifth one overall which I imported from Japan which I got today: Tokyo Disneyland: Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, GRC's kinda/sorta sequel to their Super Famicom platformer Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken. The balloon gameplay elements are intact, and I liked how there was a nonlinear structure to it as opposed to be rather straightforward, and for Game Boy standards the areas look fantastic... but it's rather short (and I got it a few hours ago). There is replay value, but this is a game I'll have to play more of (difficulty settings vary) in order to form a proper opinion on it (then again, I am more partial to Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken, so maybe that's why I sound a bit--but not entirely--disappointed). I liked it enough, I just expected a bit more, I suppose; I'm glad I played it though, it was worth the wait. On the bright side, this is the best Mickey Mouse platformer I played that was made for the Game Boy; it's actually fun and decently structured unlike Mickey's Dangerous Chase, at least.

Oh, fun fact: this isn't the only Tokyo Disneyland title which Tomy published for the Game Boy. In fact, this is the first of two; the second being Tokyo Disneyland: Fantasy Tour by Tose (according to The Cutting Room Floor), which is more a series of mini-games revolving around Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. I know this because I imported that one this summer mistakenly under the impression that it was the platformer. It wasn't until after I got it that I found out there were two entirely different games. The more you know.

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

got a real clean black gamecube for my gba games, now when i play mother 3 i can open my blinds and people can see it on my 700 inch tv and i can make them pissed.

700 inches, huh?
You gonna open a theater where people can come watch you play Mother 3?
... although that sounds more interesting than what theaters are currently playing...

KingMike

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

Only 700"? You must have downgraded when you moved back to Corpus.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

@KingMike
id rather them just stare through my window, it would give me a sense of feeling more in control. peering in my window out of desperation would make me feel more powerful.
@the_shpydar
yeah times is hard son!
also got this so when mother 4 comes out i can use one of my snes controllers:
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&product...
this totally matches my gamecube one as well:
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&product...
for the rest of the world i leave you all with this:
yer mommas breath stinks so bad she eats listerine popsicles

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

The Dual Shock 2 had one feature over the PS1 I believe: pressure-sensitive buttons.
Though the only game I personally played to use that feature was Star Ocean 3, and even then it was only for one dungeon at the end of the first disc. (though I never actually finished that game)

KingMike

SuperWiiU

KingMike wrote:

The Dual Shock 2 had one feature over the PS1 I believe: pressure-sensitive buttons.
Though the only game I personally played to use that feature was Star Ocean 3, and even then it was only for one dungeon at the end of the first disc. (though I never actually finished that game)

Never played any of the Metal Gear Solid games then? There definitely are more than a few games that use it. But most are in ways you don't easily notice or if you do they annoy you.

@WaveWarlock: Do get Outbreak File 2, it's a great survival horror game with survival being a key part of the gameplay and all levels have multiple endings possible. The first one is good too, but has very long loading times for each section.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic