Showing 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,602

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,201. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Finally nabbed a copy of:
Untitled
Beamrider (Atari 2600)

And with that, all i have left is the ever-elusive variant-label version of Skiing for the full Activision 2600 set!

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,202. Posted:

There's thunder and lightning outside my house.
I'm sure it'll find its way into my mailbox in a few days.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,203. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

There's thunder and lightning outside my house.
I'm sure it'll find its way into my mailbox in a few days.

you must have ordered a sega genesis, its just powerful like that.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,204. Posted:

Or an obscure Arkanoid clone for the NES (though I passed up its Famicom counterpart Family Block many times on another site before someone else bought it). I don't know if you heard of it, probably unlikely anybody else has. :D

I also ordered an obscure JP-exclusive RPG for the GBA, Chocovader. Sadly Namco probably has not turned the Sith Lord into the lord of milk chocolate. But it does seem to be some cartoony RPG with a turn-based system reminding me of Super Mario RPG, except adding some super-ultra-move bar that can only charged by making Timed Hits, or whatever they call them in this game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

3,205. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Chocovader. Sadly Namco probably has not turned the Sith Lord into the lord of milk chocolate.

Or HAVE they?
Untitled
:D

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,206. Posted:

A 1988 'Applause' 9" ET Plushie!
This would go nicely with The_Shpyder's Mountain of crusty E.T Atari 2600 carts. ;)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,207. Posted:

I received Thunder & Lightning for the NES, but the case was a bit cracked. Not enough to make it unplayable (thankfully) but I do have a hole in the top.
Kind of a cheap game (probably would pay what it's worth if I wanted to try to exchange) so I thought I'd just swap cases with another game, so I went to a store to find something.
I had intended to use Track & Field II, but I also picked up a Fester's Quest I thought about playing, and I realize that one is in pretty crappy shape as well (label with fading and major tears and writing on the back) possibly making a better swap choice.
And I also got a loose FireShark for Genesis.

Received a Mega Man ZX cover art/manual I ordered. Put in the case of a card-only Rocket Slime (I remember right after I got that I had found anoter NIB at nearly the same price) I have and realize those GameStop cases are kind of cheap compared to the official. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,208. Posted:

I almost bought FireShark once. Let me know how it is if you get to it this century. :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

edhe

3,209. Posted:

Earlier today, I received my copy of P.T.O II, with box and manual (61 pages of in-depth guidance - those were the days).

At the moment, it might as well be a pop tart because I'm yet to have received a SNES to play it on, let alone send it back off to be modded to allow it to play NTSC games on it.

But in the meantime, I'm going to give RotTK IV a go on my Wii U. I never really gave it a good shake, and it'll help me get the hang of playing an in-depth KOEI strategy game.

I plan to get Liberty or Death and KOEI's Civilization port for the SNES down the line. I played both games (plus one of the P.T.O games - I can't remember which) many years ago on an emulator, so I'm looking forward to playing them as they were intended (except I'll be sticking my finger up at the man and playing them on a PAL SNES).

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,210. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I almost bought FireShark once. Let me know how it is if you get to it this century. :P

I'm going on the assumption it's like SkyShark for the NES, except in 16-bit and probably not as good music.
(that was kind of fun, but wow if there was ever a pattern shooter)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

3,211. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

A 1988 'Applause' 9" ET Plushie!
This would go nicely with The_Shpyder's Mountain of crusty E.T Atari 2600 carts. ;)

Untitled

And if you're not down with that, we got 2 words 4 ya! SUCK IT!
Untitled

Sorry, my 90's wrestling fan self came out a little bit there.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,212. Posted:

Again way down on the backlog...
I've been hearing, since it was released, Astro Boy for GBA was one of the good license games. So I figure I better pick it up while the price is kind of up, before it becomes a Ninja 5-0 or something. Though I still have the SFC game lying around as well.
Did not buy the FC version as that one just seems BAD. Which a shame because it's by the company you'd expect to do the best job.

I think there's only one but I bought a Goemon game for PS2. Isn't that the one where Goemon ultimately lost his epilogue battle against SCEA? :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

3,213. Posted:

I pickup Pac-man World for the gameboy advance today.

My Youtube channel!

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2766-8363 | Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

3,214. Posted:

@Pianomanfreak - it's funny how Pac-Man World would make an appearance on the Game Boy Advance five years after its PlayStation One debut (that is quite a time gap). Only played the PSX original, but I looked up that some features were left out in the GBA port.

As for my latest retro purchase, today I got the Japanese Game Boy cart Tokyo Disneyland: Fantasy Tour. Funny thing: when I saw the Tomy logo on there, I thought (since they published a 16-bit Tokyo Disneyland) after having seen some platforming images on Google: "Oh, I guess this must be a little in league with the Super Famicom game Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken; I'm cool with that, as it's really a good game." But upon playing I realized it really wasn't, which had me absolutely floored. So I Googled "Game Boy Tokyo Disneyland" (since you can't trust Wikipedia to keep track of every single thing, even Japan-exclusive Disney games) and I discovered another one. There are two Tokyo Disneyland games for the Game Boy? I don't believe it! Oh well, I guess I can't complain as the game I got is not too bad (it's just very different as it's a series of mini-games): plus any classic Game Boy game that's Super Game Boy compatible is okay with me (unless it's a piece of crap like Toy Story for the Game Boy). :) Currently the Game Boy Tokyo Disneyland platformer isn't on eBay (from what I Googled it's the one with the green banner while the mini-game Tokyo Disneyland has a yellow banner), but if it pops up hopefully I'll be able to attain it, as I am curious as to how the balloon mechanics would've functioned outside the Super Famicom.

To each their own

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

3,215. Posted:

I just bought a vintage 1980's Unicorn sticker from our very own ogo79, but i had to fight for his double, and boy was it trouble. He has quite the My little pony and unicorn sticker collection. it would make any Samurai Pizza kitty blush in Dwacula delight.

Untitled

One thing The Never Ending Story taught me is that unicorns(er horses, sigh) are awesome. ;)
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/vE8mFDabqD0/maxresdefault.jpg
Especially when they're being engulfed in fantasy swamp!

Oh and i can't forget this wonderful little vintage MJ/ET trinket!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

3,216. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I just bought a vintage 1980's Unicorn sticker from our very own ogo79, but i had to fight for his double
Untitled

the reason i had a double is because im saving one to get it made into a tattoo

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

3,217. Posted:

Last buying spree
Outrunners and Shadow Dancer for Genesis, Swords and Serpents and Dash Galaxy for NES, GearWorks and Daedelion Opus for Game Boy from a store. All loose.
Looking up Outrunners arcade footage. WOW that game's fast. If there was once racing game besides F-Zero GX that could nearly give me motion-sickness, that's probably it. Not surprising the Genesis isn't going to come close to that frame rate, especially with always split-screen. :P
Advance Guardian Heroes new and Car Battler Joe CI from amazon. Surprised AGH is so cheap. Did they just make a ton of them and nobody wanted them (I can remember back in the day when unwanted copies of Gunstar Super Heroes were just sitting in Best Buy and GameStop for like $10)? Though Joe was not cheap. Seems like a decent game though. Some predict it another future-rare game.
Scooby-Doo SNES C and I from ebay. I hear this is among the license games that doesn't suck.
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers SNES loose. Average beat-em-up (typical Natsume quality: kind of fun but not super-great) but the price does seem to be on the rise.
Surprised to see one seller list Ninja Ryukenden GB and, under $20, it's not quickly sold. I'll take care of that. :D (so I heard that is another game that is uncommon for any version) Some says its actually a sequel to Shadow of the Ninja that Tecmo bought and rebranded. It certainly seems like it.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

3,218. Posted:

Scobby-Doo Mystery on the SNES is okay, it's not really that great (it's harmless). The inspection and non-linear level structure was neat, but it could've been a lot longer. I would've liked more than just four missions. Sound and visuals are awesome, though, faithful to the TV series.

To each their own

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

3,219. Posted:

My latest and greatest is....a NES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $7, at a thrift store with one game inside (City Connection) cost me about $40 more to get AV cables, AC adapter and a controller and one more game (3-1 Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and World Class Track and Field). System works, but I'll need to get the 72 pin connector fixed one of these days usually I have to jiggle the cart around to start a game. A temporary fix, but one I can live with for now. Overall, easily one of my best purchases so far this year

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,220. Posted:

Grabbed Odama on Gamecube for $4. Turns out the Mic is just the Gamecube mic Mario Party 7 came with, so I bought it without the mic at a discount.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~