Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 4,850

DoctorOverbuild

Its just a disc that let's you play imported games

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

KingMike

I thought it was a while back someone bought a copy of Mickey's Dangerous Chase for Game Boy.
I realized they never ported Rescue Rangers to the Game Boy, and I wonder if that game was similar enough for Capcom.
Can't otherwise explain why they'd port The Little Mermaid and even TaleSpin but not RR (which seemed like the most popular Capcom Disney NES game next to DuckTales).

And I don't know if I mentioned I realized that Brandish 2 Expert CIB I bought a little while back turned out to be a double (looks like I had a sunfaded copy already).

KingMike

RancidVomit86

Found these for $1 each today. Bought them cause I can dig some big box PC games.

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

the_shpydar

SHPYDARHAUL TIME, KIDDIES!

Untitled

Alias (Xbox) - I had once owned this, but traded it in when i was doing a pruning of my Xbox games when i got a 360. It's a decent action/stealth game, and honestly is probably exactly what you are picturing it to be. I'm a fan of the show (and back then i actually dated a girl who had her hair dyed fire-engine red and looked kind of like Jennifer Garner — yep, i'm a stud ), so it's got some extra enjoyment for me.

Atari Anthology (Xbox) - This too i had owned before The Pruning. While i have most (all?) of the included 2600 games on actual cart, this is such an excellent collection that i needed to have it again. The arcade version of games is an extra bonus.

Untitled

1942 (NES) - When i was a little larval Shpydar, i got so mad at this game that i threw it in the garbage can in frustration. I forgot to take it out, and then me and my friend went to go ride bikes or something. A few days later, i realized that my dad had taken out the garbage, so somewhere in a landfill is my old copy of this game.

Elevator Action (NES) - A great game. My cousin had it back in the day, and i would borrow it from him for months at a time. I could probably play this forever.

Robocop (NES) - Does this game suck? Supposedly. We shall see, because as any trap in the red light district can tell you, sucking can be bliss.

Untitled

Greendog The Beached Surfer Dude (Genesis) - I bought this purely based on the VGC's review. Seems like a decent fun game, plus it has major 90s cred just from the "Beached Surfer Dude" moniker.

The final retro shop purchase, because hey, you know me ...

Untitled

E.T. Interplanetary Mission (PS1) - I do not have a PS1. I do not have a PS2. I do not have a PS3. I have no way of playing this game, but you just know i had to buy it purely on principle.

Untitled

ColecoVision Flashback console - picked this up at Toys R Us before hitting the retro shop. I love that they made this thing, complete with authentic controllers and all. As a tangent, i will say that they also had a new Genesis Flashback system — it also has a cartridge slot for Genny games — that i was very tempted to buy, but held off since most of the built-in games i already have on cart or on Wii VC, and i have my Genny or R3 for carts. But if you're curious, i suggest buying it, if only b/c the built in games include both all 3 Streets of Rage games and all 3 Golden Axe games. Huzzah!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

But if you're curious, i suggest buying it, if only b/c the built in games include both all 3 Streets of Rage games and all 3 Golden Axe games. Huzzah!

lol i just told my friend the exact same thing last night. he says his mom threw away his old systems/games and he was thinking about getting this

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

But if you're curious, i suggest buying it, if only b/c the built in games include both all 3 Streets of Rage games and all 3 Golden Axe games. Huzzah!

lol i just told my friend the exact same thing last night. he says his mom threw away his old systems/games and he was thinking about getting this

Ha, nice.
I honestly almost bought it before i realized there was no reason for me to do so, between the Wii VC, my Genny and R3, and my GenMobile (which i will eventually fix the blown-out transistor).

But seriously, if there's anyone out there looking for a Genny or Genny-clone, buy this effin' thing. Obviously, the emulation is not perfect (it never is), but seriously. Unless you're going to buy an actual Genny and the carts (or unless you're just going to EMU — in that case i recommend using the Fusion multisystem Sega EMU, which is excellent), buy this damn thing.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RancidVomit86

Stopped at Goodwill on way home and found some more stuffs.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

the_shpydar

Shpydarhaul, special bonus edition:

I also picked this up:
Untitled
Pee-Wee's Playhouse (season 1 & 2) - easily my second or third favorite Saturday morning show of all time (the first + second and/or third are of course Dungeons & Dragons and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends). I shall be watching this show on my deathbed, shouting out the secret word, and wondering why Cowboy Curtis was trying to get Ted "Theodore" Logan to enter The Matrix.

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: Wow that Colecovision Flash back is nice. Let me know how you like it and what games it includes. I have always been interested in a Colecovision (not exactly sure why I never played one before but for some odd reason the system just fascinates me) . And is it me or does that thing that states Includes Authentically designed controllers looks alot like the Nintendo seal of approval?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
The Coleco Flashback is good, but it does have issues. There are of course the inherent controller problems (the annoying nature of the joystick), but they are perfectly deigned and far more responsive than any legacy controllers you'll find these days. The biggest problem that the console has is with the sound. Some of it is off just a bit (which is probably not noticeable unless you're familiar with how the sound is on the original carts), but there are some sounds that are come out as just a sort of weak static-y sound. It's obviously due to emulation issues, and it's not a deal breaker, but it is a shame. The other slight issue is that some of the games look a little washed out (again, it may not be noticeable unless you're familiar with how the actual carts look on the original system), but i think that's probably more a function of the system being connected with the yellow/white AV cables to an LCD tv (as opposed to the original system's RF-style connection).

The games include a handful of homebrews (just like with the Atari Flashback consoles) along with original releases. The complete list:

Colecovision games:
Alphabet Zoo, Aquattack, Artillery Duel, BlackJack/Poker, Blockade Runner, Brain Strainers, Bump 'n' Jump, Choplifter!, Cosmic Avenger, Dragonfire, Evolution, Fathom, Flipper Slipper, Fortune Builder, Frantic Freddy, Frenzy, Gateway to Apshai, Gust Buster, Jumpman Junior, Jungle Hunt, Miner 2049er, Montezuma's Revenge, Moonsweeper, Motocross Racer, Mountain King, Nova Blast, Oil’s Well, Omega Race, Pepper II, Quest for Quintana Roo, Rolloverture, Sammy Lightfoot, Sir Lancelot, Slurpy, Space Fury, Space Panic, Squish ‘Em Featuring Sam, Super Cross Force, Telly Turtle, The Dam Buster, The Heist, Threshold, Tomarc the Barbarian, Tournament Tennis, Venture, War Room, Wing War, Zaxxon.

Homebrews:
Bankruptcy Builder, Destructor, Mecha-8, Module Man, Monster Masher, Ms. Space Fury, Princess Quest, Schlange CV, Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels, Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2, Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 3, Shunting Puzzle.

All in all, i'd recommend it if you're interested in the Colecovision. Unfortunately, many of the best games for the system are not included (since most of the best games were licensed arcade ports — though a few are actually included, it obviously would have been too costly or impossible to secure all of them for release). But since it's not too easy to find a good, working CV these days, this little system is worth checking out.

And yes, the "Authentically Designed Controllers" symbol does totally resemble the Nintendo Seal of Quality shape and design, i noticed that too.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

@Tasuki

Bankruptcy Builder

ive got to get this on the rare downloads program asap.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

@the_shpydar: Yeah thats my biggest problem from seaking out an actually CV. I don't know how reliable the systems would be nowadays. I mean some systems like an NES for example you know that more then likely you are going to get one that works without much problems CV, though I just dont know that much about them. Maybe I will swing by Toys R Us later and check this thing out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

@the_shpydar is taking over this thread and y'all better recognize! Anyway, Greendog The Beached Surfer Dude would be a must for me if I was into the Genesis. Does look pretty radical though.

Appropriately, I picked up this sweet Timewalk out of print release though I will not get around to it this Halloween season.
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno those timewalk games are nice. i got a sealed mother 1 that ill never open. its hard to want to open it because it came in a plastic box protector, then they shrink wrapped it. i played my loose cart of mother 1 instead of opening it, but at least you got one open so you dont have to worry about getting a second one.
i used to have greendog when it came out. it was pretty cool.

the_shpydar wrote:

retropunky

Just got Super Street Fighter for the SNES, and Einhander for PS1.

Can't wait to play these!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

KingMike

Not so many retro purchases lately.
Just a Sparkster Genesis cart.
Then I have the complete series, with already having a SFC cart (the prices on the SNES version are why I figure it better to buy Genesis now ) and an ugly CIB of the original.

... and it's a Konami Genesis game. Clearly the odds of seeing it again are pretty low.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

HandheldGuru97

For my Halloween fix this year I'll be doing it a little old-school, Castlevania NES Classic and Castlevania Circle of the Moon both for the GBA. My GBA has been neglected as of late...these will spook up some fun . I also grabbed Klonoa: Empire of Dreams too Not scary, but fun none the less!

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

RancidVomit86

Felt good about these for $1.50

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

vickybirkss

I got two Rob the robots, one worked fine but the other was all dodgy so I fixed him up, now they both work!

vickybirkss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic